• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Supernatural Teenage Drama

Jordan smiled slowly starting to feel better, "Yeah, sure. I'd like some company!" She started to get up and headed for the cafeteria exit. "I have to stop in Emotion Control, Close Combat, and Calculus classes." She always felt a little nervous about saying emotion control, because she didn't want someone to think she was unstable, but she knew Ryan knew about that part of her power, so she calmed herself.

Ryan followed Jordan and nodded, "Actually in Calc, all we did was review limits and graphs...but I guess he'll explain it more clearly when we get there". He looked down the hall, "You seemed pretty happy when Mr. G assigned you Juliet. Do you enjoy acting?"

Jordan flushed slightly embarrassed because everyone else seemed disgusted about having to be involved in the play. Disgusted, or at least uncaring. "Yeah. I like acting a lot. I used to get involved in a lot of plays when I was younger. Before I knew about my power really. What about you..? Are you happy to be involved, or annoyed like the others?"

After a small conversation with Dexter, the free-spirited girl headed to the cafeteria to get her lunch. Several people stared at her when she passed, giving her odd stares as she conversed with her spirit guide. 'Ignore them,' Yuki told her. 'They're just scared of you.' Miu spotted a couple of familiar faces sitting together, but figured they were better off without her company. It seemed pretty heated, and her presence would likely make things worse. Grabbing a couple of rolls and a wedge of cheese, Miu drifted out of the cafeteria and sat on the front steps of the school, chewing absentmindedly as she studied the spirit world's activity. There were times when it was terrifying to even peek at it, but on sunny mornings like this the usual demons were replaced with soaring pterodactyls, hummingbirds, and everything in between. Finishing off her meal, Miuna noticed a couple of girls pointing at her and caught a bit of their conversation, realizing that they were talking about her role as the Nurse. "That's right," she remembered. "I'm in a play. Do you think I'll be a good actor?" Yuki shook her head, eliciting a giggle from Miu. "Yeah, me neither." Tossing her tray in the trash though it was supposed to go back in the cafeteria, the teen skipped through the halls, searching for something to take her mind off the fact that her spirit eye was aching beyond belief. This phenomenon had only begun occurring recently, ever since she had begun talking to some of the more demonic spirits and tortured souls.

"Don't touch me," Ryder hissed, batting away the girl's hand that pulled on his arm. This was the fourth time someone had approached him asking for info about what happened the previous night. "Maybe if you pray hard enough, God will zap the answer into your deep-fried f***bin of a brain." That shut the girl up and she quickly scurried back to her friends. Despite the tears threatening to flow from her eyes at any moment, Ryder couldn't bring himself to maintain proper etiquette that day. He had one hell of a migraine and didn't want a bunch of freshman girls luring info out of him via subpar flattery.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I guess you can say that deep inside I'm happy about it. Though I am kind of embrassed to admit it since...I'm sure most people never thought I would be in a play. Especially as Romeo" Ryan responded lowering his volume during his confession and raising his volume back to normal afterwards.

Jordan grinned and looked at him, "I don't know Ryan, you kind of got this talented aura that surrounds you. From what I've seen, anyways." She thought for a moment, "Besides, who cares what others think of you. You got to do what you enjoy." She said the words, but kind of felt like hypocrite, for she almost was always self-conscious of what people thought of her. Might as well take your own advice. She thought to herself.

Ryan laughed a little, "Really? Okay then Juliet. I will listen to your advice". He looked at a classroom, "Isn't this your emotion control classroom?" The room had signs that read the different emotions...it also had mathematical equations everywhere in it.

Jordan smiled and nodded then looked at the board, "Yeah... Hm. I guess you never know what to expect in these classes anymore. Just give me a sec." She went up to the teacher and asked about what she missed, and for an explanation about the board. She went back to Ryan more troubled then before, "Yup. This is a weird class." Shaking her head she started to walk out.

