• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Writing our Sins one at a time

Eddie was doing his best to listen about the merchandise that was being given. Before he could speak he heard shots ring out and yelling. He turned and pulled his gun going wide eyed when he saw a man come up behind Aaron. Quickly he pushed him out of the way and shot at the man, both of them hitting eachother at the same time.

He wasn’t quick enough when shots started ringing. His reaction times slowed right down. By the time he was ready, Gareth had taken out the remaining others in the building and Aaron had enough time to turn and face Eddie, seeing he was already bleeding heavkku and dropped down beside him, pulling him back against him and put as much pressure as he could to the wound. “Ed. Ed you stay awake man. Just keep those eyes open for me. Gareth call a fucking ambulance. We can pay them off but call them.” He snapped, getting Lewis to start moving the bodies to be hidden out of the way to cause less suspicion except the one Eddie hit. “Ed hey come on now, look at me…. Don’t you dare close those eyes.” He begged

Max heard the door go hours later. She came into the entryway hall to see Aaron standing there covered in blood and in shock. Quickly she rushed to him and started checking him over "Aaron? Aaron what happened?!" She asked worriedly once she noticed it wasn't hia blood.

Gareth took a deep breath as they got to the ER and quickly pulled out his phone "Hey Carmen...listen you need to get ready to go. I got a car headed your way to pick you up. Something happened, Eddie got hit. I'll explain more once you get here." He explained to her.

He frowned but didn’t respond, kicking his shoes off and making his way up to the bathroom, stripping off to his boxers and throwing his clothes in the trash, still not saying a word before starting to scrub at the blood desperately until he felt maxs hand close around his and have him pause. “Eddie…. Eddie got…. Shot. Chest. Don’t know how bad yet but he wasnt… I don’t know if he was breathing by the end.” He mumbled, staring at the floor.

Carmen was frozen in place but eventually nodded, getting up and getting her things together, going to wait by the door and got straight in the car to go to the hospital, not saying much and just focused on seeing him and whether he was alright or not.

Max followed him to the bathroom and got in the shower with him. She placed her hand over his to get him to stop scrubbing listening to him as he spoke "Shit....we'll call once you're clean okay? He'll make it babe." She said quietly before starting to gently scrub the blood off of him.

Gareth went straight to Carmen when he saw her comr through the door "Hey, hey come over here to wait." He said softly as he guided her to the waiting area. Once they were sat down he sighed and held her hand in comfort "We got ambushed, he got shot in the chest. They're in surgery right now for him. He uh....he was barely breathing when the ambulance got there."

She frowned and shook her head. “Has anyone called Rick?” She asked. As much as she wanted to fix this herself she knew that doing so would jeopardise hers and eddies safety.

He shook his head and frowned more “I was too slow. I should have sent someone else… I should never have gone” he muttered. “I need to make some calls.” He told hee once he was cleaned up, getting out the shower to go find his phone.

Gareth nodded giving a heavy sigh "I got another guy handling that right now. He'll probably call me about it soon." He murmured watching her "You need me to get you anything?"

Max frowned deeply but gave a small nod "Okay, I'll be in the room." She murmured before she let him leave to go make his calls.

She shook her head and just sat there waiting, chewing at her nails a little and watching the doors carefully for any movement.

He was on the phone for most of the rest of the day until he finally hung up and stood to go get a drink. He immediately fell over, groaning a little in frustration. He needed to be on top form right now and he just was f and it didn’t seem to matter how hard he pushed to be alright it just wasn’t happening

It was hours later when a nurse came out looking for them. She ushered them back and up to the ICU area and into his room where they had him sedated. "The doctor will be in shortly to talk with you, but I can say for now he is stable."

Max frowned when she heard a loud thud later that evening. She went down to find him on the floor and quickly rushed to his side "Hey....hey you okay?" She asked as she helped him to sit up thankful that he wasn't passed out this time

She frowned but thanked her, taking a seat next to the bed. “Get men to cover security for the room. If they catch wind that they didn’t take him out then they might try again.” She frowned, worried sick about him, not liking that he wasn’t breathing on his own at all.

He frowned and closed his eyes for a minute then nodded. “I uh…. I need to go down there. Rick will probably go down and he won’t be happy if he hears I’ve not been around.” He muttered.

Gareth gave her a nod and looked at his phone as it started to ring "I'm going to step out real quick, its Rick." He murmured to her before leaving her alone with Eddie.

Max nodded some and gave a heavy sigh "You want me to stay here or go with you?" She asked softly

Rick frowned and leaned back in his chair “what the fuck happened? Is he gonna be alright?” He asked frowning. Eddie was like a son to him. “I’m sending a couple guys over to the hospital for security. They should be there soon.”

Aaron shook his head. “Can you uh… can you come with me?” He asked her frowning, just worried right now about what the others were thinking about or saying about him and how he handled the situation.

