≈Imaginary Friend x Human≈ [One on One]

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜
Rules:

1.) All forum rules apply.

2.) Be literate, and able to form complete sentences and a decent reply.

3.) Speaking of a decent reply, make one! Don't do a one liner, especially if I do a whole freaking page of writing. It's annoying as crap, and I will end the roleplay.

4.) This is a one on o
ne, so I only need one person to join! I am going to be playing Sabreena, so I'll need someone to be the guardian angel. I would also like us to either double or have no problem playing other minor characters that come along. So, definitely keep that in mind.

5.) That's really all I have that I can think of at the moment.

Plot:

Once again, Sabreena is your typical girl. School, friends, home life. But she's been through a tragedy. Years ago, when she was little, her mother killed herself while home with a six year old Sabreena. To deal with this at such a young age, Sabreena made up Carter (obviously, his name can be changed!). Carter was her best friend through everything, and he was always there for her. As she got older and went through therapy, she realized she didn't need Carter anymore, so she stopped playing with him, much like kids do.

Carter was not happy about being left behind. He wasn't just an imaginary friend-- he had his own thoughts, his own feelings, his own everything. He tried for years to get Sabreena to think about him again, but nothing worked. Until one day, he wakes up, and he's alive. (Now, here's where the roleplay can kinda go two different ways.) Either Sabreena is the only person who can see him, and he has to figure out how to manifest a true physical form so the rest of the world can see him, or he wakes up with a true physical form and Sabreena has to deal with her imaginary friend suddenly being not so imaginary.

Since this is kind of a pairing roleplay, I'd prefer Sabreena's imaginary friend to be a girl, however, if you don't mind doubling, you could also play a girl imaginary friend (or a human) and I could be the guy opposite for you! (:

Sure, I can do two people ( I assume you meant to say you prefer a boy ) It would be more fun with us both being multiple characters any ways. Do you have a preferred character sheet?

oh jeez, yeah, I meant to say guy. Haha. So would you wanna be a human or a girl imaginary friend?

Umm, well, since I'm a guy imaginary friend, maybe I could be a girl one as well? It would be easier that way, I think.

Okay, that sounds cool. So you'll be both imaginary friends and I'll be both humans. Should they be in the same area? Like same city/school/etc. That way some interaction happens?

Haha yep. And unm... probably a good idea. Since my characters somehow magically wake up, they could pretend to "transfer" to your charries' school?

((Sounds good! If you wanna post character profiles & intros, you can. I'm with family right now but I'll try to work on them.))

((I'm gonna post a quick profile, like yours, because I just got home and I have to work all day tomorrow. But I will post intros ASAP! Love both of the pics, btw. The girl is gorgeous))

Name: Sabreena "Breena" Jamison

Picture:View attachment 13978

Name: Brendon Summers

Picture:View attachment 13979

(( [MENTION=4661]HollyAnne91[/MENTION] Yaaay I was worried it somehow got deleted and for some dumb reason never thought to look in the private RP's! I think I am the true definition of dumb blonde sometimes!!))

Also, is the pic of Carter okay? It's Sabreena's imaginary friend, so if it's no good lemme know and I'll get something else ^^ same with Lily

((Haha its all good! I have my moments, too. And yes, I loved both pics :3 are the ones for Sabreena and Brendon okay?))

Sabreena Jamison sat in her truck outside of school, sketchbook open in her lap. There were still a few minutes before she had to head inside, so she decided to draw a little. That was how she passed a lot of her time, had ever since she was little. She smiled down at her drawing, lifting her pencil from the paper and looking at it. The smiled faded instantly as she recognized the face on the piece of paper.

Carter.

God, she hadn't thought about him in years. Her special friend, her best friend, from when she was a child. She stared down at his face, blinking a few times. Seeing his face brought back a lot of memories that even now, years later, she didn't want to face. She ripped the paper from her book and ripped it up into tiny pieces, suddenly breathing hard. Shaking her head, she opened her door and stepped out of the truck, grabbing her bookbag. She found a trash can by the doors of the school, where she dumped the tiny pieces of paper. Most of them stuck to her sweaty hand, so she had to peel them off.

Forcing herself to calm down, she entered the school, heading for her locker.

+++

((There's Breena's intro... Is there a personality type you'd like for Brendon to have? Jock, 'bad' guy, nerd, etc.?))

