Love and the Lost God [Inactive]

Lucifer sat in the arena, waiting for her to return. Lucifer wasn't the kind who would invade another's privacy. He hated it himself. He noticed Anise enter the arena. Her crying was evident from the way her make up looked different and how the eye liner stained her palms. He knew it was partly his fault. But he didn't know how to console her. Besides Amare was present if she wanted to be consoled. So, Lucifer just sat there peering at her, hoping she would go to Amare and wear her bright smile again. Worry was evident in his eyes.

Sent from my earphone using Tapatalk!

Anise had made sure her face had looked presentable after she exited the bathroom, but she had forgotten about her hands. She stared down at them, doing a double take when she realized some of her make up was still present on her fair skin. She groaned inwardly and tried to get it off by vigorously rubbing her thumb over it. That just seemed to smear it further and she gave up. So instead she folded her arms across her chest, hiding her hands. She doubted anyone would have noticed. She leaned up against the far wall of the arena, peering down the her feet.

"Well now it's a waiting game for the other combatants. Anise, come to me" Amare requested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anise stared up at Amare before pushing herself off the wall she walked to his side, standing straight faced, her arms still crossed. She didn't look up at him but she didn't look at anyone else either. She was quiet, as Lucifer had instructed her to be so. Of course he had taken it back only a minute later telling her to get all frustrated, he just didn't make sense. She wasn't going to make a fool out of herself by breaking down in front of anyone, so she chose to be quiet instead.

Lucifer tried to ignore her but he couldn't. ' Why was she crying?' Lucifer's conscience started to make him feel guilty. He was about to stand up to talk to her when he heard Amare call for her. He liked it and hated it too. Amare was obviously better at the consoling stuff but Lucifer had wanted to do it. He turned around to pretend like he never shifted his position. He shot a glare at Lucille who stood next to Amare.

Sent from my earphone using Tapatalk!

"Lucille, Lucifer, go down to the arena. I must speak to Anise for a moment" Lucille huffed as Amare sent them down on the elevator. "Anise. Tell me truthfully, what's the matter?" He whispered knowingly

Anise arched an eyebrow as he sent the two away with a simple command. Turning back to him she took a step away, her gaze searching him. Was it that obvious? she wondered with a frown, turning away.

"Nothing." She stated curtly, hoping to convince him. She didn't want to burden him with her problems anyway, she was sure he had enough to handle.

Lucifer had an angry confrontation with Lucille in the elevator. He warned her of the consequences she'd face if she hurt Anise again. He ensured she'd speak kindly to Anise. He looked deadly with his frown. Anger blazed in his eyes. Lucifer exited the elevator, marching.

"I see you have a crush Lucifer, how cute?" Lucille said to him with a grin.

"Let me say this, if you tell me the truth, I shall tell you the same, always. Now tell me what bothers you Anise?." Amare asked, he was determined to know

Anise couldn't meet his gaze, for fear she might expose her weak side. Swallowing hard she turned to face him after a few moments of gathering herself,

"It's really no big deal." She forced her voice to sound light as a feather, full of joy and positive energy, she smiled reassuringly, though it seemed more like she was trying to convince herself, rather than convincing him.

Lucifer turned around. A blush on his cheek. He marched back still frowning, trying to hide his blush. He rolled his fist and punched right above Lucille's head, landing it on the elevator wall. "I care about no one." he gritted through his teeth. "And you better be nice to her." Lucifer turned around and walked to the arena in a much quicker pace.

"I'm not afraid of you Lucifer. And I know you have feelings for that girl!" She shouted behind him.

Lucifer grit his teeth. He clenched his fists as he tried to ignore her words. He closed his eyes as he hissed to himself 'I do not like her. I'll show everyone that I don't like her.' This hadn't been the first time he convinced himself to believe that. Behind every single outburst he had at her, it was this feeling. It was this need to convince himself that he didn't like her, that made him as rude as an instigated bull at times. He hated how he had feelings for someone. He hated how she brought it out of him with that pretty smile. He hated himself for giving in so easily to something as petty as feelings.

Anise frowned at him,

"Fine I'll tell you. But it's not my damn fault if you regret it." She informed him with a small scowl. Taking a breath she exhaled slowly, hiding her face from him.

"It's just that-well, my life hasn't exactly ever been... great. I was kicked out and disowned by my parents when I was 15, it was probably for the best, since they abused me, but I was all alone. At least I was, up until two years ago when my aunt took me in. It was her idea to send me here so I could challenge myself academically and meet some people I could call friends. But I've only been here for a day and everyone here, well at least the people I met just don't seem to- like me. Granted I've only met three not including yourself, but ever single one has either wanted nothing to do with me, shot insults at me, or played around with my feelings. I can't- I can't live like this anymore Amare, I try to be that girl that is all sunshine and rainbows but no one returns my efforts." She trailed off finally turning back to him, running a hand through her hair,

"I mean, besides you. I can't think of anything you have done wrong, you're practically perfect. But I don't know what to do. I just don't. I'm supposed to move in with Lucifer, and he seems to just barely stand me, I mean, you hear the way he talks to me, it's like my voice pains him. I don't mean to upset him! I don't mean to hurt any one. But for some unknown reason, I am. I hurt everyone around me."

"That's just his way. You're important, believe that. I need someone that I can trust, no matter what occurs" Amare said as he gazed into her eyes. "This is all beyond any of their comprehension. This is the stage set for the gods themselves. If ever you have a problem of any sort you'll tell me without hesitation and I shall amend it. Promise me that?"

Anise peered up at him, proud of herself for not shedding a tear as she explained everything to him, he seemed to take it well. It felt weird, telling someone who was willing to listen what she was struggling with. It was like a huge burden was lifted from her shoulders.

What did he mean, the stage is set for the gods? She wondered before sighing she nodded slowly, agreeing to his request.

"I promise." She stated and took a step towards him, pulling herself into him as she embraced him, no one had ever been so kind to her in her life, she owed so much to Amare.

"Thank you."

"I shall join them below, see to it the others and the priestess arrive."

Lucifer waited for Amare and Anise to return. He was growing impatient. His doubts about himself was making him angry and he wanted to fight. He looked at the elevator and saw Amare exit. "Amare! Let's fight!" he shouted on top of his voice.

Crow got up from his meditation and walked over to the arena, he felt drawn to it. He thought maybe someone was there, someone who could from the student council

LaylasBanner_zpsd95d736e.png

Layla

LineFlipped_zpsaec4a407.jpg

"I leave for a few days and you become so eager to fight." Layla said appearing casually in the doorway. "I expected better from you, Hot-head." A smile flickered across her face as she unfolded her arms from her chest and looked over the group. After her chat with Amare in the tower she had asked permission to visit her father. Something had driven her to the conclusion that it was better to seek forgiveness from people then let the wound fester. Since her father had been clueless about the fighting and still refused to talk to her since she had entered the boarding school she felt it a good time to give explanations for both.

"I missed more then I thought I would." He grumbled, "we have new faces among us."

Last edited by a moderator:
Crow appeared out of no where, standing next to the doorway, a statue again, not moving, no sign of breath nor any sign of blinking. He was watching Lucifer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back