" sure! I would love to go with you"

Richard left with Charlotte to the cafeteria. When they a arrived . Richard saw a couple of students pointing at them and gossiping. Richard hated that. He raised his hand and have the students a terrible allusination, Richard saw as they ran away with fear. That would teach them that gossip is bad

Ryan laughed then continued walking, "Really? What did they talk about? Happiness, sadness, anger, hatred?" He ran a hand through his hair as he looked for the close combat room and waited for her answer. Ryan knew where the room was becuase he waved through the window the previous day.

Charlotte looked at the students ran away and laughed. She knew Richard gave them something that would give them nightmares for a long time. Richard was the first person who decided to be nice with her since she joined the school, she felt glad to find someone to talk to.

" Good job, illusion man"

Jordan laughed softly and looked at him, "All of them and how there all like mathematical equations. My teacher had a weird explanation. I'm kind of glad I missed today." She smiled. "So, out of curiosity, what exactly is your power?"

"Enhanced physical abilities...basically enhanced strength, speed, senses, combat, muscle memory, agility,..etc." Ryan responded. "And you can feel other people's emotions right?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow.

Jordan smiled impressed with his power, "I bet that's fun!" She replied. Then she looked away, from his question, "Yeah. I can do that, and... Some more. More unimportant stuff." She shrugged and looked back at him.

"It is, I mean it has its ups and downs like any other power. I doubt the "unimportant stuff" is unimportant. It's a power for a reason" Ryan said wanting to find out what else she could do. He began to see the close combat room come into view.

Dexter left the lunch area early so that he's have a head start in case they were dismissed. As he walked down one of the longer hallways he witnessed the scolding that a guy in beanie dished out to a group of underclass girls. He approached from behind him. "Fear the almighty Zeus!" he exclaimed in a fake booming voice. "Well that was rather brutal.." he remarked walking in the same pace as him.

Jordan nodded understandingly to his first remark then shook her head nervously when he talked about her power, "No... I don't... I don't want to freak you out..." She looked down, frowning. "It's unimportant."

Ryan responded looking at Jordan, "Jordan..Juliet it won't freak me out. Every power is important trust me". He was speaking the truth and nothing but the truth. He thought speed was useless until he learned that he could run to Italy and get pizza. Just kidding, he knew speed wasn't useless. However he had a firm belief that every power has its own way of being important.

Jordan sighed, figuring this questioning was coming. Why did she have to bring it up? She realized with a shock she had messed up last night as well in her outburst at the infirmary. She had mentioned her power there, and she wondered if the others had really focused on what she said. Sighing Jordan stopped in the hall and looked at Ryan. "Okay... Fine Romeo..." She closed her eyes nervously, "Don't panic, okay?" Opening her eyes back uo she said, "I can read peoples minds, but I have a block and I hardly pull it down. I promise."

Ryan smiled, "That's cool! So you can tell your opponents' next move during a fight!" He stopped outside the close combat room, "It's a pretty important power especially for this class". The teen gestured to the room. The power was pretty interesting to him.

Ryder ignored the loud guy and tossed his trash, making his way to his next class. Since his entire first half of the day consisted of normal classes, he found himself perking up at the thought of returning to ability courses. Despite that ray of joy, he was still in a foul mood when a group of fellow juniors noticed him. "Don't come towards me. Don't come towards me. Oh, look. You're coming towards me," Ryder muttered, trying to ignore the incoming flock of pricks.

"You're that Ryder kid, right?" one of them called, stepping towards him. He was one of the most popular kids in the school- one of the rare torturers- but that didn't deter the partial shifter from giving him a displeased glare. "Hey, hey, chill. I heard you beat up some ungifted yesterday. That true?"

Ryder ran a hand through his dark locks, trying to keep a cool head. "Sure, if that's what you heard," he dismissed, resigned to the fact that he couldn't dispel every rumor he came across. "Not that it involves you in any way whatsoever."

The torturer raised an eyebrow, his smile faltering at Ryder's grim expression. "You tryin' to pick a fight, freak?" he muttered in a low voice. "You and I both know how this is gonna end. I heard you can't even shift all the way. Like, you can only do body parts. How lame is that, right?" The crew of guys behind him snickered, reveling in the kid's horrible commentary. Ryder wanted nothing more than to tear the guy's throat out, but sometimes taking the high road was necessary to stay out of confinement. Picking up his books, the evolver turned to leave, but the torturer wasn't satisfied with his anticlimactic response. "Hey, I'm not done with you. Hey, retard!"

