• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Music of the Night: The Phantom of the Opera Returns (Guile & Melody)

As they landed, she laughed, kissing the smooth lips that she treasured so much. "That was an eternity in a singer's years." She kissed him even more, traveling down his neck. "You should have known that, Erik, when I married you, we wouldn't be separated. Not even in our dreams." Then, she heard that he practiced in the mirror. "That's why you weren't beside me?!?" Her voice echoed just as much. "What was that?" A young woman asked, hearing it. "Christine Daae is alive?!?" Christine realized her mistake as soon as it happened. "Yes, yes." Poligny answered. "Apparently, her Angel of Music has her fully brainwashed now. Even manipulating her into marriage." Christine got an idea. "Um, my Phantom? Maybe you should tell them that I was kidnapped." She teased, wanting to cause some more chaos. "To scare them." She laughed.

The soft touch of Christine's lips on his skin was almost too much for Erik. He found himself going silent, breathing lightly as he felt her soft, wet lips grace his neck. He was hardly able to focus on what she was saying, but he heard enough to make him laugh. Then, he went silent as he heard a woman mention Christine. He laughed again at Poligny's answer, then at Christine's idea. "Why, that's a marvelous idea, my sweet!" He whispered to to excitedly before standing and helping her up off the floor as well. "You are starting to become more devious by the minute!" Chuckling, then forcing himself to stop and put on a serious tone, he opened the door to box five once again. Slipping just inside the door and making sure no one heard or saw him do so, Erik let out an evil, booming laugh. "Brainwashed?" He echoed through the room again. "My friends, you wish she were brainwashed! As does she...No. I kidnapped her! And unless you want me to do so to another of your singers, then you shall do as I ask!" Erik turned his head to look at Christine and winked at her, an amused grin on his lips.

Christine wasn't going to allow him to have all of the fun. She wanted to have her own brand of fun. Sighing, she opened the door and hugged him tightly. As she did, she pretended, like always, that she was being tortured. "Listen to him!" She screamed, then kissed Erik passionately. Breaking the kiss, Christine continued. "He'll kill the next girl!" She watched Erik to make sure that he understood the tease. "You understand this, right?" She whispered, then started screaming again. "There's no escape! He's going to keep me here, forever!" She 'cried.' "Do what you must to stop this rampage!"

Erik had to force back a laugh when Christine back in and started helping him, enjoying the fright they were putting on the managers. He whispered back in her ear, his smile larger than ever, "Of course!" He teased her, "I'm just going with it...having fun. Maybe they'll listen to me now." Erik held out his one hand, the palm side up, and smacked it with the back of his other hand, causing it to sound like he had hit Christine. "Silence!" He yelled, supposedly at Christine, desperately trying to hold back his laughter at how ridiculous, yet believable, this sounded. "Enough of your talk woman!" Then, he addressed the managers. "Heed my warning, Monsieurs. For the woman is right - I shall kill the next one I take, no question about it."

The two men on stage stood there, dumbstruck. "Christine is alive?" One asked the other, but Catherine wasn't watching them, so she didn't know which one it was. "Of course she is. The Phantom of the Opera wouldn't kill a woman that he forced into marriage." A woman, who Catherine recognized as the wretch, Carlotta, cut into her ears. Christine let out a cry of agony as she was slapped and threw herself to the floor of the Box, begging for mercy. "Please, have a heart! Do not harm them!" She cried. "Please, have mercy! I sacrificed myself for them!" She also had to stifle laughter, before the managers called off the rehearsal. "Enough! That is quite enough for today!" They waved their hands. Catherine wanted to laugh, but, if her parents were trying to help, she couldn't. Carlotta gasped. "Well, that precious little angelou got what she deserved, didn't she?" She sounded confident. "Honestly, voices in the walls will cause trouble!" Poligny stopped her. "Enough of you for today, Senora." Everyone left.

As everyone cleared out, Erik stood there in the shadows trying to hold his laughter. He didn't say another word to the managers, figuring that they got the message. Then, he got down on the floor of the box beside Christine and let out an extremely quiet laugh and wrapped his arm around her. As he kissed Christine he couldn't stop smiling. He whispered in her ear, "sorry for 'hitting' you. I've become so abusive, haven't I? The next one I go after will be that dreadful Carlotta!" Erik grinned, still trying to keep his laugh as silent as possible. "She deserves a good smack across the face."

