• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic 1-800-HUN-TERS

Newson

grant me eyes

Call for Service!
1368879274877.jpg

"Try our new skin-care products today for the low price of..."

"...five payments of $39.99 and this cleaning machine can be yours! Even..."
"...the politicians are passing laws about these crimes in the Underground, and there..."
"...was a murder last night on 5th Street tonight. Famous actor Max Orwell was shot and..."
"...killed. He was killed, sir. We found his phone number though. Call..."

"...1-800-HUN-TERS Today!"
"Bounty Hunters Unified are here for you."
"Just call our hotline, tell us your problems, and you'll have a trained mercenary in no time!"
"Our number is 800-486-8377."
""Service prices, success of contract, and penalties may vary."
Welcome to Regalis, the City of Lights and the largest metropolis in the human-controlled world. This city represents the pinnacle of human culture, civilization, and power. The city is controlled by mega-corporations, the seated government, and a drive for success. The city consists of everything from warehouse to red-light districts, and skyscrapers to slums. You can find all likes of people here. Even the alien races from surrounding continents have come to make an earning in Regalis. The city had its first breakthrough when the massive corporation Envio set up its headquarters in the city. The corporation was founded on the goal of making the human race stronger and more prosperous. Their innovations in cybernetics, artificial intelligence, and synthetics pushed Regalis to the top. Sooner or later, more corporations moved into the city. These included manufacturers, scientific researchers, and consumer goods resources. Soon enough Regalis was one of the largest cities ever. Everything sounds nearly perfect for this city.

Other than the fact that the government is even controlled by the mega-corporations, the slums are growing with people not able to live in Regalis and too poor to acquire transit passes, and crime is rising in the outer reaches of the city, the slums, and the ever-growing Underground. The typical, dis-associative Regalis citizen hardly notices any of these problems. They much rather spend their days shopping and relaxing rather than dealing with problems and politics. But some face the problems directly. Some people are robbed, kidnapped, even killed. Criminal organizations are forming in abandoned metro stations underground. The Underground is becoming a series of abandoned stations and ravines united under one flag. These small towns are home to the poorest of the poor and the lowest of the low. To the normal citizen, they are holes of filth and crime, but to those less fortunate they are a home where they cannot afford any other. Despite all of these defects in the system of the city it is still the pinnacle of the civilized world.

As of the First Month of Rain, posters and flyers were soon found around the city for a new service. A bounty hunting service. One would assume a bounty hunting service, that would even kill, would be illegal. But as the month carried on, and the Second Month of Rain rolled around, the hotline received phone calls every week, and had no signs of stopping. There was something about the simplicity and the overwhelming success of the hotline that made people trust, and more or less ring the phones of the bounty hunters. There has been a generally-agreeable statement that formed from those who called the service: Whatever you need done, they can do it. For a fee of course. That didn't mean you can hire a mercenary to fix your plumbing. But anything that a normal person couldn't do, and that is illegal enough to get caught, is perfectly fine for these men and women. It is a loose organization running out of an out-of-sight base of operations in a secluded and out-of-the-way area of Regalis. Lead by a shady man who calls himself the Operator, the bounty hunters are notified of contracts by another phone call; this time from the Operator himself. It works this way. The Operator and his Telephone Girls, a group of women who answer the phones for him, answer a call from strangers asking for help with their problems, and they give the contract to their bounty hunters.

The advertisements are all of the city for this bounty hunter hotline, and all you need to do is call.

Hello there and thank you for reading my introduction to this little, now big, idea of mine. This roleplay will take place in a cyberpunk and futuristic city in the distant future on some off-planet in an alternate universe. Regalis, the city, is controlled by the human race as it is on their continent. The rest of the world is controlled by alien species also native to this planet. Regalis is almost like a capital of the world, or more like the cultural world. Human and alien alike come to Regalis to find a life, or just to admire its beauty. In this city, there is a bounty hunter service. As you've read above, they get plenty of business. Despite being illegal to the normal citizen, the organization holds some shady deals with the people pulling the strings of society, and is able to conduct their businesses with the local government and big guys of the law not even batting an eye. Theme-wise, imagine a gritty, cyberpunk, and sometimes comical roleplay. I plan for this to be filled with interesting bounties, characters and settings, branching and expansive plots created by the characters and their interactions, and a bunch of technology, weaponry, and antics a bounty hunter can get their hands on.

Although I could easily make this a roleplay where we all play as bounty hunters and mercenaries alike, but I'm leaving it up to the roleplayer. But I would like for your character to run into the bounty hunter organization one way or another. Whether you are a bounty hunter yourself, or someone who orders a contract from them. The plan is for every character to be tied to the organization some way or another. It would be much easier if we all of our characters were bounty hunters, and I assume most of us will play as them. But I wanted to give everyone the creative freedom.

What I'm looking for in roleplayers are people who are detail-oriented and can push out a lengthy response each time. Something longer than two to three paragraphs would be much appreciated. But I also prefer quality over quantity in any case. I know some scenes it can be hard to make at least three paragraphs, so as long as its written well and conveys the point. I also wish for people who are well-versed in science fiction, have roleplaying experience, and are willing to put the work into making this roleplay amazing.

This is merely an introduction post to create interest in the idea itself. Once I get enough people interested, I can start with the creation process. I was somewhat inspired by the Prey 2 trailer from E3 2012. It was a game that never came to be, but was soon replaced by the Prey game that came out this year. I wanted something more cyberpunk than that, so the Cyberpunk 2077 E3 Trailer can also be considered inspiration. Other than that, thank you for reading, and I hope you take interest in this!

Last edited:
This is vaguely interesting, but I'm slightly confused by the way you refer to the other races as "alien", despite saying that they're from other continents on the same planet.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R , The term alien describes something not native to said area or country. So the other humanoid races of the world are alien to that of the humans in Regalis and the surrounding continent.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R , it is not done, but even if it was I wouldn't hand it out just yet. I'm waiting for more interest before anything of the sort happens.

Are we following a campaign in this roleplay?
If by campaign you mean plot, then somewhat. Like I said in the initial post, I plan to have branching storylines with the characters and such. Nothing definitive yet, but once this picks up enough I will start brainstorming.

If by campaign you mean plot, then somewhat. Like I said in the initial post, I plan to have branching storylines with the characters and such. Nothing definitive yet, but once this picks up enough I will start brainstorming.
Alright. Well, I'm interested as well.

I'm not questioning your perceptive powers but I think this has gotten plenty of interest to initiate a brainstorming thingymajober.

I honestly would love to join this, Of course only if there is such a thing as me being a sort of test of Envio's for Artificial consciousness. However, if there is not an opening for a completely robotic character, then maybe a partially robotic character?

I honestly would love to join this, Of course only if there is such a thing as me being a sort of test of Envio's for Artificial consciousness. However, if there is not an opening for a completely robotic character, then maybe a partially robotic character?
I don't think I would like for such a thing to happen. The most "robotics" someone may have could be a synthetic arm or leg that is practically a prosthetic. Artificial intelligence will solely be something the players can interact with. Such things like sales kiosks and automated machines will have.

I don't think I would like for such a thing to happen. The most "robotics" someone may have could be a synthetic arm or leg that is practically a prosthetic. Artificial intelligence will solely be something the players can interact with. Such things like sales kiosks and automated machines will have.

Alright, Well then. My character will have a robotic arm and leg! once i create it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back