• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord: A Message From Another Time (Closed Applications, For Now...)

OOC
Here
Blackjack thought about what the guild leader said. RD had a fair point. There was no need to waste valuable resources into the unknown. His unease got the better of him. While his new body was in a different tier of resilience and strength compared to his human one, his species was still human and... mind was still the same. He was in too outlandish of a situation to think straight and the stress accumulated in his brain quickly. He felt unusually mentally tired. The more he calmed down the more the fatique accelerated.

"I will go along with your plan, then, guild leader." He said as he yawned. Truly, there was no reason for him to abbandon safety just to check on the unknown. Despite normally being a logical and level-headed guy, the situation broke even Yasuo's cool.

"Alas, I will go and sleep for now." And he did exactly that. Went into one of the rooms of the guild, the one deemed his. It was strange. A room created just for fun and flavour had now an actual purpose.

Mhmm, this is a soft bed. Was his last thought as he drifted into slumber.

Last edited:
As calm as Ghosty had become now, this situation did still worry and confuse him deep down inside. Seeing all the NCPs also made them sadden a bit, remembering how, as the last member to have joined the guild, never created any NPCs for themselves. All the forgotten ideas slowly came back to them as they saw them interact with each other and the other guild members, being so... sentient. Ghosty sighs. They generally ignored the talk of what was on the outside, too busy trying to understand what had just happened and trying to control the still very suppressed emotions deep within them. The mention of stealth did interest Ghosty though, making them wonder if their own stealthy abilities would be helpful...though their inner fear of the unknown stopped them from even making a sound as they looked around.

DeV0id of emotions
after giving the orders to belladonna DV declared that he was going to rest and recover his mana, however he was a kind of undead and thus needed no rest and his mana regeneration was passive so as long as he wasn't actively spending it he would naturally regain his mana but still his human mind went to rest anyway, but after figuring out that he couldn't rest DV's mind begain racing he still wanted to regain his mana before he joined up with others so what would he have done until than, so he began experimenting with his abilities that didn't require mana trying to figure out more about his new body, as an undead's emotions are suppressed or rather non existent, thus the drive and thirst for knowledge and power is enhanced Making experimentation was very enjoyable to him.

Meanwhile the NPC's made by DV went to there respective posts as well, including the floor 6 NPC's who DV referred as Voidcrew who went to there respective areas in floor 6,

As for Walter along with a few other non combat NPC's, they where helping out with preparation for the party

Belladonna on the other hand had received direct orders from DV to get the mirror of remote viewing and bring it to the strategy chamber, it was only natural for her to get this job since not all NPCs are allowed in the treasury furthermore belladonna was the keeper of magic items to store the mirror of remote viewing along with other magic items was one oof her main jobs, so she went straight to the treasury, she knew exactly where the item was so it wasn't difficult for her to retrieve it, so she started her journey towards the strategy room..

Johan made his way up to the 4th floor, intent on searching for his missing NPCs. As much as he wanted to rest like his compatriots, he felt such sleep lacking to him, something he suspected was the result of all-nighters back in the mess of a world he used to live in.

used. A strange word now. The idea of actually leaving the wasteland of a world was an impossibility, what with the insane laws, corrupt systems and general horribleness of the arcologies. Yggdrasil and the other DMMORPGs could only satisfy such a fantasy, yet the fiction had become a reality now. So it was that they were stuck somewhere else, and what came first was checking whatever had happened to the NPCs of his own creation, and his closest friends.

Unknown to him, one NPC wasn't in their floor at the time. Instead, the insect man was leaning elsewhere, perched up on an arch above where only those who actually looked up could see him. His feet hung in the air, with two hands supporting him while the other pair were focused on elsewhere, one holding an earthenware pot while the other reached inside. Removing it to pull out a clump of uncooked rice pratically slathered in thick honey, he proceeded to eat it, with bits of grain raining down from above that harmlessly landed.

And So Began Preparations...​

Johan made his way up to the 4th floor, intent on searching for his missing NPCs. As much as he wanted to rest like his compatriots, he felt such sleep lacking to him, something he suspected was the result of all-nighters back in the mess of a world he used to live in.

used. A strange word now. The idea of actually leaving the wasteland of a world was an impossibility, what with the insane laws, corrupt systems and general horribleness of the arcologies. Yggdrasil and the other DMMORPGs could only satisfy such a fantasy, yet the fiction had become a reality now. So it was that they were stuck somewhere else, and what came first was checking whatever had happened to the NPCs of his own creation, and his closest friends.