Christine laid there, whimpering for a long time, shaking, as well. "Please, don't do it again." She whined, her smile just sticking out on her face. "I promise to obey you. The first time you tell me to do something, I'll do it." She promised to him. Her tease was evident. "I love you so much.You must learn patience when it comes to me. I'm very stubborn." Catherine opened the door and saw them. "So, you kidnapped her?" She teased as well. "I knew that would happen sooner or later."

Eri laughed, trying to tease back though his smile was evident. "Well...alright. I suppose I could try and be more patient with you. Then again, I could always hit you for suggesting that!" He rose his hand in the air as if he were going to strike her, but stopped and brought it down lightly and caressed her cheek with the back of his hand as he placed a soft kiss on her lips. That's when Catherine walked in. "Oh! C-Catherine!" Erik was so startled that he broke the kiss jumping back about a foot away from Christine. His face was red from embarrassment and he stuttered when he spoke. "O-of course I did! You...you didn't think I would let her be free person for very long, did you?" He tried to play along, but kept rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

Christine blushed lightly as she got to her feet, still feeling the impression of his fingers against her skin. "Well, it was a wonderful experience, either way, my dear mate." Christine kissed his cheek. "I don't remember coming quietly, though." She faked a choking sound. "Remember that? You had me in your clutches and brought me down." Catherine raised her brow. "No, I didn't think you'd allow her any escape." Catherine came in a little more, kissed her mother, then her father. "Then again, you love her." She cuddled into him.

Erik laughed at Christine's comment. "That's for damn sure!" He teased her. "You were as loud and obnoxious as you could be!" He opened his arms and let Catherine cuddle into him, chuckling warmly at the touch of his not-so-little girl. "You're mother can be so dramatic sometimes!" He whispered, loud enough for Christine to hear as well. "I swear, the way she sounded you would have thought I was chocking her to death!" Erik grinned innocently at Christine. "But, you're right." He spoke to Catherine, but didn't take his eyes off of his wife. "Unfortunately, I love her."

Catherine smiled, taking in that familiar smell of her father, assuring herself that he was still there. That he was real. "Oh, I was obnoxious? You're horrible, dear." Christine whispered, though she didn't have to. "Now that our stage is cleared, why don't we head far above here, to your favorite spot?" She teased, having first thought about the stage, but then thought of that balcony. "I'll leave you, Mother. Father." She added, then skipped down the hallway, away from them.

Erik chuckled, letting Catherine go and smiling as he watched her leave them. Turning to Christine, he took her hand in his and patted the back of her hand lightly with his other. "Alright, my dear. Let's!" He agreed, happily. As Erik lead her out of the box and shut the door behind them he couldn't stop smiling. "Are you sure you want to go to my favorite spot?" Chuckling, Erik placed a kiss on her cheek. "What about yours, my love?"

"Well, I would feel horrible for going to mine, again, for the thousandth time this month." She laughed and led him, almost adding a skip to her step as well. "It wouldn't be the least bit fair." Christine's eyes were shining brightly. "Of course, the daylight will be shining on us, therefore, it is your choice. I am not the man. I shouldn't make decisions." She teased him.

"Oh, dear...you put too much pressure on me." Erik teased, laughing at her excitement. She was always so beautiful, but now...God, her eyes were so bright and she was practically skipping. Perhaps it was the fact that it was Erik making her feel this way - all his life he had never thought he could be loved, let alone make a woman this happy. "But...you're right. You're horrible at decisions." Erik teased, knowing very well she was far better at making decisions. "No matter, love! Let us go out into the sunlight - you deserve some time out of the dark, Christine." He caught up with her, almost running now, holding her hand in his until they reached the door to the roof. Practically shoving it open, they burst out into the warmth of the sun.

The feeling of the sun hitting her face was grand! The warmth hit her like a soft caress from Erik. The feeling of the rays against her cheeks was slowly taking her away from him for a long time. It was taking her from the dark, calling to her. "Oh, my goodness!" She climbed up and made it to the roof. "I've never seen something so beautiful in my life!" The smell of bakeries and flower shops and restaurants all came to her at once. "The smells, the sights!" She twirled in a circle once, then stopped, letting her hair consume her face.

Erik stood by and smiled, lost in the sight of her taking in the sights, sounds, and smells that Erik hardly noticed. He watched her twirl and his heart fluttered in his chest. He walked over to her, took her hand, and led her to the edge so that she could look down on the world below them. Smiling, he wrapped his arms around Christine from behind and kissed her neck. Finally, he allowed himself to be consumed by the world around and not just Christine. It was intoxicating, he had to admit. He had hardly realized what he was missing out on below. "It is beautiful." He agreed, not really noticing it before.

