• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

1400 A.D. Historic Roleplay

Pope Innocent VII

The Pope Had Received The Teutonic Order Guy And spoke little to him because he seemed in a hurry so he let him go before hearing anything he said and now it was time to speak to the Arch-Bishop of Maniz, he was looking forward to what he had to say because he heard the plans about attacking the Byzantines and that seemed fun so he wanted to join in so he was hoping the guy was coming to invite him. Yea.

The troops had surrounded the city of the world's desire. 20,000 Venetian soldiers and 10,000 aragonese soldiers were ready to fight. All they needed now was for the Imperial army to arrive. The letter calling the empire to arms was sent. @AliceB

The explorer returned, excited to tell the Doge the news. He arrived in the meeting room to address the leader. "My Doge, I bring great news. We have discovered a great empire called 'Mali'. After some trouble in communication, we were able to learn that their empire extends all the way in to the Sahara, to a city called Timbuktu. We have also found lands inhabited only by wild savages. We could easily add this land to our republic."

The Doge smiled. "Excellent, send 50 ships and 3,000 soldiers. This land is our opportunity to become a true world power!"

The archbishop of Mainz looked over his city, half of it had disappeared following that lunatic those who still remained where either too devout, too poor, or simply too lazy to follow the heretic. But it was time, by unifying the western border of the HRE under his banner, the arch bishop was ready to march on Prague. Soon he penned a letter

Dear Grandmaster

I see that you wish to take the emperor on but with the many theocratic nations under my control we shall help you in your attack on Prague.

Signed The Archbishop of Mainz

Concealed by a hill, a young man named Martin lead a group of men to assault the Teutonic Orders force. They were of the new heretical belief and had set their eyes on a small party which had lagged behind the rest of the force. Soon the heretics had gathered at the top of the hill and barrelled down towards the enemy. Smashing into their right side.

To:The doge of Venice

I am sure you know that I can not join you at this time seeing as I am under attack and haveing to organise upwards of a million new converts into an army and a new church. But I do hope the 20,000 I sent to aid in anything you need will be of a great help. Also I hope to see your ships land in the rivers of Plague to aid in the defence of it

To:The false master of the Teutonic Order and the Anti-Bishop of Maniz

You still have much time to surrender and if you do the trial for treason and going against God will not carry with it a hanging in the lowest pits of the city. But of you choose not to then you and any whom to not convert will be hung and burned in the name of our great lord.

To:The great leader, Pope Innocent VII

Please send letters to all christan leaders calling off the attack on the great city of Plague

Frederick had armed the coverts and set them out to plage the country of any cathiloic churches and towns that still followed the haritic Maniz. He was pleased when he arrived back in Plague to see that the general had assembled 60k Empire troops and had armed and was training 20k of the men that had came to join the new faith along with maining thoundes of others to other cities to train and employ them in farming and such. Fredrick had also brought 30k from his new father in law and was seting up defenses for the city

Pope Innocent VII

To:The honorable Konrad von Jungingen and Humble Arch-Bishop of Mainz

I request both of your presents in Rome as soon as possible, I wish to hear your case on The great leader, Fredrick the 3rd of Austria. I advise you attend within a months time, camp your sieges where ever you wise but come to Rome without the army

To:Fredrick of Austria

I hear you have spilt from the church, I hope you know this is not an intelligant choce and I will have a hearing on it within a month please come to Rome I assure no harm will come to you and if you are to die, you shall die a man.

The archbishop walked to the emperor's messenger and laughed "Relay that to your heretical kaiser won't you?" he than sent the man off before going back to tend to the siege.

Mainz: Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail.

Fredrick: Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he will be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see.

Mainz: What?

Grandmaster: He said they've already got one!

Mainz: Are you sure he's got one?

Fredrick: Oh yes, it's very nice!

Frederick: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

The Venetian general raised his sword. "Men, today we begin the purge of heresy that is so long overdue! Today, we battle a empire that falsely claims itself to be Rome! TODAY, WE FINISH WHAT THE OTTOMANS STARTED! TODAY, WE BRING AN END TO BYZANTIUM!" The men cheered. He turned to the artillery. "FIRE THE CANNONS!"

The blasts pummeled the walls of the grand city until one of the walls fell. "YOU SEE THAT BREACH?" The general yelled. "THAT IS OUR CHANCE TO BRING DOWN THE IMPOSTERS! MEN, CHAAAAAARGE!" Aragonese and Venetian men poured through the hole, and were met with fierce opposition. Would the day bring them victory?

