• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ▼△ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ △▼ (ic)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

qwerty;

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[ WITH GREAT POWER — ]

COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY .

11-20-XXXX

“Good morning, students,” Donaghue says crisply. There’s not a hair out of place on her head or a single readable emotion on her face. She’s flanked in the back by the other school Instructors—Castillo on her immediate right, Hollick on her immediate left, and the rest farther back. “I’m glad to see you all here.

"Today, we’re going to be testing your ability to adapt to situations and work with people who you may not have practiced with before. We’ve divided you up into groups. We have enough simulator rooms to accommodate these four groups, and each group will be put into a simulation unique to the individuals that make it up.”

Group Iota: Bombus, Psyche, Sunrise, Shrike, Paradox, Aegis, Hex
Group Kappa: Quell, Slick, Epione, Wanderer, Armatura, Scatterbrain
Group Lambda: Faidh, Hellraiser, Ichor, Adrenaline, Cobra, Mimic
Group Mu: Voodoo, Aphelion, Winter, Jariri, Kraken, Echo, Fluke

After reading out the names and who is in which, they’re told to separate and assemble into their respective groups. And then, with no further instruction, they step into the simulator rooms, the Instructors’ sharp eyes on their backs as they’re thrown from their present reality into one manufactured from their fears.

Group Iota: When they come to, they are all kneeling uncomfortably with their arms bound tightly behind their backs with thick rope, wrists and ankles cuffed with steel. They’re outside, knees pressed into the dirt and hair stuck to their faces from rain; above them, the sky is dark and rumbling ominously. A man, seemingly cloaked in shadow, is standing beside a crudely dug grave. Lightning splits the sky, and in that brief moment before thunder roars, Paradox recognizes the man as his father, who looks like he hasn’t aged a day. “Pathetic,” the man sneers, seeming to make eye contact with Sunrise as he spits the word. He has a gun in each hand. He points the barrel of one so that it points straight at Hex’s forehead and gestures to the grave with another. “Now, who volunteers?” The sound of him clicking the safety off is as loud as the thunder. “No one says anything, and not only does he”—a contemptuous flick of his head at Hex—“get shot, but I’ll choose someone myself.”

Group Kappa: They’re all at the top of a tall, winding staircase, narrow enough that none of them can move much in any direction without the risk of pushing someone off or falling off themselves. Their wrists are chained together. On the ground far, far below, they can make out the bloodied forms of many people—some corpses and yet some moving, unmistakably alive and yet in pain. A pulsating, formless mass hovers a few feet in front of them, far enough away so that they couldn’t reach it without toppling over the edge. “Shame, isn’t it?” it sighs. “How you are so far removed from the people you’re supposed to protect.” A pause; a ripple runs through it. “You think so loudly,” it says, and even without eyes Quell knows it’s talking to him. “They all do, but your thoughts—they scream. Desperate to be heard, are you?” A mocking laugh. “Don’t worry, I hear you. And I hear you, too.” Abruptly, it turns to Selina. “Oh yes. I know what you are—who you are. You try so hard to hide it, but none of us can run very long from the truth. I so wonder what you are all going to do?” Armatura stumbles, her foot landing on a step—but in that moment, the staircase flickers, and her leg goes through air. She nearly loses her balance and sends all of them tumbling hundreds of feet to the ground.

Group Lambda: All but one are strapped down to unyielding metal chairs, cold steel cuffing their forearms and legs to the chair’s body. Four (Faidh, Hellraiser, Ichor, and Adrenaline) are in one room, with Cobra and Mimic in an adjacent room.
Room One: There’s a blindfold wrapped around Adrenaline’s eyes, plunging him into complete darkness; he is still able to hear (albeit muffled, due to the fabric of the blindfold covering part of his ears). Ichor is the only one left unbound, standing hunched in a room barely taller than him. A gaunt man in a white lab coat is on the other side of the room. “Don’t disappoint me,” he says in a sing-song voice. “I need you to drain them, Ichor, and give the energy here”—he pats an ominously pulsing machine next to him—“otherwise, this darling combusts, and flames will swallow this room and everyone in it. Like this.” Contemptuously, he throws a match onto the wooden floor; a spark, and then a small fire roars to life right in front of Faidh’s chair, close enough she can feel the heat. “I’ll even make it easy for you,” the scientist snickers, and the hideous twist of his face deforms his grin into something grotesque. He waves a syringe with a nasty-looking needle, long and sharp and uncleaned, in the air. With that, he advances on Hellraiser, manic smile growing wider, syringe like a weapon. “Don’t worry!” he crows. “It only hurts a lot—but it’s the after-effects that should scare you!”
Room Two: Cobra and Mimic are similarly bound to metal chairs, in equally uncomfortable positions. Their room is littered with corpses, reeking of something awful, their faces twisted in agony as if they lived their final moments in immense pain. Another man in a lab coat, a twin to the man in the first room, is clucking his tongue in disappointment. “I thought you’d do better,” he sneers at Cobra, “but you killed them all! Painfully, too—I didn’t know you had it in you.” He kicks one of the bodies over with the toe of his foot. “And I suppose you both will suffer the same fate,” he says, “unless you can stop me. But you’re weak”—he turns a look of disgust onto Mimic—“so I doubt that, highly. Ah, well, it was nice meeting you!” He reaches for a lever.

Group Mu: The group is on the unsteady deck of a wooden ship. A streak of lightning crackles across the sky; they’re thrown unsteadily from one end of the deck to the other, and the accompanying boom of thunder does nothing to help them re-orient themselves. The ocean is pitch-black and hostile; its waves toss their ship like it’s a toy. Out of nowhere, a spiked tentacle rises out of its depths, slamming down onto their ship with enough force to break the mast. It clips Echo, sending her sprawling. A misshapen head with four bulbous eyes follows, breaking the surface; another tentacle slams into the ship’s side, and everyone feels something in the ship’s frame shatter. Slowly, but unmistakably, the ship begins to sink. They scarcely have time to react before insects swarm onto the deck from where they must have been below—a massive, endless horde, a million legs and a million eyes. They can't help but feel like someone is missing—as if on cue, Jariri turns, eyes glowing silver, and hisses, "There's someone below deck." For a moment, there's silence in answer to his declaration, but Winter interjects, "Fluke! It must be Fluke."

Last edited:
{ MAVERICK LEBEAU .
GkoJv3d.png

STATUS | terrified no lie
WITH | brogen ( irusu irusu ), demos ( mon dieu. mon dieu. ),
remy ( hwayi hwayi )​

Maverick was (mostly) conscious of the fact that, for an internationally-reclaimed school for superpowered young adults, S.T. World Institute had been going fairly easy on them these past two months. Sure, there were some tough exercises they had to go through, days of hand-to-hand that left him sore or training specific powers that left him exhausted and frustrated, but overall? Hell, he had days on the street more taxing than this.

So he was in some way wary when they were told to be down and combat-ready, various instructors stressing the importance of showing up and showing out—they didn't use those exact words, but semantics.

What he got from Donaghue's spiel was that they were going to be working in groups (which was either going to go smashingly in the good way, or smashingly in the 'I-will-smash-your-face-in-shut-the-fuck-up' way, depending on who he was grouped with) and they were going through what amounted to be a joint SAI. Which didn't sound too bad, but he knew better than to be lulled into a false sense of security. This was more than it sounded—he was sure of it.

Still, he stupidly did let his guard down when he heard that Brogen—Fáidh was in his group. That was good, at least; there was literally no one else he would rather suffer through some made-up nightmare with than her. Although remaining silent out of a grudging deference to the authority figures, he bumped his hip against hers after he moved to stand beside her. Camaraderie, right?

But any relief and confidence he had gained from that wavered uncertainly as he was thrown into the simulation, body restrained tightly against an uncomfortable chair. His head spun for the briefest of moments—he blinked it away, took in the room. The cuffs were metal, which meant there was no way he was getting out of those. Unless he had some secret super strength that had been holding out on him until now.

The gloves were still on. He began twisting his hand as much he could in an effort to peel it off; it was only minutely successful, the end of his right glove dipping to reveal a stretch of the back of his hand. Not nearly enough, in case of any sort of confrontation.

Fáidh was beside him, and Adrenaline beside her—blindfolded, oddly enough, because that same courtesy didn't extend to anyone else. Ichor was—Maverick twisted his head—decidedly farther away, and not restrained like they were. Strange, but okay.

There was a bizarre and decidedly ugly man, some kind of wannabe mad scientist, at the front of the room, and even before he opened his mouth, Maverick felt a chill ride down his nerves. He trusted his instincts for things like this—This man is erratic, his gut told him, and unstable, and not at all to be taken at face value.

"—swallow this room and everyone in it. Like this."

And then the scientist set a fire close—too close—to Fáidh who in that moment was closer to being Brogen, and Maverick snarled, straining as if he could, by some miracle, shatter his bonds and put himself between her and the flames. In that moment, there was nothing in this world that mattered more than the fear that washed through her expression, and the fact that Maverick was a foot away and useless.

The scientist was talking again, but his words went in one ear and out the other. That is, until Maverick's gaze swung over to him again, and the sight of what the man was holding—a syringe, with a needle that was long and dull and wicked, and Maverick felt his blood run cold in his veins. His breath punched out of him in a sharp exhale.

The scientist took a step towards him.

