• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 14๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐’œ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“Š๐‘’ | ๐’œ ๐’ฎ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“๐“ ๐’ฏ๐‘œ๐“Œ๐“ƒ โ„›๐’ซ

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Autumn Festival

geminiy

v tired
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

14th Avenue

Rosewood Heights, VT, USA est. 1891

everywhere, everything

noah kahan

Autumn Festival

Autumn had finally arrived in Rosewood Heights, and with the shifting of winds and the colourful leaves came the bustle of people in town square. The market square was alive with booths filled to the brim with goodies and treats, canvas painted in the most beautiful shades of red and orange and yellow, and the streets were rife with townsfolk and visitors alike. Autumn in the valley was unlike any other and many people came to visit and take in the sights, especially when the Autumn Festival arrives. Between the market place and the edge of downtown Rosemary Heights, the town was packed full of events: carnival games, vendors, street performers, charity booths. The Rosewood Inn was booked solid for a week full of visitors eager to witness the beauty that autumn in Rosemary Heights has to offer. How will you take in the day?

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

BRYN VANCE
The ringing in Bryn's ears was always an unwelcome start to her mornings. The music from the club gave her headaches that lasted through the night until maybe mid afternoon. But, after working there for while, she'd learned to cope. Tea, a nice shower, and some comfy clothes were usually the solution to this daily problem. She used to take some

Advil to help, but after a few months her body had built a tolerance to the stuff and taking more than two was out of the books for her. She didn't trust the stuff.
With the light streaming through the blinds by her bed, she could see that the tree had turned an even brighter shade of red and orange. The summer had flown by, busy with work to make it seem like it was just a blink and the leaves were falling. But the cool air that breezed through the sliver of open window that she had left for herself the night before, only proved her suspicions that it was in fact, a cloudy and miserable day. Why she had moved somewhere so cold, was beyond her. She was a sunshine girlie, like a lizard who craved a warm rock.

Sitting up, she closed the window and watched the rain fall for a moment, the headache only getting worse from the sudden movement, "ugh." She grumbled to herself. It took minutes for her to will herself to go put on the water for her tea, but she made it to the kitchen without seeing stars. As the water boiled, the shower was calling her name. So she did that, and dressed in a comfy pair of leggings and a huge, oversize knit sweater. Part of her morning routine was finished, but a text from Lue, beckoning for her to meet at the Autumn fair, is was made Bryn skip her lazy morning and afternoon. The festival, even in her misery, sounded like a blast compared to sitting at home with a TV show she'd binged a billion times. It helped that tonight was her night off too, maybe she could even grab wine at the end of the day and sit in with some takeout. Yeah. That sounded like the perfect day.

So by noon, when her bagel was eaten and her tea was drunk, she slipped on a windbreaker over her sweater and pulled on her combat boots to finally begin her day. Once outside, she popped open her umbrella and took a glance down the streets. Even with the rain, the town was buzzing with excitement. So, it would be a walking day. The streets would be too busy to drive anyway. Plus, her little apartment wasn't too far from downtown, it would be a waste of gas to even drive.

With the cool breeze, she hugged her arm around herself in an attempt to hold her body warmth. Of course the attempt was pointless, but walking seemed to warm her up some as she approached the festival area. It was still kind of early, so she was a little surprised to see so many people bumping shoulder to shoulder with her. But she didn't mind. It was nice to see so many people being excited about something. It was a change from the usual men walking around with hooded eyelids. With the games and booths open, Bryn made her way to a little jewelry stand to duck under the tent roof while she sent a quick text to Lue. She had no clue where to begin to find her friend, but she hoped the, "hey I'm here, where r u?" was well received while her eyes wandered over the dainty, gold jewelry.

Mentions: Lue - -ferret- -ferret-
coded by kaninchen

Frankie Gomez
the quiet jock
at the fair
slightly worried
interactions

Lue -ferret- -ferret- Bryn travelbypages travelbypages
Frankie was nervous, since coming back into town. He and his sister kept to themselves, only really interacting with people who were residing at 14th Avenue. Now they were going out to the autumn festival and meeting up with their older sister Lue. Since coming back into town, they reconnected with a lot of people they knew growing up but Lue was someone that they missed every day while they were gone. She and her sister were their family, along with Charlie and Mama Howell. They were home when they didn't have love at their own home. It meant everything to them growing up, and now they were older but still, those kids who loved Lue without any hesitation. And would do anything for her. Including going to a festival.

Ok, maybe that wasn't the only reason.

Maybe another reason was maybe he was hoping to bump into Bryn Vance. The first time he saw her, was with Lue as she was visiting. Something about her intrigued him. He couldn't stop thinking about her, with some investigation work, he found her Instagram and maybe did a little Instagram stalking. He found her, beautiful and wanted to get to know her. Frankie would have messaged her without a second thought before, but he wasn't that guy anymore. He barely slept around as it is with Faith, he needed to focus on making sure that he and his sister get through life. And girls or boys weren't on the game plan but Bryn was someone he couldn't stop thinking about. Not that he wanted to. "Come on Fai, we gotta get movin'" He calls out as he puts his shoes on.

