• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

1400 A.D. Historic Roleplay

The man stared at the Emperor "Are you mad! A union with the papacy will destroy all order! You will destroy our relations with other catholic nations and our own church will rise up with the peasants in revolt!" The man screamed "A holy union is one thing but that! That is another!"

Konrad strokes his beard. "All the men I would need...", He thinks for a moment, then smiles. "I agree to your terms." He seems as though he is through, but then speaks up again, "If I have the assurance that, not just you, but your successor, whom ever that may be, will not enter any sort of agreement with the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, until the Pagans have been dealt with."

Zelorm said:
Konrad strokes his beard. "All the men I would need...", He thinks for a moment, then smiles. "I agree to your terms." He seems as though he is through, but then speaks up again, "If I have the assurance that, not just you, but your successor, whom ever that may be, will not enter any sort of agreement with the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, until the Pagans have been dealt with."
"How do you find this blasphemy agreeable! I thought you were above this as one who has killed so many in the name of god, you seem to know little! You are betraying your faith for gains! That is punishable by death!" Johann quickly drew a sword and pointed it at the grandmaster

The Grand Master seemed unfazed by the drawing of a blade, and and stared into the direction of Johann, "In the times to come, there will be things that the Lord will be displeased with. It is clear the church doesn't want this Empire to become one, but I will no longer try to fight it, as it has become clear I cannot. The Pagans in Lithuania is where I shall turn my gaze. I can fight Lithuanians and Poles who anger the lord,especially with help from the House of Habsburg, but I cannot fight a powerful Empire, who angers the clergy, especially not alone, and you have made it clear you would not help should I try."

"You wish to stand by the desecration of the church in the name of god! You wish to help cheat me into the papal seat! You disgust me! You might as well start your own church of heresy or join the Orthadox bastards who plague our lands! You would have my support if you stood and fight instead of backing down like the mongrel you are!" He pushed his sword ever closer

Fredrick smashed his fist down, "I WILL NOT HAVE THIS!" "I ORDER BOTH OF YOU TO BACK DOWN AND PUT AWAY YOUR BLADE"" Today is to be a grand day that shall go down in history as the greatest day in histoy, and I will not have you two babbling boffins rune it for the Empire!"" I Also order my generals includeing the archbisop and Grand master to set out and take control of rome and any and all churches and in the Empire, We came here today to unite the Empire but we leave here uniteing all of the christian world under the new pope of catholism! Pope Frederick the III of Austria! and pope Johann the 2nd von Nassau! and don't you worry Electors and grand master! you shall get much out of this as well!

(Traditionally popes change there names to a Latin one such as Benedict or Urban.)

dieutain said:
(Traditionally popes change there names to a Latin one such as Benedict or Urban.)
(I know, but if I said that you would be like who? plus he was yelling and being crazy so he did not have time for that, plus it is our chruch we can do what we want with our names

Johann gave a look of disgust and sat down, sheathing his sword. "And what will stop all other catholic countries declaring war on us when we begin marching? Conquering a papacy isn't exactly easy, we will be beset upon by all sides. Also are men will desert to their pope in the face of retribution from god, and your holy knights won't exactly be pleased with it. What are we to do, form our own church?" Johann stared at the emperor expecting an answer fast

"It will be a long process but I spoke too quickly, We will first set up an anti-pope, put him on the throne, he says to abondon the relgion and join our religion which we will make, and any former cathlocs will be hertics and be hunted and killed"

"The knights are brave souls, and, in combat, I'd trust my life to any one of them. However, I don't think they'd realize that this is good for all humanity, infidels aside, of course. My knights would fight for the Catholics."

Johann sighed "I shall rally my troops and begin to subdue those discontent with our plans. We must secure our borders as a full scale civil war is ought to happen. But currently our biggest problem are your knights, there one of the strongest fighting forces in Europe and if we go ahead with this well, we could have multiple uprisings. As for the church, we don't need religious uprisings as well so let's wait a bit."

