• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

Gunnery Sergeant Raijin
Like, Miller, Raijin heard the bang, though it was a bit more annoying for him. "Go on ahead, Miller. Make sure J doesn't die. That would be quite a shame."

As soon as she left the four armed alien from earlier joined his squad. Raijin wasn't sure about how it felt about him, especially when he went Rambo with his DES-T on it. Still, he would have to try his best to not piss it off. Raijin didn't offer his hand as the alien walked up, unsure of whether or not it shared New Union customs. Raijin led it down the Corroder, as well as Fireteam Comet and Omaha. This was an uncomfortable amount of responsibility for him, but it's not like there was anyone more qualified for the role of leader. Trying to take his mind off this, he said to the alien. In Smeirc, "Retribution, am I correct? The man over there told you our plan already, so no need to repeat. It would be best if you take on a frontline role with me. We don't have many troops with adequate armor for the role."

As he spoke, they passed by a guard post, drawing the fire of a group of grunts. Raijin yelled at his troops to enter cover, as he stood there with his DES-T providing cover fire. When his troops were in relative safety, he moved behind a wall himself, allowing his IRESS to recharge from the barrage of crystal bolts. He didn't know how the alien was doing but hoped that it was fine. Human, Silentian or otherwise, he didn't want them to die under his command.

J

Fireteam Comet moved up at speed, and I spotted a corridor that looked rather empty. Scans from my AI indicate no hostiles in the area, and it has a 97% chance of leading us to our destination quicker. Immediately deviating, I notified everyone on my comms of the route we're taking, before turning to my men. "Move up! Quick! Nexus has taken out most of the Smierc, use the time to--"

A Sabre Corps straggler that was running point for us was then struck down, and summarily executed with a gunshot that echoed through the entire corridor. We froze temporarily, assessing the threat. Was my AI stupid? I thought there were no hostiles down this route? No matter, only a few grunts, and a human-looking operator. Probably another defector. Or so I thought, until he spoke up.

"It certainly has been awhile... Joa." That voice. I recognize it. It's-- it's Michael. Michael. My god, it's Michael. I know him. I know him, don't I? Do I? I... I...

"Now our reconciliation can start proper, after you left me. But be warned the only payment I will accept is your death!" He said, before charging at me, his sword reared, poised for the kill. I... What do I do? My entire body was paralyzed, from either shock or fear. I don't know which is which anymore. So that... those memories are real. They're real. Are they? What do I do what do I do-

As the man neared me, my Fireteam jumped into action, defending me, with Danny coming in for a football tackle into the man's side, throwing his sword off target, whilst Davo uses his Spear Hands ability to aim for his head, but missed as he ducked down and instead gave him an elbow into the abdomen. Carlieson, clutching his wounded shoulder, begun using his ability to shoot deadly accurate holo-bolt pistol rounds downrange, taking a few points off of Michael's shields.

"The hell's wrong with you, man? Fight!" Davo's voice echoed in my ears, as the man shot me a puzzled look. A grunt rounded the corner, and emptied an entire magazine into Davo's back, depleting his IRESS completely and punching a hole through his physical armor, in the abdomen area. The man screamed in pain, and the grunt moves in to wrap his gun around Davo's neck, intending to at least restrain his movement, if not break his neck. Carlieson and John switch targets, shooting down the two extra grunts rounding the corner, and taking cover as the grunts behind them take cover, and begin taking blind shots around the corner.

Parkins joins the fray with a punch, as Danny was sliced away by Michael's sword, its blade taking a piece out of his IRESS. And there I stood, paralyzed from feelings I could not comprehend. What do I do?

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Gunnery Sergeant Raijin
As part Fireteam Comet and Omaha moved towards the station, shots rang out from Captain Miller's location. Miller was alone, and injured no less. "Hammer, take Omaha and Comet, and secure the station. I'll take the a few men to rescue J and Miller. We're not leaving them behind." Hammer nodded and ran off with Fireteam Omaha while Raijin doubled back with several troops by his side. When he got there he found the soldiers with J being over powered by several Smierc grunts and another armored figure. On top of that, he saw J just standing there while his troops were getting beat.

