• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Music of the Night: The Phantom of the Opera Returns (Guile & Melody)

"Of course, dear." Erik said to Christine, holding her close to him so that she didn't loose her balance. Turning to Catherine he smiled, trying to get himself to focus. "Don't worry, Catherine. She'll be alright, she just needs some sleep." When Erik turned around, Christine was already in bed, which surprised him that she got there without falling. The idea made Erik laugh for some reason, starting with a soft chuckle then growing a little louder. His face was as red as if he had run several miles, but he made it to the bed without falling and crawled in beside Christine, his laughing having stopped. It seemed as if he had now fallen into one of those quiet drunken stages. "Christine." Erik started softly. "I love you." He didn't know why he said it, though it was the truth it was rather random. Turning over in the bed he wrapped an arm around her and kissed her.

Catherine watched them go. "O-Okay, my father." She wasn't sure about this still, but let it go as she curled up in the chair, to give her parents the bed tonight. "Lillith, bed time." Catherine held out her one arm to Lilly and the other to Ali. Both children nearly sank into Catherine's arms and were soon asleep. Catherine, on the other hand, stayed awake, dreaming about her childhood. He seems to have taken quite the interest in you. Her father had said that before he was her father. "To be completely honest, you intrigued me, Father. I loved how you would sneak up like that."

Being drunk, Erik was hardly thinking about Catherine and the children still being home. All he could think about was Christine and the traditional wedding night. He whispered to her, knowing that she was tired, and asked permission. "My darling, are you too tired to carry on an old tradition?" Erik chuckled a little bit, remembering what she had said earlier. "After all, what is a ceremony without traditions?"

Christine, also being impaired at the moment, sighed. "Oh, alright." She kissed him, giving him permission. "Just, don't wake the children." She kissed him again as she pulled him forward. Everything went black at last, leaving Catherine to her memories of her rather strange childhood. "You were so amazing, Papa. I thought the world of you." Admitting this to herself, a single tear fell before falling asleep.

After quite a while, Erik and Christine's moment had ended and Erik found himself lying beside her, staring up at the ceiling. He smiled to himself and thought about the fact that they had made love as husband and wife, at last. Turning back over on his side, he placed a kiss on Christine's cheek and wrapped an arm around her again before drifting off into sleep for the remainder of the night. It was a peaceful sleep, filled with thoughts of his beautiful new bride and all of his lovely children. When he woke, he wasn't surprised to fine that he woke with a smile on his face.

Christine woke up when Erik's made the smallest shift in movement. Her eyes fluttered open, but she did not sit up or move. Christine was far too comfortable for such things. "Did you enjoy yourself last night, dear?" She moved her head up to look at him. "You finally got your wish, manipulating me into marriage." She teased. "I had to do it, or our song would be over, remember?" She kissed his cheek. "So manipulative."

Erik grinned, for hearing her voice first thing in the morning was a beautiful thing to him. After she kissed his cheek, he turned over on his side to face her and wrapped an arm around her, running his hand over her back. "Why, of course I did. It was the happiest night of my life, I promise you that." Placing a soft kiss on her lips, the memories of last night came rushing back to him, causing him to smile again. Erik chuckled at her comment. "Manipulative? Oh, I thought you went into our marriage of your own free will!" He teased her, speaking softly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christine scoffed, the feeling of his arm around her, his fingers on her back making her blush. "I cannot believe that you didn't like your cake!" She argued. "I'm sure that people spent a long time on it." She kissed him once more, before pulling back the gossamer curtains and stepping out into her home now. "Catherine?" Christine shook her, gently of course. "Wha?" Their daughter groaned as she woke. Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes and gently got up to avoid waking the twins. "Wake up, child. You have that rehearsal, correct?" Christine raised her brow. "I assure you that Debienne and Poligny aren't going to appreciate it if you're late." Catherine rubbed her eyes again as she listened. "Debienne and Poligny don't know me, remember? I was born after they left." Christine raised her brow. "Just go. Don't be late. Trust me, they don't appreciate it." She took her husband by the hand as Catherine obeyed, hurrying to get ready.

"Well, I prefer my cake on a plate and not shoved in my face. Perhaps then I could have enjoyed it more." Erik joked, laughing and following Christine out from behind the curtains. Standing beside her as Catherine woke, he let Christine take his hand as their daughter got ready. "Don't worry about those two fools," Erik joked to Catherine, "I'll put them in their place again if they have any problems with you." Of course, Erik was joking, but at the same time he meant it. If the old managers were going to be like Tremaine then he would most definitely have to do something about it. Erik hoped that they would be more reasonable than Tremaine - he didn't remember them being nearly as bad, hopefully they hadn't gotten worse.

