• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dark Era

Cornered and held at sword-point, Magnus looked at her through the small shadow that concealed most of his face due to his worn hat. He raised his arms in a surrendering manner, best not to go any further or else blood will be shed, either his or the assassin's.

"Ah, I won't run, my dear." He replied, his eyes focusing on the blade. His messy brown locks rested at the floor of the concrete, looks like he'll have to take a bath, if he survived.

"I suppose you're looking for the Magroth artefact too? I'm sure it will be a waste of your time, since it isn't valued in money at all. If it was, treasure hunters will be here already."

Magnus was telling a half-truth, if those existed. He heard of the artefact being a treasure only for those who look at it. But he doesn't know what it actually was.

"Charming hair you got." He muttered under his breath.

"I am only here to retrieve the artifact for King Jumia. He has asked it of me and to kill whomever I encounter trying to reach the obeject as well." She explained quietly, her gloved hand gripping the blade tightly, ready for use as she finally began to walk towards him, eyes trained on him at every moment.

"I care not for the value and have no idea of any power, I ony want to be paid." She said finally, though when he made the comment if her hair, she paused, frowned beneath her mask, and thise golden orbs barrowed down at him, "My hair has no charms..." she said, in a rather confused manner.

"Green, in some arts, is portrayed as the colour of life." Magnus answered, his arms still raised. He was thinking her response over, King Jumia has paid her to retrieve the artefact. He sighed quietly, amusing. She must be a top assassin to be requested by a "King."

"Well, then. You can retrieve the artefact since I'm only here to observe it, nothing more." He replied, glancing behind him. Nope, wall was still there. He can't break down a solid wall in this form, and it would be a waste since the architecture was pretty decent.

"Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I mean no harm, even though I tried to shoot you several times."

When she tried to sit up Nialla found that her arms were tied to the bedposts with rope. They were prepared for her, as usual. "How did you find me?" She asked, pulling her uninjured arm forward to test the rope. It was sturdy, of course. Those three never missed a detail so simple.

The tallest one, an orc standing a full foot over his two companions, looked to Nialla with a dark grin. "You know our king. He never lets his children leave his sight for long." He didn't explain much, of course, leaving her to assume that one of her weapons was traced. That was unfortunate, she liked her blades.

Nialla grinned back at the orc, trying to seem as confident as possible. Between her hands being tied to the bedpost, her still injured arm, and inability to transform without being filled with migraines, she was at an extreme disadvantage. They were well aware of her injury and tied her to the bedpost themselves, but they had no idea she couldn't turn into anything. She had to keep them in the dark about it for as long as possible. "Why are you here, Rock? What does our great and powerful king want with me now?" She mocked him by using the nickname he hated, she wanted him angry. Angry people were stupid people.

He twitched, but as far as she could tell that was his only reaction to her use of the nickname. "Well obviously we aren't here to kill you, or you'd be dead," He began, his voice as rough as it had been when they last met years ago. "The king is upset with your betrayal, but is willing to pardon you if you can do him a simple favor."

He paused for several seconds, giving her the opportunity to taunt him again. "What's taking you so long, Rock? You forget how to think again?"

That got a reaction, almost immediately began to shout, his face red with anger. Orcs always were easy to upset. "If Jumia hadn't given me strict orders to let you live I would have you flayed inch by inch, making sure to keep you alive for every moment of it just so I could hear your screams. Ever since you humiliated me in front of our lord I have wanted nothing more than your head on a pike, and as soon as he doesn't want you around, I'll get be there, ready to end this miserable pile of filth you call a life." He was breathing heavily after that, a scowl on his face as he looked at her.

She kept grinning, he fell right into her trap. They had to still be in the town, there was no way an orc and two humans wearing heavy armor could just walk outside with an unconscious woman on their shoulders. It had to have taken effort to get her as far as they did without getting caught, and now it was all a waste. "I wonder how many people outside heard you." Nialla said, still grinning.

"Kill the king and queen of Ingo, or else I will do everything in my power to make you want to die a billion deaths, and keep you alive for as long as I take pleasure in hearing your scream." He and his companions left her alone as soon as he finished, in a hurry to escape before someone investigated the source of the noise.

Nialla didn't scream, shout for help, or do anything to get the attention of a passerby. Their hurry to leave proved her point, and someone would get to her eventually.