"J! Get yourself together!" Raijin yelled at a J paralyzed in fear or something similar. Raijin was no stranger to the feeling. He could understand what it felt like to be frozen in fear, but in battle, he has to push through it somehow to keep on living. J's hesitation was going to cost him Fireteam Comet's soldier's lives. Raijin shot a bolt of lightning from his hand to shock Davo and the grunt behind him before aiming his DES-T's beam at the incoming enemies. Slinging his DES-T onto his back he drew his pistol and shot the stunned grunt next to Davo. Raijin's next target was the man who had J's attention. Raijin drew his own sword and dashed in with his RCS to meet the swordsman in close combat.

Michael

I grinned at his inability, raising my revolver to fire at him. I fire a shot but get punched in the meanwhile, my shot grazing his helmet as I hit stumbled. I look to the man who punched me and return the favor, knocking him back then sweeping him with my feet, knocking him to the ground. I holster my revolver and rear my sword up, charging at him again. Although this time I feint right, missing on purpose to slash at his friend who tried killing me.

Captain Ashley Miller
Rounding a corner I saw Michael, his sword slashing up into Davo. I quickly take aim and fire, getting his attention, he looks at me for a moment for springing back into the fight.

Bill
I attempt to stand in front of J, before noticing that this... rogue trooper was now going for somebody else.
"Building a Clockwork Knight, keeping me covered would be alive.."
I take a knee, and start to create metal gears and armor. This should take care of the grunts, no problem.
It's this defector I'm worried about. I hear my drone hover, firing BEP shots at Michael.
Gotta hurry.

J

"J! Get yourself together!" yelled a voice, echoing by itself in my head. I snapped out of my trance-like state, aided by a gunshot grazing my helmet. Gunnery Sergeant Raijin has entered the fray, aiding Davo by dealing with the grunt, albeit Davo was a bit electrocuted in the process, now shaking in place from the shocking voltages coursing through his body. He was taken out of that state, however, when Parkins slammed into him, his balance taken by the Smierc operative, Michael. My friend is about to die, because of... another former friend or something.

Springing into action as I slung my LMG onto my back, I begun to summon a Claymore as my feet accidentally nudged a crouching trooper in my charge. A green Claymore manifesting fully in my left hand, I swing it downwards, striking Michael's sword out of the way downwards, before using my momentum to slam into the guy, pushing him out of the way, before holding it up sideways to swing horizontally to the left, hopefully at least clipping him, and moving out of the way for Raijin to engage. Seems he is moving into close combat as well.

In my pocket of vision, and also my AI's information feed, I see Dav struggling to hold in a bleeding wound, having felt true pain for the first time in a long time. Carlieson is reloading his pistol, made extra arduous by his injured shoulder, whilst Parkins, John and Danny recover from their asswhooping, with one of them hurriedly applying medical aid.

Turning a full circle, I get into position, summoning a smaller Claymore on my right hand and prepare for the next move.

Michael

And now Ash arrived... My day seem to get better and better. I turned to J, sword poised like that of an old Knight, my eyes always trained on him. I suddenly lunge forward, ducking under his arms to take a slash at his leg.

Captain Ashley Miller

Damnit! This isn't good... I mean we have an entire Fireteam here, and he can just... He can just work his way around all of them! I got word that my fireteam reached their destination but I didn't reply, too focused on the fight.

J

With the operator lunging himself at me, I barely had enough time to lower my Claymore down to block his otherwise fatal slash that would've taken my right leg off. Instead, my Claymores wailed under stress, producing sparks of luminous flame as the sword simply scrapes against them, and only ends up scratching my leg, but that alone was enough to make me lose my footing, yelping in pain. As I went down, I had enough wits to swing my green Claymore to the side, scraping his back armor as he rolled forward with his momentum.