@Zelorm for the battle of Constantinople. I won't suggest modifiers as I'd probably be biased, so you do modifiers yourself please.

The newly elected Greek Leader, Alexandros, stares out across the city of Athens. He has sent men to the Venetian controlled greek lands to try and convince them to join the Greeks.

His first order of business is to write to the Doge.

To Doge Michele of Venice;

It has come to my attention you own the rightful lands of the Greek republic known as Euboea. We request that you transfer the land to us. We are also displeased that you have taken the last bastion of the roman empire in Constantinople. Do not displease us further, or we will not allow you to send trade in Greek waters.

From his High Councilman Alexandros Mikrasio of the Greek Republic

Alexandros turns to his Grand General. "I want you to begin building siege equipment, and some cannons. I fear the Venetians will not give in to our demands lightly."

Jonvaljon said:
The newly elected Greek Leader, Alexandros, stares out across the city of Athens. He has sent men to the Venetian controlled greek lands to try and convince them to join the Greeks.
His first order of business is to write to the Doge.

To Doge Michele of Venice;

It has come to my attention you own the rightful lands of the Greek republic known as Euboea. We request that you transfer the land to us. We are also displeased that you have taken the last bastion of the roman empire in Constantinople. Do not displease us further, or we will not allow you to send trade in Greek waters.

From his High Councilman Alexandros Mikrasio of the Greek Republic

Alexandros turns to his Grand General. "I want you to begin building siege equipment, and some cannons. I fear the Venetians will not give in to our demands lightly."
The Doge read the message, and quickly sent a reply.

To Alexandros of Greece:

We understand your concern, however, the Venetians are not the giving type. We are men of trade, so if you wish to take something, you must be willing to give something in return.

@Jonvaljon

A messenger arrived. "My Doge, the assault on Constantinople failed, however, only 2,000 men died." The Doge sighed. "Ah, well, we shall just starve them out. I believe... 3-4 months more? Yes, that will do it. Send the order."

(So basically unless anyone intervenes, the troops in Constantinople will surrender in 3-4 months due to lack of supplies and it will become mine)

The Sultan has gained word that the dirty venetians are sieging his would be capital. he knows what he must do. He has only 170000 of his men mobilized near the capital, but he cares not. He will mobilize.

It is an act of war.

The sultan send a letter to the greek republic,

To his High Councilman Alexandrous,

I request you do not interfere in my attack on the Venetians. Should you choose to assist me in this war, you will be rewarded.

Sincerely, Sultan Mehmet I

The high councilman Alexandros nods his head. He considers this carefully and thinks about possibly attacking the Venetian enemies. he sends one last letter to the venetians;

To Doge Michele

This is your last chance to allow me to have the greek lands. If not, I will join the war with the Ottomans.

High Councilman Alexandros

Its a bluff, of course, the Greek army wont be ready for a month, but he is hoping Venice will give in.

The Doge yelled at the top of his lungs. "DAMN THE MUSLIMS! DAMN THEM ALL!" He calmed down. "Wait... get my letter writer."

To the grand sultan of the Ottoman Empire

You have made a terrible mistake. You wish to take Constantinople? Fine, you may have it. But how shall it be useful to you if the greatest trading powers in Europe embargo your ships? What will you do when the Pope calls a crusade upon your wretched lands? What then, Sunni dog? BURN IN HELL!

The men loaded on to the ships as the Ottomans marched towards them. "SAIL, MEN! WE MUST ESCAPE TO EUBOA! THERE WE CAN RESUPPLY AND PREPARE FOR BATTLE!"

@Zelorm to see if they succesfuly escape. I recommend a +2 modifier as the venetians had one of the best navies in the world at the time

The Greeks have not gotten a reply, so they declare war and send their ships to blockade escape. Alexandros smiles a grim smile. "They will not escape my new Galleases."

The somewhat mobilized army is sent to take the Venetian held Greek lands, and some men are to be transported to Crete.

@Zelorm make sure you add to the roll the blockading ships.

The sultan, infuriated that the Venetians are getting away just as he arrived, sets up his cannons and begins firing at their ships in the hopes of hitting one.

The Sultan also has a letter sent to the Greek Leader thanking him for assisting him in the fight and promising riches and wealth when they conquer Venice.

To Alexandrous

My thanks for the assistance with your ships. If we can sink his armada and capture him, we will be able to take venice and its riches. I promise to share them with you. If you help me largely, perhaps I will give you Thrace (That is the province east of his territories, rite?)

From Sultan Mehmet I

@Jonvaljon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back