She hoped.

"Arts?" Once again the assassin spoke in a confused tone. The poor woman...she had no idea what he spoke of. She knew nothing of art or literature, not a single detail.

When he claimed to have no ill will towards her, she was even more confused, "You say you mean me no harm, yet many a time you have tried to kill me...and I only tried to kill you once." At that last statement, Linette removed the black mask that covered her face and pushed it into a pocket in her pants, revealing the face of a young and seemingly delicate woman with long pointed ears hidden in the green depths of her hair. She would look completely innocent if not for the long curved scar that cut across her right cheek. "Just move aside and I will not kill you for such deeds."

She listened to the two people's conversation. They talked about an artifact. She stood up and grabbed a medium sized box from a windowsill. She wondered if they meant whatever resided in the box. She walked towards where she heard the voices. She made it to where they were. Standing behind the two people she held the box out.

"Can you help me?"

She looked at the box. It was source of her misery, it talked to her constantly. Feeding her murderous thoughts.

Aaron replies, "That's Charon, leader for the damned." "Charon, meet Indicus, a human adventurer." Aaron shot fire up from his hands and lit some torches.

"Sir, are you planning to go to Hell?" Charon asked.

"Maybe, if Indicus wants to come with me," Aaron replied. He looked around and put his hand into the pool of the red liquid. "So, how would you like to come to Hell?"

I looked at him and shrugged, "Why the hell not, might as well give hell a visit it will be an interesting change of pace then previous events." I chuckled at my own joke trying to wrap my head around the fact I was doing what many told me to do the irony was not lost on me. "Well, a lot of people wanted me to go to Hell as well." I chuckled at the bad jokes, trying to get over the shock of the offer.

Magnus raised a brow. He did vaguely say that he didn't mean to shoot her, it was technically self-defense since she attacked him first. Although, It would be unfortunate if the assassin did die, by his rapid fire. But things die some time, anyway.

The assassin finished speaking and removed her mask, revealing a delicate, charming face of an elven woman. Her long pointed ears were tucked by her odd, but pretty coloured hair. Green.

Again, before the rugged man could answer back or even comment on her appearance, the same voice that echoed in the ruins interrupted him. Magnus peeked behind the elven assassin to locate the voice, since it sounded pretty near. A new comer was behind the elven assassin, holding out a box and asking another question.

He sighed, he hated the voice of the begging, even if it was for help.

Magnus lowered his arms since they were aching from being held up for too long.

"We have company, it seems."

"I'm Annika, and his name is Khal," The young elf beamed with a smile. She was suddenly curious as to why the woman had been hurt, so she asked, "Why were you in the forest bleeding? Did something attack you?" She glanced over at Khal for a moment, then rested her eyes on Esme again.

Esme blinked a couple times. "Well... Some orcs got ahold of me, but I wasn't expecting them to... And I almost got my arm hacked off by one of them." A swelling pain shot through her briefly and she gasped, putting her hand over the spot.

"I'm fine... It's nothing, just a little cut from a few days ago." She lied. Suddenly, she heard a long shout as if someone was yelling at someone else. But that was no ordinary voice. It was the voice of a male orc, deep and scratchy. Her head short in the direction of the shout and ran aways toward it, putting her hand on the handle of the katana.

"Theres an orc here..." She said. "That's never a good thing."

wuvs

'Can you help me?'

The whiny voice sounded from behind her and Linette turned around when the rugged man said something about her. She saw the figure from which the voice came and narrowed her eyes, thise pale pink lips curling up in a slight snarl and she walked forward, pointing the blade she still held in her hands directly at her and snatched the box from her hands, backing away but she held the blade pointed up, "I do not help people." She mumbled and turned back around, cracking the box open a slight bit to see its contents.

"A-are you sure you're ok?" Annika asked, eyeing the woman warily. When she heard her comment about the orc, her mouth fell open. She had never seen a real life Orc, she was scared of them, and now there was one here? Very slowly she took a tiny step closer to Khal, hoping he would protect her.

All went silent. Esme couldn't take it anymore. She pulled the katana out of her holster and ran in the direction of the shout. No matter how much the breaks hurt, she ignored them and turned the corner quickly and lightly. She hid behind some crates and watched. A silhouette of an orc was fallowed by two shorter people. Humans maybe? Once they were gone, she crept over to the shed and pulled open the door.