Gareth sighed heavily as he shook his head a bit "We were ambushed, we took our eyes off the doors to look at the product. Didn't get a good look at the guys but I think one had Irish ink on him." He explained quietly

Max nodded and held him some "Yeah I'll get ready real quick." She said softly before kissing his forehead and helping him up.

“Shit. Alright, send out some of your boys. Arm them heavy and go find out what you can. But Gareth answer me becfore I come down. You know I don’t like surprises…. How is he doing?”

He nodded and slowly stood, texting Gareth that he was on his way down in a few minutes.

Gareth took a deep breath and sighed heavily "He wasn't breathing when we left....its not looking good Rick, he got hit straight in the chest." He explained quietly

Max came back to him and took his hand in hers while they left "Alright, lets get down there." She said quietly

Aaron nodded and frowned. “Listen… Carmen is gonna be there. I know you want to help people. I know it’s in your nature to be nice … but uh… please keep distance from her. I don’t trust it.” He told her gently as they got in the car, his hands still shaking. “And I don’t think I’m gonna get to take that vacation just yet. I’m gonna have to step in for Ed while he’s down.” He frowned some, just wanting to get away somewhere quiet and sunny with his wife for a while

Rick frowned but nodded. “I’ll be down in a little while. Kelly’s got dinner on the table for me and she’ll have my head. But we can discuss more later.” He told him and hung up.

Carmen looked up when Gareth came back in and frowned. “Hey… no change. Doctor said it missed his heart but went through a lung and got lodged in the spine. Thankfully no damage to the spinal cord but he’s gonna be in a lot of pain and it’s gonna take him time to recover from this…. They’re giving him another blood transfusion later…. He lost a lot.” She frowned, holding his hand tightly, wishing his fingers would wrap around hers.

Max nodded as they drove "I'll stay back, you have my word." She said softly before falling silent for the rest of the ride. She was now more concerned than ever about all of this. Scared that maybe this decision to move back wasn't the best idea for them.

Gareth came into the room after he finished his phone call. He frowned deeply as he looked at his friend and nodded some "Shit....Aaron is on his way and Rick will be by later." He explained

She nodded and frowned a little. “I uh, I’m gonna go grab a drink. I need some air.” She told him quietly, stepping out of the room to go have a cigarette and grab a drink, needing to calm down.

Aaron parked up once they arrived and headed inside with her, going up to the room he was in and frowned a little seeing it was just Gareth in there. “Hey… how’s he doing?” He asked quietly, sitting down

Gareth looked up when he heard the door open. He sighed heavily seeing Aaron "Not good...bullet punctured his lung and got lodged in his spine. No spinal damage thankfully but he lost way too much blood." He murmured

He frowned and looked over his best friend, shaking his head a little. “He looks so lifeless.” He muttered, keeping max close to him.

Carmen walked back in, in time to hear Aaron’s comment and scoffed. “Talk like that again and I don’t care who you are to him you’re out of here.” She snapped, taking a seat and taking eddies hand in hers again.

Max gave a small frown but stayed close to Aaron and kept her mouth shut when she heard Carmen. She gave his arm a small squeeze and sighed softly.

Gareth gave a heavy sigh as Carmen came back into the room but nodded "Rick will be in shortly. Can we talk?" He asked Aaron and motioned for him to step to the side near the door.

Aaron frowned and nodded, giving maxs hand a squeeze and headed out of the room, “what’s going on?” He muttered, running a hand through his hair. “Gareth you should go home and get some rest, I’ll get Lewis to come up here in a while so you can go home for a bit.” He frowned

Carmen glanced over at max and shook her head. “Is Aaron okay? I know he was there and I know work has been stressful for everyone. Gareth said Eddie pushed him out the way anyway. I don’t blame him.” She mumbled

Gareth frowned some and gave a small nod "Listen, I just want you to know I got your back while Eddie recovers. I know things will probably shift to you for the time being. So, anything you need, just let me know." He said quietly before he grabbed his things to head out.

Max looked over at Carmen and frowned some "He is exhausted and shaken up. He needs rest but I know the job is leaving little room for it right now." She said softly before sighing gently as Aaron came back in "Everything alright with Gareth?"

She frowned but nodded. “It’s the nature of this life unfortunately. We all chose it.” She muttered, glancing up when Aaron came in glaring at her.

Aaron nodded. “He’s fine. I sent him home. Alright. Cut the bullshit I’ve had enough of both you and Eddie running me round the bend…. Who the fuck are you and where do you get off thinking you can speak to me like you do? I understand Eddie is my boss so to speak. But you are not. You’re just his girlfriend. Not even his wife so who the fuck are you?!” He questioned Carmen, practically backing her into a corner

Max went a bit wide eyed at how aggressive Aaron was being once he came back into the room. She rarely ever saw this side of him "Aaron, I'm not sure if this is the best time to be asking-" she said but got cut off when he sent her a glare and told her to be quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back