• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Romance in the Dorms

HollyLeafForever

Every Adventure Requires a First Step
Welcome to Long Island Collage and University! Heres your Dorm Key, your classes shall begin tomorrow.

Long Island is the place for all students, whether your a dance major or a sports major. They have it all here there science class is excellent and so are many of there other classes, they are mostly known for there sports courses and there dance courses though. That dose not mean your not welcome if your not into either of those things, its just that its what we excelle in. All of our students are well behaved and listen well, they are not into doing things like sex or drugs.

Three weeks after everyone joins this school, the teachers have to go away for a bit, what will go down during the three months that everyone but the students are away, what will go down and how many people will change during that time period?

One foggy afternoon, in a very popular area a collage/university named Long Island Collage and University! opened up its doors, a teacher stepped out, "Wonderful start to a day!" She said smiling, it had been three weeks into the school year and the teachers decided it was time for a break, and by break i mean nothing like summer vacation. They just wanted to get away, so they all made up some lame excuse to leave the school grounds for 8 months.

They all went to Florida but one, the health nurse, who was actually new and had no intention of leaving the school grounds until school was over. She lived in the dorms as well and had a few interests in the students but she tried her best to keep it a secret, she knew she would not be continuing class, so she just layed down outside the pool for no reason what so ever.

Lola sat by the pool, with all the teachers gone, she could do what ever she wanted. She knew some students here and she wondered what would happen if she started one of her famous high school parties, that always lasted hours of not days. But then she remembered something, shes not a kid anymore, so she has no idea how to through a party by today standards. She go up out fo her lounger chair and put on a pair of shorts and went to find a kid who could help her. She ran through the hall ways and almost ran into a group of students.

Rose and Nick were walking in the hallway when Mrs. Mcleod, was running, they looked at her and began laughing. They were on there way to go and sit outside and Lola was probably one of the funnest things thy had seen all day.

Lucy currently sitting in the art room on her own, since she's quite shy and doesn't like being around that many people. Drawing slightly in her sketch book while resting her chin in her palm. She sometimes wondered what her life would be like if she was more adventurous and a party girl, but she couldn't really picture it because then she wouldn't be who she is now.

With his blue CD player attached to his belt behind him, with a pitch-black skateboard and bright red wheels, a pair of black sneakers, brown shorts and a black t-shirt on him, his ears sealed with his big blue headphones, Thousand Foot Krutch's song "Born This Way" blasting through it, Doyle was skating through the halls of Long Island Collage and University with no worries at all, while eating a sandwich he made not long ago. Shaking his head at the song's beat, biting the sandwich occasionally, Doyle was living the moment.

That until, from a distance, in the halls, he spotted a girl. Putting on his famous "D's smirk" on, he increased his speed to get closer. He was getting closer and closer, his smirk grew wider, his eyes, glued to his new victim. He stared in her eyes, like he was trying to read her as fast as possible. Then, his face began turning to his left, as he passed by her. Keeping his eyes on her, his wide smirk shining bright, Doyle skated smoothly. Then he turned his attention forward.

The moment he turned his face in his front, a big wooden piece was greeting him with hard open arms. He hit it, hard, making him fall down his posterior with the speed of light. His fall echoed the halls like a chord being pitched in a concert in the open air. His skateboard made a sudden stop in the moment Doyle hit the door, it's back rising up, then falling down elegantly.

Doyle was laying down, his palms, on his face, grunting in pain. The guy who opened the door looked at Doyle's fallen body on the ground and laughed hard. Great, Doyle thought. "A nice way to impress a girl", he whispered to himself as he pushed his top part of his body up with his palms, which where now pressed on the ground. He took a moment to pull off his headphones down to his neck, checked his CD player for any damage. He looked around him, searching. Behind him, his sandwich was all around the floor like someone dropped his phone on the ground and it crushed down into pieces. And the same way Doyle picked up the pieces of his sandwich only to sadly throw it in a trash bin. Picking up his skateboard, he looked in the direction the girl went, but she was no where to see. "Damn it." he said.

Rose and Nick were walking when they heard a thud, they turned and looked at each other with a smile. They ran over to where they saw Doyle, standing in one place. Rose went up to him "Did you just fall on the floor?" She asked laughing and smiling, "Because if you did we heard it all they way down by the front door." She smiled and looked around, "Chasing after someone and failed did we?" Nick broke out in laughter after saying that, and Rose shot him a quick look.

He was just about to put his headphones on and wished he could go in the direction the girl went, although it was pretty obvious Doyle had no clue where she went. Shrugging slowly, he spun around quickly, his skateboard ready to roll on the halls once more, but never had the chance. Two persons were now in front of him, stopping him, looking at him, smiling bright and wide and laughing. "Did you just fall on the floor?" she asked, "Because if you did we heard it all they way down by the front door." she continued.

"If you ever need a replacement for a microphone, my butt is perfect for the job." he offered, pointing his index fingers at her, while leaning back a little, with a smile on his face. Then, he wrapped his arm around her companion. "Dude, dude, dude." he said. "Never skate, eat a sandwich, listen to music and check on girls."(Doyle doesn't know about Nick's sexual orientation) he said, counting his instructions on his fingers. "Or you'll end up like me, making a fool of yourself.".

Before saying anything else, his stomach growled. Like a reflex, Doyle patted his stomach a couple of times. "I miss my sandwich. Such a good sandwich." he said. "I'll go grab something to eat, people." he unwrapped his arm from the guy's neck and made a couple of steps, picked up his skateboard, then turned to the pair. "You hungry? Wanna shut up your stomachs?" he said, with a smirk. "Come on." he said, then spun around, his skateboard, held by his left hand fingers.

