• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Supernatural Teenage Drama

Ryder hissed a string of obscenities when Dexter shoved him backwards onto the rocks, sustaining a four-inch-long gash on his left arm. It was bleeding nonstop, but his worry for the other boy smothered the pain and he shot to his feet to go after him. As soon Ryder stood, however, he experienced mild vertigo and had to sit back down, holding his head. He had used his power for too long, having had it in effect for at least four hours while they searched for Hara.

'Blue jays are mean,' Alec told her, closing his eyes again. He was starting to worry about Ryder and Dexter. Sitting up, he asked, 'Could you send a spirit to go check on Ryder and Dexter? It's been too long now. Something's wrong.'

Miuna nodded and instructed a spirit to do just that. Within moments, she sat up and crossed her legs again. "Dexter's walking this way alone. He's really distressed about something and his eyes are super puffy." She listened to the spirit again. "Ryder's sitting somewhere farther back. He's got some cuts on his arms and he's holding his head. Maybe he has a headache." Miu shrugged and ran her hand through the grass. "Wanna go look for him?"

'I'll go find Ryder. You want to find Dexter?' Alec stood up and stretched. He sighed and started into the forest again, following his trail back into the forest. He stopped when he smelled blood, but he couldn't scent anyone except Ryder. Continuing into the clearing, he trotted over to the older boy. 'What's wrong?'

Dexter continued to trump through the pain that he now felt as he walked. None of it made sense to him, why was this happening to him? Who the hell would be f*cking with him to this extent?! He was pisśed to say the least. Before long he could sense Miuna's odd presence and finally found her nearby. He stomped his way towards her at a faster pace.

Miu nodded again and hopped to her feet, turning around only to run smack into Dexter. "Oh. Hey," she greeted, stepping back and rubbing her face. "You got here quickly." Upon closer inspection, she noticed how bloodshot his eyes were. In fact, his entire being seemed to be in shambles. "What's wrong? Is the thing bugging you again?" It seemed as though a beacon of darkness surrounded Dex's head, an obvious sign that the spirit still had a hold of him.

Ryder looked to see Alec, eyes narrowed. "Ah, it's nothing. Just overworked myself a bit. I'm the same kind of shifter as you, so fully shifting like that for so didn't really agree with me, to put it nicely." A smile twitched on his lips before he grimaced again. Something wet dripped down his arm and he moved to cover it up, not wanting Alec to see the gash. In all honesty, Ryder was ashamed of it. His power had prevented him from getting hurt in years, but the combined lack of energy and emotional stress made his response time later than usual.

Dexter slowed to a stop in front of her, his face blank but clearly with an irrational state of mind. He gripped both of her shoulders gently, his arms shaking violently. "Tell me who it is. Who did this to me?" His voice was unusually calm and firm, it was unsettling considering the state he was in. He suddenly felt his familiar power wash over him and he repeated his words. "Do. you. know. Who did this to me." he said again with impatience. Her silence was deafening and he felt like he was being mocked. He waited for any reply, the only thing he cared about was answers.

Miuna's eyes widened when he gripped her shoulders, triggering the memory of how Trent had pinned her against the wall in her dorm room. "I-It's a spirit. A girl. Her name's M-Marceline and she's acting in the school play." She averted her gaze to the side, her voice growing smaller and weaker. "Let me go," she whispered, hands shaking. Hints of what seemed like a mental breakdown were grasping at her. So this what a trigger is, she thought, finding it it harder to breathe.

Amusement glinted in Alec's eyes. 'You realize I've been able to smell your blood since before I got near you. Let me see it.' He nosed Ryder's hand away and looked at the cut. 'Geez. How'd you do that?' Alec asked. 'You need to stop the bleeding before you go anywhere. And clean it. It already smells funny. Do you want me to do it?'

"F***," he muttered as Alec pointed it out. When asked how he'd gotten it, Ryder rubbed his neck with his free hand. "I tripped. Not a big deal." When he took his hand off of his neck, however, he found it coated with blood. "Okay, um, what?" Disbelief crossed his features as he touched the newly found wound at the base of his neck. "That actually... kinda hurts..." No wonder he felt so lightheaded. It wasn't just the lack of energy eating at him.

Alec moved around him and looked at the back of his neck. 'Don't touch that again. It's got a lot of dirt and crap in it. I can clean it, and it'll heal faster my way, but it's kinda gross.' Alec sat down. 'Do you want me to help or get you back to the nurse?' He knew there was something Ryder wasn't telling him, and he assumed it involved Dexter. But he wasn't going to waste time asking about it now.

Ryder shrugged, then winced as he jostled the gash. "Whatever's quicker. I don't care either way." A thought popped up in his mind immediately after he finished talking. "Don't you dare f***ing lick me," he warned. "There's a stream nearby. I can clean it there. I did that for Dexter." His eyes widened. "Oh, s***. I need to find him. He's super hurt across his abdomen. I bandaged him up with my shirt, but after I helped him, he bolted."

Dexter listened intently, the name 'Marceline' echoing in Miuna's voice in his mind. He narrowed his gaze into a snarl as he didn't know who she was talking about. His gaze was piercing through her, his pupils dilated as he looked at different spots on her body for any indication that she was lying. Most of what he was getting was a response out of fear. He blinked once before his grip slowly faltered and he released it from the girl's shoulders. He hadn't been to the play practice at all since he got here and he cursed internally at not being able to know who he was supposed to be looking for. "Where is she? This ends tonight." he stated, all signs of sadness and anger seeping his tone.