Unknown to him, one NPC wasn't in their floor at the time. Instead, the insect man was leaning elsewhere, perched up on an arch above where only those who actually looked up could see him. His feet hung in the air, with two hands supporting him while the other pair were focused on elsewhere, one holding an earthenware pot while the other reached inside. Removing it to pull out a clump of uncooked rice pratically slathered in thick honey, he proceeded to eat it, with bits of grain raining down from above that harmlessly landed.
There was a distinctive raspy clearing of a throat, one that Roulette knew well, as something struck the arch, making a loud clacking noise.

Great, it was the old hag. What was her name again? Right, Enya. She was a serious crank, and she seemed to have beef with Roulette frequently. The unsettling gaze of her dead eyes was often directed at him. But then again, it was probably for the better. Afterall, as far as the NPCs were concerned, insubordination was not handled kindly by Demon Overgod RD. "Get up, you spoiled brat." She crowed at him, her voice harsh and gruff. She was the oldest member of the NPCs afterall, which none of the NPCs really understood, 'cause they were all pretty sure at least Fever existed outside of time like her creator. It must've been nice to have your job basically be being the Demon Overgod's plaything and not having to do much at all. Then again, Roulette didn't really do his job anyway.

"The Supreme Beings have delivered a verdict. They've decided this is a new era. I'm wise enough to know they must have a good reason for this. And I expect you, as a creation of there's, to be wise enough to know that nothing is more offensive then doubting their deliberations." She shouted up to roulette in a serious tone. She was cold in her warning and left hardly any wiggle room to disagree. Then again, from her perspective, being one of the few NPCs that wasn't as visibly terrified of the wrath of some of the more violent supreme beings, she had come to know the limits of what they were willing to tolerate from each-other, and had assumed that what they were willing to tolerate of their underlings was much less lax.

"If you don't want grasshopper legs to end up on the menu for the celebratory feast, I'd best recommend you get to work in helping the rest of the congregation. This may become a holiday in the future, but we're all expected to pitch in for the festivities, at least this first time."

RD had made her way to the 12th floor. The Tower of Heaven as it was called. She was sitting on the throne of kings, Fever, alongside one of the 100 Maids, standing to either side of her. Fever was blushing and sweating wildly, hardly able to contain the ecstasy she got from being around her creator. The maid was just sweating in general, hardly able to contain the fear of a being who she could never tell the mental state of. RD's gaze pierced the girl as the Demon turned her head. "Number 49." She began.

"Y-Yes, RD-Sama?" The maid nervously asked.

"Is the 10th floor being used?" RD inquired.

"No, a-as explicitly requested and established by law, none are to reside permanently in the 10th floor unless actively permitted by the Supreme Beings. The monthly maintenance of the magitechnical mechanisms allowing it's transformation into a final battleground for the Supreme beings to thwart any hypothetical enemies should they pass through the 9th floor barricade has been completed." The maid responds.

"Subarashi~!" RD stands up. Flapping her cape aside. "I'll be in there. Tell Sage Cockroach to meet me inside."

"Of course, RD-Sama." the maid says, bowing her head.

"Sh-shall-shall I... C-Come with you.. R-R-R-D-D-D Py-Pyon?" Fever asks.

"Sure, if you wanna watch, I guess. I mean um..." RD clears her throat. "I believe you will benefit most fruitfully from seeing my power in combat. I hope it will lead to a better understanding of your potential as my kin and bride."

Fever's eyes go wide, she's silent for a moment. "Oh yes! RD Sama! Your wisdom is ecstasy upon me! Please, allow me to gaze upon even a fraction of your power!"

'Great! She bought it...! But... Jeez... Did I really write her like this? Good grief... Was I really that kinky...?' RD thought to herself, sweat-dropping.

And So Began Preparations...​

There was a distinctive raspy clearing of a throat, one that Roulette knew well, as something struck the arch, making a loud clacking noise.

Great, it was the old hag. What was her name again? Right, Enya. She was a serious crank, and she seemed to have beef with Roulette frequently. The unsettling gaze of her dead eyes was often directed at him. But then again, it was probably for the better. Afterall, as far as the NPCs were concerned, insubordination was not handled kindly by Demon Overgod RD. "Get up, you spoiled brat." She crowed at him, her voice harsh and gruff. She was the oldest member of the NPCs afterall, which none of the NPCs really understood, 'cause they were all pretty sure at least Fever existed outside of time like her creator. It must've been nice to have your job basically be being the Demon Overgod's plaything and not having to do much at all. Then again, Roulette didn't really do his job anyway.

