• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord: A Message From Another Time (Closed Applications, For Now...)

OOC
Here

Lord Moldoma

Professional Sweetypie
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Old Endings, New Beginnings

DMMO-RPG. Or, Dive Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game.
In the year 2138 remaining portions of the natural world were a distinctly rare commodity. The natural world, for the average person, had been fully obscured and destroyed by the mass industrialization of the late information age. In combination with the gravitation towards a Corporation-run series of world governments, the world of the 22nd century found solace in the form of virtual reality entertainment. The DMMO-RPG allowed one to jack themselves into a fictional setting with elements that the average human would never get to experience in the real world, via a direct neural-nano interface monitored by a virtual reality helmet. Born from this basic idea came multiple games, such as Aderage, a mech/battlesuit based combat game with a hard-core ranking system. Or the more intense "World of Hate", which was akin to a more surreal RPG similar to the classic 21st century games OFF or Space Funeral, albeit fully in VR.
But the game that undeniably towered over all others and proved time and time again to be the ultimate DMMO-RPG was inarguably "YGGDRASIL."
YGGDRASIL was a game of exploration, and so many things were mysteries left unknown for players to discover on their own or in groups. It was a game where all you were told was the controls before being thrown into the deep end. In other words, the unique thing about YGGDRASIL was the incredible amount of freedom given to the players compared to any other DMMO-RPGs out there. YGGDRASIL's massive setting and mass of options meant that players had the chance to truly express themselves in a world built for roleplay and exploration, in a way that the real world wasn't. Even if it was undeniably pay to win, with enough work, even a player with little money could come to be successful and powerful in their own right.

The game had been active since its release in 2126 AD and until 2138 AD. In the current year, 2138, however, the game's community by then already lost the vibrancy it once had. As a result, the remaining players still playing YGGDRASIL met their final day online.

"So that's it then... They're really Going to end it right here?" Restless Dreamer asked, looking at an online forum through an extra-tab extension discussing with people from out of the guild.
MagnaCarta33:[I guess so.]
Fuzerail:[I knew this day would come anyway tbh. They actually announced it a few days ago...]
"Of course... Of course they'd fucking do this to me." Dreamer said, her character smashing her fist down on the side of the large, black stone chair she was in. Under the immense force of her infuriated fist, even if she had no killing intent, the side of the chair collapsed, breaking into small pieces of useless rock and cracking. "Damnit!"
MagnaCarta33: [Yo, you k???]
"Yeah I just... Broke a Legacy Tier chair... Fuck... I go through these things every couple of days... I'm just gonna... Call the help to get me a new one."
Fuzerail:[You should probably just try and calm down. Aren't you like, the top player or something? Legacy items have gotta be nothing to you at this point right?]
"Fuck man. Being the top player doesn't mean I can just go around smashing shit..."Dreamer countered with contempt in her voice.
AnonHunter:[Lol, X to doubt. Isn't your entire deal that you roleplay a character who's the main villain or something? You kind of only go around smashing shit from what I've heard.]
"Fight me, Anon. You know you'll lose. You're just mad that nobody can stop me whenever I want something destroyed." Dreamer was gradually getting more and more pissed off as the conversation continued. They held their hand up, using a message skill to contact one of the 33 maids currently on duty.
The door to the room opened, and a small dwarven woman wearing a maids dress stepped in, projecting her presence pleasantly and humbly to Dreamer "
Oh Daimashin-O-Heika, Great and glorious ruler of the 9 worlds and most powerful being in all of reality. Whatever may I-"
Dreamer interrupted the pre-written dialogue. They cleared their throat. "Loyal servant, I demand a new chair with which I shall situate my posterior. Have it done at once or I will not hesitate to dole out punishment beyond the comprehension of your feeble mind."Dreamer was fully in character whenever she wasn't on the forums or speaking "/realtalk" with her guildmembers. It was good practice.
"
I will at once, oh great Daimashin-O-Heika!"The servant responded, quickly leaving the room.
AnonHunter:[Do you seriously just roleplay a power fantasy all the time when you're not talking to us? Lol, go outside and touch grass.]
"I'd love to go outside and touch grass, but France isn't exactly a giant arboretum." Dreamer snaps angrily at AnonHunter."It's just as toxic and polluted as the rest of the world."
Fuzerail:[Kind of a bad look TBH Anon...]
AnonHunter:[I don't care lol + skill issue.]
"Fuck off, I'm done talking to you!" Dreamer closed the tab with a huff. She opened up the group messages. "Hey everyone... It's RD. Normally I'm in character and stuff. You know, big scary monster god who destroys people at the drop of a hat and all but... Just... Come to the roundtable room okay? I need to talk with you face to face..."