Alec sighed. It really wasn't that bad. Ryder had already lost plenty of blood, and seeing as he was already exhausted, couldn't afford to lose much more. "I told you, it'll help you heal faster. Don't be such a baby. And don't worry about Dexter. Miuna went to find him. They're probably already back at the school.' He tilted his head, eyes flashing in the moonlight. 'Now let me see the cut on your neck again,' he told the older boy.

As soon as Dexter let her go, Miuna backpedaled until she was several yards away, taking a moment to get her breathing under control. "I don't know. I don't-" She felt her chest tighten and paused to catch her breath again. "I don't know where she is," Miu started again, her voice low and firm. "She's able to walk both realms. Your best bet of catching her is to die." The realization hit her that he was likely to go after the spirit anyways. "Don't even think about it. You're hurt. If you try to find her, I'll stop you."

Ryder grumbled numerous protests under his breath, but lowered his head so Alec could reach it. Now that he had realized its existence, the cut seared with pain unlike anything he'd felt before. Pain wasn't a familiar concept to him, and he had no wish to make it any more so. "Just hurry up, then. I'm not good with spit."

Alec leaned forward and licked the cut clean. When he was done, he backed up, tongue hanging out of his mouth. 'Whatever was in that cut tasted disgusting,' he grumbled, wiping his tongue on his paw. 'The bleeding should stop within a minute or so now. What about the cut on your arm? Has that stopped yet?' Alec glanced around the area, noticing a bloodstained rock. Must've been what got Ryder's arm. And sure enough, another rock was a few feet away, also coated with blood.

Dexter growled at her words and knew that she had a point, but he was too stubborn to admit it. "F*CK! F*CK! F*CK!" He yelled pounding his fists into the ground as hard as he could after every curse he uttered. He began banging his head into the pavement as well. A patch of blood forming there after about 4 consecutive hits in the same spot. "I CAN'T F*CKING DO THIS BULLSH*T ANYMORE! I LITERALLY CAN'T STAND IT-I CAN'T DO SH*T- RAAGH!" he bellowed. His pounding subsided and he was flattened himself on the ground, staring at the white dots in the sky in a blurred daze.

Miuna watched in silence, not bothering to stop him. When Dex finally stopped, she settled down next to him, her knees tucked underneath her, and placed a hand on his bloodied forehead. "Such a violent spirit," she murmured, getting a feel for the fraction of the being inside his head. "I'm going to try something out. Please stay still." Leaning down, she turned her ear towards his head, listening with care. "It's restless. I can calm it down for now. Do I have your permission?" she asked, glancing at Dex's pained eyes.

Ryder glanced at the gash on his arm. "It's fine. It's slowed down a lot. You don't need to lick it." He ripped a leaf off of a nearby branch and covered the cut with it, sighing at the coolness of the dew. "Anyways, thanks. Let's head back, though. Dex seemed pretty... distressed, to put it nicely."

Dexter remained still, his mind in shambles at the moment. He done some damage just now and the throbbing in his forehead and his knuckles were the only thing his mind focused on. His eyes slowly tilted to the blur of orange that was Miuna's hair, his breathing now regulating itself. He managed to move his head in reply to her next question. "Please do." He murmured quietly.

Alec transformed into his human form and rotated his neck slowly, sighing as his muscles relaxed. "So. Would you like to share what happened or should I shut up and follow you?" He offered his hand to Ryder to help him up. "You gonna make it back on your own?" Without Ryder asking for help, Alec pulled his uninjured arm across his shoulders to steady him.

Ryder glared, but let himself be aided. "It's not that big of a deal. These giant cuts came outta nowhere on Dex's stomach, so we stopped to patch him up, which is why I'm shirtless," he explained, realizing it may have seemed odd. "Then I tried to comfort him and he started hugging and crying really hard, but he shoved me into the rocks with all he had and bolted." Ryder ran a hand through his hair, careful not to trip on the roots beneath them. "It's that thing in his head, I think. It's getting worse."

Miuna nodded and pressed her lips to Dex's forehead, transferring large quantities of compulsion into the spirit. On a normal occasion, she wouldn't have had to touch him, but such an immense amount of compulsion required this kind of contact. It couldn't be channeled otherwise. After a couple seconds, she pulled back, eyes drooping as her energy escaped her. "That should keep it dormant for a couple days, during which you can find her."

Alec sighed, helping Ryder through the woods. He carefully avoided the rougher patches of trail. "That's... Well. Dexter's usually more stable than that, so I'm guessing it's the spirit or whatever it is." He sighed. "He's like a brother to me now, you know? Only one who's stuck around all these years. He better end up okay, or I don't know what I'll do."

Dexter inhaled deeply in a breathy voice, his eyes dilating to its original shape, some of the redness paling out. He sat up, now with a clear mind and he stood back up. "Let's... forget I did that, kay?" He mumbled with a frown. He thought about going back to the dorms, but he wanted to apologize to Ryder before he headed back. "Let's go back, its been a long asś night."he stated with renewed vigor.

"He's gonna be fine," Ryder assured both Alec and himself. "Miuna's good at what she does. She'll fix him." With a nod, he freed himself from Alec's grip and swayed before righting himself. "I can walk now. You can go on ahead. I'm gonna find the other two and see if they're alright. It's pretty late." Without waiting for a response, Ryder split from Alec and jogged towards where he hoped the pair was.

Miuna stood up with a great deal of effort and held out a hand for Dexter, helping him up. "Ryder's heading this way right now. I'll leave you two alone. He's probably worried sick about you. I would be, if the person I cared most about was on the edge like you are." With that, she backtracked towards the school, reentering campus on shaky legs. Her energy level wasn't looking too hot, but a couple hours of shut-eye would fix that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back