"The Supreme Beings have delivered a verdict. They've decided this is a new era. I'm wise enough to know they must have a good reason for this. And I expect you, as a creation of there's, to be wise enough to know that nothing is more offensive then doubting their deliberations." She shouted up to roulette in a serious tone. She was cold in her warning and left hardly any wiggle room to disagree. Then again, from her perspective, being one of the few NPCs that wasn't as visibly terrified of the wrath of some of the more violent supreme beings, she had come to know the limits of what they were willing to tolerate from each-other, and had assumed that what they were willing to tolerate of their underlings was much less lax.

"If you don't want grasshopper legs to end up on the menu for the celebratory feast, I'd best recommend you get to work in helping the rest of the congregation. This may become a holiday in the future, but we're all expected to pitch in for the festivities, at least this first time."

RD had made her way to the 12th floor. The Tower of Heaven as it was called. She was sitting on the throne of kings, Fever, alongside one of the 100 Maids, standing to either side of her. Fever was blushing and sweating wildly, hardly able to contain the ecstasy she got from being around her creator. The maid was just sweating in general, hardly able to contain the fear of a being who she could never tell the mental state of. RD's gaze pierced the girl as the Demon turned her head. "Number 49." She began.

"Y-Yes, RD-Sama?" The maid nervously asked.

"Is the 10th floor being used?" RD inquired.

"No, a-as explicitly requested and established by law, none are to reside permanently in the 10th floor unless actively permitted by the Supreme Beings. The monthly maintenance of the magitechnical mechanisms allowing it's transformation into a final battleground for the Supreme beings to thwart any hypothetical enemies should they pass through the 9th floor barricade has been completed." The maid responds.

"Subarashi~!" RD stands up. Flapping her cape aside. "I'll be in there. Tell Sage Cockroach to meet me inside."

"Of course, RD-Sama." the maid says, bowing her head.

"Sh-shall-shall I... C-Come with you.. R-R-R-D-D-D Py-Pyon?" Fever asks.

"Sure, if you wanna watch, I guess. I mean um..." RD clears her throat. "I believe you will benefit most fruitfully from seeing my power in combat. I hope it will lead to a better understanding of your potential as my kin and bride."

Fever's eyes go wide, she's silent for a moment. "Oh yes! RD Sama! Your wisdom is ecstasy upon me! Please, allow me to gaze upon even a fraction of your power!"

'Great! She bought it...! But... Jeez... Did I really write her like this? Good grief... Was I really that kinky...?' RD thought to herself, sweat-dropping.
"Phff," Roulette went. Bringing his pot into his item box, he used the hands supporting him to push himself off, his clothing lifting up as he fell. In a split second, the wings on his back fluttered to life, catching him and slowing his descent down until he was just in front of Enya.

"Well, I was wondering when you would show up here," Roulette said, looking down at her face. "I am aware that every other one of us is currently skittering off for the grand celebration, but, of course, there's one problem before I leave.

And, it's about how you intend me to do my part. I am, of course, perfectly willing to do my part in the preparations, but it seems the most important matters have been given to those most fit, including, of course, what I can do.

"What would you suggest I help out in, then?" One hand reached in an pulled out Boy's Blue Rhasphody, the old trumpet soon resting in his claws as they fiddled with the instrument. "I could create a musical performance for them, one that would no doubt bring tears to some eyes. But, sadly, it's all my fair instrument can bring to the table."

Johan soon reached the 4th floor, his feet stepping onto the moss-covered stones and grass that dotted the floor. The familiar fog blanketed the area, hiding much of the scenery but visible enough for sight, and surprisingly cool to feel. The fake statues they had designed were still present, something that he had grown accoustumed to seeing around, and somehow made the place more complete. He searched around for any sign of his NPC, or any of the others that resided on the floor, but nothing of sorts seemed to appear.

Taking a deep breath of the cool fog, he stepped forward, making his way to the default spawning point for invaders, where he would reach the residence of his NPC. As he walked closer to the place in auestion, he noticed a rather odd sight before him. It was another statue, which was normal in this floor, of a massive ant, frozen in place and posed as if surprised.

There wasn't anything odd about the sight, but as he insoected the statue, he noticed that it appeaded more complete and whole compared to the full statue decorations present there. Perhaps odder was that it looked new, as if someone had just carved it. "Phisele," he called out. "Where are you?"

And So Began Preparations [II]​

"Phff," Roulette went. Bringing his pot into his item box, he used the hands supporting him to push himself off, his clothing lifting up as he fell. In a split second, the wings on his back fluttered to life, catching him and slowing his descent down until he was just in front of Enya.

"Well, I was wondering when you would show up here," Roulette said, looking down at her face. "I am aware that every other one of us is currently skittering off for the grand celebration, but, of course, there's one problem before I leave.

And, it's about how you intend me to do my part. I am, of course, perfectly willing to do my part in the preparations, but it seems the most important matters have been given to those most fit, including, of course, what I can do.