As the young actress lifted her skirt just enough to move faster along the extended path to her beloved stage, she looked at every clock that she came across. "Almost...there!" She kept telling herself. "Almost there!" At last, she climbed the staircase and came up through.the.mirror in Christine's dressing room. "Made..made it." She held her knees, until the hustle and bustle of the arts reached her. "Hurry up! Hurry, ladies!" Madame Giry hurried them along. Upon seeing Catherine, her voice became stern. "Miss Daae, please!" She rushed inside and practically threw the costume at Catherine, who dressed quickly. Reaching the stage, she froze again. "Oh, dear..." She was intimidated by her new managers. What if they found out about her?

Erik watched Catherine take off for the stage and he hoped that she would get there in time. He also didn't want her to start off on the wrong foot with the new managers. Concerned, he turned to Christine. "Do you think she'll be alright? I mean, what if the managers refuse her because...because she's my daughter?" There was a hint of guilt in Erik's eyes as he realized, not for the first time, the curse he had placed on all of his children. It did not matter to anyone that their mother was the amazing, beautiful singer, Christine Daae. All that came to their mind was 'that's the child of that dreadful opera ghost.' Erik hated that he couldn't save his children from that kind of judgement.

"Then, my beautiful bridegroom, you'll have to cut some ties." Christine laughed at her answer to his question. "Ties involving a huge, gorgeous chandelier that hangs just above them." Something told her that this was one of the few things that may or may not get Monsieur Debienne and Poligny's attention. Laying her head under Erik's chin, she shut her eyes. "I thought you loved causing chaos here." The owners were pacing back and forth, counting the dancers that they had, reading off a list of names and parts and stopped. "Catherine....Daae?" Debienne called aloud. Catherine hurried forward and curtsied. "Yes, sir." The managers stepped back, only slightly, to look at the girl. "Ah, I see." Poligny chimed in. "So, you're the one that has been causing...quite a stir within these walls." Catherine turned red almost immediately. "Well, what my colleague is trying to say is that, if I may be so bold, you're the little girl that constantly questioned a certain figure in this very building." Debienne straightened things out. "I assure you that the Phantom of the Opera is not a subject that is allowed here." Catherine heard his words and nodded again. "Yes, sir."

Erik laughed, and nodded his head in agreement. He wrapped his arms around Christine as she laid her head under his chin. "I suppose you're right. Oh, and I do. I absolutely love chaos. I was hoping though, for Debienne and Poligny's sake, that they would not make it an issue." Chuckling again Erik tried to get a listen as to what was happening above. "If they do, however, I assure you that I will be taking matters into my own hands. Let's hope that they don't, or they'll have another visit from an old friend again." Erik couldn't help the grin that spread across his lips.

"Should you openly allow yourself to caught in his web, like your mother," Poligny continued, "you will not be allowed to continue here. We do not need another victim of the Phantom." Catherine agreed to this, only to keep her family out of trouble. "You're losing your touch, Erik." Christine pressed herself closer. "When was the very last time you actually, truly caused chaos here? Don't tell me that you are retiring, Master!"

"You're right, Christine. It's been far too long." Erik laughed, then he heard Poligny's 'victim' comment, which stirred anger from deep within him. "You're very right, my love." He said, sounding far off as if in thought. "You know, a part of me hopes that they mess something up. It will bring me great pleasure to put them back in their place."

Christine smirked. "Honestly, when you were like that, it gave me chills." She.kissed him. "And, yes, I heard what he said. I don't care what they say happened so long ago." She took a deep breath. "I was young and naive. Able to be manipulated to do anything that my master asked of me." She sank into him again. "Who knows, I may still be naive." Catherine tried not to show how upset she was by this as she started dancing with the other chorus girls again. Her dancing was off today, having been fired from the position of the lead again. She was just like Christine now, starting at the bottom, but will she experience the same as her mother?

Erik smiled sweetly at her. "Oh, my dear, Christine..." he broke the sweetness to tease, "of course you're still naive!" Erik laughed at his own words. "So, you're saying you liked it when I was rude and crude to everyone who defied me?" He continued to tease her, exaggerating a sigh. "I suppose I'll have to start acting like my old self again then. Anything to make my angel happy."

Christine's legs went numb as he smiled at her in such a manner. "That is exactly what I'm saying, my darling Phantom. It was never directed at me, so, therefore, I didn't mind it." She teased, though part of her was serious at the same time. "You see, I don't appreciate what happened to our little girl, Erik." She kissed him passionately. "My baby has worked hard for years on end, trying and failing to please the foolish managers." She broke away from him, and traveled toward the rafters above the stage, to show him what she meant.