A blurred figure ran past me, leaving behind dripping blood, towards the Michael I once knew. As I focus my eyes, I could see Davo being the man, using his Spear Hands ability to try and punch a hole in the operator's face. Unluckily, he missed, but his other hand was in place to 'parry' Michael's sword, that would otherwise have found itself cutting halfway through Davo's abdomen.

As Michael maneuvered to the side, sword raised to finish Davo off, his sword was hit, sending out a spark, as a pistol round from Carlieson hit it. Damn good shot, he was. Thrown off course, the sword narrowly missed Davo's head as he was pulled back by Parkins, who immediately goes for an elbow right into Michael's head. John and Danny are left struggling with the grunts, thankfully making rather quick work of them. Carlieson immediately moves to pull me up.

"Sir, you good?" he asked, voice slightly distorting as his shoulder begun aching again. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine! Keep fighting!" I responded, before running towards the fight. Towards Michael.

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Gunnery Sergeant Raijin
Whoever this guy was, he was good. He was taking on a Fireteam and he wasn't dying. Raijin focused on firing his revolver at incoming grunts as the rest of Captain Miller, J, and most of the others tried to fight the man with the KAISYS. Raijin hesitated to jump in, as the way he fought with his sword did not offer much room for his allies to engage in melee. Still, he wasn't the kind of person to stand aside and let his comrades get pushed around like that. Compromising, Raijin turned his revolver towards the man the others were having trouble with and fired off several shots.

Michael

I feel this was getting to be a bit to much for me... After several narrow misses and some close calls, I decide to cut my losses and go. A revolver round deflects off my armor, the IRESS fully depleted now from app this fight. Now would be the best time to escape. "Perhaps some other time, then." I say aloud, watching J charge me. I easily sidestep him and push him to the ground, vanishing as I did and taking my chance to run.

Captain Ashley Miller

I watch as Michael finally felt overwhelmed, seeing him lose more ground until he eventually... Disappeared? That was a new trick. But it was similar to his vanishing on the ship... Perhaps it was a cloak of some sort? Not now. My feet carried me unconsciously to J as I help him up. "You alright? You took quite the beating..." She said. Michael was no joke, he could probably best most of us in a singular fight. Not only was his swordsmanship deadly, but he was lethally accurate and had a seemingly infinite patience and a tactical cunning that made sure he was never bogged down by plans.

(Hey everyone. Just an update on the RP. Really busy with college at the moment, with all the work being crammed before spring break. I promise to have everything back to normal at least by tomorrow. I should have an update post then.)

Adrian

The Smierc resistance is starting to become overwhelming. Fireteam Nexus is getting bogged down for minutes at a time, when seconds matter. If our strike-force can't finish the mission within the next hour or so, we're going to be in deep trouble. Noa keeps tagging the fastest routes possible to the R&D Department, but there is always a contingency of Smierc grunts guarding the way.

"Alright, we're just going to push through. Stick close Nexus!", I order through the comms.

With that said, I concentrate and activate the Combo Breaker. The group of Smierc grunts are lifted into the air and clumped into a gigantic ball. I let the ball roll down the hallway, covering Fireteam Nexus from enemy fire and knocking the Smierc like bowling pins. Sergeant Amis keeps up the pressure using his plasma waves, scrambling the Smiercs' Bio-Fields and allowing our HoloRifles to deal way more damage than normal.

The ball of soldiers crashes through the entrance to the R&D Department, spreading confusion among the scientists and engineers. The smoke dissipates, and Fireteam Nexus bursts in with a volley of holo-bolts. Once the guards are killed off, I run towards one of the data terminals. I order Fireteam Nexus to shoot any enemy personnel who are trying to tamper the data, but to otherwise keep our ledgers clean.

In the data terminal, Noa copies over all the essential files regarding the Smierc Collective's research efforts. Apparently, the Smiercs learned about the Elders and Patriarchs through captured New Union data terminals. Of course, they weren't able to get the deepest secrets of the Elders until they took over the Cesena-01 Fragments, the only area in the Sigma Sector with heavy redaction from records and security. Once they conquered the Fragments, they learned all they could about the devastating Crepitus Event, and the remains of the Elder temple that starts the process scattered among the Fragments.