"What would you suggest I help out in, then?" One hand reached in an pulled out Boy's Blue Rhasphody, the old trumpet soon resting in his claws as they fiddled with the instrument. "I could create a musical performance for them, one that would no doubt bring tears to some eyes. But, sadly, it's all my fair instrument can bring to the table."

Johan soon reached the 4th floor, his feet stepping onto the moss-covered stones and grass that dotted the floor. The familiar fog blanketed the area, hiding much of the scenery but visible enough for sight, and surprisingly cool to feel. The fake statues they had designed were still present, something that he had grown accoustumed to seeing around, and somehow made the place more complete. He searched around for any sign of his NPC, or any of the others that resided on the floor, but nothing of sorts seemed to appear.

Taking a deep breath of the cool fog, he stepped forward, making his way to the default spawning point for invaders, where he would reach the residence of his NPC. As he walked closer to the place in auestion, he noticed a rather odd sight before him. It was another statue, which was normal in this floor, of a massive ant, frozen in place and posed as if surprised.

There wasn't anything odd about the sight, but as he insoected the statue, he noticed that it appeaded more complete and whole compared to the full statue decorations present there. Perhaps odder was that it looked new, as if someone had just carved it. "Phisele," he called out. "Where are you?"
"If you cared to keep track of your colleagues, you might've been wise enough to guess that you should go to the Partysmith, Shina, for your assignment. The supreme beings have tasked her with deciding everyone's role in the festival." Enya tells him in her signature, snappy, cranky tone. Her hand placed firmly on her weapon of choice, a detailed, divine class, Khakkhara. Good for casting Spiritual type Tier Magic. "My suggestion holds no weight in what you ought to do. What it does hold weight in, is making you do it." Enya says.

The Khakkhara was sort of like a walking staff for her, or at least, it looked that way. But Roulette would know by now that any semblance or superficial appearance of Enya being a "Frail Old Hag" was a complete lie. Her agility and magical power were not to be understated.

For that matter, rumor among the NPCs was that Enya trained under both the legendary WarriorShiningTunin, and the Demon Overgod herself, in order to hone her spiritual magics. That being said, the NPCs mainly just assumed that the Demon Overgod knew the first thing about spiritual magic. While it was true they were skilled at Martial Lord Fighting Styles, to the point where their mastery was peerless in YGGDRASIL, they were hardly knowledgeable on anything relating to spiritual magic, other than what it constituted in combat. It was simply never corrected in the lore.

There were a lot of little ridiculous tidbits in the lore like that. Like how an entire war between nations had been stopped by the beauty and diplomacy of Idol Imane. Or how The Demon Overgod routinely used the moon as a sand-bag. Stuff like that hidden in custom item descriptions or even NPC files, that whenever you thought about it, didn't really make that much sense.

Still, core lore beats out side-lore. So bar the fact that this was all just fluffy bullshit, it was simply in Roulette's personality to not take Enya seriously, a fact that the ever scrupulous hag of a yokai loathed.

"You will do as the Head Partysmith says, that is what I have been sent to enforce. They alone have been granted by the Supreme Beings the authority on this matter. You will find them in the Mead hall of the 7th floor. I am a busy woman, so consider that I am in no mood to deal with your antics. From this point going forwards, I have bigger things to attend to and much more important people to oversee. So consider this a fair and just warning that you ought to get to the 7th floor as soon as you can. I will shed no tears if your lethargic tendencies make you the Demon Overgod's next meal."

And So Began Preparations [II]​

"If you cared to keep track of your colleagues, you might've been wise enough to guess that you should go to the Partysmith, Shina, for your assignment. The supreme beings have tasked her with deciding everyone's role in the festival." Enya tells him in her signature, snappy, cranky tone. Her hand placed firmly on her weapon of choice, a detailed, divine class, Khakkhara. Good for casting Spiritual type Tier Magic. "My suggestion holds no weight in what you ought to do. What it does hold weight in, is making you do it." Enya says.

The Khakkhara was sort of like a walking staff for her, or at least, it looked that way. But Roulette would know by now that any semblance or superficial appearance of Enya being a "Frail Old Hag" was a complete lie. Her agility and magical power were not to be understated.

For that matter, rumor among the NPCs was that Enya trained under both the legendary WarriorShiningTunin, and the Demon Overgod herself, in order to hone her spiritual magics. That being said, the NPCs mainly just assumed that the Demon Overgod knew the first thing about spiritual magic. While it was true they were skilled at Martial Lord Fighting Styles, to the point where their mastery was peerless in YGGDRASIL, they were hardly knowledgeable on anything relating to spiritual magic, other than what it constituted in combat. It was simply never corrected in the lore.