((Lol yes they're good pics ^^ and I think it would be funny for him to be kind of a bad ass, because it would conflict with Lily's personality so much xD and I'll make lily's intro when you make Brendon's))

-Carter-

Everything was so bright. The sun shone in the window of his apartment, illuminating everything. He'd dreamt about her again. You know, Sabreena. Sitting up in bed, he let out a sigh. "What a dream..." He mumbled. He'd been sitting next to her, watching her draw. They'd been sitting in some sort of vehicle, but the light outside the truck had been so bright he didn't know where they were. Sabreena had been drawing, and Carter had been watching. He wasn't watching the pencil or paper. He'd been watching her eyes. When he'd finally pried his eyes from her face, he looked to her drawing.

It was him.

He smiled a little. "It's a good picture," he'd said, admiring her work. But she didn't reply. In his dreams, Sabreena never replied. She never knew he was there. She'd known he was there before, back when she was a kid, but over time she'd acted like he wasn't standing right beside her, like he no longer existed. It hurt.

Carter's thoughts changed track. Now he remembered the day he'd finally separated from Sabreena. People, slowly, began to realize he was there. It's like once he was far enough from Sabreena, far enough away from the girl that hurt him by pretending he wasn't real, he became real after all. Everyone could see him now. It was the craziest thing, and he had no idea why it happened. All he knew now was that he was real, and anything HE imagined became real, too. He'd pretended to have money, and the next moment he'd had enough to get this apartment.

A lot of people were curious, asking where he'd moved from and what school he went to. He still lived in the same town as Sabreena, as he had before, and knew almost everything about it. He'd just refused to go back to her.

Until now.

He was REAL now, living and breathing. There was no way she could deny his existence. Things could be the way they were before, but better. They could be best friends, and he could be there for her, protect her.... Maybe even love her. He'd always felt a connection with her, but thought maybe it was because he was her creation. You had to love someone who gave you life, right? Surely that's what this feeling was.

Today was the day. He stood up and crossed the room, getting dressed and imagining breakfast, which promptly appeared on the table. Smiling, he ate quickly and put on his shoes. Grabbing a bag that he pretended was full of books, he walked outside and down the street as his backpack grew heavier with books required for his new school.

Upon arrival, he checked in. He got a paper with classes on it. Thinking about Sabreena, he could go back into her head for a moment and see her schedule. It was completely different than his. So he pretended some of his classes changed, then watched as the letters on the paper reorganized themselves, putting him in a few classes with Sabreena. Grinning, he walked down the hall to their first class, biology.

((Sounds good! Sorry, I worked a double today, that's why I haven't responded yet.))

"Hey Breena!" A slender, brown-haired girl met Sabreena at her locker. "You look like you've seen a ghost! What's up?" The girls forest-green eyes filled with concern.

"I'm fine." Breena brushed off the concern, grabbing her bio book and shutting her locker. "What's up, Katrina?"

"Not much. Just got done making out with Rick." Her eyes, no longer filled with concern, sparkled. Rick was her newest fling. In all honesty he'd be lucky to make it through the week. "He's such a good kisser!"

"Yeah, I bet." Despite herself, Breena smiled. Katrina may be a little out there, but she was Breena's best friend. "Come on, we're gonna be late." She and Katrina headed for bio, entering the room and sitting at their usual seats, continuing their conversation about Rick and his kissing skills. Sabreena found herself only half listening, still thinking about what had happened in her truck.

+++

A pair of eyes followed Katrina and Sabreena down the hall. Brendon Summers turned his eyes away as they disappeared, tuning back into the conversation of his friends just in time to hear one comment on how good Sabreena's ass was looking this year. He rolled his eyes and punched Jon in the shoulder, but grinned. "Better than it used to, I guess. I have better taste." His eyes sparkled with a dangerous glint as he saw Hailey Perkins down the hall. Every guy knew she put out. Brendon knew from experience.

Jon followed Brendon's gaze and rolled his eyes back at him. "C'mon, man, even we know better than to try and get with Hailey. Everyone's been there, dude."

"But it's a good ride!" Brendon laughed and high-fived Jon and Trent, his other friend standing there, as they all laughed.