Inside was the girl who helped her, tied to a bedpost. She slid the sword back into it's sheath and rushed over to untie her. "You helped me, now I repay you." Esme said, undoing the tight knots the ropes had in them.

She flinched slightly as the woman snatched the box from her. She didn't like the fact that the woman pointed a blade at her, she had done nothing wrong. She wondered what was in the box, she had a found it in what she assumed was a study. She was curious as to what was in it but, since the woman didn't like her she turned and walked away. Most people didn't like fallen angels especially her. She couldn't help it, in way she wasn't really herself. More an empty shell of her formal self.

"So, that's a yes I guess," Aaron replied. "Drink from that chalice, and it will turn you into a spirit until you come back." He filled the chalice with the red liquid and gave to Indicus. He then had a silent laugh, and said, "Drink up."

I took the chalice and drank the red liquid hoping for the best, the drink tasted quite pleasant actually but at the same time very bitter. Something that should have been impossible but some how was quite possible. I finished the drink and waited for it to take affect, on me and hoped to what ever was listening that it would not hurt.

As much as Magnus wanted to see what was in the box, he took this chance to run pass the elven assassin and the strange new comer. 'The artefact could be inside that box', the thought kept ringing in his head as he fled back to where the knocked down door was.

"The entrance was supposed to be here, what happened to it?" Magnus muttered out loud as he stared blankly at the concrete wall that had the knocked down door lying in front of it.

Was it a trap? Or did the newcomer seal them in here? In other words, the rugged man was trapped with them. He had an option on turning into THAT and breaking down the wall to freedom, but then again, he wouldn't actually be free if he was in that form. Magnus threw his head back and groaned quietly, his hand still holding onto his hat as he did so. There could be an exit somewhere else and he didn't want to end up going here for nothing.

She smiled as the man ran towards the wall.

"Where are you going?"

She tilted her head to the side, large grey eyes looking at him.

"You can't go that way anymore."

She had sealed the door, they were foolish enough to walk into her labyrinth. She held control now. She turned and started walking down a hallway that, was previously not there. She was enjoying herself, leading them on wild goose chase.

When Nialla saw a woman rushing into the room, katana in hand, she panicked, thinking of how to escape. When they recognized one another, the stranger sheathed her blade and helped untie Nialla from the bedpost, to her relief. After the woman had finished, Nialla took a good look at her. She was young, younger than Nialla by at least a few years, and beautiful wasn't near enough to describe a woman like her. She seemed combat able, with some experience behind her, enough to fight two orcs and live, at least.

"Thank you." Nialla said, rubbing her wrists after they were finally free. "I'm Veri, Veri Silvers." Nialla extended a hand, giving an alias to the woman."I guess we're even, then?" Nialla joked, hoping to get a vibe on this stranger's personality.

Khal just listens to the conversation between Annika and Esme J, still watching their surroundings until Esme takes off after the situation that involves the orc. Khal turns back and pulls Annika closer to him still before leading her after the departing woman, his own hand resting on one of his swords. He is completely annoyed at Esme because he knows she was lying about not being in too much pain. Khal had located the break in her ribs, but he doesn't have the skill to heal it and decided it would be best just to let her be. However, he did not expect her to run off into a stressful situation that could make the break even worse.

When he catches up, he sees her untying someone from a bed and he pushes Annika into the room softly before standing in the doorway and blocking anyone from getting in. His sword is partly drawn as he stands in a protective stance, waiting.

Annika was silent, thankful for having Khal seem to understand. "Are we going to see an orc?" She has whimpered softly when they were making their way to the building. Once inside she switched her gaze from the two woman, and then to Khal.

"I hope that if you ever see an actual orc, that you are in no danger from it and there is no violence required. However, that species is quite violent and likes to use, abuse, and kill any that aren't orc and even some that are." Khal glances at Annika and hopes his statement doesn't scare her, but gives her the significance that running into an orc is a danger.

Her eyes widened, because it did make her scared, and she would take extra care to never run into one. After a moment she nodded meekly at Khal, and then stepped back to lean against the wall without a word.

Suddenly, they were in Hell. And Aaron no longer looked human. Instead, he was an eight foot tall beast with a white body and a red torso. He now held a long staff with an axe at the top.

"Welcome to Hell, Indicus."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back