• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Romance in the Dorms

Melody Marina Jones

Marina thought for a minute until she remembered. She sat down next to Lucy and said,

"My first performance is this Saturday. So I have three days to prepare."

She smiled and looked at her friends new sketch. She watched in awe as Lucy's hand moved on the paper,

"Wow! That's amazing."

She managed to say.

Lucy nodded slightly as she turned her sketch book as she continued to sketch. "Ah, well then you better get started then. You want to win and do your best to get noticed by a record company, right?" she asked while smiling a bit and looking up at Melody slightly before looking back at the drawing. "Also, you ran into some guys didn't you? They were in here earlier looking for paper... Which is silly since it's everywhere basically in this room..." she said while pointing to some sitting nearly on a desk.

Melody Marina Murphey

The girl placed her hand over her heart and clutched it,

"Oh my your giving me a heart attack Lu. And here I came all this way to hang out with you. And all I get is a, you better get started on that."

She let out a exaggerated gasp as she joked. She smiled and said,

"And yes of course I do but I think right now the best thing for me to do is to hang out with my bestie!"

She said with a grin. Remembering what Lulu said about the boys made Mel giggle,

"My my, I guess they are really blind!"

She smiled evilly as she said,

"Oh but maybe the two of them were you checking out!"

The girl exclaimed.

Lucy laughs softly at her first comment. "I try hun I try..." she said with a smile while drawing, humming slightly as she does so. She nodded slightly showing that she was pleased that her friend hadn't forgotten her. "Good. Well I'm glad I'm number one on your list." she said with a smile before giving her a look and scrunching up her nose. "I doubt that! They were only here for the paper for their play books for football.." she said and shrugged.

Melody Marina Jones

Melody smirked,

"Puh-leeze there's more than what your letting on. You can't fool me Lulu. One of those guys most definitely flirted with you am I right?"

She asked before exaggerating yet another gasp,

"And now you wish to kill me! Just send my body down a river with a smile why don't ya! Of course your number one on my list silly!"

She stated with a smile before resting her head in the palms of her hand as her elbows sat on the table before the two girls,

"Anyway back to the main subject. You must spill the beans or I shall resort to other methods!"

The girl joked.

Lucy blushed a bit and looked at her sketchbook. "I don't know! Maybe? I'm not very good with guys. I don't know if he was flirting or just being nice. He was probably just being nice since i'm new here and everything." she said while blowing at her bangs and chewing on her lip a bit, a habit that she hadn't grown out of when she was a child.

Melody Marina Murphey

Mel's eyebrows became knitted together as she tapped Lucy on her head,

"Don't think less of yourself! And don't bite your lip Lu. Of course he was checking you out! And I'm afraid if you continue to chew on that lip of yours it'll remove itself from your face and just walk away."

She stated throwing in a small joke about her chewing her lip.

Lucy huffs slightly as she looks up at her. "There isn't much to check out, besides he's a jock, i'm an art geek. There's no way we would work Melody. I think he'd probably like you better since your much prettier and more social then me." she said while drawing, not looking up.

Melody Marina Jones

Mel's eyebrows knit themselves together as Melody closed her eyes and whacked her friend. Not too hard but hard enough to show that she was serious. Mel looked at her friend and huffed back at her,

"Opposites attract Lulu! And additionally why do you continue to look down on yourself! You gotta be more confident! No way would he be interested in me! He most definitely likes you Lulu!"

Lucy rubbed her head a bit where she hit her. "Ow! And that only happens in the movies... Also it's hard to be confident Mel and he's only talked to me for a few minutes Mel. That's not enough time to like me. Love at first sight isn't real.." she said while going back to drawing.

Melody Marina Jones

Marina glared at her friend and stated,

"Don't make me pinch your cheeks Lu. And you say things like that only happen in movies, it happens in reality too Lu..."

She sighed and remembered something she never wanted to think about again. She remembered someone who left a hole in her heart that never healed,

"I should know..."

She stated solemnly as she looked down at the floor.

Lucy sighed softly as she hugged her friend, knowing that her friend had been through some rough relationships in her time but she didn't believe anything having to do with love because it was silly to believe that such things happened in real life. "Mel. Things happen for a reason. And it very rarely happens in real life." she said softly while drawing.

Mel

Mel looked at her friend and said,

"But Lu! This may be one of those rarities! A chance to grasp onto it Lu!"