"No," Maverick rasped, voice like gravel. His fists were clenched, his body straining backwards, chest rising and falling rapidly because he couldn't breathe, couldn't get enough air, because he felt suffocated with the image flickering back and forth between this man with the syringe and the man with a syringe from ten years ago.

"Don't worry! It only hurts a lot—but it's the after-effects you should be worried about."

Oh, and Maverick knew. Knew the stinging bite of a needle tearing its way past skin and muscle, was intimately familiar with the way his muscles would lock up, go limp and unresponsive. Because it had happened once, and he had told himself: Never again.

He had promised himself Never again and now there was this man, wielding his syringe like a weapon, and Maverick had spent years molding himself into something sharp and dangerous and yet he was every damn bit as helpless as he was at sixteen.

The scientist only got closer. "Get away from me," Maverick said hoarsely, voice bordering on hysteria. He could feel sweat make his clenched palms clammy, the rapid thump-thump-thump of his pulse. He couldn't breathe— "Get the fuck away from me."

Last edited:
Elias Roman
Interacting: Iota

Hands in his pockets, Eli looked over the six others he'd been paired with. Unknowns. He knew them, in the same vague way he recognized all his classmates, but not enough to know if he could rely on them. His roommates, unfortunately, had been scattered among the other groups. Edmond and Ioannis in Lambda, Pierce in Kappa. He wouldn't know who was best suited for offense or defense until it was time to fight. He heard Donaghue explain that their ability to work together was the main point of the test, but he could only think that he could only rely on himself for this.

Eli stepped into the simulation room, blinking away disorientation as he was transported somewhere else. He was on his knees. He tried to move and failed, feeling the hard scratch of rope around his arms. Cold metal around his wrists and ankles. He involuntarily shivered as rain slicked his clothes. He could only see shadows in the dark. His group mates in similar positions next to him, except Hex, who was lucky enough to have a gun against his forehead. A shadow stood above him, wielder or the weapon. He squinted, but couldn't make out any distinguishing features. He felt... unimpressed.

Other than the initial SAI test, Eli never put more effort than he had to into the exercises the Institute threw at him. He did the bare minimum in training involving his power, enough to avoid expulsion, but not to stand out from the crowd. Eli didn't particularly care about being a Hero, nor did he care about the reason behind why he was allowed to attend S.T World Institute. He didn't care to prove anyone wrong about him either. He was content to impress no one and graduate by only the skin of his teeth. This simulation didn't change any of that. So Eli leaned back and looked to the others, waiting for someone else to do something about the shadowed figure.

At least until...

Until.

"Pathetic."

Eli knew the look the shadowed man gave him. The tone as if he were somehow lesser than him. And Eli... Well. "You think so?" he asked, eyes blazing. His old neighbors thought the same thing of his father, as they crossed the street to avoid him or steered their children in the other direction. All because of a score on a test. He would have stood, but the cuffs dug into his skin when he tried, reminding him that he was pinned. He ducked his head. "Let's test how pathetic I am, huh? Shoot me instead." He looked up, his smile all sharp edges. "Whose faster? Your bullet or my mirrors?"

Last edited:
jane bardot
"bombus"
© southside

tags: iota group
A headache split across her temples and pounded behind her eyes as the simulation dissolved in front of her. Jane went to reach for her aching forehead, but her arms were restrained by rope and steel cuffs. Thunderous clouds shook from above and struck with bolts of light. Her knees were wet with mud, and her skin had spots that were crusted over with dirt.

"Pathetic," an older man grunted from above her. She looked up, taking in the scene. The man who had spoken held a slick gun in his hand, holding it to the forehead of Hex. Jane admired Hex - the way he presented himself, his confident approach. He was powerful among her peers, and not just by his high SAI score. She turned her head to look at Paradox, who looked oddly similar to the tall man standing before them. Jane, even now, in this scene, could picture Paradox's tailored clothes - his style and personality inviting and interesting. Jane noticed the others that were tied as well. Sunrise, Psyche, Shrike, and Aegis were all talented, powerful individuals. Jane couldn't help but see the good in each and every person, no matter their score, yet she couldn't see it in herself. She felt a bit useless. How was she going to help them make it out of here?

Jane trembled with fear as the man rang out, "Now, who volunteers? No one says anything, and not only does he get shot, but I’ll choose someone myself.” She wished herself to take Hex's place, to replace his life for hers. But she couldn't, and she felt terrible. A lump welled in her throat; tears never came. Her eyes darted back and forth between her peers to see if they were willing. Unsurprisingly, Sunrise spoke up.

"Let's test how pathetic I am, huh? Shoot me instead. Whose faster? Your bullet or my mirrors?"

In Jane's opinion, a bold yet impracticable move. He was an arrogant boy, unwavering and snake-like, yet he was courageous and she knew he had good intentions. Perhaps it was only her panicked feeling, but she did not trust this simulation. It couldn't simply be that easy, could it? They were in a simulation! Anything could happen at any time. Jane was careful, and she didn't want to take her chances.

Jane couldn't sense any bees nearby, for the rain was coming soon. She directed her senses deep inside her gut, fishing around for a few bees. Four. Three of them had come from a hive of European paper wasps, and the other was Henry the sweet little honeybee. Jane willed the eldest of the paper wasps to crawl up her throat and tuck itself underneath Jane's tongue, ready to attack. Wasps came in handy for stinging, but Jane couldn't bring herself to use poor Henry to aid in the stinging. Unlike wasps, Henry could only sting once. Once the paper wasp had settled, the other two followed, nestling next to their sibling.

Jane thought of another idea. At first, she had thought of directing the paper wasp at the man's nose, stinging him. She decided against that, in fear the toxin wouldn't kill him right away and he would end up pulling the trigger anyway. Instead, a wasp slipped from her parted lips and made its way down her torso, circling her waist, and stopping in the middle of her back. He flew down to her wrist and wriggled his body in between the lock of the cuffs. After a few long moments, the wasp came free. Jane loosened the cuffs just enough so that her hands could slip out if needed, but she kept the cuffs on. She didn't want the man to notice. The wasp fluttered quickly to her mouth and relaxed once inside. Her hands began to work at the ropes that knotted together around her arms. Jane ultimately had made little progress with loosening the ropes.

She let out a whimper, thoughts of hopelessness and fear drowned out her attempt to think of an escape. It's so lifelike, so real - the simulation. Will we make it out? Will someone have to die tonight?

Oh Papa, where are you when I need you most?
STATS
REPLY 001

Last edited:

[IMG='width:130px;']https://66.media.tumblr.com/41d9bee76eaf38f3a0053022802e3a5e/tumblr_onbvrhDUEJ1uaeb23o2_1280.jpg[/IMG][IMG='width:130px;']https://66.media.tumblr.com/54acf0d244c9d0e6ea2449e0c1e40bcc/tumblr_onbvrhDUEJ1uaeb23o4_1280.jpg[/IMG]​
Interacting: Kappa

Her usual foxy little smile had been hacked off by Donaghue's words into oblivion. Gina was standing there, arms neatly crossed over her chest. Everything from her posture to expression screamed dismay towards the situation. She didn't like the idea of being put inside a simulation and studied under the magnifying glass. It felt like a crude invasion of the privacy she was so explicit about. Nonetheless, she had no say in this. The authority in here pressured her into silence.

Panic and fear. That was all she felt at first. From all the things it could have been, it was a staircase. Gina tried to escape her fear by chanting that 'this was just a simulation'. But it all looked too real for her to focus properly. Gulping loudly, she tried to look around herself, as if someone else could help her. The fear was so overwhelming, that she didn't even realize to protect her mind from the attacker. While she was looking around the young woman made the mistake to look down. There were bodies scattered on the ground, clearly in agony. It didn't help that in a matter of seconds, someone started speaking. Everything went over Gina's head, she was not listening. She was too busy trying to breathe. Her lungs were on fire, her eyes spinning and mind clouded. This was it. They were doomed.

Gina made the mistake of stumbling, momentarily losing her balance. She was trying to push herself back, defy the laws of gravity if those even worked in here. Gina found herself standing on one of the steps, and just as she was about to say something to the rest of the group, she lost her balance again. Gravity seemed to work exceptionally well in here. The tan girl started screeching like a possessed banshee, her leg outside of the stairs. Her weight pulled everyone closer to their end. In the end, she slipped completely and the rest obediently followed her.

The next few seconds were a blur. She couldn't hear any screams that she expected, the wind was blowing in her ears. Gina herself couldn't even scream, she was just falling to her demise. Closing her eyes, she prepared for the blow and darkness that followed. There was nothing she could do at this point. This was it. They were once again, doomed.

Newton's first law
She tried flailing her arms in panic but her wrists were restricted by heavy chains. She realized that the only person she had direct contact to was herself. Focusing all her power on her body, Gina soon found herself resisting motion that was prescribed to her. The young woman was floating just above the pained bodies. Her peers were weighing her down, slowly breaking the effect of her gift and making them all approach the bodies slowly but surely. Her wrists were screaming in pain. Even if Gina defied her own inertia, her wrists were still responsible for everyone's weight.

"Do something," was all she could yelp as she was struggling to catch her breath. She was surprised that she had survived until this point. Now it was up to the others. She gracefully shifted the responsibility from her own shoulders and hoped for the best.

Last edited:
tatiana zahner ;

Tatiana knew that things didn't come easy at the institute, and despite it all, as she stepped into the simulation room, she expected to be thrown into an unchallenging situation — an effortless situation to defeat. But, oh, easy was quite the understatement.

