• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dark Era

She started to wake up from the fall. Her abdomen was sore and pain pinched through her. She let out a yelp and she removed the corset, and felt her ribs through the fabric of the undershirt. She pulled back in pain and a shriek escaped her lips. She had broken a few ribs. She clenched her fists, digging her gloved hands into the rich soil that supported the grass.

She started crying coldly, trying to retain the painful sensation. "I've been punished... Master Angel has punished me with this..." She said through scratchy sobs. She removed her shoulder plates and loosened up a little. 'Come on Esme...' She thought. 'Ingo is close.'

wuvs

She listened, a little disappointed he couldn't explain further. She didn't pry though.

"Oh. I travel around. I like this are," She said simply. Wondering if he liked to wander around too. Maybe it was just her though.

"I like areas like this forest as well. Being a ranger, I travel around a lot of areas like this one. I make sure that the animal life and plant life are in good health and that they aren't being mistreated by people if I can help it. And I try to do so as peacefully as possible." Khal sighs is sadness due to how often being peaceful fails compared to actually working. "So, what do you plan to do now?"

"Oh.." Annika listened to his response. "Me? I don't know. I might follow you for a little while..." She said uncertainly, looking up at him hopefully. She didn't want to just follow him if he didn't want her to. She was basically asking for permission.

Khal shrugs and unfolds his wings from their cramped placement against his back. "If you would like to accompany me, I have no issue with it." Khal begins to lead the way back to his semi-usual patrol route. "I have no exact destination in mind. Do you have someplace you would like to visit?"

She grinned happily. "Thank you," She spoke. She skipped after him while responding, "I never have a destination in mind. I usually only ever look for food, sometimes a proper place to sleep," She said simply.

Esme folded her corset, while tears of pain are dried on her face. She picked up her shoulder plates and looked around. Every breath hurt. The nearest thing to her was a forest just a small distance off. It was closer than Ingo. She began on her way, and noticed a small ring of stones with animal bones and sticks in the middle. Her eyes widened. Orcs were near.

She couldn't face any orcs... Not now, with broken ribs... She instantly froze when she heard heavy footsteps behind her. She turned her head slightly an saw two huge greenish arms try to grab her. She ducked and the pain from the brakes pinched her and she winced. She dropped her bundle and rolled out of the way. The orc drew his axe and swung it at her. She figured she was in his territory.

She drew her katana from it's sheath just in time to block the blow, an for her to roll away and get up. The pain from the ribs bit harder on her. The large male orc swung again and grazed her arm, tearing the strong material. A female suddenly came from behind and slit her side with the tip of a dagger. Esme whirled around implanting the blade into the tall female's throat, twisting it and making her fall to the ground, dead.

The male swung his axe and embedded it into her shoulder, cutting the bone, and pulling the axe out. She wished she had her shoulder plates on now... She ducked and cried out, ignoring the heavy gash now in her shoulder, an impaled the male orc in his middle, making it come out the other side. She pulled it out and ran it through again, making him fall forward. She saw their troubled souls exit their bodies and they wandered about aimlessly, unsure where to go.

Esme slid the bloody katana back inside it's sheath, and picking up the shoulder plates and folded corset up with her good arm. She left the axe wound open as she bit down on her bottom lip trying not to wail. She wanted to get to that forest for cover quickly, and after a few long moments, she was there, and she collapsed and leaned against a thick tree, panting heavily, placing a hand over her deep gash, and pulling it away, feeling the blood soak through her glove.

wuvs

Last edited by a moderator:
Khal looks at her in surprise when she answers. "Do you have no home to return to every day?" He is still walking but now is quite concerned about this young elf. After a few minutes of thinking, Khal decides he will make sure she is safe if he can.

As the two of them travel, a scent on the wind catches Khal's attention and dread. "Blood...," he mutters under his breath before altering his course and heading towards the origin of the scent. As he walks, he pulls out his bow and notches an arrow as a precaution. "Stay behind me Annika," he tells her in a stern but careful tone.

