Other Why did you pick your name?

my name used to be quinntessential on everything (since my name is quinn), but i decided to just go with a physical descriptor of myself recently. idk why.

Tsurene is a combination of “tsuki” and “serene,” both relating to the moon.

Technically, I should’ve used “selene,” but Tsulene doesn’t look as good.

Mine's from a TCG I wish I could play, the card being called Elaborate Tactics. I just think it sounded neat/funny/cool/had nice rhythm,

Jester is derived from the Old French word jestour, which essentially means storyteller.

And I am certainly a teller of stories.

I like to think my name reflects my writing. Like a good meal, good stories need a little bit of this and a little bit of that :xFsmile:

It's mostly because it just sounded cool to me. But it does have some meaning both to the word and how I've used it in the past.

Maverick usually means an unorthodox and independently minded person. I looked up the word after playing metal gear rising. Six is just a number I chose to reference SEAL Team Six.

I used this name on another website, where I wrote an private army from the perspective of a series of main characters apart of that army. All of whom functioned in a superhero universe as a consequence of humanity being trampled by powerful superhumans. It was a fairly well received, morally grey faction that would add a bit narratively to the world. Who did things defending countries from supervillain armies and alien invasions....to using their clout as an excuse to sometimes hunt down misunderstood metahumans and conducting genetic experiments. (One of which was a character who got loose.) They tended to be a powerful and oppressive entity to some. While also being seen by others as a necessary evil because of otheir evacuation efforts and ability to function on a larger scale than most heroes could and the existence of what today would be metas who are close to homelander in personality and as great (if not greater) in power. It really served as a good narrative tool for me to worldbuild with as well as keep in mind the reactions/role of players.

It was a fun thing I did when I was a lot younger. A lot of things about it worked enough for me to write it for years. Some things I noticed didn't. It left a profound impact.

It was a good run and I don't plan on writing it anymore. It really required a unique set of events to happen that really are player specific. Hence why even when I asked to write it for other superhero universes, I more or less said I couldn't because nobody had done the things that lead to an entity like that existing really. But I have fond memories of a long lived concept that had around 6-7 main "characters" tied to it.

So I use the name in memory of it. Especially since many of my friends tended to call me Maverick or "Mav" anyway.

I'm the type of person who still believes in stuff like wishing wells, and I love puns, and I love supporting people, so the name WishingYouWell was born

My best friend started calling me a swamp witch because I am always around some type of animal in my stories of daily life... And I like silly word puns!

Since I have changed my username.. new post on this thread!

1. I changed my name to this to stay mostly anonymous to the people I could possibly know irl. (And if I do become popular online/on social media I don't want people being able to hunt this down and hounding me)
-to note.. I do know that people can check what my previous names were, but that requires more effort and actually looking into me

2. I read homestuck when I was younger and liked Gamzee.

3. In the game Town of Salem I used the name Gamz. In order to use a basic name, and to not associate myself with the character I took off two e's

4. I was making an account for something and Gamz was taken so I just went with GammyWamzee. I don't know how I came up with this combination, in particular but it works.

Have loved Egyptian culture/lore since I was an itty bitty kid. So its always been a kind of thing I like to identify with via names, designs and art in writing or drawn.

So i have been seeing a different variety of names many of them have different meanings or they are just them. I started to wonder.... Why? why did you guys choose your names? I choose mine because it means "the eye" refering to god. I have always been a watchful person for others and also means hot spring i always had a connection with water. hby
My name irl is Rowan (picked myself because it sounds nice) and just Rowan was taken so, Rowan.idk meaning i don't know.
creative is me

Username used to be FangS31 ( Fang S = Fang the Sniper = My favourite sonic character. 31 = birth date)

My new username is the name of my fursona, Whiskey (the Pine) Marten.

I used to go by Codex after a few friends watched the Guild and declared I was basically, well, Codex. But after a few years, I wanted a new, poetic-sounding name to go by online that represented my interests and wasn't something intentionally yoinked from someone else's IP. Stanza was an easy choice, and one of my best friends immediately christened it by ungracefully shortening it to Stan. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back