There were a lot of little ridiculous tidbits in the lore like that. Like how an entire war between nations had been stopped by the beauty and diplomacy of Idol Imane. Or how The Demon Overgod routinely used the moon as a sand-bag. Stuff like that hidden in custom item descriptions or even NPC files, that whenever you thought about it, didn't really make that much sense.

Still, core lore beats out side-lore. So bar the fact that this was all just fluffy bullshit, it was simply in Roulette's personality to not take Enya seriously, a fact that the ever scrupulous hag of a yokai loathed.

"You will do as the Head Partysmith says, that is what I have been sent to enforce. They alone have been granted by the Supreme Beings the authority on this matter. You will find them in the Mead hall of the 7th floor. I am a busy woman, so consider that I am in no mood to deal with your antics. From this point going forwards, I have bigger things to attend to and much more important people to oversee. So consider this a fair and just warning that you ought to get to the 7th floor as soon as you can. I will shed no tears if your lethargic tendencies make you the Demon Overgod's next meal."
"Fine," Roulette replied, stretching two of his arms while the other pair returned the trumpet. "I'll go and meet up with Partysmithy now."

He began to walk away, making some distance before stopping in his place. "And as for whether I would become the next meal, I doubt it would come to pass. After all, I believe some of my creator's inane luck rubbed off on me."

Before Enya could give a proper response, he crouched down and leapt away, disappearing into the distance far away from them.

Johan waited for a while longer, having called out his NPC again just recently. He was about to call for her again when he heard a slitering sound nearby. Turning to where he believed it was coming from, he was soon met with a gorgon, lime green scales covering her tail which intersected with the beige scales that made up her upper body. A silver chestplate was over her chest, the guild symbol adorned on it while a cloak of white feathers hung behind it, reaching down to her tail. Her face was close to human, but had features of a snake such as a lack of nose, and smaller green snakes making up her hair. On her face were the glasses he had given her for fluff purposes, making their appearance a surprise.

"Welcome back to the Garden, Johan," The gorgon greeted, giving him a nod which he returned.

"Hello again, Phi," Johan said, hiding his amazement at seeing his NPC acting as alive as the others. "I didn't see you downstairs earlier, along with the other residents here."

"Apologiess for our early leave," she replied, her snake tongue briefly slurling her S. "We were present initially, but we returned when something strange began to occur."

"Strange?"

Phisele then pointed her claw at the new statue, and soon the pieces began to click in Johan's mind. "In the brief moment I looked at Gab'vriel, stone began to form on her desspite nothing ssimilar occurring before. Fortunately, she was able to remove the effect and gave no ill will to me, but the moment was enough to bid an early leave in casse it happened again. Unfortunately, my fear was proven true, asss you can tell from this."

"That... I understand now." Johan thought to himself as he glanced at the still petrified insect, recognizing it as one of the POP npcs that spawned there. However, he also knew that such an event shouldn't have occurred in Yggdrasil, which made it's occurrance both surprizing, and concerning.

Patricia yawned as she woke up. The bliss she felt sleeping in her castle was great. She got up as one of her handmaidens brought her a gourmet breakfast. "Thank you Glenda." She said as the maid bowed before leaving.

Patrick smiled at the spread. An omelet with melted cheese. Delicious smellting chocolate chip muffins with cream filling and freshly squized orange juice.

Surely I Have to See If I'm Just as Strong Here, Right?​

Sage Cockroach entered the 10th floor. Having been led by one of the maids from her position on the 8th floor. It was rare that any of the NPCs of Nazarick were allowed to enter the 10th Floor. It would've had to be a direct command from one of them to have her brought here, though she had forgotten to ask the Maid, something she slightly regretted as the maid bowed to her and left.

From the other side of the 10th floor, a portal opened up. The cosmic nature of the portal, which seemed to bend the very fabric of spacetime, could only signal one thing: The Arrival of the Demon Overgod.

RD stepped out of the portal, followed at her side by Fever. Who had locked her arms around her elbow and was swoonfully nuzzling her head into RD's shoulder. Such a show of affection was nearly unheard of, at least, in the previous era... But... Then again, Fever was meant to be RD's bride and was created from her lower ribs, or so the story went. And the supreme beings seemed to be a lot more welcoming to interacting with the NPCs in the new era. "Fever." RD began.

"Y-Yes RD-Pyon?" Fever asked, looking up with curious eyes, and an inquisitive, yet blushy expression. Somewhere in between a kitten and a librarian.

Superficially it appeared as if RD was giving a silent glare at Fever, trying to tell her something. In actuality, she was just thinking of how to politely tell fever that she was unintentionally stepping on her cape.