DarkV0id logs in to the game and gives everything around him a good look and sighs thinking to himself
[So this is it than... This might be the last time I ever log in, I have no idea what will I do after the servers shut down, this is a place poured my soul into, just why does it all have to end]

DarkV0id opens the chat and calmly reads it, he thinks RD's reaction to be only natural, he than takes a deep breath and slowly walks towards the roundtable room, where he could have just teleported he rather walks the wholeway through observing every little detail that he and his guildmates have created this far, his pace slow and his celestial cape bellowing without any wind,

any and all NPC's bowing to in response to him walking nearby giving the coded response "Oh your Etherial Darkness how may we be of service today"
This responce which would have annoyed DarkV0id because of how many times would have heard it, just bought back fun memories

DarkV0id finally reached the conference room with his slow pace, chuckling as he went inside and said in his evil lord voice

DarkV0id:
"Ku-huh.. So this is it than, all we have created, all gone in an instant lost in the eternal darkness, I know exactly how you feel, as I have also poured my dark soul into creating this world OUR WORLD"

He takes deep breath and says in a somber tone, in his original voice which he rarely used, he now spoke not as DarkB0id but as Naomi:

"Out of character guys.. this might be the last time we'll be meeting in this game, it's a sad reality but unfortunately it is how it is, it's no use thinking about if only"s there's nothing we can do about it... *Deep breath* but hey atleast we'll have the memories, so any ideas on. What to do for our last moments?"

Archlich logs into the game.

Patricia had put together an end of the world party. The remaining members had turned out. Patricia was tacking contact info and real world pictures. She was determined that the family they built wouldn't fall apart.

She 'catered' the event with zombies in waiter outfits, a jazz band of Skeletons, and deathknkghts as 'bouncers'.

Patricia came in. She opted to speak out of character. "Well guy, my petition to save the game failed..but I have the game codes and our profiles. We can continue playing, but it wouldn't be the same."She said. "I'll need some donations to get a server, but tonight. We 'die' with this world!" Patricia cheered.

Johan logged into the game and took one long walk through the floors. It was for personal pleasure, something to help him remember the fruits of their labour before the game wiped out all trace of it. He stayed longer at the 4th floor before recieving the group message, briskly reading through it.

He understood his Guildmaster's message, and began to leave the floor, saying goodbye to his NPC before heading down to the roundtable. Reaching the room, he raised his hand in greeting, unable to speak at the moment.

Lyse
OIP (11).jpg

Lyse logged onto the game, knowing full well it was going to be the final day of the game that had been around for years. She pondered how long it had been since she started to play, annoyed that the amount of time and money she had put into the game was going to be all for nothing. After all companies looked for the next profitable thing and she knew the population of the game had declined over the years.

Walking through the city as she moved through her home, only to be called to the conference room by the guild master. Eventually reaching the roundtable, she saw that she was the last to arrive. Taking her usual seat in the room as Patricia spoke. "The fact you managed to get that much of the code is surprising, just don't the company find out," she warned her guild mate. "So what have we all been called here for at the 11th hour?" She inquired.

