• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Writing our Sins one at a time

He frowned not liking how he was looking right now and pressed the call button a little discreetly. “She went home to shower and hopefully take a nap in a bed. She hasn’t left this room til now. But she’s coming back don’t worry.” He told him

He groaned quietly, laying back and panting some, struggling to regulate his breathing a little

Eddie nodded as his breathing started to get a bit worse. He closed his eyes tightly trying to consentrate on his breaths but soon enough he was wheezing badly and his alarms were ringing.

Max frowned deeply as the nurse came in to check him over "He just woke up and got sick." She explained to her as she began to look him over.

He groaned in pain and tried to keep focus on her but everything sounded distant and it wasn’t long before he was spluttering out blood and shivering uncontrollably while she called for help and had max moved out of the room.

Carmen was just finishing up packing a new bag to take down when her phone rang with Gareth’s number frowning. “What’s wrong?” She asked quickly just having a gut feeling that he wouldn’t call unless it was bad

Max gulped as she got out of the room only to see Gareth doing the same from across the hall.

Gareth frowned deeply and immediately called Carmen when they pushed him out of the room "Somethings wrong, dunno what but his breathing got really bad. His alarms were going off and they made me get out of the room."

She frowned and swallowed a little. “I’m on my way in two seconds. I… what’s wrong with Aaron?” She asked hearing crying in the background and recognising maxs voice, waiting before hearing what was going on with him and shook her head. “Gareth I know I’m not in charge here but if I were I’d say to check staff. For both of them.” She told him quickly

it was only a couple more minutes before they were taking a crash cart into Aaron’s room and shutting the blinds so max couldn’t see in, a nurse slipping quietly into an elevator far away from both rooms and sending a text to her boss to let him know it was done and hopefully taking affect already.

Gareth frowned deeply when he heard Max start crying and nodded "You read my mind; get here as quickly as you can." He explained when he saw the crash cart go to Eddie too.

Max began crying as soon as she saw the crash cart go through "No! Whats going on?! He was fine! What did you do to him?!" She yelled as thet started taking her away and to the waiting room.

She agreed and hung up, calling Rick to ask permission to help while she drove down there, worrying about Eddie but wanting to keep busy. She arrived to minor chaos and found Josh trying to keep max calm while Gareth made calls and she headed for him. “How’re they doing?” She asked hesitantly

Gareth shook his head some and gave a heavy sigh "No idea, no one has come to get us yet. Max is freaking out, Josh is a better man than me because I would've kicked her out." He muttered pinching the bridge of his nose.

By the time Carmen was back Max was sat down and taking deep breaths to try and keep calm with Josh. She was scared to death and worried that it was too late for not only Aaron but Eddie too

Carmen frowned and looked over at her, shaking her head, “Rick has given me permission to help. I’ve got a couple phone calls to make.” She told him, hearing them
Call Aaron’s name.

Josh got up with max and fllloeed to where they were explaining that he’s stable for now but he was down for a lot longer this time and if it happens again they weren’t sure they could help him.

Gareth sighed but gave a nod keeping an ear out for Eddie's name. It wasn't until Carmen was coming into the waiting room when they called his name again.

Max took a shaky breath as she listened to the doctors and nodded some "Thank you, did you find out what caused this?" She asked quietly

She went straight over, pulling her hoodie around her tighter. “Can I see him yet? Is he… is he okay?” She asked worried, not liking how solemn they looked.

Josh walked into the rokm with her anfter they said they didn’t know what had happened and took a seat in the corner frowning some. “He’s too pale.”

The doctor frowned and gave a heavy sigh before nodding "Yes....he uh...we barely got him back." He said quietly to her before letting her into the room. Eddie now hooked up to more machines than before and back on the ventilator.

Max nodded and took a deep breath as she stared at her husband "He was doing okay...someone...someone had to have done something."

She frowned, sitting down by the bed and shaking her head. “Gareth could…. Could you give me just a few minutes?” She asked him quietly, taking eddies hand in hers.

Josh frowned. “I’m not privy to what Gareth knows but I’m sure they’ve already started working that angle.” He told her.

It was another week before Eddie regained conciousness. He was groaning at 3 in the morning trying to figure out what was going on and why it was so dark. He quickly closed his eyes when he saw the lights flick on.