See, here's the thing: Tatiana doesn't do "afraid" — or at least, that's what she likes to pretend. With her chin up high, she had stepped into the simulation room, promptly blacked out, and came back to consciousness on an unstable ship. She wasn't scared, not even when lightning flashed across the black sky, nor when the vicious waves slammed against the ship. And yet, she flinched when the spiked tentacle slammed onto deck. Cracking her knuckles, Tatiana took in a deep breath, only to have her thoughts interrupted by the tentacle slamming into her side. She fell onto the deck and (pop!) onto her right knee, wincing in pain. She blinked away the spots in her vision and dragged herself up, her breathing quickening. The pain is fake. It's just a simulation— just a simulation. she reminded herself, stumbling up.

Tatiana looked up, just in time to see the deformed head with four eyes emerge from underneath the ocean. A sudden tentacle collided with the ship, smashing the frame and sinking the ship. "This can't possibly get any worse," she muttered under her breath, hissing after her knee buckled slightly. As a swarm of bugs crawled out from beneath the ship, Tatiana cursed under her breath.

If she could just touch somebody — despite how strange that sounded — perhaps, just perhaps, Tatiana could harness enough strength to replicate their ability and attack the monster. Only, at the moment, she was stumbling away from the black mass of insects on a buckling knee.

E
C
H
O

{ GROUP IOTA .

If possible, the man's expression seems to only grow more sardonic. "Strike a nerve, did I?" he muses, eyes shadowed with disdain. He seems to consider Sunrise's proposal, head tilting thoughtfully to the side, before his hand moves slightly and he squeezes the trigger.

The roar of the gunshot is loud in the graveyard, louder than even the thunder. The bullet grazes Hex's cheek, close enough to burn and leave a line of blood.

"You might be insignificant," he says, "but let's try not to gamble our teammate's lives, hmm? I won't miss next time. Are you willing to pit my aim against your inadequacies?"

Abruptly, he turns to Bombus. "You," he barks. He gestures with the gun pointed at the grave. It seems as if he's going to ask her to get in, but instead his smile grows sinister. "How about you choose someone to get buried alive? Can't choose yourself, but anyone else? Free game." He shifts his gun back so that it's pointing at Hex's forehead. "No funny business. You know what'll happen."

He's quite out of his element here, that much is true. Having never been in a physical school environemnt, one could assume Ares, and really any of the other Faraday children, were unsteady for that first month in and maybe skeptical at the least by the second. Authority figures, too, didn't necessarily leave the greatest taste in the eldest's mouth, and most of his stay he debated whether he'd screw up chances intentionally or leave it up to fate. God forbid he experienced anything new and let it settle.

He is nowhere near like he was when he was a child, being forced to "try everything once" before he could say he disliked something. He dislikes all of it, but he loathes the placement of names being too far from his own.

It's at this time when Ares shifts as the groups start moving that he very well tries to give a small touch to Brogen's forearm before she forgets he was beside her while she walks away. He's there, he always is; there for her — contrary to popular belief — but he swears he'll give her enough space to grow still. She has Maverick and Demos, he thinks of this as some reassurance after the pads of his fingers only ever grazed the sweatshirt she wore and she was long since out of reach.

She'll be okay.

And so will Pierce, who equally shares a large portion of the eldest's worry, but Ares' view of him was practically a blink before he was already past the threshold of the most threatening box he's ever encountered. They'll both be fine.

A blink and he's beneath cold droplets from menacing midnight clouds hosting their very own light show. Moments ago he was dry, but now he's drenched and his teeth beg a bit of a chatter over the abrupt change. There’s an attempt at shaking away soaked curls that stick to his forehead just as desperate as he finds himself once he realizes his movements are anything but free. He’s clamped down, and with a man flailing guns around threatening to go all willy-nilly without the safety, this is, perhaps, Ares’ worst nightmare. Welcome to the point.

But it takes a few moments for him to remember his siblings are nowhere near the barrel — they’re in completely different rooms and, most likely, in completely different but regretfully just as intense scenarios. It is this realization that brings Ares’ heavy breaths and straining wrists to a beat. The real question here is whether he dare hold the group members to a similar caliber as his brother or sister in this situation, and play the morally right part, or focus on his success alone because he’ll still see them on the other side. His main problem is that it quickly doesn’t feel like the latter may be possible.

Someone has the potential of dying; simulation or not, Ares is very sure it would both look and feel real. Matters don’t become any easier when a group member (what’s his name again? he’s bad at facial recognition) tries to be the bigger person and make some bold claim on a test of who’s quicker. Don’t.

“You know, frankly, if I had any say, I’d guess those numbers were slim.” he only mutters, his internal panic trying to fall out of his mouth like the water dripping from his chin or nose. You can’t even move.

There’s a shot that he doesn’t turn for and his eyes slam shut, his breaths heavier but hastened like he‘s trying to breathe beneath bricks. His hands repeatedly try to pull their way out, the metal crashing against metal sound making him a bit more desperate, but knowingly all to no avail. There’s no more moral debate, he’ll pretend he’s doing what he’s doing for the sake of the simulation and that alone. Do not impose it’s anywhere near care rather than obligation.

But the prior is true to some extent. His head bows down and there’s a deep inhale from his open mouth — quivering, his bottom lip was quivering for a moment as he tried to recenter that being restrained didn’t leave him responsible.

The sadist before them decides it’s an even better idea to pester a girl who, Ares feels, with his limited knowledge of her as a person, doesn’t remotely deserve the burden he’s bestowed on her. He knows enough people like that to see more scared under the pressure of sinister men.

He raises his head slow but only ever keeps his eyes fixed on what’s in front of him. “You know, I would much prefer some cozy dirt with these cuffs, wouldn’t you agree, Bombus? Eases the burn since I’ve been horribly rude, impatient and all, and rubbed the ol’ wrists raw, but pack some dirt over me? I’ll be good as new.” he speaks louder for the sake of it to carry, not to hide the fact he’s walking thin ice spewing sarcasm.

“You’d shut me right up, too. A win-win if I ever did see one. I’ve been told my open mouth is a troublesome thing.”

Though curls still drip before his line of sight, a raised brow and a tilt of his head lead his gaze — as a bit too much of a challenge perhaps — at their delightful antagonizer. Just like the institute, he’s either really fucked it up intentionally or it’s up to fate. He just needed a touch.
ARES FARADAY > > SHRIKE
involving: S n o w S n o w illegallyblonde illegallyblonde
feeling: restraints?? not his kink
ares

{ NIKHE SUBAIR .
1M0NZwp.png

STATUS | could be better
WITH | group mu, tatiana ( vellichor. vellichor. )​

It was a very, very short list indeed of things that could make Nikhe lose his cool.

It was so short, in fact, that he honestly couldn't tell you what things were on it. Not to mention that he wouldn't, even if he could. Why give people an upper hand over him? He was perfectly fine having that upper hand over others, thank you very much; no need to turn the tables. And yet turning the tables was exactly what Donaghue seemed hellbent on doing, because after he blinked the spots out of his vision, he found himself on the deck of a ship.

The ship was not the problem. The problem was what looked like miles and miles and miles of nothing but deep ocean all around him, and the fact that he could not swim. Things such as lakes and ponds were bad enough, and he could see from one end to the other and could occasionally see the bottom—the ocean?

Despite his best attempts at suffocating his rising panic, he could feel his heartbeat quicken. The insects did not scare him, and neither did the sea beast that sent one of their own sprawling—but drowning did. Oh gods, did it scare him. Focus, he chided himself. You're better than this.

Tentatively, he dipped into his possession ability. He could feel his vision white out as he reached out, prodded into his surroundings; he did not trust anyone on his team more than he trusted himself, so he wasn't about to go possessing them and leave his own body vulnerable, but maybe Donaghue hid a surprise. He couldn't do much if he couldn't see them, but he could at least sense—

Bingo.

He could feel someone's energy, weaker than those around him, which meant that they were away from the rest of Group Mu. "There's someone below deck," he said, because he was supposed to. But his responsibility ended there; if anyone else wanted to play rescue, be his guest. He wasn't about to run down to the lower levels of a slowly sinking ship to save someone's life.

Just before his eyes faded back to their normal dark shade, they flared back into the piercing silver as he transmuted a rough approximation of gills behind his ears and webbing between his fingers and toes. Were they going to work? He didn't know, but it was better than nothing—better than being completely human and unable to swim.

He made his way over to his injured teammate—Echo—whose leg seemed unable to wholly support her as she struggled to get away from the insects. "Stop putting weight on it," he said, not unkindly. He reached out to sling one of her arms around the width of his shoulders. "You'll only make it worse."

Nikhe looked again at the ugly monster. It was big—too big for any kind of frontal assault with his powers. Even the beast he once transmuted into would fail to make a significant enough dent, especially with its head too far from the ship for him to risk falling into the ocean.

"Any ideas?" he asked Echo. It was really out of courtesy; he wasn't expecting her to tell him anything worthwhile.

kOL8H7U.gif]
HARI PRABHAKAR -- "HEX"

There were many things Hari could think of that could possibly be the subject of the day's training, but a simulation was not one of them. The only experience he'd ever had with simulations were SAI tests, and he could only hope that these would not be the same. God knew how terribly he did on those tests- his high scores cost him many days in detention centers, many hours chopped off of his teenage years. This time, only this time, he listened intently as Donaghue, the stoic, confident headmistress, listed off the groups.