"Well the meaning of meeting was to centralise the Empire and we have done that so we shall go ahead with part one of the plan and that is as the agreement has stated"

"But what of my knights? It's been established they won't support this. What will be done of them?" He said, his gaze stern.

Zelorm said:
"But what of my knights? It's been established they won't support this. What will be done of them?" He said, his gaze stern.
What of them? you are the next Messiah! why would they not follow you to the end? Is that not right Pope of Mainz?

AliceB said:
What of them? you are the next Messiah! why would they not follow you to the end? Is that not right Pope of Mainz?
The man spit in the emperors face and laughed "I am no pope, do not affiliate me with that corrupt church, a new standing must be created. We are United German states not those clinging to the remnants of a broken empire. Our ancestors fought the romans off and we must honour that legacy by fighting off dissenters. This union of Germanic states lead by the emperor and German church shall forge a new destiny. Disregard the influence of those Italian dogs."

dieutain said:
The man spit in the emperors face and laughed "I am no pope, do not affiliate me with that corrupt church, a new standing must be created. We are United German states not those clinging to the remnants of a broken empire. Our ancestors fought the romans off and we must honour that legacy by fighting off dissenters. This union of Germanic states lead by the emperor and German church shall forge a new destiny. Disregard the influence of those Italian dogs."
Treason! what you are saying is against God! And I bloody love it! Mainz set up the german church, Grand master bring the holy orders under this church and assemble the army to strike in a month. and maniz I will have your head the next time you spit in my face I can promise you that after I am done promiseing you a million times the power you had before you steped though that door. I will have to calm the electors, so everyone get going on your assiments

"This is not against god. It is simply against corruption, I am uniting the HRE under the banner of one church we'll need a year at the least."

"I agree, But do remeber who is the emperor. WE are uniteing the HRE under one church and one banner, So Grand master and everyone remebr your duties."" guards seize the other 6 electors and generals send out 20,000 men to take Bohemia and Brandenburg and send 30.000 to secure all of the churches and and petty castles of the other memebers of the Empire" Oh yes and provide the grand master the imperial seal so he can speak to the other orders in my name and allow Mainz full access to everything in the castle and provide any help he needs in forming the church," Mainz when you have extablished the church in hopefully in a years time report back to me so we may ride down to rome and crush the remants of the old order.

(guards seize the other 6 electors and generals send out 20,000 men to take Bohemia and Brandenburg and send 30.000 to secure all of the churches and and petty castles of the other memebers of the Empire")(Yes and no)

Konrad stood, "If this meeting is adjourned, I have important business to attend to. Those Knights Hospitallers are a thick Headed bunch, and may take some convincing to join a... Unified Holy Military."

The Doge paced back and forth in his grand study. "Why have they not responded?" He finally said. "WHY HAVE THEY NOT RESPONDED!?" He repeated when the room remained silent. "Two months and NOTHING? We'll just have to assume they weren't interested. Send another letter, this time to Castile. Perhaps they have more common sense." The messenger said "Yes, my Doge." and departed the room.

(@Zelorm for Castile's reply)

After returning to Marienburgh, Konrad immediately went to his desk. He did not bother removing his armor for his night clothes, there was work to be done. The Emperor had promised him much of what he wanted in this world, it is true, but he was a tool of the lord, not a power hungry Austrian. He was glad that his lies where not noticed by the court. He set about writing a letter to the Knights Hospitallers (Aka The Sovereign Military Order of Malta)

To: Philibert de Naillac ofSovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta (as well as the leaders of other Catholic Military Orders)

The Emperor of Holy Rome has betrayed the church. He has told me to gather you men to combat the Pope. We cannot let this happen. I need you fine men to meet me in Rome. ((As in the capital of the Papacy))

(To prove that the Emperor contacted him, Konrad has stamped the Imperial Seal at the bottom)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back