DarkV0id stood there for a moment thinking about the topic being discussed and replied

DV: "well even if we copy the world it won't really work would it, I mean it would just be us few folks, where's the fun in that, isn't our whole deal being dark evillords that stand above the other players, and we where called here because well these are the final few moments of the game so think of this as a farewell party? Atleast that's what I thought we came here for"

He said in his normal voice, it was clear he was out of character which was rare for DarkV0id to do who usually embraced his roleplay side and conveyed even casual talk in that fashion trying his hardest to not break the fourth wall, but now during Yggdrasil's final moments that filter was off

Restless Dreamer

"You know I'm not good for money. I spent all of my extra pay on cash Items, Patricia." Restless Dreamer tells Patricia. " Running a server is a big task, and it's pretty hard to work out legally. Not to mention, we'd be the only ones here, just us, the NPCs we've made, and the naturally spawning monsters. Killing off loads of monsters and dungeon delving isn't what it used to be. Whenever I was a green sapling of a level 90, sure, but now? I can smash through anything that isn't an event-boss/world enemy, without much trouble." She sighs.

"And fighting you guys just makes me feel bad. Even if that's totally uncharacteristic of my role. Same reason I don't copy your abilities, and stuff, aside from the fact that the guild voted on it, mainly just the reason that I haven't asked anyone." Restless dreamer sighs. "The smell of the game was guild-wars and Player-killing PVP till the end, but... The moon is falling from the sky and the sweet tea well is running dry... Even if we started up our own private server, what is the Logos guild without a bunch of other guilds to ransack?"

"Yo, Yohan, Dark, feel free to sit down." She said, seemingly somewhat relaxed, notably though she referred to neither of them with an honorific. Not because she sought to be rude or uncaring, but because she really felt like the guild was as close to a family as she had, ergo she referred to them with a yobisute.

"Glad you could make it. Lyse. Now for-" She greeted Lyse but was interrupted before she could finish her thought by the entry of one of the maid corp members.

"Oh great daimashin-o-heika, please forgive my oh so rude interruption, and take pity on my wayward soul. I have come to inform you, as demanded, we have procured the [Item. Chair] you requested." A lizard maid steps in to the room. Two more maids, one the dwarven maid from earlier, and one elf maid walk in, holding the chair in question. They set it down next to RD's chair, and RD lets out an audible sigh through the voice chat before swinging over the side of her first chair and onto the second. The two maids then grab the old, partially destroyed chair and quickly move out of the room. "Oh great daimashin-o-heika, is there anything else I may-" The lizard maid was interrupted mid-sentence by a somewhat annoyed RD waving her hand.

"You can leave. Just assume I threw in something demeaning in here. I'm not up to roleplay right now." RD's tone was deadpan, the maid NPCs quickly scurrying out of the door, programmed to tread lightly and treat OOC RD with the same care as when she was annoyed in-character.

RD snatches a tempura skewer off a plate of tempura skewers that one of the undead waitstaff had brought to her table. Which brings into view the fact that she had amassed quite the collection of finished and half finished plates. on the round-table. Which almost looked sort of wrong, considering the high tech nature of the "Roundtable." This was something she did whenever something was bothering her in game. It had only happened once before. The olfactory manipulation comforted her, and the body she had in game - being a demon, and all - wasn't easily fattened up after a meal... Or two... Or three... Or... Actually.. She ate a lot, all things considered. RD's mouth, which didn't even really open whenever she was speaking half the time, stretched open, her jaw unhinging, she ate the meat on the skewer in a single bite, swallowing it down, and pulling out the now lonely, bare wooden skewer.

"Kind of weird that we have Humans, Elves, and Dwarves living with us here in a dungeon. I guess it makes it more lively right... Ah, that reminds me you guys remember the war with Arcadia? When they had their dwarf engineers use the stuff from the Valkyrie's Downfall expansion pack to construct that mech to defend their city... Uh... Mega-Bazingar, was it called? And we all agreed that I'd be allowed to fight it one on one and I chopped it in half vertically just to flex on the enemy guild, and-... Fuck... Man, I'm getting off topic. S-Sorry... I uh... Kind of have a tendency to wander to better times when I'm not focused on being in character." Hearing RD speak to the other players like this was a rare bird of an event, she only did so in private.

If the group ever left the confines of their guildbase, she was almost always in character. Ironically, her real personality was kind of a polar opposite to her character, OOC she was pretty disorganized and, at least since guildmembers started leaving, pretty morose/melancholic, despite roleplaying a character who was a powerful, calculating and violent monster lord. So much for keeping up her appearances. But that hardly mattered right now to her. Right now she just wanted to spend her final moments online with her friends, honestly, without some fanciful filter of some fantastical character.