Minutes later, he found himself heading off to the simulation rooms with 6 other strangers. Jane- that is, Bombus- barely counted as a stranger, as the two were in the same dorm, though they rarely talked. He didn't remember her mentioning anything about her powers, so he could only guess how much fun the simulation was going to be.

The first thing he felt when he woke up was the cold rain pattering on the ground and onto his body. His shirt quickly soaked through, but that was the least of his worries. Realizing that he was bound up tight with rope, he began squirming around, his hands struggling to reach the knot in the rope to untie himself. Wet and tied up? Damn, talk about an inconvenient kink.

The moment lightning split the air, Hari saw the silhouette of a man cloaked in darkness. At first, he had thought the man was another one of the students, but the 7 of them were all tied up uncomfortably, kneeling on the ground. He shivered, both from the cold and uneasiness, when he noticed the two glinting objects in the man's hand. Before he could say a word, one of the aforementioned glinting objects had its barrel pointed straight to Hari's forehead. The thunder was loud, but not as loud as the 'click' of the gun as the man cocked it.

He knew this was all a simulation, but every time it just felt so real.

He was startled beyond a reaction other than freezing in place and gaping at the man with a surprised look. He didn't want to risk talking, or even moving, for fear of dying simply like that. Hari looked downwards, away from the man and his gun, as if he thought not looking at them would make them magically disappear. If someone in the group could do that, they had better do it before his brains got fucking blown out, or before someone got buried alive. Preferably both. If he was able to muster up the concentration, he could probably transform and break the bindings off his body, but he was, quite obviously, scared shitless, moreso than anyone else seemed at least.

He listened in silence, thinking to himself, as Sunrise mouthed off to the shadowy man, who looked oddly similar to the brown-haired boy named Paradox. He barely paid attention to what they were saying, instead concentrating on making his own plan for escape. If the others stalled for time, it would give him a chance to-

BANG.

The flesh on Hari's cheek lit up with a searing, painful sensation. He had recognized the slight motion of the man's hand just as the bullet grazed him, leaving a thin streak of blood. He shouted on instinct as he struggled against his restraints, his expression stuck in shock as he glanced upward. Until, that is, the man began speaking to Bombus. Unlike the others, he didn't have the luxury of voicing his thoughts at the moment, if he didn't want to die with the twitch of a finger. So he simply turned toward the group, and mouthed the words, "get me out of here".

Selina James

Interacting: Kappa

gif2.gif

______
Donaghue's voice echoed through the crowd as she announced this day's activity. A simulation. Selina expected something different. Something that wouldn't remind her of the memories that gnawed her mind in every waking moment. But the universe had to be cruel. It didn't help that she was in a group with people she didn't know and didn't want to know. Selina was tired. The pale girl spent the night staring at the ceiling of her dimly lit room as she let her past wash over her, wrestling her down until she couldn't breath. It wasn't new to her, it happens every time that she learned to accept it wholly with a defeated sigh.

"It's a pleasure to work with all of you." Selina smiled at the group Kappa before following an instructor towards their simulator room. These people better not fuck this up.

Selina wanted to get on with it. The sooner she finishes the activity, the sooner she'll get to enjoy her own solitude. But at the same time she was terrified. What's beyond those metal doors? She didn't want to know.

____

“Don’t worry, I hear you. And I hear you, too.” The formless mass turned to Selina. “Oh yes. I know what you are—who you are. You try so hard to hide it, but none of us can run very long from the truth. I so wonder what you are all going to do?”

An unfamiliar cold seeped into Selina's body, making its home in her spine. She tried to keep her stoic expression from cracking, but it was too damn hard. Who-what is this creature? How was it able to access her mind? She felt violated and exposed, like her whole being was laid out in front of someone for them to scrutinize. Selina must kill it before it reveals something about her to the others. She opened her senses, hearing the thoughts of her group mates but she wasn't interested in their frantic ramblings. She wanted to find the its mind, if she could manipulate it maybe she could command it to sort of self-destruct, sparing the trouble of killing it with her bare hands.

Impossible.

Selina couldn't find its mind. Maybe it didn't have one. She turned to her group mates. By the look on their faces, it seemed like they didn't have any solid plan. They were screwed. She was about say something but felt an abrupt pull. Suddenly the whole group was plummeting down the staircase towards a bloody mass of people. Her body slammed on the metal stairs as she was dragged downward by the others' weight. Selina bit back a scream as her body started shaking from the pain and the thought her possible death.

"Do something." She heard someone say.

Oh honey, if only she could.

Last edited:
Brogen was never ready for this. One would figure hearing strong, (literally) powerful female figures give a good pep talk would blossom some self-confidence in a rather barren garden but all Brogen can comprehend is the tests sound harder. There's a forced swallow of her inhibitions before the feeling of a little bump to her side snaps her back to the room. Maverick. Their names were called together. Stay with her forever, maybe; she'd feel a lot safer. The little smile that tugged at her lips were sign of that enough.

If they were trying to separate her from her brothers, then they sorely mistook her private stash of chosen relatives. Instead, they've replaced two with two others she sometimes had a stronger preference for when blood was too thick for her taste. Ichor and Hellraiser — two vastly different beings — were the perfect fit in her book to rewrite Shrike and Quell for the day's strenuous events. She didn't give herself much of a chance to look for them once the groups parted with a purpose. Then again, maybe a wave wouldn't hurt, but her head turns and in the very same instance she only sees white walls and Adrenaline, blindfolded and likely just as confused as she. The fact she could see, at the very least, provided her some relief. She is wrong, she is wrong, she is wrong.

Like her focus on her vulnerable position: forced down in a metal chair like every child's fear when they clung to doorframes, kicking away nurses because they absolutely refused to see the dentist. The "doctor" in the room, furthermore, was nothing if not purposely fueling that same feeling.

Her reward would not be a lollipop, for that she was certain.

There's a glance to her right as the man's words are dulled to her ears but crawl under her skin nonetheless. She chooses to focus on other things, like the fact Maverick is beside her and her heart halts in its slow descent to her stomach for only a second, or additionally how she watches his hands try and shake off their leather wardrobe.

Thump. "— drain them, Ichor." Thump.

Perhaps it's just her but her throat feels as though there is a weight inside it, struggling to go down in fear it'd miss something important to bode an added heaviness. Her head jerks to the front of the room where the only gentle giant she's ever been familiar with stands behind a glass window like he were part of a store's display. He looked increasingly anxious, but the cause — the grated voice — had reverted to static noise. Heartbeat, heartbeat, strain. She could feel the muscles in her forearms tense with each abrupt pull back, or the pain of steel digging into her ankles if her feet shifted in the slightest. "Demos," her voice cracks as her brows furrow and there's too much please in her expression and not enough power. He's scared, why is he scared? He's frustrated. He's trapped. He's--

Heartbeat, heartbeat, slam, strike, slam, h e a t.

Fáidh's eyes grow wide when she realizes the moments she'd been missing — how Maverick was trying to break out of his chair more than she, and the reason Demos' hands hit the glass as if, by chance, he could reach the match in time. But now there are flames hissing for a lick and Brogen finds that desperation comes in the form of a flood crashing over her as she instinctively tries to thrash herself away.

"No. Please, no," begging for an escape was not unknown to her and those parts of her heart break easier in remembrance. “No!”

An alias is supposed to serve as a mask, but Brogen’s might have very well fallen and burned in the encroaching fire. She wasn’t ready for this. She never had the upper hand on the defensive.

She’s never heard Maverick’s voice so bitten yet equally dipped in fear. She, in truth, never wanted to. "Stop! Stop, just stop! Leave him alone, please— just leave him alone." her tone gets high and increasingly less threatening, but she promised to herself two months ago she'd do anything for the broken boys that took it upon themselves to protect her in the way she now can't protect them. Her head shakes over and over, body trying to lift out of her seat as if to gain any more leverage than her past failed attempts. She'd do anything.

She would even do so much as pant when the rubber of her sneakers touch flame and she tries to whine a name but it comes in an inaudible whimper. Despite the stagnant air in the room — it felt hard enough to breathe as it were — amber dances closer and tastes the fabric of her pants. There's comfort when wounds can be covered by a hand, but the lack thereof makes it worse and the rim of her eyes brim with saltwater pain; it's searing, like the cry that expells from her rasped throat.
BROGEN FARADAY > > FÁIDH
involving: mon dieu. mon dieu. qwerty; qwerty; hwayi hwayi
feeling: should've had marshmallows
brogen