Christine felt his lips against the crook of her neck and started to forget herself and let go of everything. "Oh..." she gasped, finally realizing what he was doing. "Are you enjoying yourself, Master?" She reached around him to pat his hair. "You must look at me more for myself and not my body." She teased, stifling a moan of pleasure, but not letting it go past that, just a sound. "My sweet Phantom, let's not do this right now."

Erik removed his lips from her neck and smiled sweetly at her. "Oh, Christine, you mustn't think all of my kisses are advances." He laughed, but agreed with her in his mind. "And I assure you, I do look at you for yourself. You are very beautiful - outside and in." Though his voice was playful and he knew Christine understood that, a part of him felt a little guilty. He hoped more than anything that her words weren't entirely true - Erik wanted her to be confident that he loved her for more than her body.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I understand what you are to say, my Erik. My beautiful Erik." She corrected herself. "I know how much you truly love me and for what reasons that you do." She moved her hand from his elbow, all the way down his hand and left it there, swaying. "I love you just as much, if not more." She heard the hustle and bustle of people gathering below. "I don't remember a show being planned." She spoke softly. "What is happening? Have Debienne and Poligny reached their decision yet?" She prayed that they did, but part of her hoped that they decided to stick with Carlotta, just for the thrill of seeing her husband in action. "I hate when our time is shortened due to my career." She didn't allow him to let go.

Erik smiled at the touch of her hand against his. He was distracted by her and unable to focus on the people below at first, but when she mentioned the group Erik noticed at last. Looking over the edge, Erik raised his brow in confusion. "I'm not sure, Christine." He sounded as though he were trying to remember if there was any talk of a show. Erik couldn't remember any, as Christine had said. "Perhaps they did decide..." He went to leave but realized she wasn't going to let him separate their hands. Erik smiled at her, not planning on letting go. "Come, let's go below and see if we can hear what's going on."

With a final glance below at the forming crowd, she asked her burning question, with the slightest tease forming as well. "Erik, what will you do if they choose Carlotta?" She asked, the question just itching to escape her lips. Seeing that he was not stopping, she called after him. "Well, wait for me, Erik. You know how much I hate being alone." She followed after, squeezing him around the middle when she was close enough. "You aren't being very gentlemanly, dear."

Erik's attention was shifted to Christine when he felt her arms around him. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around her. "I'm sorry, dear. You're right. I'm just so anxious to see what's happening." Erik took her question into consideration, a grin on his lips. "You know, Christine? I was thinking the very same thing because, in all honesty, I haven't thought about it. However, I did promise them a broken chandelier..." He laughed as they made their way through the halls. "I suppose, simply to keep my promise, I'll have to give them that first. You know how I am about my promises." Erik joked.

"Just, make sure that no one important to us is harmed, please." She wasn't worried at all. The Phantom would never harm his daughter. "I'd rather not have to bury her." She smiled a little awkwardly at this, frightened of him making a mistake and hurting Catherine, Andrew or the Girys in the process. Following him, or rather, being dragged along beside him, she thought of how this would all play out. Catherine was back on the stage, in the center with Carlotta. Smiling at her, she whispered. "Good luck." The elder woman scoffed. "Child."

"Don't worry, dear." Erik smiled warmly at Christine and opened the door to box five slowly, so that it did not make a noise. He went there so that he could see what was happening on stage before he took any drastic measures. "I've had plenty of practice with this." Erik chuckled softly, but reassured Christine. "I will be very careful, I promise." Looking out at the stage, he saw both Carlotta and Catherine on center stage. Standing in silence, Erik waited to see what was going on. He wasn't entirely sure.

Catherine's heart pounded furiously beneath her skin. Everything that she had done, all the effort that she put into her work, came down to a few small words. Catherine, you've been chosen for the lead. You've been chosen for the lead. She kept telling herself this as she held her fingers crossed behind her. "Please," Poligny started off. "Stay silent as I reveal the new lead in our future performances. Please, Monsieur, get on with it! She begged in her mind, practically jumping out of her skin in childish excitement. "We would be counted as fools, should we forget to thank both lovely ladies for their hard work. But, we must announce our star." Christine, hearing all of this, gripped the arms of her chair so roughly that it was ripping. "Get on with it!" She growled, not loud enough to be heard. "Please, help me accept Madame Carlotta Guidicelli as our new star!" He applauded, causing the cast to follow suit. Catherine should have seen this coming, but, instead of crying like the little girl she once was, she joined in the applause for the exasperated woman, who was blowing kisses in all directions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back