"Ri-Right why I called you here. I um..." She pauses for a moment. Holding out her arm to one of the passing zombie waiters and snatching a glass of Ilampol Pescatore off of a platter the zombie was holding.

"Listen... We've made a lot of memories together and... And I... I really felt like I was somebody with you guys... Whether it was practicing a healthy amount of humanoid population control, going on grand escapades and crusades just to get one more world item, Or even just building this place with you I..." She lightly shakes the glass around as she speaks, obviously using the motion as a crutch to morosely think on.

"I can't even fathom giving this up... I... I open my blinds and all I see are pitch-stained skies and people who're miserable with their lives... I was too... Th-This world we made... even if it was just in a silly game called YGGDRASIL... It was a beacon of hope... It let me forget..." Restless Dreamer is almost audibly tearing up on the other end of the voice-chat. She drinks the Ilampol, though due to her resistance to poison/acid, it does little to affect her body, a waste of a drink she'd never be able to taste in real life.

"I never liked alcohol in the real world either... Too tasteless... Either way... Better now than never... Cause... It's just gonna fade into history, isn't it...?"Dreamer posits semi-rhetorically, though in truth, her heart was screaming for an answer. Any answer, as long as it was honest, and as long as it realized, she wasn't talking about the alcohol in the first place. "Can you answer me something, everyone?"

"You'll forgive me if I ask you to stay on the server with me 'til the end, right?"

Patricia was about to retort when they were called by RD. Patricia was going to bring this fan run server idea to vote. She wasn't giving up her family, her only family, without waging a one Archlich war.

She listened to RD's Passionate speech. "I'm staying to the end. But I want to bring something to a guild vote. As you know, the Save YGGDRASIL movement failed, I even sent a week in jail for a..disagreement. by the remaining fan base is strong and passionate. I've been in contact from the movement. They want me involved with creating unofficial servers to continue YGGDRASIL. I told them I would only agree if you guys would be on board." Patricia said.

"Everyone here. You're more than just my guild mates, my best friends. Your my family. You were the first ones who accepted me, even after you found out I'm trans." She said. "Now my brother's, my sister's. I'm asking you to keep YGGDRASIL alive. Regardless of what you decide, I'll stay to the bitter end." She said, sitting down.

DarkV0id listened to them both and calmly replied

"We have like 20 minuites until the server shuts off, I did ask GL!TCH-San to ask for help but it was beyond what he could do, we could run this fan server yes, but that would be but a cheap copy, I will stay here till the server shutdown but I am sorry, Yggdrasil had it's charm and it pulled us towards it, but if we just try to hold onto it's dieing embers we will ultimately just be disappointed, so it's up to you guys if you want to try the fan server idea go for it but I want to have only good memories of this game, not a bad aftertaste"

He paused for a moment before continuing
" I know how you feel, and believe me I feel the same but the fan server will just ruin our mood more in my opinion, so let's just enjoy the final 15-20 minutes of the game we all love, and well keep the memories"

Johan nodded his head in agreement. "Unfortunately, I have to agree. It's for the best that we end on a bittersweet note instead of trying to keep the bare minimum alive. Plus, it's charm would likely die off if we kept playing the game in a static state."

Patricia sighed. There was no use fighting a rising tide. "Ok. I've tried every single thing I could thing of. But I guess fate is against us." She said, actually crying. "I at least have all your IRL contact information so we can stay in touch." Patricia said, trying to be strong, and failing to stop from crying. "Can we at least stay friends, I don't want to go back to being alone, I can't!" She shouted, slaming her fists down on the table. there was and akward silence. "I'm sorry. I just don't want us to loose touch with each other" She said softly.

Last edited:
Lyse
OIP (11).jpg

Lyse sighed over the voice channel as the various speeches took place. While she liked the game, there was other things that could keep her preoccupied. While it was sad to see the game would be gone forever, the memories would always be there. "I have to agree with the others, if you want a fan server go for it however it will be only a cheap copy of the original," she concluded leaning back in the chair as the other chair was brought out.