[export]
[class name="root"] --mainbgcolor: #e8e8e8; --boxcolor: #f3f3f3; --accentcolor: #ff7a4b; --titletext: #2d2d2d; --maintext: #616161; --accentcolortext: #eb6535; --accenttext: #d8d8d8; --tagtext: #dcdcdc; --infotext: #9f9f9f; --icon: url(https://i.imgur.com/5z9qhDV.jpg); --portrait: url(https://i.imgur.com/wrqcDOU.jpg); --impinfoimg: url(https://i.imgur.com/NcRNndO.jpg); --homeimg: url(https://i.imgur.com/MILjWVS.jpg); font-smoothing: antialiased; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; background-color: var(--mainbgcolor); width: 100%; font-family: 'Helvetica', 'Arial', sanserif; margin: -14px; overflow: hidden; box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; font-size: initial; padding: 4vmax 7.5vmax; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; align-items: stretch; [/class] [class name="root" maxWidth=801px] padding: 7px 14px 14px 14px; margin: 0px; flex-flow: column nowrap; [/class] [class name="headerbar"] width: 100%; margin: 7px; height: 11vh; background: var(--boxcolor); box-sizing: border-box; display: flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; align-items: center; justify-content: space-around; padding: 0px 2%; overflow: hidden; border: 10px solid var(--boxcolor); color: var(--titletext); font-size: 4.5vh; letter-spacing: -.2vh; white-space: nowrap; [/class] [class name="headerbar" maxWidth=450px] margin: 7px 0px; [/class] [class name="headername"] flex: 1 0 auto; color: var(--titletext); font-size: 4.5vh; letter-spacing: -.2vh; display: inline-block; padding: 0px 2%; margin-top: 1vh; white-space: nowrap; [/class] [class name="headerfname"] color: var(--accentcolortext); display: inline; [/class] [class name="headertag"] flex: 0 0 auto; color: var(--tagtext); transition: color .8s ease-in-out; font-size: 2.25vh; padding: 0px 2%; cursor: default; margin-top: 1vh; white-space: nowrap; [/class] [class name="headertag" state=hover] color: #eb6535; [/class] [class name="headertag" maxWidth=801px] display: none; [/class] [class name="portrait"] margin: 7px; flex: 1.75 0 0px; font-size: 0px; position: relative; background: var(--portrait) center center/auto calc(100% + 2px); border: 10px solid var(--boxcolor); height: 48vh; overflow: hidden; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class name="portrait" maxWidth=450px] display: block; flex: 0 0 35vh; height: 35vh; margin: 7px 0px; background: var(--portrait) center top 8%/calc(100% + 2px) auto; [/class] [class name="portraitcolorstrip"] position: absolute; display: block; width: 200%; height: 32%; background: var(--accentcolor); mix-blend-mode: multiply; transform: rotate(-45deg); transform-origin: center center; bottom: 10%; right: -50%; [/class] [class name="maincontent"] flex: 4 0 0px; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; align-items: stretch; align-content: stretch; justify-content: flex-start; height: calc(48vh + 14px); box-sizing: border-box; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; margin: 0px 7px; [/class] [class name="maincontent" maxWidth=450px] flex: 0 0 auto; height: auto; display: block; margin: 0px; [/class] [class name="impinfo"] flex: 0 0 auto; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; margin: 6px 0px; [/class] [class name="statbox"] width: 100%; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 1px 0px; background: var(--boxcolor); position: relative; border: 3px solid var(--boxcolor); padding: 0px 5px; font-size: .65em; position: relative; [/class] [class name="metadata"] flex: 0 0 20%; color: var(--accentcolortext); text-transform: uppercase; font-size: .9em; margin-top: .15em; opacity: 1; position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class name="metadata" maxWidth=450px] flex: 0 0 35%; [/class] [class name="statinfo"] flex: 5 0 0px; color: var(--infotext); text-transform: lowercase; opacity: 1; text-align: left; position: relative; [/class] [class name="icpost"] display: block; flex: 1 0 0px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 7px 0px; position: relative; height: calc(100% + 14px); background: var(--boxcolor); overflow: hidden; border: 20px solid var(--boxcolor); font-size: .8em; color: var(--maintext); overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name="icpost" maxWidth=450px] flex: 0 0 40vh; height: 40vh; margin: 0px; width: 100%; [/class] [class name="scrollbox"] display: block; width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 150px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name="paragraph"] display: block; margin-bottom: .8em; line-height: 1.3em; [/class] [class name="speech"] display: inline; color: var(--accentcolor); [/class] [class name="invi"] display: none; [/class] [class name="empty"] font-size: 0px; display: block; width: 100%; height: 3vh; [/class]
[/export] [div class="root"] [div class="headerbar"] [div class="headername"] [div class="headerfname"]kim[/div]seongho [/div] [div class="headertag"]#FLUKE[/div] [div class="headertag"]#ROLL2D20[/div] [/div] [div class="portrait"] [div class="portraitcolorstrip"].[/div] [/div] [div class="maincontent"] [div class="impinfo"] [div class="statbox"] [div class="metadata"]status[/div] [div class="statinfo"]needs a hug[/div] [/div] [div class="statbox"] [div class="metadata"]location[/div] [div class="statinfo"]underneath deck / probably cargo hold[/div] [/div] [div class="statbox"] [div class="metadata"]interactions[/div] [div class="statinfo"]no direct contact[/div] [/div] [div class="statbox"] [div class="metadata"]mentions[/div] [div class="statinfo"]group mu[/div] [div class="invi"] Dumplingboy Dumplingboy mon dieu. mon dieu. fifth fifth qwerty; qwerty; @SP3T3R vellichor. vellichor. [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="icpost"] [div class="scrollbox"] [div class="paragraph"] When Seong-ho came to, the inky blackness between his closed eyes and his surroundings had very little difference. As he tried to stand, he felt his movement sway in time with what seemed to be waves against the surrounding walls. It was far from quiet as the sea and the sky raged together, but it felt empty. The insects around his feet were disgusting, but he wasn't the least fazed by then. Something else was causing the unease in his bones. [/div] [div class="paragraph"] [div class="speech"]"Voodoo? Echo? ...Anyone?"[/div] None of his calls were answered. As each beat of silence settled, his shaking hands grew worse. He frantically searched, but there was too little light to even make out his immediate bearings. For all he knew his teammates were around him, simply unable to hear and respond. Rather than comfort him, it simply made his state of mind worse. [/div] [div class="paragraph"] A sudden impact caused him to topple over into the sea of insects, making his skin crawl. Fluke got on his knees, brushing off whatever organisms that tried to come along. His eyes had adjusted to the darkness and now he could make out a few somewhat familiar silhouettes. He tried to call out to his team again, but like before, there was no response. He felt himself grow dizzy as it settled in that he truly was alone underneath. [/div] [div class="paragraph"] With shaky resolve and deep breaths, he forced himself to stand - and found a new problem as he did. The crash had done more than just scare him - it brought water as well. Cracks had formed on the ship's walls, letting seawater seep through. It wouldn't be long until the ship went under and he would be first to drown - unless he got out of there first. The very idea made his throat constrict. He hadn't even seen his teammates yet. Holding onto the wall for support, he searched the vicinity for a way through. He found an overhead door, but it looked as if it could only be opened from the other side. [/div] [div class="paragraph"] Seong-ho took another glance at the ceiling, and then to the broken walls. If the crash had weakened the structure, he might be able break through with his powers. The risk was that he could injure someone above if he wound up throwing something huge and completely blasted through the above floor. He stepped forward slightly and felt the surrounding water as he stepped into the flood forming. Fluke grit his teeth, and made his decision. [/div] [div class="paragraph"] The moment he saw the hulk of wood exit, he was confused but thankful it wasn't excessively huge. He dodged as the projectile was forcibly brought back down by gravity, covering him in salt water and dust. It looked like it had once been a part of something. He vaguely wondered if that had been what crashed earlier, but just as quickly dismissed the query in favor of the ceiling. A small crack had formed at the point of impact, and anyone who'd been nearby would've heard the crash. The adrenaline from using his powers gave him a brief shot of hope and courage. [/div] [div class="paragraph" style="margin: 0px;"] [div class="speech"]"Winter? Kraken? Someone help me get out of here."[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="empty"].[/div]

Last edited:
Voodoo
Group Mu
Willow dreaded these group activities. She was already under enough stress to learn about her new roommates. She had been going to the school for some time now, at first being kept separate from the other students do to her mental health, now being force to interact with them. Willow had done a very good job in pretending to have social anxiety, but her therapist eventually caught on that she was doing, acting afraid in order to isolate herself. The school administrative thinks making friends and being around others will cure her depression. Willow thinks being dead will cure her depression, now she is on a watch list. Her group did not seem to have much thought put in it when they were put together. Did the instructor mean to have so many defensive powered individuals on the same team, or was it there conflicting personalities. Voodoo was never really a useful help in battle. Her main roles consisted of bait or staying out of the way. She was considered a good student, the instructors confusing her lack of self preservation for self sacrifice. Willow put herself in harms way because she did not care what happened to herself. That heart pounding moment of possibly dying, of almost dying, it was addictive. She was not brave, not heroic, she was a adrenaline junkie.

As the group entered to training zone ,she only had a chance to blink before her surroundings changed. The sudden movement of the rocking ship followed by the crack of thunder startled her off of her feet. She hit the wet deck sliding a few feet before finding her grounding. It was all happening so fast, she was still struggling to stand, tumbling over until catching herself on the edge of the main deck. She looked out to the sea peering into the dark disruptive ocean. A scream found its way out of her mouth as she ran back to the group when a sea monster broke through the waves. She fell back down again looking in horror when the mast was destroyed and Echoes body flung a short ways from the impact.

Should she jump? The ship was already sinking and she new she could survive until the rest figured out what to do. Her selfish thoughts were pushed to the side when Jariri spoke. Another person? Who all was in there group? She wanted to help them, even if no one was willing to, but was not to sure on how to do it. If the person was unconscious Voodoo could do nothing for them. She was defiantly not in the position to order someone else around. She has never really spoken to anyone in the group, taking on the mantle as leader was impossible at this point. Besides her main concern at the moment was the monster. Were they going to have to fight this thing, or was this a test on rescuing? This was all so stressful, she wish the ship would sink so she could hurry up and drown all ready. To make matters worse she could no longer keep her sea bearing and fell once again. She made no effort to get up, just a few moments into the simulation and Willow was already sitting in a ball waiting for someone to tell her what to do. She hopped they ordered her to be swallowed by the monster as a distraction. She would rather be eaten alive and facing on a challenge alone then have to interact with a group.

