• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

1400 A.D. Historic Roleplay

The Archbishop of Mainz began writing to any other Bishoprics as soon as he returned, frantically writing the documents to initialize the new church while doing so.

To all the Bishops of the HRE

I urge you to flee the country the Holy Roman emperor is mad with power and is hoping to destroy the papacy and found his own church. I fear the Teutonic order has already turned on The Lord so do not find solace with them. As for me and the other electors there is no hope, I have been forced to start a new Germanic church in his name and I pray that god will have mercy on my soul and will have no mercy on his.

Signed The Archbishop of Mainz

After sending out the letters he than began to finish to draft the documents initializing the separation from the church.

To the Doge of Venice

From the Emperor of Austria

I am sorry I have not wrote earlier but I was desposed with matters of the state. As for your offer, I would love to aid you in this but we must meet first with my 2 advisers to draw up a treaty of the after war land changeing and other such things @Fishman Lord

The Emperor knew he could not trust that knight or holy man from france but he knew not what to do, but emotins were high in the debate hall and he truly wonders if what he had done was for the best, he wanted to bring the Empire under one king so his people could lead a far greater life and the states would not longer have to scurm under the rule of the fench and sweedish. The empire had foes on all sides and he did not want the enemies to be inside as well so he used the moto that one of the former knights templer leaders told him, it's not a succussful negotiation unless both parties are unhappy with the outcome come so he wrote more letters after he sent out the letter to the doge.

To the grand master and Archbisop of Maniz,

I have acted irrationally in the heat of the moment and wish to undo my mistakes before they cause harm to the empire, Please join me in the court of the Doge of Venice to rediscuss the issue of the church and centeralization

To: Emperor Fredrick III Habsburg King of all Romans

I cannot attend, as I have a prior engagement. In my stead, I shall send my Brother, Ulrich Von Jungingen. Please treat him as you would trear me.

After sending this letter, Konrad and 10 Knights set of for the Papal States.​

To Kaiser Frederick the third

I am sorry but I must continue drafting the documents finalizing our separation from the church.

From Johann Von Nassau of Mainz

Soon after he set about placing assassins in the court of the doge and set off to the Papal States with many of his closest friends and members of the clergy as well as a guard of 30 men. He would likely arrive in under a month at the least.

To The grand master and Maniz

Please on a side note, disregard any mention of the new church and please stop any plans to make it, as I have said it was a foolish idea and I do not wish to go through with it, to the Grand master I will accept in as a staand it but please send with the the seal to add legitamcy to his voice in the court

(If he gets assassinated it'll be kind of funny.)

In Mainz a strange thing begins to happen a lower ranking clergy member who heard of the intentions of a united Germanic church begins preaching a gospel for a church that didn't exist yet, the doctrines weren't even those that the Archbishop had drafted but neither the less he began preaching. Many ignored him, including the authorities but some listened, and those few began preaching the gospel to their neighbours and friends. Soon a few hundred were preaching this gospel but still the authorities ignored it.

Holy Roman Empire(Austria)Emperor Frederick the III of Austria

Frederick was tired from drafeing the documents and needed to take a break before Heading to the court of Venice.

To the Doge of Venice

As you mau have heared the empire is centeralizeing and I am sure as a statesman your self you would know how tireing politics is so I will join you to plan in 3 months time.

After writeing up his letter he sends one last one to the grand master and Maniz, "Whatever may happen with the pope if you go to him just know that I hope you make the right choice for the empire"

He calls in his generals and order them to form up a army and he hopes to see a 50,000 man army raised by the time he is back from venice.

Now it was time for his trip he decided to head east to hungry to calm things with them and ask for the king of hungrys daughters hand in marrage.

Finally, Konrad entered Rome. He went to a tavern. At a table, there where other armored men, like himself. He sat down, and began debating how to go about things.

Johann had been there for about a week and was currently waiting for an audience with the pope. His clergy members and close friends dispersed into the city to find refuge as he waited, he wished to warn the pope.

Meanwhile in Mainz the heretical clergy member and his followers had begun numbering in almost 1 thousand and were promotly drove from the city, this only helped spread the ideals as the man and his acolytes began the preach across the HRE gathering up a large group of followers.

Meanwhile in plague the general he had left in charge to gather the troops and watch over the capital heard news of the heretical clergy member and sent for him at once along with all of his following and any other who follow the religion, offering food and shelter thinking that this is what the emperor would want because he heard he is starting a new church but did not know that he had called it off and being that The arch-bishop made the church, and him being the empires head religious leader he thought the so called heretical leader was a member of the new church

Since hearing news of the new church being established many thousands of people have been abandoning Catholicism and joining the new church but are still very spread out though the empire.

Fredrick had reached Buda, the capital of Hungary, and been greated relectatly by the king.

"What brings you here Frederick?"

"I am tired of our kingdoms fighting and I wish to make amends with Hungary"

So on and so forth relations were soothed and He had a hungarians princesses hand in marriage

After he set out he ordered assassination attempts be made on the 4th in line to the throne and going up till the king so his wife would be put on the throne. It was a lot more quicker and less bloody to do that that dirty his hands with a war with that lowly kingdom. and now it was time to be off to Venice so he could sign some more treaties and hope to have a clear head when he gets back and can sort out any damage that is done with the pope.