He didn't walked too much, as he suddenly stopped from his tracks, like his system went from ON to OFF. He stood there, like he got paralyzed by something, then finally, he turned around. Again. "I'm making a world record. Spinning around all the time." he muttered. "Oh. I forgot. My name is Doyle. Doyle Dixon. But you can just call me D.". He held his palm high, like he was waiting for something.

Bobby burst into the arts room and started flipping things over, "Where is it, where is it... Come one this is a freakin' art room!" He didn't notice Lucy at first. He was rummaging through paper, looking at it, then throwing it behind him if it had writing on it. He moved from counter to counter, and at one point, hit the edge of a desk with his hip and cursed out loud, He grabbed his hip and turned and saw Lucy.

Seeing Lucy made Bobby lean against a counter, still clutching his side, "So let me start this off by saying Im not crazy." He smiled a little, then winced.

Lucy blinks and looks at him. "Uhm o-okay..." She said with a small smile and going back to drawing in her sketchbook. "Please be careful."

"Oh Im use to running into things that hurt me." Bobby looked at the girl for a moment, he hadn't seen her before, and she hadn't reacted to being in the same room as Babe Compton. "You new here?" He walked around, "Also, do you know where the reams of paper are?" He scratched his head, "Cause I need to print some stuff off, and the coaches office is locked up so I cant make any of our play books."

"You not crazy is debatable, i am still trying to decide myself." Marcus said following soon after his friend. He was dressed in his jogging gear of shorts and tank top. He had just been having his usual jogging exercise around the campus when he noted his friend running like a headless chicken. He turned to the girl there."I apologize for my friend for now and in advance. Despite how he seems, the only harm he does is to himself as you saw." He turned back to Bobby."Football?"

Lucy gives a slight nod to Marcus and looks at Bobby again. "And yes I'm new but I know what your looking for..." She said as she got up slightly and walked around the table.

"Marcus, My man!" He walked over and gave him a manly hug, then looked back at Lucy. "Oh man you're the best." He watched her for a moment, "So um, whats your name?" He walked toward her, so he could take the paper when she found it for him, "And Im guessing you're pretty awesome at drawing? I wish I could draw." he looked back at Marcus, "I can barely draw stick people."

Lucy digging through some stuff, looking for the paper. "I'm Lucy Reynalds." She said while handing him the paper. "Here."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thanks Beautiful." He took the paper, "Marky Mark, wanna help me set up the play books for this year? Its lot of unrewarding work, but we'll be able to catch up man, how was the summer?" He started walking back toward Mark, "Oh!" He looked back at Lucy, "You can come too, I need something pretty to look at too, staring at his ugly mug will make me go insane." He winked.

Lucy blinks and goes back to her seat. "Sorry... I uhm don't know... And please there are prettier girls here." She said as she goes back to drawing.

t

Marcus tried to hide a pain expression in his face as Bobby squeezed too tightly around his shoulders. He was slightly annoyed that Bobby forgot to account for his injury but didn't dwell on it knowing he meant well. He was relieved when he was let go, letting go a breath he didn't realise he was holding.

"No problem." He replied at Bobbys request, smirking at his attempts at pick up."You want to work on football or chat up the girl?" 
"There are but they would rather go with me then him."He added jokingly to Lucy trying wingman."Come on look at him, how he looks. His desperate !"

"Sure, there are other pretty girls, but you're a new pretty girl." Bobby smiled, then looked at Marcus, "I was gonna make you do all the work while I talked to Lucy." He winked and walked toward Marcus, "Well, if you wanna come hang out Lucy, we'll be in the athletic department, probably getting zero work done."

Bobby laughed, "I'll be seeing you around Beautiful!" He turned with Marcus and talked to him as they made their way downstairs to make playbooks for the team.

Nick and Rose looked at each other laughed, "Sure we might as well we were just going outside when we heard you fall on your face! " They looked at each other again. Then Nick walked up to him, "This is going to sound really mean, but don't ever do that again okay? I feel really uncomfortable when people do that, especially guys." He looked him dead in the eye.

Melody Marina Jones

Melody's heels were pounding against the pavement as the girl raced to see Lulu. She was running with five inch heels attached to her feet and Mel knew she would regret later but didn't care. Moments later she bumped into one of the Jocks mistakenly and shot a short and quick,

"Sorry!"

Before dashing off again. Her bright bluish green eyes twinkled with pure excitement as her long brown hair billowed out behind her. A smile was spread across her face. Minutes later she was bursting through the doors of the art room childishly exclaiming,

"Lulu!!!"

She hugged the girl and when she pulled away she asked,

"Guess what, Guess what, Guess what!"

She was behaving like a small excited puppy as she quickly stated her question in one breath.

Lucy jumped a bit as she heard someone scream he name before being attacked in a hug. "Mel? Mel! Hey!" she said softly while smiling a bit and fixing her bangs by brushing them out of her hair carefully and fixing her sketchbook and pencils before looking at her. "What is it Mel?" she said softly but calmly as she raised a brow at the older girl's actions.

Melody Marina Jones

Melody's smile just grew. That was the only warning she gave before the storm. Rapid word flew from her lips as she explained,

"Ok so you remember that contest I entered right. The one you get to sing in front of a live audience at the beach and if you win then you get $500 dollars right? So...Drum roll please."

The girl paused and the moment she finished her statement she began to jump up and down from her pent up excitement.

"I was accepted as a contestant!!!"

She exclaimed so loud she could probably be heard throughout the campus.

Lucy covered her ears slightly as she screamed again, opening one eye to look at her. "Wow, that's really great Mel.. So when do you go to perform?" she asked while putting her hands down on the table and picking up her pencil to starts sketching again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back