Brendon and Sabreena had been friends back in the day, when they were kids. But they'd grown up and grew apart, as so many friends do. Sabreena would say Brendon turned into an ass, and Brendon would say Sabreena became stuck-up. Whatever. He pushed the thoughts from his mind, not wanting to think about when they were little and played with their imaginary and not-so-imaginary friends together. He ran a hand through his dark hair and sighed. "C'mon guys, let's go." He and his two 'followers' began to walk the halls, doing everything in their power to avoid going to class.

(( [MENTION=4661]HollyAnne91[/MENTION] I am about to post, but wanted to make sure my opening was okay. I thought it would be kind of cool, since my characters came from your characters imaginations, that they would occasionally be able to peek into their minds and see what was going on around them. They can't actually do anything like mess with their minds or talk to them, but it just lets my characters still feel connected to yours now that they're real. If that's not cool let me know. Also, I am making it so that something happened when Brendon left Lily behind. She feels like she knows him somewhere but doesn't recognize him at first. It is up to you whether or not he knows her when he sees her ^_^ ))

~Carter~

Carter saw her walk in, knowing exactly when she would be here. He was seated in the back so that she wouldn't notice that he was there, and it seemed to have worked. He knew Katrina, still being somewhat connected to Sabreena's mind, but she seemed so preoccupied with the other girl that it was no wonder she didn't need Carter anymore. He scoffed a little at Katrina. Carter wished that he could speak to Sabreena like he used to, just by thought. When she had still believed in him, she could be found talking aloud, seemingly to no one, but she could hear Carter as if he had been real all along.

Now he watched the two girls take their seats. He'd gotten by without her seeing him, which was good. He wanted to see what she had been up to lately. He could always just look into her mind and find out himself, but honestly, if he was a real person now he felt as if he should act the part. He wanted to get to know her for the real her, not for the childish part of her that created him.

~Lily~

"I'm going to be so late!!"

Lily ran around her apartment, making a mad dash to get ready in time. Today was her first day of school, and by no means was she about to miss it. She had this nagging feeling that she shouldn't go, just some thought in the back of her mind that she wasn't meant to go to this school. She was... different than everyone else. The doctors told her that everything was going to be okay, but honestly no one knew if this was the truth.

A while back, Lily had been in a terrible accident. It was so bad that she couldn't remember anything from before then. It was like her former life had somehow been completely erased. None of the doctors knew why she had amnesia, and they only hoped for her sake that it would pass and she would remember everything. It was even worse that she didn't have any records anywhere, or even an Identification card. It was like she had materialized from no where. No one knew anything about her, where she came from, or who she may be related to. Like she had suddenly just popped into existence.

The confusion had continued even to today. Lily only knew that girls her age went to school and that she was expected to attend, even if they couldn't figure out any actual information about her. No one claimed to be from her family, so the blonde became a ward of the state. She was allowed to live alone, but she was required to go to the doctor once a month to have her progress checked.

Little did she know, there would never be any progress.

Lily shrugged into a hoodie, picked up her messenger bag, and went outside, unlocking her bike from the rack and riding the short distance to the school. Some people thought that maybe a bike accident was the cause for her memory loss. The only problem with that theory was that she was found completely unscathed...

Arriving at the school, she chained her bike, dashed to the office, and picked up her paperwork. She located her first class, English, and picked a seat near the window. "Just in time..." she mumbled aloud as she rustled through her bag.

ooc;; I like that idea! Well, both of them, lol. Lily not recognizing Brendon and Carter & Lily being able to peek into their makers' minds. Love them both. And I like it'd be kinda cool if they could talk to them via mind and hear their thoughts, ya know, to make them more connected. If you don't want to do that, though, that's fine. (:

bic;;

Breena and Katrina talked until the final bell rang and the teacher came in. He took out his roll sheet and called roll, pausing when he reached the bottom of the list. "Well, class, looks like we have a new student. Carter, would you care to come up and introduce yourself?"

Sabreena didn't turn around to look at the new kid like everyone else. She was too busy drawing, just another sketch. Just another new kid. She thought, not really caring who he was. Well, that is, not until Katrina practically squealed. "He's hot, Breena! Look look look!"

Rolling her eyes, Breena did look up-- and she froze.

+++

Brendon walked into class a few minutes after the bell rang, earning a glare from the teacher, Ms. Hart. "Take a seat, Brendon. If you're planning on keeping this being late thing up, let me know so I can start locking the door."

