[The Seven Deadly Sins] Chapter 2:1 Howlcrick

Seeker of the End

Two Thousand Club
Ira's instincts have led you to the Port Town of Howlcrick, a small town in the South. Children are laughing, and business is plentiful here in this small corner of Creation. It seems peaceful and holds a warmth that your are almost unaccustomed to. It's hard to believe that a Sin would be here of all places.

"Ira said that the Sin did not awaken," Xentair states, "But rather it reappeared out of nowhere. It must have been active and awakened for a while. But what could hide the sin here of all places?" he mused to himself.

"Perhaps it hid in Yu Shan or Malfeas, or somewhere else in Creation that was hidden from Ira's senses," Viktor muses. "As for why here... just look at the place. Would they not enjoy introducing misery where none exists?"

"The last Sin was pretty blatant in how it manifested it's power. I'd guess that this one is far more subtle." He said thoughtfully. "Alternately, perhaps it has not yet gained a host." That would be ideal, but things were rarely that easy for one of the Exalted.

WarDragon said:
"Perhaps it hid in Yu Shan or Malfeas, or somewhere else in Creation that was hidden from Ira's senses," Viktor muses. "As for why here... just look at the place. Would they not enjoy introducing misery where none exists?"
"You forgot the Underworld Victor. We are fairly certain that one is in the hands of an Abyssal correct?" Tshav reminded the Surpernal. "The worst case scenario is that there is an Abyssal near by but...there is not enough death around here."

Wren opens up her mind to see the flows of Essence in the area, remembering that the last time, the Sin showed up like a beacon in her Essence Sight. Lets see what we can see.

[dice]2204[/dice]

"The Sin that has awakened is Pride." Xentair mentions, "It is... special for a lack better term. It has a powerful positive and negative connotation. She would need to see the Sin to confirm a theory that she has. She won't tell me what it is until we see the Sin itself, but judging by her reactions it can't be good."

Wren's essence sight doesn't manage to see any sort of beacon of essence like before. Everything looks... normal. You will need to do the search by hand. Just using essence sight won't help you here.

"Is it possible that the sin is using the collective pride of the entire town?" Nimbus wonders aloud. "Or a single villager's pride in his town. Because this place seems far too good to be true."

Wren continues to look about. "I do not see any sign of the Sin like I did in the last town. It is keeping a low profile."

You see a moonsilver and orichalcum mirror in the hands of a young woman. Her hair is golden and her skin is white as snow, but you can only see the back of her. She throws the mirror into ornate chest and slams it shut before falling to her knees and crying.

Your vision is taken over by another vision. It is in the courtyard of a castle, the young woman in shackles sits in a guillotine as two dragon-blooded look over her. She looks over the jeering crowd and smiles gently before the blade cuts her head from her shoulders, letting it fall to the ground with a thump.

Lastly you see a vision of a large army marching through the sands of the desert, their destination unknown.

"Hmph." Viktor was about to open his mouth to speak when Kyros called 'dibs.' Trying not to be sour about it, he says "I suppose any Exalt would have a claim to that one. I wonder which connotation it is manifesting at the moment... were there any results of your scrying, Captain?"

Smoke trickles from his nostrils as Viktor ponders and ruminates for a moment, seeing if the descriptions jog any memories from his long life of travel and scholarship.

Only 3 sux on my Int + Lore roll.

[dice]2205[/dice]

Wren chews on her fingernail as she ponders Kyros' words.

[dice]2206[/dice]

"The castle you're describing seems to hail from the First Age." Xentair mutters, "The Usurpation, by the appearance of the dragon-blooded." Viktor draws the same conclusions based on the luxurious description of the castle. Kyros also manages to figure out that the third scene will take place in the present. Roll Intelligence/Perception +Lore please.

As Wren contemplates upon the scene, something happens. She stumbles briefly as memories deep in her shard began to surge forth.

You smile as you are led in via the chains that bind your essence and body. The guillotine stands before you, clean of blood. Even with the bindings you wouldn't have tried to escape. It would defeat the purpose of being here in the first place. All is going according to plan. As the Dragon-blooded lock the guillotine collar into place you see a familiar face in the crowd. Hidden in a cloak and in your clothing is your beloved sister. The mirror told you that this day would come, so you made preparations so that she would survive. Your twin sister tries to smile for you, like you told her to, but the tears in the eyes prevented her from doing so and she barely manages to hold back her anguish and despair.

You hear a whisper in your ear, 'You know what will happen to you, correct? Your soul will be taken for
his creation.' You smile, 'I don't have any regrets. If I must die for my sister... So be it. You know why I made my decision to make a contract with you, Superbia.' You smile once more at your sister before the guillotine comes falling down and you know no more.

Wren briefly turns pale as the impact of the memories hit her. "Great Luna! I remember that, because I was the woman being beheaded. It was to save my sister that I went to the guillotine without a struggle." She describes the scene from her point of view, hoping that it will jog the memories of the others.

Xentair blinks, "I see..." He then frowns, "Do you remember your name? That might help me with determining the vision."

Your incarnation's name is Allen Lucifena, servant and brother of Lilliana Lucifena, the Daughter of Evil. Elios and Aldy will know who she is, a 14-year old Solar who ruled briefly at the very end of the Reclamation. She was tyrannical and very selfish, but you and your past incarnation loved her all the same.

"Allen Lucifena. My sister was . . . Lilliana. I am struggling to remember, but what I do recall is that I loved her deeply, enough to sacrifice myself to save her."

"Lilliana Lucifena?" Xentair repeated, "You were the brother of the Daughter of Evil?" he shakes his head, "How could you love her after everything she did?"

Kyros manages to recognize the name from his studies, Lilliana Lucifena was a prime example of why the Solars were killed during the Usurpation, cruel, greedy and tyrannical. It is likely that Lilliana and her brother were the Sinners of Pride. It doesn't give you a clue to where the Sin could be right now.

"She was a Solar." Stated Kyros simply. "It is easy for others to be caught up in our mania, especially those who are close to us." Like the Sun that was their patron, if you got too close to a Solar Exalted, you risked getting burned.

Wren shrugs. "You are asking me about something that happened to another incarnation of mine, thousands of years ago. I don't know details on these people and what they may or may not have done, but I can say this; love can put blinders on a person's eyes, and keeps them from seeing the truth that others can see. That doesn't excuse any of the crimes done by Lilliana, but she was my blood."

The Draconian Emperor rolls his eyes. "I am so glad I burned all those wretched, inherited memories on my transcendence. The only good thing they or my Coadjutor ever did for me was keep each other occupied."

Wren nods in acceptance at Xentair, then moves into the town. As she walks, she muses, "If the Sin was closely associated with my past sister, perhaps it will be found interred with her remains. I think that would be a good place to start our search."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back