[div class=container][div class=head][div class=header][div class=tag]*status[/div] oh no
[div class=tag]*location[/div] simulation
[div class=tag]*interactions[/div] group iota
[div class=tag]*tags[/div] laziness,,..
[/div][div class=headerimage]
bee.

psyche
[/div]

[/div][div class=body]
bee'd held back a cringe the moment she'd heard "simulations". she'd come in expecting a peaceful training session and this would be anything but. at least caoimhe was in her group. think positive, right?

it was a little hard to to do that in this scenario, though.

you couldn't really blame her for it. there was just a lot of rain and thunder and storms and bee just wasn't feeling that right now. today, or ever. in fact, she could feel herself quivering in her restraints as the raindrops pelted her unrelentingly, watching through squinted eyes as the scene unfolded. a shadowed man was pointing a gun at hex, saying something. a sudden flash of lightning caused her eyes to squeeze shut immediately, her chest heaving. she could hear the man speak, and then someone retorting – sunrise? – but bee was having trouble piecing the words into coherence. choose? choices? peeling her eyelids open slowly, bee finally took a good look at her surroundings.

her head whipped back to look at hex as the crack of a gunshot echoed through the air, and she choked back a sob. craning her head to look, she found that hex wasn't dead, at least not yet. just bleeding. bee paled suddenly as the feeling of hopelessness washed over her, drowning out her own fear. the stranger had turned his attention towards bombus, and judging by the look on her face, she was the biggest source. bee echoed her mood, but she was useless in this situation. what could she do? she tried meekly to instill a feeling of calm in the other girl, but her attempts seemed futile. bee didn't know what she expected; she couldn't even get her own body to stop shaking, and the low rumble of the sky wasn't helping in the least.

shrike swooped in to rescue the poor girl, and bee knit her eyebrows together as she willed her heart to stop pounding in her ears so she could actually hear her thoughts. glancing towards hex again, she noticed the words that he was mouthing. get me out of here. how? how how how?! shrike was still speaking, his words an obvious challenge to the man holding the gun. her eyes darted back and forth between the two before she stilled as her mind finally started working again. if bee's memory served her well about shrike's abilities, she could lend a hand if she just tried to make the man angrier, and hopefully, he'd respond as she was anticipating.

that would work, right? yeah. sure. her ability to focus was taking a vacation at the moment, but whatever, it was worth a shot.

[/div]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡

[/div]

[class=container] --color-1: #f2d4c9; --color-2: #3D1412; --color-3: #f7edea; --color-4: #db362e; --header-img: url('https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUT476SU8AAOTxS.jpg'); height:365px; width:270px; margin:auto; position:relative; [/class] [class=head] height:125px; width:250px; border-top-left-radius:1.5px; border-top-right-radius:1.5px; position:relative; [/class] [script class=head on=mouseenter] addClass slideUp headerimage removeClass slideDown headerimage [/script] [script class=head on=mouseleave] addClass slideDown headerimage removeClass slideUp headerimage [/script] [class=headerimage] height:125px; width:270px; background: var(--header-img); background-size:100%; background-position:50% 20%; position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; [/class] [class=header] height:105px; width:250px; border-left:5px solid var(--color-1); border-right:5px solid var(--color-1); border-top:5px solid var(--color-1); border-bottom:5px solid var(--color-1); position:relative; padding:5px; font-size:11.5px; color:black; background-color: var(--color-3); [/class] [class=body] height:220px; width:250px; background-color:white; border-left:5px solid var(--color-1); border-right:5px solid var(--color-1); border-bottom:5px solid var(--color-1); border-bottom-left-radius:1.5px; border-bottom-right-radius:1.5px; position:relative; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; font-size:10px; color:black; letter-spacing:0.5px; text-align:justify; [/class] [class=slideUp] animation-name: {post_id}slideUp; animation-duration:1s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [class=slideDown] animation-name: {post_id}slideDown; animation-duration:1s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [class=tag] background-color: var(--color-4); color: var(--color-2); font-weight:bold; border-radius:3px; min-width:25px; max-width:100px; padding-left:3px; padding-right:3px; height:16px; display:inline-block; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [animation=slideUp] [keyframe=0] transform:translateY(0px); [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] transform:translateY(-200px); [/keyframe] [/animation] [animation=slideDown] [keyframe=0] transform:translateY(-200px); [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] transform:translateY(0px); [/keyframe] [/animation]

ch1exmZ.jpg
EVERGREEN FIELDS -- "WINTER"
does not want to be here | With: group mu

When Eve regained her consciousness, she slowly stood up and looked around, trying to take in her dark surroundings and the ship she was standing on. Water- inky, pitch-black water- from it was all around her, stretching for miles in every direction but up. While she was not thrilled about being on a boat, water was okay to have. It meant that if she wanted to, she could freeze the calm water to provide an easy spot to land on. Now, if the group was stranded in a sea of fire, that would be an entirely different story.

All of a sudden, the ship started shaking, and the waves around the boat grew larger and more violent. She struggled to maintain her balance, and stumbled over to a handrail on the side of the ship. Lightning split the sky, illuminating the area. Eve saw the rest of the students in her group, among them two of her roommates, trying to keep steady as well. Holding on to a rail wasn't enough, and with the next big wave her small body was thrown to the other side of the ship, dangerously close to being flung off the edge. She caught her breath, and as she tilted her head slightly to peer into the ocean, she thought she saw something moving underneath the water. Something darker than the sea itself.

She turned back just in time to see a massive tentacle slam onto the deck, catching the girl called Echo by surprise. On instinct, she rushed towards the wounded student, but another impact shook the ship as she moved. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened. The vibration of the sea monster's impact ran through her legs, and she thought she could hear the sound of something inside the ship breaking. Shit.

And to make things worse, insects began crawling up through what must be tiny cracks in the deck. Now, eldritch horrors and sinking ships? She could handle those, easy. However, insects were one thing she was not anticipating. She let out a yell as a swarm of the little buggers began crawling towards her, a mass of black legs and antennas. Her mind swam with horrible visions of getting swarmed by flies and getting eaten alive by maggots- nightmares she'd had since she was a child. To say insects disgusted her was an understatement.

They fucking terrified her.

Despite all the dangers getting thrown at them, there was still something that felt wrong, like something- no, someone- was missing. When Nikhe spoke, the answer became apparent to Eve. "Fluke! It must be Fluke!" She called out to nobody in particular, willing her voice to remain calm. At the same time, she dashed up to the ship's stern to avoid getting swarmed by insects. It was unmistakable- there was definitely a noise and a voice that had come from beneath the ship, though she didn't see where exactly it came from. She heard Fluke just moments before she ran up the deck. "Check around for openings in the floor! He's down there somewhere."

{ CAOIMHE DOHERTY .
OwdWEbr.png

STATUS | wants to give at least 4 hugs
WITH | group iota and co.​

Caoimhe was, on the whole, a pretty confident person.

Maybe confident wasn't the right word. She was more—self-assured, that's a good one. She prided herself on her composure and her level head, and she went into the simulation thinking she had a fairly good shot at coming out on top. And her group was full of powerful, capable individuals; she knew Psyche perhaps the best out of all of them, and she made sure to flash the girl a smile before the simulation engulfed them.

Caoimhe came out on the other side drenched to the bone from relentless sheets of rain. It was the awful kind of cold that sank through her skin, but what kind of hero (or hero-in-training, maybe) would she be if she was brought down by a little chill?

The chill wasn't a problem. The restraints weren't either, or at the very least they wouldn't be for very long. But the biggest problem turned out to be right in front of them, a half-obscured man—who, on second inspection, bore an eerie resemblance to Paradox. She was sure she wasn't imagining it, and she puzzled over it up until he pulled out a gun, aimed it straight at Hex's forehead, and demanded one of them to get into the grave by his feet.

Caoimhe's breath caught in her throat, a messy and tangled thing.

She should volunteer. She should—and she would have already, had it been any other situation. But she could already imagine it, lying down in the divot of earth as dirt was shoveled in around her, pressing down on her chest and nose and eyes. What little light they had vanishing, her struggling to breathe from underneath the ground. Never coming back out.

It's a simulation, she told herself, but it did little to calm her mounting panic. When everything felt so real, down to the rain and the press of her knees into the ground, there was no doubt that being buried alive would feel real as well.

She struggled to breathe in and out steadily. She was almost too afraid to break her metal cuffs as it was, the screech of rending steel fortunately hidden by the thunder, but she couldn't break the ropes without pulling he arms apart, a movement that she feared would be too noticeable and result in a bullet lodged in Hex's head.

As it turned out, the man in the front fired his gun anyway, and Caoimhe's instinctive shout of "No!" was hidden by the roar of the bullet. She twisted desperately, not ready to see Hex slumped over dead but turning to see anyway—but he wasn't dead. Shocked and terrified and bearing a bloodied line across his cheek, but alive. The relief washed through Caoimhe in a rush.

