• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ( 1 X 1 need new people) I want an adventure in an amazing world!

*waves frantically*

Both of those plots are so good! I'd love to RP with you!

Can I PM you and talk about this?

Hi Dano, I'm Never. I think your "Life in the Sky, Danger Below" plot looks interesting. I noticed that a few other people have also expressed interest in it, so I'd be alright with a small group as well. I am going home for the semester tomorrow afternoon, but I'll still be checking back every day or so to answer PMs, chat, and plan.

An idea that I had was that maybe there were still some communities of people living on the surface, but that it had been so long since the two groups had encountered each other that they both considered each other as sort of dangerous folktales. However, because the falling islands would destroy their homes as well, they have to work together. Maybe some are afraid that the sky-people will betray them, that they will be colonized or enslaved (I'm assuming the air-people have much better technology and such), or don't believe that the islands will fall at all, or that it's a symbol of the end of the world.

You mentioned people bringing their own worlds up as well. I have two, a realistic medieval-ish kingdom called Maireann and a fantasy underwater kingdom called Cunara. Info on them can be found in the Plots folder of my portal (link in my signature) if you want to look at them, but I don't have a full plot fleshed out for them. I'd kind of like to have a sort of military or social focus with Maireann and a cultural or political focus with Cunara, but that's about it.

Hi Dano, I'm Never. I think your "Life in the Sky, Danger Below" plot looks interesting. I noticed that a few other people have also expressed interest in it, so I'd be alright with a small group as well. I am going home for the semester tomorrow afternoon, but I'll still be checking back every day or so to answer PMs, chat, and plan.

An idea that I had was that maybe there were still some communities of people living on the surface, but that it had been so long since the two groups had encountered each other that they both considered each other as sort of dangerous folktales. However, because the falling islands would destroy their homes as well, they have to work together. Maybe some are afraid that the sky-people will betray them, that they will be colonized or enslaved (I'm assuming the air-people have much better technology and such), or don't believe that the islands will fall at all, or that it's a symbol of the end of the world.

You mentioned people bringing their own worlds up as well. I have two, a realistic medieval-ish kingdom called Maireann and a fantasy underwater kingdom called Cunara. Info on them can be found in the Plots folder of my portal (link in my signature) if you want to look at them, but I don't have a full plot fleshed out for them. I'd kind of like to have a sort of military or social focus with Maireann and a cultural or political focus with Cunara, but that's about it.

We should discuss in PM. I've just come back to this thread, so I'd prefer 1 x 1. But so far, I enjoy your ideas. It is very likely the sky people might look down on the land people as savages, and the land people looking at the sky people as advanced and potential threats. I don't mind incorporating parts of your world, as long as they're not too complicated and can fit together rather nicely! C:

The floating island idea has piqued my interest. If you're still looking for a partner I'd be willing give it a go.

Hey I love the idea of starting with two characters, I think it would be really fun with either of these two topics. "Dark Ore Weapons" and "Life in the Sky, Danger Below" both look like they could be detailed and complex (My favorite type of RP's) and that it could last for quite a while, so I'm interested and ready to create a story with you.

> Sealed-away fantasy world

> A single village from the feudal Japanese era sits in the middle

> Monster girls live everywhere else in this island-sized land

> Fighting between said monster girls is an everyday occurrence

The only catch is that it's a fandom setting, but one that doesn't need any explanation if your character cluelessly stumbles inside from the real world. In fact, a clueless character would make the rp more authentic, actually. 

Thoughts? Questions? I might be able to scrounge up some writing samples to prove I'm not a scrub, too.

@DarkStarDano

Last edited by a moderator:
> Sealed-away fantasy world

> A single village from the feudal Japanese era sits in the middle

> Monster girls live everywhere else in this island-sized land

> Fighting between said monster girls is an everyday occurrence

The only catch is that it's a fandom setting, but one that doesn't need any explanation if your character cluelessly stumbles inside from the real world. In fact, a clueless character would make the rp more authentic, actually. 

Thoughts? Questions? I might be able to scrounge up some writing samples to prove I'm not a scrub, too.

@DarkStarDano

Can I PM you to discuss this more because oh boi oh boi. 

Ooo hello~ I'm really interested in the first plot, Dark Ore Weapons. Would love to discuss it further with you via PM ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back