She was very much content to just sit here if she had the options, she saw no reason to not sit here. Though she wasn't sure if the others had other things to do as well. Many people were hosting events throughout the game to watch the end of the game so many players had dedicated time to over the years. "Well I see nothing wrong with sitting here I suppose," she concluded.

Restless Dreamer

A moment passes, only a moment, it feels like a year from the anticipation of the change, the fear, no, the existential dread that something that was your life for 7 years was going to all blow away like dust in the wind, fading into the sands of time, like the ashes of a loved one into the sea. "You know. It's funny... I didn't know Japanese until about a year before I played this game... The only reason I think I can speak it so fluently is 'cause I've been talking to you guys for so many years..." Restless Dreamer tries to think of happier times. "If those damn corpos ever figure out some sort of way to clean up the earth, and fix the terrible things humanity has done... I hope to visit Japan one day..."

"Wishful thinking I guess..." Restless Dreamer's character leans back in her chair, clasping their hands together. "It won't be long now... Anything left to say?" Her right hand balances her chin while her left hand swings out slightly. That is
right, she got a character movement aesthetic from the cash item shop. Perhaps it had more of an evil overlord vibe to it? I mean, at least it matched her character's general appearance.

DarkV0id takes a good look at everyone sitting there and says in his usual deep darklord voice

DarkV0id: " I don't think there's much to say, but don't you guys think it'll be wasteful of our final moments if we just sit here, why don't we take a long walk and see our glorious creations for one last time"

As he finishes speaking and taking a menacing pose an thunder effect is produced by an cash shop purchase
And a few Japanese characters(ゴゴゴゴ) appear floating around him.

Patricia did a happy school girl jump. "Sounds wonderful DarkV0id." She smiling, feeling better, but only a little. She stood up, her arms behind her/ Patricia bought a lot of feminine poses. She also bought various cash shop items. She did great on the tournament circuit. She had bought huge amounts of cash shop items. Anything to help Patricia. Patrick in real life had even bought a sound board to sound like a girl.

Last edited:
Lyse
OIP (11).jpg

Lyse watched as DarV0id struck a pose with the thunder effect. "Very flashy," she replied teasingly, clapping her hands. Standing up from her chair she stretched out for a moment. "Well that sounds like an idea that I can't refuse," Lyse replied as she waited for the rest of the group to be ready.

Restless Dreamer

RD stood up from her chair, pushing it back casually despite its fairly significant weight. "You're right. It'd be a shame to not get to visit the NPCs one last time..." Restless pops her neck which apparently she still can do despite her far-superior-to-human physiology, they walk towards the door, making the first move to lead the group. The door opens. "Where-to first?" She asks, cocking her head to one side. "If we need to get anywhere more distant than the city, I can make a portal for us."

Last edited:
"can we end with my castle. I want to sleep in my bed one last time." Patricia said sadly. While in the dungeon, Her castle was considered it's own little autonomous zone. It was Patricia's safe space. It was precious to her. Her undead were her babies, she loved them very much.

Last edited:
"if it's just our creations we want to see we can just call them anywhere, let's maybe call everyone to the memorial wing maybe where our exploits and fun memories have been engraved, after which we can do a complete tour if we are left with time" DarkV0id suggested

Lyse
OIP (11).jpg

Lyse nodded; the memorial wing was brought up as a suggestion on where to go. "That would be the most ideal place if you all want to walk down memory lane," she agreed with her fellow guild member. "Plenty of space to call the npcs," she concluded, waiting for the others to lead the way.

Restless Dreamer

"Alright then... The memorial wing." Dreamer points her hand out with her index finger extended in a somewhat relaxed pose, indicative of a menacing lack of effort. The ring on her middle finger flashes a bright purple.

A portal, similar to a Gate Spell, albeit with a more "cosmic" motif, manifested in the doorway.

"Yeah, sorry, I don't have a gate spell, you guys remember when I got the prize for the cosmic horror Class? I wanted portals. I was uh... Really into getting around without having to run everywhere or ask Johan/Patricia/GL1TCH. It's basically no limits gate, bar world class items."