"O-Oh. M-My goodness. Of course. I understand." Fever says. Letting go and stepping away. "No harm should come to me if I distance myself from your unheeding power."

Well... It did solve the problem that RD had, then again, that wasn't what she meant with the stare, but she would go with it anyway.

"Sage Cockroach." RD began, calling over to her subordinate.

Sage immediately took a knee, putting her head down. "Yes. Great Demon Overgod. If this meeting is because I have displeased you, my only request is that you do not trouble yourself with crushing my very-"

"Raise your head." RD says in her calm tone. Her inner monologue giving a stark contrast of. 'D-Does she really think I would only call her in here to kill her?!'

"Yes, of course, I shall face my death with dignity." Sage says, standing up.

"Sage. I do not desire your death, nor have you displeased me. I simply know of few other summoners as talented as yourself, and desired to witness a match of arms." RD says. "Consider it my personal way of gauging your current ability, and making sure you are progressing as expected." RD tells Sage. "So I want you to summon your strongest underlings, and command them to face me in combat." RD explains. 'This is a lot less conspicuous than just telling her I wanna test my strength.. Right?' RD internally inquires from herself.

"O-Of course, RD-Sama!" Sage says. She holds her two hands out, beginning to focus her magic.

RD activates the extension of the room, slowly, the walls shift and move outwards, making it into a much larger, verifiable battleground.

A pair of magic summoning circles form on the ground, quickly both reaching a massive size. "Summon 10th Tier Ultimate Insectoid: Avatar of Yith!" Sage begins. "Summon 10th Tier Ultimate Insectoid: Beast of The Field!"

The level 90 monsters, Avatar of Yith and The Beast of the Field both emerge from their respective summoning circles. Towering over RD and taking up quite a bit of space, even in the massive extended room.

1668928775425.png
1668928794052.png

"Now... Attack RD-Sama with all you've got!" Sage shouts this out, but it sounds like she's struggling or in pain somehow.

Immediately, the two monsters unleash a rain of attacks onto RD. Long insectoid tendrils shoot off from the Avatar of Yith and slam into pretty much everywhere in and around the targetting range for RD, while simultaneously unleashing it's finisher attack: Solar Screech, a beam-type move, towards RD. In unison, The Beast of the Field moves to rush into RD from the other side, in an attempt to pincer attack her.

"Ultimate Armament Enhancement." RD begins, activating one of her skills. "Awakening breath." She activates another one. Using her double-buffed state's massively increased strength, she catches the Beast of the Field by it's jaws and suplexes it down into the way of the Avatar of Yith's attacks, which blow several sizable holes through it's carapace.

"Martial Grandmaster Special Hybrid Fighting Style - Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist!" RD moves her hands clockwise before striking the body of the Beast of the Field, causing a massive shockwave to echo around both its body and the surrounding room, the carapace is completely shattered and blood splatters everywhere, painting every surface nearby with a bright yellow.

RD moves onto the Avatar of Yith, moving straight to it's head. "Martial Artist Special Fighting Style - Burning Heart Fist!" She shouts, unleashing a punch into its head, which cleanly decapitates it and causes its head to explode on the wall.

RD lands a few meters away from the now corpse of the Avatar of Yith, the shockwaves still passing through the avatar's body, causing it to explode as she lands.

RD cracks her knuckles. She seems serious, her aura radiates as she looks around.

Sage has a shocked expression, she knew the Demon Overgod was powerful, but... Not this powerful...

"Did you catch that, Fever?" RD asks. looking over specifically to fever, who passed out from pure unadulterated excitement on the sidelines. "F-Fever are you alright?!" She rushes over breaking character. Before covering her mouth.

Sage seems mortified. "RD Sama... I..." RD turns to her, a bit worrisomely.

"I had no idea you were this incredible! Well, I'm sure I knew it in my heart, b-but you're so amazing!" Sage cheers, immediately breaking from their seemingly mortified expression into an absolute squee.

RD breathes a sigh of relief... Before suddenly feeling something grasp her waste.

"RD-Pyo~~~~n!" Fever calls out. "Take me! Take me right now! Lets do it on the battlefield, right here! Right-" She's interrupted by RD putting her hand on Fever's head.

"Later..." RD says, with no intention of keeping that promise. She just found out that she has the power to fell level 90 monsters in single attacks, she needs to think this over before getting too invested in the NPCs... And beyond that, what would the other guild members think?

"What of the other NPCs on this floor?" Johan inquired. "I hadn't seen them earlier as well."

"I do not know where the bug has gone, for he disappeared from sight shortly after the commotion began," Phisele answered. "As for Gab'vriel and Klea'mintis, both are at my quarry last I saw them. Do you wish me to bring you to them?"