The man gave them new terms, seeming to take joy in laying a ridiculous responsibility onto Bombus' shoulders. Caoimhe's heart twisted; Bombus was kind and shy and an absolute sweetheart, and it was despicable of him to ask her to assign one of her teammates to the grotesque fate. She briefly toyed with the idea of teleporting to the man and—engaging him in some sort of combat, but she didn't want to test whether she was quicker and more accurate than the man and his gun. She was not about to test her strategy out if Hex's life was the price she had to pay.

To Caoimhe's mounting horror, Shrike volunteered himself. This was perhaps the worst scenario she could have been put in: to have her paralyzing fear pit directly against her innate need to protect anyone and everyone with whom she came in contact, and to see someone hurt and another offer to undergo a horror which she knew was meant to scare her. How could she look at herself in the mirror and know both that she was too much of a coward to stop someone from suffering in her stead?

"Bombus," she said, and she struggled to keep her voice calm, although vague remnants of terror flickered uneasily in her eyes. "I'm very, very sorry to put you in this situation, but—please, choose me." She spoke slowly, steadily. Tried to give no indication that she could already feel her throat seize up with the thought of being buried alive. "Please. It's the smartest decision."

How could she say without words, without giving it away, that she could teleport out of the grave, if worse comes to worst? She didn't know what Shrike's abilities were, but she doubted they could help him dig his way out of the dirt. And she—she would panic, most likely, but she could get out.

Of course, then there was the question of how she would do so and simultaneously warn her teammates, so that the man didn't shoot them the moment he noticed her out—but that was a question that she could think of answers to later.

After a few seconds of complete darkness, the shapeless simulator room that Andrew was in, along with Echo and some other students, became replaced with a large, wooden ship being thrown around like a toy by an endless, turbulent sea. The clouds overhead were dark and heavy, but Andrew was too busy trying to maintain his balance to notice his clothing was soaked through within seconds of exposure to the simulated rain. He started towards the railing of the boat, before realizing that it was a poor choice in handhold. Before Andrew could find something else to grab onto, however, the sky split open.

Every muscle in Andrew's body tensed up as thunder roared overhead, as if it were a physical wall of force that slammed into him. The last time he was outside in such weather with his equipment, he wasn't a freak. For a few moments, anyways. Lightning was said to never strike in the same place twice, but Andrew had always felt that what it did to him that night was left unfinished; another flash, and he'd be wishing for death.

Andrew was so caught up in what might've been that he barely registered the massive tentacle whipping past, throwing Echo into the silhouette of an ocean. He probably would've found the irony tasteless if he did. It was only when the second tentacle stuck that Andrew snapped out of it. One of his classmates-- Winter, he recalled-- bolted to the back of the ship to avoid a writhing mass of insects that blanketed the other end, and shouting something he couldn't quite catch over the howling of the wind. A small crack appeared in the floorboards, and Andrew heard what sounded like a call for help. He realized that one of the others must've been placed below deck.

"Check around for openings in the floor! He's down there somewhere."

"I'm on it!" Kraken shouted back, as everything snapped into focus. He drew a device resembling a gun from his utility belt, and bashed it into the floor where the crack was. It took a few attempts, but the planks were giving away and a hole opened up to the room below.

jane bardot
"bombus"
© southside

tags: group iota
The cold rain slipped down her cheeks, racing past tears that threatened to leak. Jane wiped her face, leaving a trace of mud under her eyes, to clear the sandy blonde curls that clung to her lips. The droplets chilled her body and began to make her shake. Perhaps if she kneeled here long enough in the rain, she would drown in something other than her thoughts. Bombus had freed herself from rope and steel, but could she free herself from making a wrong move?

A deafening shot rang out, her ears singing from the closeness. At the fire, she placed her hands gingerly on her head and bent forward, stifling a throaty whimper. She straightened up after her eyes had confirmed that none had collapsed. The bullet had drawn a sharp line across Hex’s cheek. Bombus had just barely missed the impatient words emitted from the bloke, but she couldn’t miss the next ones.

“You,” His gruff voice and contradicting grin was enough to make her tremble.

"How about you choose someone to get buried alive? Can't choose yourself, but anyone else? Free game. No funny business. You know what'll happen."

Bombus tilted her head downward to the dirt. The tears had slipped a bit now, descending too fast for her to brush into her matted hair. Petrified by the responsibility of another's foot in the grave, mud bubbling up their throat, their screams muffled by earth, her immediate response was to step into the grave herself. After the closeness of the bullet only a moment ago, she was sure that the man towering over Iota had intended to miss. He would not miss the next time. As her breath quickened, anxiety filling her heavy limbs, she was glad when Shrike split the stillness. His words trickled with sarcasm, his curls with rain.

“You know, I would much prefer some cozy dirt with these cuffs, wouldn’t you agree, Bombus? Eases the burn since I’ve been horribly rude, impatient and all, and rubbed the ol’ wrists raw, but pack some dirt over me? I’ll be good as new.” You’d shut me right up, too. A win-win if I ever did see one. I’ve been told my open mouth is a troublesome thing.”

Bombus would be ever grateful for his distraction, giving her another minute to stall. She was about to lean over to pack soil over his wrists that had reddened from the cuffs when another, this time a pretty girl she hadn’t recognized, yet remembered her name before the simulation had began when each of theirs had been called.

“Bombus, I’m very, very sorry to put you in this situation, but- please, choose me. Please. It’s the smartest decision.”

Jane’s eyes begged to not make her do this- not make her choose another life to sacrifice; to suffocate under the dirt below. Though this was a simulation, the bullet had already shown them what it was capable of, and she wasn’t willing to risk another. The girl had seemed calm, her voice steady and sure. Perhaps she had a plan that Bombus didn’t know about. It was the only plan they had. Jane had to trust her, there wasn’t another option at the moment. Either that, or Hex would have to die.

Bombus nodded and spoke uneasily, a softness in her tone, “I choose Aegis.”

Jane tried to catch Aegis’ eyes, and hoped that they would somehow convey the faith Jane had in her.

She decided to take Shrike’s distraction from the decision she had made and picked up some soaked dirt. Bombus leaned over and moved her hands to his, carefully smoothing the dirt over his wrists, grateful to think about the way the dirt coated his hands and less about the danger that all of them were facing- especially Aegis.
STATS
REPLY 001

Elias Roman
Interacting: Iota

Eli waited for it. The click as the gun was pointed in his direction, the finger yanking back on the trigger, the bang as a bullet was sent hurtling at his forehead. He stared the man down, ready to conjure a mirror at a moment's notice. He hated being looked at like that, and hated it even more that a smaller, younger part of himself felt the need to recoil from it. Then the gun moved the opposite way and Eli's eyes flicked to the side, at Hex. He had enough time for his eyes to widen before the bang. He flinched away from the sound, ears ringing.

In the second between the gun being fired and what happened next, Eli closed his eyes. He didn't want to see Hex's body. He shook the thought off a second later like a duck shaking off water, forcing his eyes back open. Eyes on the enemy. Dwell on Hex later.

Eli blinked when he saw that Hex was relatively unharmed and it helped to untangle the brief mess his thoughts had become in that second, to make everything seem a little less personal. Still, he couldn't help the spark of anger when the man spoke to him again. "Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Eli shouted, but the man had already turned away, to Bombus.

He bit down hard on his tongue until he tasted copper. Insignificant. Inadequate. The man thinking he was so worthless that he was willing to turn his back on him. Eli pulled on his arms until it hurt, shaking his head as he tried to concentrate. Five feet, and not enough light to do much with. His range was long enough to shield one of his groupmates, if he was feeling generous, but not far enough to reach the man taunting him. With how dark it was, he doubted he could manifest enough light to hurt him, either. The man's words swirled around in his head, but he couldn't do anything to make him see that he was wrong. It was frustrating.

Eli glared at the ground as Bombus chose Aegis, but even then, there was nothing he could do.

Lonely In Your Nightmare
Status: Amused ❖ Location: Viewing Chamber ❖ Interactions: Observers ❖
tumblr_pffmjtakMT1xcnjjho3_400.gif"Off to a good start, aren't they?" Ian asked of no one in particular, in a honeyed voice that dripped with poison. If he'd been given a drink, the young man would have swirled its contents self-satisfactorily before taking a sip. But alas, he had none. Instead he chose to fold his arms across his chest and pace, slowly, purposefully, from one end of the long, cavernous room to the other.

"Though, you have to admit," Ian spoke again to the room, or to himself, "that they are quite good. The so-called simulations." Pitting friend against friend... Against acquaintance... Against stranger. Was it all in the name of team-building? Difficult to say. Eventually he came to rest in front of one of the large monitors, through which he watched the hellish scenario befalling Group Iota play out in 4K Ultra-High Definition. His peers were busy prostrating themselves in the name of self-sacrifice. Ian arched a brow at the sheer spectacle of it all. It was practically Shakespearean.

Vance was very animated while watching the students undergo the rigorous simulation. Any studious student would relish in the chance to review the abilities of his peers as well as the mental make up of the faculty, sense they designed this exercise; however, Vance was not studious...he was talented, and with great talent comes the ability to take it easy. For Vance, It was like watching clowns in a circus. Sometimes he was rooting for the clowns. Sometimes he was hoping they would fall flat on their face, either way it was fairly amusing. At the very least Vance was able to find at least one kindred spirit since he found himself agreeing with everything Ian said. "Yeah sure, a greeaaaaaaat start," Vance said with a chuckle as he held out his bag of chips while he followed him across the room with his eyes. "I don't like to brag but this would probably be over and done with if I were in there." It might have been an exaggeration on Vance's part, but it wasn't a total lie. The system was extremely advanced, even Vance had to acknowledge their abilities in this field, but there was always the potential his power could cause minor glitches in the system even if it was not his intent. (Ex, perhaps a slightly delayed attack, or decision by simulated enemies) Anything like that would defeat the whole purpose of having a simulation; it would be like breaking the fourth wall. So here he was, with the rest.