She said desperately attempting to convince her friend.

Lucy sighed softly and shook her head. "I don't have the time Mel.. Besides he's a popular football jock, he's probably got loads of girls chasing after him that are ten times better then me. So why try when you won't win?" she said softly while looking at Mel.

Melody

"Why try? Why try?"

Mel repeated the question as if trying to make sense of it. She had a serious look upon her face and said,

"Lou we try because we are strong, we try because we are working towards a goal, we try because...we're human. Lou you should try because if you don't you'll lose your chance and you may regret it later on down the road."

Lucy sighs softly while putting her pencil down. "That's the thing. I don't try when I have no chance. The only times I try are when I'm in class." She said while looking at her. (Unintentional rhyming. xD )

Melody

Melody rolled her eyes and said,

"Alright miss poet, it's about time you open your eyes. You do have a chance and you're most definitely blind and oblivious of you don't see it. It's like literally jumping up and down screaming out at you but you still don't notice that chance. If you don't try and you miss your chance. That chance may slap you on its way out the door Lou."

Lucy bites on her lip a bit as she looks down slightly. "....I'm just going to make a fool out of myself Mel. He's some big football star... I don't want to be his Charity case." She said while looking upset.

It was time to face facts: Nadia was not only late (though not according to any actual rules; she just liked to scope things out early), but totally, completely lost. Perhaps she should've moved in sooner, so she'd get more of a chance to explore, instead of madly rushing around at this time of day. Her hair was a mess, wrapped up in a messy braid, and her blouse was falling over her shoulder, both signs of just how great a morning she'd had. She'd gotten in late the other day, unpacked, and fell promptly asleep - leaving her to wake up late that morning, later than she would've liked. Though to her understanding there were no teachers around and thus no classes yet, she wanted to get settled sooner than later. She was eager to feel as though she actually belonged to this school now, and not her previous one, the thought of which still filled her with a tight, bitter feeling.

Someone had directed her about half an hour ago to the area of the campus she was in, but it didn't seem to be doing much good. Nadia was looking for the dance studio, so she could quickly become familiar with the room she'd likely be spending most of her time in. Whoever had given her directions had told her that it was near the art room, you can't miss it. Apparently Nadia had a knack for being obtuse because she most definitely was missing it, and had been for the past - she checked her phone - twenty eight minutes. She'd passed the art room multiple times, where she saw people inside, but no sign of the dance studio. Perhaps she'd just peek in and ask... surely they couldn't be too hostile, could they?

"Ah, hello," Nadia said, leaning her head into the art room, where two girls were chatting. "Sorry to interrupt, but I'm new here and I'm already lost." At her own expense Nadia laughed good-naturedly. "Could you help me, maybe? I'm looking for the dance studio, and I was told it was somewhere near the art room."

Lucy blinked and looked up as a new voice broke through the tension of her and Melody, she smiled softly. "It's fine, we've all been there. I'm Lucy Reynalds, the dance studio should be about three doors down." She said and nodded a bit while smiling.

((Sorry for the late replies and short replies today!

。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。

I'll make better and longer posts tomorrow hopefully! I gotta go to bed and get up in the morning. Sorry everyone! Goodnight! I'll post a reply in the morning before I leave home so for now just pretend Mel had to leave because she received a text telling her about some emergency. And she leaves the room quickly not telling anyone about the text she received.))

"Nice, uh -" Nadia was interrupted by the other girl, who she'd not yet been introduced to, quickly leaving the room without anything in the way of an explanation. Perhaps she'd really picked the wrong time to interrupt. "Nice to meet you, Lucy..." Nadia finished, turning back to Lucy. "I hope it wasn't something I said." She stepped into the room and smiled brightly. "Nadia Penley, and thank you very much." Nadia didn't want to leave so soon after actually meeting someone, so she decided to stay for a bit and try to make conversation, if Lucy didn't mind. Besides, Nadia was good at it. "I assume you're not new to the school?"

Lucy shook her head. "It's nothing you said, it happens a lot to be honest... And it's nice to meet you too. I'm new here as well actually. Just starting this year." She said with a small smile.

"Oh!" Nadia said, casually pulling over a stool and taking a seat. "I wouldn't have guessed. Did you just graduate high school? Or did you change schools, like I did?"

Lucy blushes a bit as she runs a hand through her hair. "Just graduated High school last year..." She said shyly while looking up at her a bit. "You?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back