Erik laughed at her words, but knew she was serious at the same time she was teasing. Though, it did surprise him, and made him blush a bit, that she was attracted to the way he used to act. Erik followed Christine willingly, not knowing exactly where she was taking him until they were almost there. "I never liked it either." He confessed, though he was sure Christine already knew. "I should have done a lot more, much earlier, to fix this problem."

"You cannot blame yourself, my dearest." She stayed in the shadows for a time while traveling to the stage. Finally getting there, she led him up the stairs, not to the rafters, but to Box Five instead. "The fault is not yours, for I was there." A tear or two fell. "She was my daughter and I failed her." She pointed out the little chorus girl that she treasured so much. "Look there. That is why I am crying." She paused for a moment to watch. "She deserves so much more."

"Christine, you did not fail her. You did everything but that." Erik saw the tears falling onto her beautiful face and it crushed him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and took one of her hands in his other. He held it firmly, running his thumb in circles over her soft skin. "Blame that damn Tremaine. If he had not hated her, solely because she was my daughter, she would have already been in the position she's always belonged in." Erik looked out and watched Catherine dancing, feeling himself grow more guilty. Then, he caught sight of the managers and his mood went from guilt to fury in seconds. He let out something that almost resembled a growl from the deep recesses of his throat. "And then they come back and put her back in the spot Tremaine wanted to start her in. No one cares about talent anymore!" Erik wanted to yell, but he kept his voice down for the sake of Catherine. Then, he got an idea. "Alright...if they want wish to deny her, then they shall have to face me again." Taking Christine's hand, he led her just outside of the box. "Wait here. I don't want them to see you, dear. The last thing I want is for them to blame you for this." Erik hesitated before going back inside and placed a kiss on Christine's lips. Then he turned, went back into box five and shut the door. He hid in the shadows of the box where he was sure the managers would not see him, before speaking - loud and clear. As Erik spoke, he forced his voice to echo all around the room so that no one could tell where he was. "Welcome back, Monsieurs!" He addressed the managers almost cheerfully, then his voice got dark and sinister. "Did you miss me?" Erik paused, letting it sink in. "I have a request to make of you, now that you're both settled back in comfortably. I do so hope you don't mind. I also hope you will comply." He added, darkly once again. "I see you have met Miss Daae - a wonderful chorus girl, indeed. However, you must be informed that she is also a very talented singer...very talented, I assure you. I only ask that you take that into consideration and put Catherine in the spot she has worked oh so very hard for and deserves more than anyone - the lead role. Gentleman," he finished up, "I beg you to comply with my wish. I wouldn't want to have to ruin another beautiful chandelier." Erik let out a booming laugh that echoed through the room as much as when he spoke.

Christine waited just outside Box Five, almost in pain from being separated from her husband for close to five minutes. Five minutes of torture and agony. When, at last, Erik's voice boomed over the stage, directed at Poligny and Debienne, she breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that he had not disappeared. Debienne muttered. "Miss wasn't the word I would have chosen." Poligny stepped on his toe to shut him up before he angered Erik. Catherine's little heart almost stopped the very second her father spoke. People stared at her as the Phantom spoke her name. Ignoring them, she continued to obediently give the Phantom her full attention. "What do we do, Debienne?" His partner asked. "Why, I don't have the slightest...We should just continue rehearsal this way and discuss it later!" He growled.

"Your partner is wise, Debienne. I would suggest holding your tongue from now on, especially if you decide you wish to speak ill of my..." Erik stopped himself before he slipped up too badly, "...of Miss Daae. You may continue rehearsal, but I expect you to have decided by tomorrow what you prefer: a talented young girl as the lead role, or a broken chandelier. I shall spend my night thinking of other ways to punish you if you refuse my request. Good day, gentleman!" Erik stepped out of the box unseen by anyone, and shut the door behind him.

Christine could barely keep from laughing herself silly as her husband threatened the two fools, though her heart was still breaking as the damned door separated her from Erik. At last, she saw the door open and the love of her life step out. "What a splendid performance, Monsieur." she tried to knock him over as she tackled him. "I've missed you!" She forgot all about them being overheard, or, were they? She wasn't sure. "Well, that was a splendid greeting." Debienne, being the more talkative, went on, giving people proper instructions. "My dear friend, we must readjust to the poor man. He chooses to stay, so we must try to get along." Poligny chuckled. "The man simply cannot give us control. He won't surrender."

Erik, not prepared for such an impact, fell to the floor with a soft thud and found the wind knocked out of him. As he regained his breath, which was a struggle because of his laughter which he tried to keep quiet, Erik wrapped his arms around Christine. "Why thank you, my love!" He placed a kiss on her lips. "You really think so? I practiced it all night in the mirror, hoping to get it just right." He rolled over so that Christine was under him and placed a kiss on her lips again, unable to stop smiling. "I was only away for a few minutes!" He teased. "You're starting to get as possessive as me!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back