[The Seven Deadly Sins] Chapter 2:1 Howlcrick

"My title is Emperor, and my given name is Viktor, with a harder k sound," he corrects the Solar. "And I would still prefer to look at the original - it is so very finely crafted - but there is time for that on the way."

On the way out he stops at the librarian's desk. "We are purchasing your copy of The Story of Evil from the back room. I am well aware you were not intending to sell it, but this is not negotiable. This should cover it." He drops a heavy purse of jade and silver on her desk and walks out without waiting for a reply.

"What? Stealing from mortals is beneath my dignity. And I will expect some reimbursement if you intend to keep that copy, by the way."

"Finders keepers, but I promise to share." He said, patting his bag jovially. Upon leaving he too plopped down a bag of jewels the size of a child's fist, easily matching, if not exceeding, Viktor's donation. "Consider this payment for services rendered." He said, walking out of the library.

Helping a group of Exalted, even indirectly, save the world was worth a bag of precious gems.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Librarian is about to protest before Kyros plops down the second bag of money. She is clearly conflicted over the "purchase" but the large sum of money keeps her silent. You leave before she snaps out of her stupor.

All of you make your way back towards Kyros' ship as Xentair joins you upon the ship as well. "Now, where to?" he asks.

Wren pauses her katas as she sees her companions return to the ship. "Ah. You heard my message about the ruins just out of the town? They may prove to be valuable. So, have you any ideas which Sin it is in this area, and what form it takes? Are all the Sins weapons, or do some of them have other forms?" As she talks, she steps up to wrap her arm around Kyros' waist and pulls him close to her.

"Victor found us some information about a First Age ruin, and Nimbus managed to secure us a tome detailing the Sins. All in all, a very good start."

"Indeed, likely the same ruins that you mentioned, lady Wren. Confirmation is always an improvement; shall we take off, and study the book on the way?"

"I can hardly take all the credit. We were rather reliant on Viktor's skills to get through the door." Nimbus says, his features changing from generic to his own distinct face.

Wren lets out a little chuckle. "You may have to fight me for the first look at it. Just kidding, of course. But I am very interested in what this tome has to say for us about the various Sins, and how this one in particular affected my past Exaltation. Perhaps we can look it over together?"

Aldiminius nods, agreeably. "Of Course.. of course... perhaps I might even risk peering into my own past Exaltations memories.."

"So far only the captain has seen it, so we all share that desire." Nimbus says with a frown. "But he has promised to have it copied so we can all read it."

Wren composes herself. "I have waited this long without seeing it; I can wait until copies are made to examine the knowledge contained within. While the scribes are at work, we can be on our way to the ruins that we have heard about."

"Everyone will get to see what's written, I promise. But for now, lets rest a while while we wait for the ship to take us to the ruins."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back