After about thirty minutes, they find the source of the blood: a woman bleeding out as she lays against a tree and two dead orcs a bit away from the forest's edge. He unnotches the arrow and puts his bow away before approaching the injured woman. "Miss, do you need help?"

She jumped at the sudden voice. She looked up. There was a smaller girl with him. "Their souls... They're straying... " a jolt of pain rushed though her as she tried standing up. Her gash was gushing and she placed a hand on it, gasping in pain.

"I need..... I need to go to Ingo...." She managed to say. Her face was pale. "There's f-food there..." She stood up and took her hand off her wound and looked at it. The blood was coating her glove. She started panicking silently. "Please help me..." She whined. The image of Master Angel flashed through her mind. "He's going to punish me." She said quietly.

wuvs

"No. I haven't had a home for years," Annika replied simply.

She followed him silently, wondering if something was wrong. She saw what it was when they found the bleeding woman. Her eyes widened with surprise.

Nialla was no stranger to orcs, having served alongside many when in Hommeus, but the kind that lived in the Badlands found unlike any Orc in Hommeus.

They were brutal, with speed and strength to match some of the best fighters in Hommeus. She had been unable to sleep since she entered the Badlands three days earlier, the risk of being captured or killed by roaming bands of the creatures was too high.

When she finally found someone who wasn't an Orc, they seemed to injured to be of use, so Nialla left them to die. It wasn't until she saw a duo approach the dying stranger that Nialla chose to turn around and help.

She rushed to the side of the woman and quickly pulled out makeshift bandages she looted from the last group of orcs who attacked her, not even bothering to greet the duo. She carefully wrapped the bandages around the woman's shoulder, hoping for an easy patient.

Storing the information that Annika just told him, Khal makes sure she is safe behind him and focuses on the injured woman in front of him as he notices a figure change direction and head towards them. The new person seems human, but Khal notices a slight flicker of air around her skin that is a tell-tale sign of a shapeshifter.

As the shapeshifter begins to bandage up the injured woman, Khal tries to figure out a plan to get her taken care of. She wants to get to Ingo, but he would not be able to fly her there fast enough and he is unwilling to leave Annika behind with a stranger. Deciding on a path of action, he whistles a high pitch tune that summons a friend.

Within minutes, a young black dragon is seen flying towards them all. When the dragon lands, Khal walks over to it and pats its muzzle. "Thank you for coming Osiris, my young friend. I need to ask a favor of you." Khal turns and points at the injured woman before speaking more, "She needs carried back to Ingo and I have neither the strength or speed to get her there in time. Could you please take her and I will be close behind?" When the dragon nods, Khal leads him over to the woman and begins to get her ready for travel, not worried about Osiris dropping her.

When she is safely on the dragon and Khal sees the bandaging the shapeshifter did is intact, he lets the dragon take off ahead of them. Turning back to the two females, he bows to the shapeshifter. "Thank you for your assistance with the woman. It is much appreciated." Facing Annika now, he gestures her over. "Come on Annika, we need to catch up. You get your chance to fly now." Khal also gathers up the woman's left behind items.

Esme was looking behind her at the ones who helped her. She didn't even get to thank them, but the elf with wings that summoned the dragon had surprised her. As the Kingdom became closer to them, the dragon descended and landed in a small space between two houses. He let her off there and he gently supported her with his head. The part they landed in was a small home lot. There weren't any people around, but she definitely could hear people in the distance. There was a slight ring to the voices, they were most likely elves. Ingo was heavily populated with elves...

The dragon helped Esme make her way to the small crowd. She realized she had left her corset and shoulder plates back where she was earlier. The dragon eventually left Esme on her own, not far from what seemed to be the main square in the kingdom. She looked up and saw the towers of the castle. The sky seemed just a touch brighter in Ingo...

She walked past a few other villagers and started looking for a place to rest. She came across an inn that had the appearance that it was run down some. She pushed the door open and a woman looked up from a table. "Is there a vacant room?" She asked, placing a gloved hand on the left side of her ribcage, where most of the breaks happened.

"Shouldn't you seek a doctor?" The small woman asked sorrowfully as she looked at Esme's shoulder with the bandages wrapped around it.

