Other Minority Representation in RPing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

At work right now so this will be my last response for the day. We're getting kind of busy and I won't be able to check notifications until I'm off work. At which point I've got a fair bit of errands to run. Just so you don't think I'm snubbing you or anything if I don't respond again.

First an example to help you understand my point.

Say there is a thread titled : Christian Persecution.
The OP asks : Do you believe Christian Persecution is real? Why or Why not?

And the main discussion in the thread is Christians (and Cathloics? I'm not sure if they're considered Christians as well) sharing their feelings/experiences with being persecuted for their faith.

Well if I a non-believer who has no ties to the Church where to interrupt their conversation to be like "No I don't think Christian Persecutions is a thing and here's why."

Then I am interfering with their shared experiences by adding my two cents in. And honestly it's not my place even if I'm technically answering the question the OP put up in their first post.

Which brings me to my advice to you. If you really want to know how you should be engaging in this thread it's simple.

Stop talking. Stop offering your thoughts and opinions. Instead just listen, observe, if necessary ask questions if you are unsure of a topic. But let the people who are actually affected by the topic discuss their thoughts and feelings. Let their voices be heard and validated.

Honestly. I've been to other sites in my time of roleplaying but this one has got to be the first where questions are asked and it goes into a whole other ballpark of race, who is right or who is wrong like damn. I must have missed the memo about 'discussions' like these are more important than having fun on a writing site.

No one is saying their more important than having fun. Like you play you boo. If you don't want to think about real world matters than don't join a topic talking about real world matters. Just keep on keeping on having your fun.

At work right now so this will be my last response for the day. We're getting kind of busy and I won't be able to check notifications until I'm off work. At which point I've got a fair bit of errands to run. Just so you don't think I'm snubbing you or anything if I don't respond again.

And the main discussion in the thread is Christians (and Cathloics? I'm not sure if they're considered Christians as well) sharing their feelings/experiences with being persecuted for their faith.

Well if I a non-believer who has no ties to the Church where to interrupt their conversation to be like "No I don't think Christian Persecutions is a thing and here's why."

Then I am interfering with their shared experiences by adding my two cents in. And honestly it's not my place even if I'm technically answering the question the OP put up in their first post.

Which brings me to my advice to you. If you really want to know how you should be engaging in this thread it's simple.

Stop talking. Stop offering your thoughts and opinions. Instead just listen, observe, if necessary ask questions if you are unsure of a topic. But let the people who are actually affected by the topic discuss their thoughts and feelings. Let their voices be heard and validated.
Do you even hear how bigoted and Prejudiced you sound right now? You literally just told Idea Idea to stop her speech as if trying to silence her, you need some real help dude and actually keep an open mind for once to listen to all sides instead of prejudice for the minorities. I think you need to appologuise to Idea for being rude to her.

About the Christian persecution topic you are going so broad the NY airport tarmac is not enough to cover your broadness. As a non religious person that doesent go to church you do need to look more than the minority view because it's not only based on anecdotal evidence as you need to look at actual evidence such as history, media, reports, documentation, etc to help with determining if those groups are persecuted. Back when Protestant religion was born I would say yes because there are documented reports of Catholics and Protestants killing eachother and persecutions based upon religion. It's not a one side or another view on a situation as the third parties are a highly valuable source to look upon.

Do you even hear how bigoted and Prejudiced you sound right now? You literally just told Idea Idea to stop her speech as if trying to silence her, you need some real help dude and actually keep an open mind for once to listen to all sides instead of prejudice for the minorities. I think you need to appologuise to Idea for being rude to her.

About the Christian persecution topic you are going so broad the NY airport tarmac is not enough to cover your broadness. As a non religious person that doesent go to church you do need to look more than the minority view because it's not only based on anecdotal evidence as you need to look at actual evidence such as history, media, reports, documentation, etc to help with determining if those groups are persecuted. Back when Protestant religion was born I would say yes because there are documented reports of Catholics and Protestants killing eachother and persecutions based upon religion. It's not a one side or another view on a situation as the third parties are a highly valuable source to look upon.
Did you really just take her hypothetical example and try to turn it into the topic of discussion?

Zayum zawg

Actually, as thread creator, I think I actually have the ability to delete posts? Might clean up the discussion a bit

Edit: Damn, never mind, I guess that’s only on RPs.

I would absolutely welcome such a person in the discussion. I don't see how such a person would be in any way going off topic in fact it seems to me like they are discussing exactly what the topic is about. Depending on their arguments I would then either look into my own beliefs to see where I went wrong, or if I have objections I would present them to such a person.

If my outlook is irrelevant to you, you don't have to address it, you can just leave it there to rot. So long as I legitimately think i have something that is worth saying on a given topic, I will say it, less there be a secondary reason why I shouldn't (say, if a thread is marked as rant and the poster requests not to be criticized, I will likely consider not posting even if I have something to say). The advice you just gave me absolutely betrays every belief I have , and is harmful to every community because it promotes the creation of echo chambers of opinion.

Did you really just take her hypothetical example and try to turn it into the topic of discussion?

Zayum zawg

Actually, as thread creator, I think I actually have the ability to delete posts? Might clean up the discussion a bit

If you want to have an open discussion, only delete threads that are just insulting garbage, i.e.

Wow you're a total idiot. Crawl down a hole and die.

This has no purpose but to be hurtful. This is reasonable to delete.

If you can't handle other people's opinions and are going to start deleting their points just because they disagree with you, well done. Not only are you acting like a fascist, but you also proved them right.

Zayum zawg

Edit: Damn, never mind, I guess that’s only on RPs.
Great job trying to silence my posts .....that's really mature.