"Aye-aye, teacher." He mock-saluted her, earning yet another glare. He got that look a lot. His eyes immediately gravitated to Lily, and his eyebrow lifted. She looked familiar, but he couldn't place from where, and he didn't have time to. Ms. Hart stood and began the lesson for the day. Some stupid short story they were supposed to read then answer some questions about. Brendon doubted he'd do it.

He slipped into the seat beside Lily. Not his usual seat, but he wanted to talk to the girl. Something was drawing him to her. "Hey, there, gorgeous. I'm Brendon."

(( [MENTION=4661]HollyAnne91[/MENTION] I'll make an actual post in a bit, but if you want them to be able to mind speak with each other then that would be cool :3 ))

((Awesome! It could also freak Lily out bc she can hear Brendon's thoughts, and doesn't know why.))

(( Oh my gawd, great idea! But if he is thinking something that you want her to react to, just put it into your post. I don't want to put words in his, erm, mind.))

~Carter~

He groaned, and then sincerely hoped the teacher hadn't heard it. He stood and walked unhappily to the front of the class. Well, his cover was blown. At least Sabreena wasn't looking at him. She was doodling, like always. But as he looked around, she looked up and saw him. The look on her face was.... Amazing.

He grinned, looking away so that she wouldn't know he was smiling because of the dumb look on her face. Remember me? He transmitted a message into her thoughts as he began his introduction to the class. It was second nature to him to be able to put his body on autopilot while he held a second conversation with Sabreena, but he figured she's be too shocked to respond anyway. Once his introduction was over, he stalked back to his seat.

~Lily~

Lily looked up when she heard someone come in late. The guy seemed to take immediate notice of her, sitting down in the desk beside hers and starting to introduce himself in a flirtatious way.

Something seemed familiar about him.... Those eyes.... His mouth, maybe? Oh! It was - nothing. Nothing at all.

"Hello, I'm Lily." She said. She gave a small smile, avoiding the flirtatiousness and just giving a simple reply. I could have sworn I knew him... She thought. But no, now that she thought about it, the stupider she felt. She'd never been here before. Why would she know any of the students?

Just then, she was hit with something. It wasn't physical, but it was in her mind. Words began to surround her, swimming through her brain. She blinked, trying to rid herself of the voice. What the hell.... She thought. It was a deep voice in her mind, definitely a boy's words. But no one was even saying anything other than the teacher, who had finally begun class.

Oh, the things I could show you, sweetheart. Brendon grinned at her. "Lily, huh? That's a pretty name. Where are you from? I'd remember seeing a beautiful face like yours around here." His flirting was way over the top, but its what he was known for. He continued to stare at her, trying to figure out if he knew her from somewhere. From school would really be the only place; she didn't look like the type to hang out at the pool hall he usually hung out at. "Although you do look kinda familiar." The words slipped out before he could stop them.

+++

Remember me?

The words came into her mind and she knew they weren't her own. His face... it so perfectly matched the one she drew just a short time ago. But that was impossible. Carter wasn't real. It had to be some strange coincidence that he had the same name and face as her imaginary friend from years ago. Although the face was slightly different, because the Carter she'd thought up was younger than the one standing before her now. As he stalked back to his seat, she stood. "I have to go to the bathroom." She told the teacher, then nearly fled from the class.

~Carter~

He grinned from his seat as he watched Sabreena practically run from the classroom. So she remembered, then. But something was definitely amiss. She didn't seem to like the fact that he'd been brought to life. In fact, she seemed terrified of him. She must think she's going crazy, he thought. He surely hadn't meant to scare her, but she certainly hadn't taken his arrival well. He let his eyes glaze over as he slipped into her mind, searching the halls for her imagination and pushing his way into it. He could see where she was, and hear all of her thoughts. She wouldn't know he was there unless he spoke to her in thought, but for now he was just checking up on her.

~Lily~

Lily heard his thoughts, plain as day, and didn't like them. If only she could think of a way to get rid of them. How was this happening?! He was somehow broadcasting his thoughts into her brain. Get out. She urged. Suddenly, as if a wall had been forced up between them, the words stopped. Her mind was silent, and she heard only what he was really saying. "I'm not from around here." she said. She didn't know whether she was telling the truth or not, since she honestly had no recollection of where she'd lived before, but it was hard to explain that to someone. I could say the same about you. She looked at him curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back