In short, the Smierc's WMD, what they named FALA, is based on the Elder temple's Crepitus Event wave.

If they perfect the technology, they can affect bio-targets as well, leading to a controlled extinction event.

I recoil in horror, and order Noa to copy the blueprints for the final weapon, and to delete all the Smierc's research efforts. We can't allow the Smierc to win this war, and kill off trillions in the process.

J

The kick onto the ground was a bit insulting to me. Finally running away, whoever the guy was. And quickly too, since I couldn't find the guy anywhere as I turned round. Some kind of ability? Or training? I hope it's ability, 'cause if Smierc training's gotten that good, then our odds of winning the war just got a lot smaller. My Fireteam is wrapping up business, with Davo sitting down, leaning against a wall while Carlieson treats him. Those wounds might just be enough to put Davo out of the fight for a while. John and Danny return, along with Parkins, who was flicking Smierc blood off of his holo-knife. Guess the Smierc grunts bit the dust.

Being pulled up by Miller, I give her a simple nod. "I'll live. Get your Fireteam in gear. We've still got a mission on our hands." Glancing around in the now silent corridor, I let out a small question, as I quietly spied for any signs of a cloaking device. That Michael guy might still be around. And the hell did they do to him, feed him steroids 24/7? Didn't seem like anything I'd encountered before. A former New Union guy, a really good fighter, turned even deadlier by the Smierc. "What the hell was that guy?"

Standing up straight, my AI opens up comms. "Nexus, you got what we came for? We've got one wounded. He'll live, but further actions seem a bit far-fetched right now, over." I spoke, as Parkins and I helped hoist Davo up. "Bloody 'ell, mate. I'm fine, I can walk!" the man tried to negotiate, limping on both legs. "You stick with me." Parkins replied shortly, throwing one of Dav's arms over his neck. "But... Ah, bugger! Fine!" My friend gave up, leaning on Parkins fully. We're ready to go, once more. I think.

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Perambulation Perambulation

Cpt. Ashley Miller

Ah, shit... Mission, that's right. "Sergeant, where are we with the mission?" I ask, glancing at Davo with a worried look. My Sergeant responds, static obvious, as well as gunfire.

"We are still pushing, Captain, but we are almost at our objective, marking on your map!" He responds, shouting, which caused me to recoil even though it wouldn't help. My HUD lit up with a faint blue arrow that led to my fireteam. "Let's worry on Mike later, for now, we got a job to do. If he comes back... Don't underestimate him." I warn before turning away and following the arrow, handgun raised.

Kabboom Kabboom

Gunnery Sergeant Raijin
When the crazy skilled combatant began to run away, no one seemed to pursue him. The man wasn't too far off, but Raijin's Fireteam takes priority. Still, he thought it was strange, that evveryone would just leave the Smeirc in the KAISYS alone, especially when he basically handed an entire Fireteam their asses. Maybe it has something to do with the surge of energy that emitted from the KAISYS suit. "J, who was that guy? Is he really that dangerous if you guys just let him go like that?"

With minimal medical training, the Heavy Support Trooper decided to check up on Hammer, "Sergeant Hammer. What's the sit-rep over on your side? Over."

"Just peachy, sir. Minimal Smeirc resistance. Comet and Omaha are almost at the station. Get back here soon, or we'll leave without you. Over."

"You can't leave without your commanding officers, Hammer. That's an order. Over." The sergeant pushed out the clip for his Remington Revolver to let the empty holo-bolt shells fall out. He refilled the pistol while he spit out a glob of blood into the interior of his helmet. He was going to have to make some modifications, or else it will get real nasty in the near future.

Kabboom Kabboom

(Sorry for the late replies folks. I repeat, I did not abandon this RP! College is starting to wrap up, and that means it's getting way busier than usual. I'll post an update today and hopefully string it together for multiple days at least.)

(Hello everyone! If you're still watching this thread, you might be surprised to see that notification bell ring. Heirs is coming back, sooner than later. Stay tuned)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back