• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission [1/4 available] Fantasy Sketches, Grumkins and Snarks! [Commish info-first post!]

To all artists out there: what's your favourite method of starting out a painting? Do you start with a rough sketch or go straight into sculpting?

This art was inspired by a few videos that changed my perspective on painting and composition.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
To all artists out there: what's your favourite method of starting out a painting? Do you start with a rough sketch or go straight into sculpting?

This art was inspired by a few videos that changed my perspective on painting and composition.

View attachment 743135

I don't generally do painting-style like you do, but I do an outline first! Work out the basic shapes, then add the details, then refine the outline and fill with colour/shading. At that point I'll decide if I want to keep the outline or go lineless with it, or a mix of both. :)

I don't generally do painting-style like you do, but I do an outline first! Work out the basic shapes, then add the details, then refine the outline and fill with colour/shading. At that point I'll decide if I want to keep the outline or go lineless with it, or a mix of both. :)
I used to do that too but it took me years to realize that was not fit for my style. The reason why was because I always got lost in details and forgot to look at the big picture. One big issue of mine was my art looking wonky when I zoomed out, so I recently started keeping my canvas "at a distance" and working out values first.

I envy line art artists so much! Maybe you'll post your process here one day too 💗

U M??? PRECIOUS?!?!
I want to feed the wee cutie little bits of meat 😭
and dragon lady is kind of a hottie 😏

tenor.gif

I am here
Mom is extra hot now. I am in BIG SUPPORT
and her haaaaaaands 😩 and the LIGHTING
plus wee babin dragon makes my heart go thump 😭
Pericult APPROVAL 👏

Hello everyone! With ashwynne ashwynne 's help I revamped the first post of this thread to include all information you may need for potential commissions! Once my commissions open again, please refer to it before PM-ing 💜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back