"If it's no trouble at all, then yes." Nodding her head in confirmation, Phisele turned around and began to slither away with Johan following behind. The fact that Roulette had disappeared wasn't a complete surprise to him, as he recalled that Clover had written that behaviour into his flavourtext, though his disappearance was far earlier than he would have preferred. In any case, it was clear that the pair he was looking for were still on the floor, which gave him some relief.

Soon, the forest and fog reached an end and opened to a large plains land, a large quarry visible on his right. In front was a series of statues erected in peak condition, though he looked away from them, not wanting to look at the sore remnants of the past. The qaurry itself was filled with raw material, slabs of white marble covering it's surface with pieces missing here and there. In front of it was a campfire, a brown furred werewolf resting close by it with a pair of glasses resting on her snout.

The werewolf's ears twitched as they approached, stirring the creature from her slumber and upon setting her eyes on them, gave them a massive grin. "Good morning Guardian Phisele and Lord Johan!" She exclaimed happily. "Or is it good evening instead? It could be good night, but it sounds like saying goodbye-"

"It's good to see you, Gab'vriel," Johan quickly daid, interupting the werewolf. "Do you know where Klea'mintis is?"

"Klea? She was here a moment ago, but it was before I went to sleep so who knows where she left to. You could wait here first until she returns if you'd like-"

"Thank you for the offer, but I don't have a lot of time left to wait." Johan was stunned at how Gab'vriel was able to run her mouth, which made him wonder whether his old friend had intended it to be in this degree. "I need both of you to come down later to help us later, but until then just stay around here."

"Okay! I'll stay as long as possible even if it means-"

"Thank you, Gab'vriel. By the way, has Ye'lana come up yet?"

"No," Gab'vriel sadly answered. "She's still downstairs with her books, so I haven't seen her yet. I could try to get a message to her-"

"That's not necessary, but thank you for the offer. Just send one to me when Klea'mintis returns."

"Will do, Lord Johan."

Yasuo and Blackjack: The Duality of Man

"Zzzz... Those retros are wrong Steven! There's no claim! Noooo, I won't look over them again! Go awayyyyy...Zzzzzz"

Blackjack was speaking in his sleep.

"Those are not gate fees!" He shouted as he woke up in a cold sweat. A work-related nightmare. Or was it an anxiety dream? Regardless...

How much did I sleep? He asked himself as he searched the room for any digital device that showed time.

Ah yes, I forgot we don't have those here. He got up from bed. The feeling was still surreal. He was no longer Yasuo Akira. There was just Blackjack. And he cooled off his head faster than he thought. Why? What changed? Surrely he was still human, despite the increased physical prowes and supernatural skills. What was it in his game character that could have made him more pragmatic than before...?

Could it be the karma?!

He thought about his heteromorph guildmates. They had better control over their emotions than him and Monarch. In their cases the racials would make sense to change their psyche, Blackjack thought. The change in him did not appear major, but it existed, he could feel it. Would he gradually adapt to the karma of his character?

What about my guildmates with evil alignments?

I should not bring it up for now. I need to observe more. With that conclusion reached, Blacjack got out of his room. There was something he needed to test. Namely, did he maintain the full strength of his character? He needed a test run and knew just the person for the job.

Towards the Floor of a Certain Insectoid

"Eh, RD?"

His guild leader was right there with Fever acting strangely and Sage Cockroach being in awe. As somewhat of a battle junkie in-game himself, he wondered...

"Did we both come here with the same idea in mind?" He asked out-loud.

Ah, that was meant to be an inner thought...

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma

Meanwhile at floor 6
DarkV0id was busy with figuring out his new body, in floor six as his custom NPC's in the floor saw him in awe kinoko an area Guardian of the floor was using her druidic magic to shape the ground into various structures as void tried to pass through them without using magic

DV: "it seems I can pass through walls and such if there's even a key hole sized gap, i couldn't do so in the game because of the weird hitboxes of structures, however if a structure is airtight I cannot phase through it, that's true to my skill's flavour text, so it seems we can do whatever our flavour text say, that also explains the changes in my vision and such, as they were mentioned in the flavour text"

Kinoko: "Void-sama that is incredible, you have such incredible observation supereme beings sure aren't supereme for nothing"

DV: "you NPC's have been designed really well, since the flavour text has come to life some of you are now similar to supreme beings in terms of intelligence, you guys would have figured it out at nearly same time as i have"

Kinoko: "surely you jest Void-sama, you are far too kind"

DV: "I have regenerated most of my mana now, I shall be good to go, kinoko thanks for your help, you can take your leave and go help around in the festival or something, speaking of which I wonder how's the preparations going..."