I thought that was an open discussion where free thinkers can converse^_^

“Wah censorship stop silencing my voice your literally hitler”

Bruh, you can literally post anywhere else on the site. You can make a whole documentary and post it on DailyMotion.

Great job trying to silence my posts .....that's really mature.

I thought that was an open discussion where free thinkers can converse^_^
This is liberalism in its prime 😉

“Wah censorship stop silencing my voice your literally hitler”

Bruh, you can literally post anywhere else on the site. You can make a whole documentary and post it on DailyMotion.
So you're basically saying you made this post just to have people agree with you? That's pretty narcissistic, as there really is no other point to the thread if you're going to delete contrary opinions.

So you're basically saying you made this post just to have people agree with you? That's pretty narcissistic, as there really is no other point to the thread if you're going to delete contrary opinions.
When did I say I was going to delete different opinions? Y’all just keep putting words in everyone else’s mouths. “Cleaning up the discussion” means getting rid of what doesn’t fit in the thread purpose, like using a hypothetical about religion to derail the conversation.

When did I say I was going to delete different opinions? Y’all just keep putting words in everyone else’s mouths. “Cleaning up the discussion” means getting rid of what doesn’t fit in the thread purpose, like using a hypothetical about religion to derail the conversation.
It lead onto that, and in the incidences where it has led off, people have usually got it back on track pretty quickly, so I don't think there's much need.

Pandaskel Pandaskel would it be alright if we asked to get a bit of time to screenshot what we find important before you delete it?

That way we would still have our opinions on display somewhere but you could clean up the thread from anything you'd like

No one is saying their more important than having fun. Like you play you boo. If you don't want to think about real world matters than don't join a topic talking about real world matters. Just keep on keeping on having your fun.
First of all I can post where i want to and shouldn't you probably be working instead of commenting least of all to me? Secondly, don't ever call boo again. I'm not a child least of all your child so do not presume to talk to me as if I am. Like you mentioned in your earlier posts you don't know me and you probably never will. Third, I'm sorry I don't have the outlook as you on roleplay site to want to argue your point to people you will never meet. I do care about real world issues I just feel that them being on a roleplay site and getting as heated as they are mainly with your involvement sometimes there's no place for it who are you trying to help? Certainly not me.
As I said before if you have something you want to say to me inbox me don't call me out here because you feel the need to have your last word either that or you really like arguing to the point of someone blocking you example being this thread: Advice/Help - Can we prioritize accessibility?/
just chill out.

Last edited:
First of all I can post where i want to and shouldn't you probably be working instead of commenting least of all to me? Secondly, don't ever call boo again. I'm not a child least of all your child so do not presume to talk to me as if I am. Like you mentioned in your earlier posts you don't know me and you probably never will. Third, I'm sorry I don't have the outlook as you on roleplay site to want to argue your point to people you will never meet. I do care about real world issues I just feel that them being on a roleplay site and getting as heated as they are mainly with your involvement sometimes there's no place for it. As I said before if you have something you want to say to me inbox me don't call me out here because you feel the need to have your last word either that or you really like arguing to the point of someone blocking you example being this thread: Advice/Help - Can we prioritize accessibility?/
just chill out.
You sound real mad, bud.

You sound real mad, bud.
Maybe you should be more concerned that you made a topic, people said things you don't agree with and now you want to try to delete whatever doesn't suit you but you're concerned about whether or not I sound mad. I know you want to jump to your friend's defense however our conversation does not concern you. You have plenty of other people to talk to.

Maybe you should be more concerned that you made a topic, people said things you don't agree with and now you want to try to delete whatever doesn't suit you but you're concerned about whether or not I sound mad. I know you want to jump to your friend's defense however our conversation does not concern you. You have plenty of other people to talk to.
Jeez, what is with people on your side of the discussion and putting words in people’s mouths? Once again I iterate, I never said I was going to delete contrapoints. I was going to delete unnecessary and unrelated tangents, like your little beef with a middle aged geek.

Jeez, what is with people on your side of the discussion and putting words in people’s mouths? Once again I iterate, I never said I was going to delete contrapoints. I was going to delete unnecessary and unrelated tangents, like your little beef with a middle aged geek.
Calm down. First of all what people are on my side of the discussion? What are you talking about? I commented on your topic for me myself and I so what are you going on about and no one put any words in your mouth. Go back and read your posts. I'm only saying what you yourself said and by all means please delete 'my little beef' no sweat off my back lol LOL that's awesome. The problem with you is as I've looked around at some of your other posts you have done you get things misconstrued and you want to people to agree with you otherwise they are on the other side of something or whatever which that's fine for you but it's the net people can have their opinions just relax take a breather. Get yourself some water. I'll save you some clean up time, I'll excuse myself from your thread. Feel free to put me on ignore too. Have a wonderful day.

Calm down. First of all what people are on my side of the discussion? What are you talking about? I commented on your topic for me myself and I so what are you going on about and no one put any words in your mouth. Go back and read your posts. I'm only saying what you yourself said and by all means please delete 'my little beef' no sweat off my back lol LOL that's awesome. The problem with you is as I've looked around at some of your other posts you have done you get things misconstrued and you want to people to agree with you otherwise they are on the other side of something or whatever which that's fine for you but it's the net people can have their opinions just relax take a breather. Get yourself some water. I'll save you some clean up time, I'll excuse myself from your thread. Feel free to put me on ignore too. Have a wonderful day.
Passive aggression is not a good look, particularly “lol LOL”

It’s like one of those fake laughs the mean girls do in bad high school movies.

Since it seems that this discussion cannot be conducted in a civil and respectable manner this topic is now locked. If you want to continue this discussion privately and respectfully that is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back