(Interestingly enough Mainz actually spawned multiple elements that contributed to the reformation including an advance printing press if I am remembering correctly, neat huh.)

dieutain said:
(Interestingly enough Mainz actually spawned multiple elements that contributed to the reformation including an advance printing press if I am remembering correctly, neat huh.)
(Amzeingly cool ^~^)

After much banter, arguing, and near bloodshed, the holy orders reached an agreement. They would become on order: The Mighty Defenders of Catholicism. The name was a work in Progress. They where an alliance, lead by the Tuetonic Order. They immediately began drafting documents to declare war on the HRE.

Soon after warning the Pope about a the Archbishop of Mainz returned to his lands ready to succeed from the HRE to find them in turmoil from the new church. Quickly he opened the letter from the emperor and laughed, than sent a letter about his succession back. Than immediately after he went about declaring a holy war against the Teutonic Order, and rallying the other cities of the Rhineland under his banner. (Roll if that succeeds)

(<~> I find some of the actions of you guys a bit unnecessary in truth, like of course you two might not like my idea of a new church but to have such disloyalty and just blantant ingoreing of my letters to stop the church is a bit strange like in RP wise, personal wise it's fine but as for the RP it seems a bit weird)

(I once heard a quote somewhere where what causes quarrels among neighbours causes kings to wage war. That is one of the most accurate quotes I have ever heard and I think that it is applicable here.)

Holy Roman Empire(Austria)Emperor Frederick the III of Austria

Frederick very much enjoyed his vacation to get a wife but now it was time for bussiness. and more so starting the first war of his rain and sure to not be the last with his foolish vassals running off to the pope to tell on him he had a long year ahead of him and he was not looking foward to it

Fredrick sat in his carriage with his newly wed wife Marica, an elegantly beautiful girl of 16.She was happly siting next to him and looking at maps and letters, pokeing at him every once in a while to ask about him and about the maps on the table. when they pulled up to the farry that would take them to the court of the Doge of Venice.

They got on and were off to speak with the Doge. When they arrived they were greeted and brought to dinner then to the room to make the plans.

Good Evening again Doge, he said with a smile.

"Let us just get down to bussiness, it was a long ride and I would very much so like to spend a night with my new wife so let us talk of the plans to wipe the oxidonx dogs off the map. But on my way here I thought that of no insult to you of course, but you are thinking too small, I say once we wipe off the remnants of Constantinople we head north to murder the orthodox trade republic of Novgorod and head a little south and kill Muscovy. I offer a land lease and all the matterals you need to build ships to combat them over sea and any miltary might you need, in excange for docking and permission to walk though your land any time I need free of charge and might I propose a military alliance? all after we deal with the Byzantines. in addition I propose I gain athines and you Constantinople, with 25% of any spolies of war we get from raiding Constantinople, along with the empours crown and rights to burn any orthodox churches there and your attendance in the new Rome in the empire to declare the great scism mended in favor of the new religion.

Back in the empire 100's of thounds of new followers were conveting to the new religion and takeing up arms.

The Doge looked back at the Holy Roman Emperor. "I understand the reasoning for attempting a full-out attack on the orthodox faith, but our troops have not been trained for northern climates, and even attempting to send our ships to the White Sea would be a joke. I suppose that with help from you, we could build newer ships and retrain our troops... Very well, I accept your offer, but only after we have dealt with Byzantium. May God be with us."

Meanwhile, a ship was preparing to leave the ports of Corfu. It was to sail along the coast of Morocco and down the Sahara, to see if there were any unclaimed lands the Venetians could colonize.

@Zelorm to see what the explorer finds.

Well that works out for all of us, have your troops join with mine and head to the Empire for some training

Declaration of War

The State of the Tuetonic Order, and it's Cobelligerents, the member Orders of The Union of Catholic Orders, hereby declare war on the Holy Roman Empire, as they support a heretic church within their borders and wish to undermine the pope

To: The Polish kingdom and Lithuanian grand duchy

While I know in previous years, there have been rough waters between us, we would like to request military access through your nation. In return, we would give you some of the German land wif and when we defeat the holy roman empire.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Zelorm said:

Declaration of War

The State of the Tuetonic Order, and it's Cobelligerents, the member Orders of The Union of Catholic Orders, hereby declare war on the Holy Roman Empire, as they support a heretic church within their borders and wish to undermine the pope

To: The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

While I know in previous years, there have been rough waters between us, we would like to request military access through your nation. In return, we would give you some of the German land wif and when we defeat the holy roman empire.​
(Poland and Lithuania were not yet a commonwealth, they were still seperate I believe, the commonwealth was formed in 1569)

[QUOTE="Fishman Lord](Poland and Lithuania were not yet a commonwealth, they were still seperate I believe, the commonwealth was formed in 1569)

[/QUOTE]
((The map doesn't call them the Commonwealth, but it does have them as one nation. I'll change it to the name on the map))

((The map doesn't have a border between them, but it does seem like they are two nations))

To: Konrad von Jungingen, Grand master of Orders of The Union of Catholic Orders

You spread lies and dissident and thus I issue a public declaration of excommunication and denounce your holy order as a false pretender to the true holy order that had formed. You are nothing more but a traitor to Catholicism. I also hereby revoke your title of head of the military, take by all land I have given you and any claims you have to that land, Nullify the imperial seal you have and revoce all of the Prussian land you hold in the name of your false holy order. I will meet you in the field and have your tradious head.

To:The General of Plague

Please head south with your army to meet me with my Venetian allies.

To:The Polish Commonwealth

Attack the Teutonic order and you will be given the Latvian order along with all claims to it and people in the land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back