Faith finally comes around the corner, rolling her eyes. Frankie just looked at her, with an eyebrow raised. Faith may have been mute for some time now, but she did talk to him sometimes, especially if she needed someone to talk to. Someone who understood what the hell she went through. He was her twin, and he understood because he went through the same thing by her side. "I'm gonna pretend that I didn't see that. " He tells her with a smirk "Let's go, all-powerful tiny woman." He adds with a laugh as she glares at him and chases him out the door. They decided to walk to the fair, he took her hand, holding it softly. It was a comfort for both of them to know that the other was right beside them. They walked along the streets, looking around at everything, seeing everything that stayed the same and things that changed. They barely went out aside from the classes and jobs that they both had to help with bills and food. Technically they had enough savings to not work, but they tried not to touch that for the fact that they wanted to make sure to have backup money in case they needed to leave again.

Once they got there, Frankie pulled his sister into the fair, going straight for a food booth. He was starving, plus he had already texted Lue letting her know that they were there. Now they just wait as he orders two hot dogs for them. Frankie took a bite as they waited for their sister to find them.

coded by natasha.

scroll

lawyer

luella

mood

excited

the fair

interactions

Frankie, Bryn, Faith

hey I'm here, where r u?

Luella looked up from her phone, scanning the crowd around her. She was looking for her possibly closest friend, Bryn Vance. With the festival nearly properly under way, the people were pouring in and it would soon be too difficult to find anyone.

"I'll be right back, Jude! I have to find Bryn really quick!" Lue called to her longtime friend, walking into the meandering throng. She kept her eyes peeled but soon took to a corner when she heard her phone chime, alerting her to another text.

by the food

Ah, her brother always was very succinct. It complicated things but also straightened them out that she now had three people after her. Lue was forming a perfect plan. Just as she looked back up, she noticed a familiar face out of the corner of her eye. Completely by luck, she spotted Bryn by a jewelry booth.

"Bryn!" Lue shouted, ever confident. Some people side eyed her, but Lue paid them no mind. Lue walked quickly over to Bryn and gave her a hug. It didn't matter that she'd seen her fairly recently, Lue was very excited.

"I'm so glad you're here! I was a bit worried you might skip out!" Lue laughed, the corners of her eyes crinkling in genuine joy. She linked her arm with Bryn's, walking leisurely in the direction of the food stalls, her plan perfectly hatched. She listened to Bryn talk and they exchanged conversation before Lue reluctantly interrupted.

"Hey, so you know how I'm supposed to be running the Bird Infogram booth? Would you mind hanging out with my brother for a while until we pack the booth up? It shouldn't be too long, I'm sure Cricket will get cranky and tired after a few hours and we'll probably close down sooner. After that I promise I'm all yours and will totally hang for however long you want! I'm so sorry, please don't be mad. I promise Frankie is cool! He's with Faith right now but I might steal her away for some help but I'd hate for you and Frankie to be bored sitting at the booth," Lue lamented. She genuinely felt bad but at the same time, she knew that Frankie had been talking about Bryn for a bit. And of course Bryn could use a nudge to get out there. Frankie and Bryn were perfect for each other anyways! What could go wrong with this little matchmaking plot?

She spotted Faith and Frankie up ahead, chowing down and she once again called out.

"Frankie!! Fai!" She let go of Bryn's arm to give the twins a side hug each.

"Hey, I hate to rush this guys, but I totally need to borrow Faith for a while. Frankie do you mind hanging out with Bryn while we're gone? We'll be back in a few hours! Sorry again, guys! And thanks! See you in a bit! Bye!" Lue trailed off as she dragged Faith away, giving her a wink to let her know everything was copacetic. After they were out of sight, she turned to her sister.

"Matchmaking is hard work!"

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Faith Gomez
the mute musician
at the fair
worried
interactions

Lue -ferret- -ferret- Bryn travelbypages travelbypages
Faith knew that her brother needed this. He wasn't like her, he would like to pretend that he is but he wasn't. Frankie might have changed somewhat but she knew that boy who wanted to be social, to be around people and talk to them was still there. It wasn't like he just up and disappeared. He decided that Faith needed him to change, to be who she needed him to be but right now, Faith just wanted her brother to be free of her burdens, of their burdens. So this is why she was getting ready to go to the festival. This is why she was doing her best to be who he needed to be.

Without speaking of course.

Faith hasn't opened her mouth to anyone who wasn't her brother in over two years, Two years of being mute. She couldn't speak to anyone without a crippling anxiety overtaking her. Since moving back to their hometown, they have been trying to reacquaint themselves with the town, and the people. One of the people they have been talking to has been Lue. A fellow resident of 14th and their older sister. They have missed her and the others more than they will ever know and since coming back into town, have fallen back on old habits easily. Including going to the fair together. She hears her brother calling for her, as she comes around the corner. Faith rolled her eyes at him rushing her.

After putting on her shoes, and chasing her stupid twin brother out after calling her all-powerful tiny woman. They were walking to the fair, Frankie was holding her hand softly as she looked around the town seeing all the people. Normally this had her running for the hills, but at the moment she was at peace, with her brother by her side. Once they had gotten to the fair, they bought food and waited for their older sister to show up as she took a bite of her hot dog. Hearing her sister call out their names, she stood up and smiled as she walked to them giving them a side hug. El! She signed as she saw her but she saw that there was another person with her as well. She glances at the pretty woman, who had her brother in a dumb stare-down. She sighed as she slapped the back of his head before she got dragged off with Ella.

Matchmaking? Luella who was that woman? She questioned her as she stopped them. And why the hell did we just leave my brother with a stranger? Faith was confused and worried all in one. Was there something going on without her knowledge again?

coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back