Vance tilted his head when Ian stated they were quite good. He was confused as he thought Ian's opinion of those taking the test was similar to Vance's own opinion of them. When he clarified that he was speaking of the simulation, Vance smiled and continued eating his chips. "Ah, yeah its a beauty. I can barely get a read on it. Looks like perfection from my end, shame its going to waste on some angsty blokes. Don't you think they are taking this a bit to close to the heart? I mean surely they know its just a simulation. I can guarantee you one thing, if one of them stubs their toe its game over." By the latter half of his statement he was addressing the entire room, as well as Ian, wearing the same childish grin he has had since the start of the simulation.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

NAOMI

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Naomi opened her eyes to an unreality. It only took the touch of dead wind on her shoulders to make her realize what she was seeing. Before her was a flight of stairs, just wide enough for her and her group to walk together abreast. Around them was grey oblivion, seemingly stretching for miles in every direction. Naomi could make out figures splayed out at the base of the stairs, some motionless, some writhing beneath the fog. Yet none of these things drew reaction from her. Naomi always felt a cloudy disconnect whenever they put her through the sims. She felt as though she were stumbling through a fever dream, a fuzzy state of mind where she never questioned the existence of outlandish things.

So the prowling, amorphous cloud drifting toward her did not shock her. It seeped in from nothingness, a dark green mist vaguely shaped into a sphere. Vaporous and indistinct, it moved like an eel through a river, gliding forward until it was mere inches from her nose. "Shame, isn’t it?” it sighs. “How you are so far removed from the people you’re supposed to protect.” A sinister voice, like a thousand overlapping whispers passing in the wind. One of them sounded like Hiroki.

Shoving memories from her mind, she glanced to her comrades, but none of them looked any less disconnected than she was. She tugged at the bindings on her left wrist, tight and unwieldy, but it was nothing a little Slick couldn't sol--

A lurch downward.

The stairs beneath Naomi's feet were no longer there. It seemed to pop out of existence like a bubble, leaving Group Kappa to plummet helplessly toward the sea of bodies. Panic dispelled the fuzz in Naomi's mind, and without thinking she began to flail for purchase, too scared to scream. The wind whipped at her face, pulling on her clothes and drew the breath from her mouth.

Then her body stopped, forced to a halt by something. Naomi jerked her head up to see Gina floating in the air, struggling to maintain her anchor as she tried to hold up this morbid daisy chain of a group. Naomi dangled there by her handcuffs, quivering for a moment, puffing out terse, anxious breaths. I'm still alive she thought. Still alive in spite of the universe's best efforts. She wanted to burst out laughing at the sound of her own thoughts, but a quiet whimper floated down from above.

"Do something"

Right. Naomi remembered. I'm dead weight as it is. Her eyes drifted downwards, looking over the bloodied bodies strewn across the ground. It was still a long fall the rest of the way, but it would be survivable. Painful, yes, but survivable. Hiroki always said that when you had a task to do, it was better to live with the pain of it than not do it at all. She would have to let go, but she would do so without hesitation. Say what you want about her, but Naomi Nakano was a survivor.

With a last deep breath, she negated the friction from her wrist, and her hand slipped free from the one thing leaving her dangling with the rest of Group Kappa. Then she bit her lip in a defiant suppression of a scream, turning over slowly in the air as she fell.

And fell.

And fell.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
2T6Zd9R.gif
EDMOND DAI -- "MIMIC"
slightly uncomfortable | With: group lambda

Edmond wasn't really the type of guy to get freaked out easily. He liked to keep a calm, rational mind, even in situations beyond his control. It was only through quick decision-making that dangers could be escaped from.

However, he did not anticipate what laid waiting for him in the Lambda simulation.

In his previous experiences with the SAI tests, once he entered the simulations, it would take him at most 30 seconds to fully acclimate to the virtual reality, and another minute or so to assess his situation. It was like waking up from a nap. This time, he had neither the time nor the capability to do any of those things, and was thrown rather suddenly into a literal mess.

The room reeked of something too horrible for him to describe. He'd never come across a corpse before, but the instant he awoke he knew exactly what the stench had come from. Edmond gagged, the stomach of his simulated avatar threatening to toss up its contents. Whatever they might be. He instinctively reached up with his right hand to try to cover his nose, but found cold metal cuffs binding him to a cold metal chair. "Come on, let me go!" He exclaimed as he struggled futilely against his restraints before giving up, resolving to start breathing in and out of his mouth. Okay, calm down- it was all a simulation. Nobody was dead.

Regardless, this place was disgusting, and he wanted out. There were bodies strewn all across the floor, their faces twisted in pain- grim reflections of their last moments. Blood stained the floor where streaks of red ran through it like rivers. He turned to his companion, a man Donaghue had called Cobra, a quizzical expression plain on his face. There were others in the group, weren't there? Faidh, Adrenaline, Hellraiser, and Ioannis?

His thoughts were interrupted by an unfamiliar clicking noise. The sound had come from the Dr. Doofenshmirtz-looking guy in the room, the only other person there besides Cobra. As the gaunt man spewed out some bullshit about how Cobra had killed everyone in the room (which was clearly impossible, since he had entered the simulation along with Mimic), Edmond got to work on his restraints. He hoped the man wouldn't realize what he was planning.

Metal- in this case, steel- was easy. With a quick probe using his telekinesis, he sensed that his chair was made of iron and carbon, with a few other oddball elements. His hands gripped the chair's arms, and since the metal there was connected to the his leg cuffs, he telekinetically bent the molecules that made up the cuffs to free his legs. At this point, the man in the lab coat was threatening the two of them. He didn't think much of it and continued concentrating on his work, hoping to break free completely before the man could truly become a threat to his safety.

"You're weak."

Edmond's eyes shot open. That word- Weak- it was a word he had grown tired of hearing. For his entire life, he had been called that. Only a tiny percent of the world's population had powers, himself among them, but it was just his luck that he had to be cursed with the worst ones. With a rather niche possession ability and dysfunctional telekinetic powers, others had told him to give up being a hero. How he wanted to prove them wrong. He was not weak- he could be useful, too, right? He had to be good for something, right?

"You brought me here to tell me something I've heard a thousand times?" He said, his voice flat. With the little levitating ability he could muster, he tried using his telekinesis to throw the man's hands slightly away from the lever.

{ GROUP IOTA .

With Bombus' declaration, the man nods. The smile on his face disquiets you all, as if he knows something you don't, but when he gestures for Aegis to come forward with the gun previously pointing at Hex, she has no choice but to comply.

Scarcely has she taken a step forward then his finger squeezes the trigger. The bang echoes, seemingly even louder than before, and for a moment it's like time stands still.

And then Aegis stumbles, blood trickling from the bullet in her torso, and sinks to her knees. As if in a daze, she tears through the ropes binding her arms together—something that, worryingly enough, doesn't seem to surprise the man—and brings a hand clumsily to the wound, as if to staunch the flow. Blood seeps through her fingers in seconds.

"Thank you for choosing," the man says silkily, unbothered, "but I know her powers—all your powers. And I don't like that you tried to trick me. We need a little more compensation than that, don't you agree?"

He looks at the grave. You think that he's going to forcibly drag someone who hadn't volunteered to it, but without looking up, he shoots again, once from each hand—quicker than you can react. You have barely registered the roar of it, your ears still ringing from his earlier shot, before two bullets have found their way to their targets.

One lodges in Sunrise's torso, the other in Psyche's thigh. The man laughs, once, and then disappears.

{ GROUP KAPPA .

You all hit the ground—some with a softer landing than others, admittedly. For some reason, you've managed to hit a patch of ground that's suspiciously clear of dead bodies, which seems like a stroke of luck that comes with a price.

Unfortunately, you're not wrong.

You're still all chained together, red marks highlighting your wrists from where your cuffs dug into your skin. There's a horrible groan, as if the sound of a thousand people dying at once. You think for a moment that that is what had happened—all those barely-alive people, breathing their last breaths.

But to your horror, the corpses around you begin stirring, rising up jerkily on their two feet. Around them, the countless bodies stand up as well. They stagger towards you unsteadily, an army of the dead-now-undead. One gasps, "You didn't save us."

{ GROUP LAMBDA (II) .

Amazingly, Mimic's ploy works. The scientist's hand flies off course, and instead of pulling the lever, he accidentally brushes a button that sends their cuffs receding, pulling back into the chair's frame. They're up and out before he can react.

Making a sound that's half-outrage, half-fear, he holds up what looks to be some kind of scalpel. "Stay back," he squawks, "or you'll regret it. Trust me."

{ GROUP MU .

Kraken managed to locate the room where Fluke was previously kept; as the boards gave way, cracking with a terrible sound, you make out the dim form of what must be your missing teammate. One of you reaches down to help him up, but unfortunately, you've left the monster unoccupied for far too long.

Alerted by the crack, one of its tentacles swoops down, wrapping with surprising agility around Fluke's torso (thankfully on the un-spiked side) and pulling him rapidly into the air. Clutched in its grip, he hovers above the roiling waves. One wrong move could have him hurling down into the ocean or crushed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back