"It gives the cosmic effect to my attacks if I enable it to. Only item in the game that does so. Sort of a shame that I never got to use it much. Nobody we fought was ever strong enough for me to need to."

Last edited:
DarkV0id nods in agreement and spoke

"That is to show how far ahead our guild was to other guilds to gain such rare items in our possessions, even I wasn't able to recreate that item, the best I could make was a ring imbued with the gate spell, that required user's mana, I was basically impractical because it required more mana than if you knew the spell, however I did produce a few rings with greater greater teleportation with few uses per day stored at the treasury"

After which he stepped through the cosmic gate created by RD, which had a similar aesthetic to DV's skin, this gate linked the the conference room with the memorial wing, after teleporting to memorial wing DV looked at the structures, statues and tablets that decorated the room, with various engravings recording the guild's most notable achievements, among which a few stood out amongst the rest, these weren't carvings per day but rather full blown paintings made by few of the artistically gifted guild members

"This is the history we created together as a guild, it's a shame to know what fate awaits for it in the next 15 minuites"

After which DarkV0id took out an magic item resembling an crystal orb

"The orb of sending, this magic item is capable multi casting message to multiple people, this item dosen't have an upper limit but uses more mana the more people it is sending to, but it's not like I need to conserve mana right now"

DarkV0id said while holding the orb as he casted message to connect to all player created NPC's
"Denizens of the Logos guild base, your creators, the ones above all have summoned you to the memorial wing" he said while calling them to the memorial wing

They arrived in droves. It was nothing impressive, they were just summoned to one location. They were organized by floor. They stood at attention, ready to receive orders.

Patricia look sadly upon them this would be the last time they'd be together. She had made NPC's, but never shared them.

"I have a confession. I made NPC's of my own. They were designed to fight you guys if you betrayed me. I know I shouldn't of made them, but after my old guild rejected me, I couldn't take the chance of being hurt like that again." She confessed.

ChaoticSerenity has logged on.
Ghosty spawns inside the roundtable room, sniffling and sighing constantly as if they were crying. They are then suddenly alarmed by the fact no one was there. They started to panic before calming down as they see the portal open close to RD's chair. They try their best to calm themselves before stepping through.
"S-Sorry for being late guys," They say, not using the effeminate voice filter he used constantly until the last few times he was online. Taking a look at the memorial wing and everyone standing In it solemnly, Ghosty just couldn't help but burst into tears.
"I-I c-can't believe it'll all be gone!" He says in pure sadness and grief.
"Y-You all meant so much to me! Th-This game was always my escape from my own fucked up mind and you all are my best friends! I can't believe I almost slept through these last moments with you all! I swear I cried myself to sleep last night knowing this was happening today! I don't know what I'll do with myself now that I won't be logging in daily! This... This is all... I don't... What will... I going... AAAHHHH!" Ghosty rambles before dissolving into a crying mess. It was ironic how emotional Ghosty was even though he roleplayed being a heartless assassin. If anything, he was probably the most emotional person here, having done nothing but confess his feelings to all the other guild members and even to NPCs ever since he heard the news of the server shutting down. Now, his avatar was reflecting him perfectly in real life: a crying mess quaking on the ground.

DarkV0id takes a deep breath, looking at his guildmate breakdown like that he couldn't help break his character

"Chaotic-san, don't be like that we all fell the same, we can't really do anything about it, but you know why we love this place right.. because we could escape reality here, shouldn't we all just remember the good times it has given, look at the positives you know, I don't want to remember you as a crying mess won't you agree, shouldn't we preserve our last moments here being our best selves"

shifting midway through his speach to his more usual roleplay voice

"Let us act as we usually do, as battle hardened yet refined evel lords because that's the memory I want to preserve won't you agree to it too"

He ends this speech with yet another thunder effect as before, striking an overly exaggerated pose
Before stopping and apologizing

"I am sorry chaotic-san I don't want to force you to act a certain way, if I came out as that i apologise, I just I am.... *Sigh you get my point"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back