At that, Ryder snapped. "You think you're so f***ing cool, don't you? Just 'cause you got a big mouth and an even bigger ego, you think you can say whatever the hell you want and get away with it, right? This is the day when that ends. Because believe it or not, there are people here who actually wanna learn and become stronger so that when the dam finally breaks between the ungifted and the gifted and s*** hits the fan, we'll be able to defend ourselves against f***bags like you who can't be bothered to take their powers or their school seriously. You act all big and talk tough 'cause, inside, you're just a little boy who's still scared of the boogeyman and would leap under his bed at the slightest hint of war. If you think that's gonna be enough to get you through this s***storm then do me a favor and staple all your fingers together 'cause you're already screwed, man." When he stopped to take a breath, Ryder realized he was clenching the guy's shirt in his fist. Letting go, he shoved the kid back and reached for his books again, turning to leave for class. "Don't overestimate yourself. You're gonna be one of the first names in a long list of dead folk."

Stunned into silence, the guy almost let Ryder go. All around him, however, the onlookers were waiting for him to make a move. Suddenly furious, the torturer hurled a ball of his power at Ryder, filling the evolver's mind with torment. "This'll teach you to mess with my head," he hissed, grinning.

Ryder screamed, clutching his head as he fell to the ground. Images of death, bloodshed, gore, darkness, and war flooded his mind and yanked at his heartstrings as pain beyond anything he had ever felt before tore through his body, though nothing was physically hurting him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan's eyes widened in shock, "Wait, that doesn't freak you out? No 'Are you reading my mind?' or 'AHH stay away from me, I don't want you reading all my deep dark secrets' blah blah blah!? You're not going to run away from me, or eye me warily? Cause I'll tell you Romeo, you'd be one of the first." When she told Rob, he definitely reacted better than she would have expected, but it still got his nerves up a little. So this from Ryan was a complete shock, and it actually made Jordan feel good.

Ryan got a bit closer to Jordan, "None of that. I have nothing to hide Juliet. And even if I did, I'd probably tell you about it anyway. Yeah, there's still some stuff you don't know about me and that I try to keep hidden, but that stuff isn't going to kill me if you find out about it". He smiled, "I also stay away from thinking about negative stuff so...".

Dexter looked in the guy's direction, half expecting some type of response but not being too bothered if he didn't say anything either. Dexter heard the guy mumble in agitation as some as*hole juniors approached them. "Great.. more bullsh*t." he mumbled enthusiastically in Ryder's ear. "I guess he doesn't have anything BETTER to do with their time." Dex scoffed as the shifter got in their faces. Dexter eyed Ryder as he felt his anger rise, but he silently thanked him for still keeping his cool. When the shifter went too far, Ryder let him have it. As his rant ended, Dexter felt himself get hyped up off of the adrenaline Ryder was giving off. "Yes! Tell it how it is! You better read that b*tch!" he exclaimed with sass. When the torturer jumped Ryder, Dexter instinctively stepped back as Ryder fell to the ground, grimacing deeply at his pain. "Oh you TRIED it sis!" Dexter snapped at the tormentor. He focused his power on the juniors surrounding him. He was able to stop them all in place so that no one would interfere. The next step was handling the ringleader. "The next time you want to talk smack, I'll stuff your mouth full of sh*t." he hissed.

The kid, obviously pissed but unable to do anything about it, finally backed down. "Fine," he managed through gritted teeth. "Let me go."

Ryder glanced up as the loud guy from before came to his aid. The pain slowly ebbed away, leaving behind nothing but severe dizziness. Getting to his feet, the evolver swayed for a couple seconds before regaining his footing. "Ah, hell," he muttered, grimacing and rubbing his temples. Despite getting back to his feet, Ryder's hands shook as the bombardment of thoughts and images remained in his memory, haunting him. "Thanks," he called to the guy, trying to remember if they had ever met before and coming up short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back