"I just need a place to rest up..." She replied.

"Alright then." The woman said, seeming unsure what to do for Esme.

Once Esme got to the small room, she closed the door and latched it shut, removing her top to examine her ribs. There was a big dark bruise on her left side, and a few smaller ones on the right. She looked at the cut the female Orc gave her. It wasn't overly severe. Looking at the bruise, Esme was surprised she was still able to walk after that fall.

wuvs

"You said something about Ingo?" Nialla asked the stranger as she watched the dragon fly off. The last time she was in Ingo she was killing a lord who defected to Ingo in search of better protection. That murder got her face on posters all across that country, but surely after three years they had forgotten.

Annika watched silently. There were so many people! turning her head she saw a dragon and her mouth dropped open in awe. Khal seemed to know it, which made her even more impressed. Eventually the wounded woman was gone with the dragon, and it was just the stranger, Khal, and her. Then it would soon just be the stranger.

With a grin Annika hurried over to Khal, her eyes bright with curiosity and excitement. Were they really going to fly?

Khal looks at the shapeshifter and nods. "Yes, that is where she asked to be taken and so I sent Osiris ahead. If you plan to follow us, that is your choice, but I will not be carrying you since I will be carrying Annika here." He gives her a pointed look, "However, based on your ability, I don't think that will be an issue, will it?" Taking a careful but secure hold on Annika, Khal opens his wings to their full wingspan before jumping into the sky and starting to fly them towards Ingo.

Annika clung to him, basically smiling ear to ear. She had never flown before, and was more then excited to do so. She was sure she wasn't scared of heights, because she was always climbing trees, sometimes until the highest point.

Suddenly Khal jumped into the air and she watched in wonder as the ground grew smaller. A small giggle escaped her.

"Of course not, I was simply clarifying." Nialla told them before the duo flew off. "I only wanted to know where you were going."

Nialla grimaced at the thought of returning to that country. She would be lucky to end up within a foot of their border without being shot full of arrows, and luckier still to get inside the city alive, but the Badlands weren't exactly a hospitable place either. It was a tough choice, risking imprisonment for a crime committed long ago or risking death by Orc.

Her choice made, Nialla transformed herself into a falcon and flew behind the duo to Ingo, prepared for whatever may come.

Aaron was patching himself up when he saw a flying elf and a falcon in the air. This was one of the first times he's been in the real world and not Hell. Was this what elves looked like in the real world? He thought.

He also sensed that the falcon could be a shapeshifter.

"Crazy world, it is," Aaron muttered.

Sent from my elevator

using the sexy tapatalk.

Indicus was running from some local guards into a forest in the badlands, the gaurds caseing him were shouting the usual. "Come back here thief, you won't get away!" He just ran and lost them in the forest. Once that was over he took a breather, when he noticed a dragon flying away and a falcon following it after a winged elf said something. A child elf was next to the winged elf.

Aaron walked up behind the stranger in dark armour and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, who are you? And the badlands are not a place for a human." Aaron told the stranger. "By the way, I'm Aaron, but you can call me Nebulas Sonak.

Sent from my elevator

using the sexy tapatalk.

Indicus turned and looked at the man that called himself Aaron holding his hand to a dagger as a precaution, "I'm an Adventurer to put it simply. As for the badlands, this is not my first time through them." Not seeing the harm in giving his name Indicus continued, " For my name, you may call me Indicus."

Khal is oblivious to the two newcomers that just recently arrived as he flies away with Annika in his grasp. However, he does notice that the shapeshifter has decided to follow them to Ingo. "So Annika, do you enjoy the view from up here?" He looks out over the treeline and sees the sun starting to dip behind the horizon. He enjoys the peace of the sky and the sounds of nature that carry on the wind.

Aaron laughs.

"You don't need a dagger, and if your thinking I'm human, I'm not," Aaron laughed. He then gestured for him to follow him. "Come." He then started walking past a couple of trees and down some stone stairs into an underground temple.

Sent from my elevator

using the sexy tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back