Ghosty had zoned out, wholly losing themselves in their spiraling thoughts that they managed to completely shut out the new world they were in, not having paid attention to anything his fellow guild members had left to do and was left there, alone. He blamed himself. It seems not even getting stuck in another world could get rid of his self-hatred and low self-esteem. They pulled their chair out again, sat down, lowered their head onto the table, and cried. They had no idea how to express any of their new emotions about any of this, and with not a single place in the guild besides his boring and baren room, they just laid there and cried.

Surely I Have to See If I'm Just as Strong Here, Right? [II]​

RD looks to Blackjack, the dermal armor-like face she possesses seems to somehow emote a show of embarrassment. "B-Blackjack... I can assure you I wasn't trying to get handsy with any of the NPCs, if that's what you're asking..." RD points at Blackjack. "..." She pauses, and lowers her arm. "My ability to recognize the flow of energy tells me that you... Aren't feeling 100%... Is everything alright?" RD inquired, but she was almost certain she knew what was going on, and was worried this might've happened to the others.

Her character was always built on being a controlling, and undeniably evil person. Someone who killed without a second thought. From the moment the group passed over, she began to start feeling the urges that would be expected from being in the body of an aberration like the one she now had. A desire for domination, control, and expression of... Less-than-mild-mannered impulses. She had to admit, the way she had written the lore had reincarnated in a lust for the NPCs. It didn't help that the main character designer for the guild, prior to majority of the members leaving, was FLAGS, a notorious doujin artist who had a knack for creating sexually attractive characters.

Omake 1: Nothing Is Worth The Risk​

Ghosty was crying in bed. Why wouldn't they be? In their mind, a life-changing event had shifted the entirety of their existence had just occurred, and they'd done nothing about it. Luckily enough, the NPCs had a support system for this sort of thing. The various bits of lore scattered around every nook and cranny talked about the wide variety of things the NPCs had prepared in case one of the supreme beings died, so similarly to that, it could easily be adapted for taking care of someone.

Whenever Pururinyan-Tan walked in the door, it was okay. "S-Supreme Being Serenity? W-We heard you were crying and Grungelord Shina said that we needed to help comfort you."

We?

Oh... Goodness. I think we might have a problem.

So, you remember how on Floor 7 the two nicest people are a Neko Catgirl and, to put them in the nicest light possible, a Doppelganger who can't quite get the hang of shapeshifting?

That's who was assigned to try and help.

"H-Hello, Supreme B-Being Serenity..." A second voice came. It was sort of hushed, and definitely not the most confident. "I-I hope you prefer the form I have taken to comfort you..."

It was FunFunFun. Even at their cutest, they'd still make a grown man scream like a little girl.
1670017500747.png

They were holding a small wholesome yellow plant in a pot. At least it wasn't terrifying.
1670017745562.png

"S-Serenity... I forgot how much I like being called that," Ghosty chuckles a bit as he sits up and faces the two entered NPCs. Despite how weird he knew they looked, nothing about them surprised him. Like they had seen them so regularly before.
"Thanks for checking up on me... I'm... I'm just not feeling the best." They say truthfully.
"But don't waste your time on me. I'll be fine... eventually... I hope..."

Misunderstandings and Papa Roach

Blackjack blinked a few times at RD's first reply, then stood silent for a few seconds.

"Eh? W-wait, that's not what I meant! Didn't you come here to train with Papa Roach?" Blackjack was so taken by surprise by RD's line of thought that he referred to Sage Cockroach with the nickname he gave him inside his head, without even realising.

---------
"My ability to recognize the flow of energy tells me that you... Aren't feeling 100%... Is everything alright?"
---------

Oh, I didn't know she could do that... Or maybe she started doing that once we arrived here. Blackjack thought.

"I guess you could call it a humanoid issue. If you know what I mean." One of the ways in which many Logos heteromorphs used to make fun of salty human noobs was to simply reply "humanoid issue" instead of "skill issue" whenever they raged, just to piss them off more. It not only implied a skill isssue, but also that humanoids sucked. Of course, it was never directed at Blackjack, and he wouldn't have been affected even if he was. He knew he was objectively a good player. The rest would have been just basic insults, banter, or ad hominem. However, in this case, he was not referring to that. He intentionally spoke in a way that the NPCs would find hard or probably impossible to decipher. But RD would understand what he was talking about: as a humanoid, he had nothing that would calm his emotions or keep them under control as with heteromorphs. However, he also did not mention his theory regarding the Karmatic Alignment and how it could affect everyone.

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma

Users who are viewing this thread

Back