Max was away if the cafeteria getting some food when she got a call that Aaron had woken up. She rushed up to his room and frowned seeing how dull his blue eyes looked. She looked at the nurse and took a shaky breath "Is he okay?"

She frowned and shook her head, pressing the call button. “He’s awake but he’s not responding.” She explained. “They’re gonna take him for a CT scan in a minute.” She told her. “He’s probably a little stuck right now. Sometimes it takes a lot longer than we would like for them to actually wake up…. It would probably help for you to sit with him.”

Carmen frowned, waking up to noises in the room and got up, going to get the lights on, heading back over to Eddie and pressing the call button “hey, hey just relax sweetheart. Just relax someone’s coming to help okay?” She coaxed. She was exhausted, between getting her own contacts to help with the digging to find out what was going on and not wanting to leave Ed alone again she hadn’t been sleeping much.

Max gave a heavy sigh but nodded softly "Alright thank you." She said quietly before getting up and sitting at the edge of the bed once the nurse left. She stroked his face gently and gave a small smile "Hey handsome....you don't know how happy I am to see those blue eyes." She whispered

Eddie relaxed a bit when he heard Carmen's voice and reached for the tube in his throat wanting it out. He frowned when she pulled his hand away and gave a small glare of disapproval.

She frowned and shook her head, holding his hands. “No baby don’t do that…. I know it’s uncomfortable but they’re gonna come sort you out okay? Take your time.” She coaxed

He managed to move his eyes towards her a little but still wasn’t fully looking at her and the only other movement was some involuntary jerking in his right shoulder every so often

Eddie stopped struggling and just reached slowly for her hand. It was another fourty minutes before a nurse came in to look over his vitals and soon enough take the tube out. He immediately put his hand to his throat groaning some.

Max took a shaky breath and stayed by his side while they took him down for the CT scan. She stood outside of the room tapping her feet nervously.

She frowned and tried to soothe him but it had been a whole week of the tube in and all they could do was give him orphine which he was refusing, "Scoot over if you can." She murmured, pecking his cheek and trying to get him to make a little space for her to she could lay with him and he could lean on her.

His doctor came to speak with her after while they took him back to the room, "IT's better than what I expected." he told her, "A lot of this can be reversed, it will take time and it will require a lot of patience but we can work with it.... However it is still not a guarantee that he will fully recover. The only way we can be sure is see how it goes." He explained, gesturing for her to go back into the room with him

Eddie did his best to scoot over for her. He immediately let his head fall to her shoulder as she sat beside him and sighed heavily. He closed his eyes tightly as he tried to relax as much as possible.

Max bit her lip hard and sighed softly "So we won't know if there is any brain damage until later?" She asked quietly while following them into the room and sat beside Aaron again.

He shook his head "No there is clearly damage.... It's going to take time for us to work out how extensive it is." He explained. "We're pulling all sedatives from this point on so hopefully he should be more awake by this evening." He told her, leaving them. to privacy again

Carmen frowned and kissed his head, trying her best to soothe him still "You rest love... Work is being handled. I don't want you worrying about a thing until you're stronger." She told him, gently rubbing his arm

Eddie was asleep again within minutes after that. About an hour later he was up again and groaning some looking at her "I....i..ice." he croaked out as he reached for her.

Max thanked him before letting a few tears fall as she watched Aaron. It was another few hours before he was waking up again looking a little more with it now.

He frowned watching her this time and tried reaching for her but everything felt heavy and he couldn’t get any words out with how dry his throat was.

She nodded and got up to get him some, bringing it back and sat with him again, helping him out, gently feeling his forehead noticing he was a little cold, getting another blanket for him

Max frowned deeply and got up "Give me just a mimute okay?" She said softly before she went to get some ice chips. She came back quickly and did her best to help him "Here, just let them melt." She said softly

Eddie took the chips and gave her a soft smile "I....I love you.." he muttered quietly to her.

She smiled, holding the cup of ice chips for him and held his free hand with her other, kissing his inked knuckles “Loce you too baby…. Let’s get you better now.” She murmured.

He frowned but nodded slowly, eventually able to talk just a little. “What time is it?” He mumbled, thinking he’d only be out for a couple hours overall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back