• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hunt on the Deviants

Ari leant on the wall, opening her eyes and shakily wiping the tears away. She spoke quietly, talking to herself seemingly. Trying to calm down, push everyone's emotions out of her head.

Tommy crouched down and slicked his hair back. Sweat and blood were stained all over his body, and he knew she was right. But... Why? Why in the hell would she even think about saving him? Was she really that selfless? This made Tommy sick. He manipulated them, even though it wasn't for long. Thinking about the consequences for letting the deviants live made him throw up a little on the floor, some blood mixed in. He had to keep moving; The Old Man had to die by Tommy's hand. Even if it was the last thing he fucking did. "Just... My arm..." Tommy didn't give a shit about his physical state beyond that, he had enough hate driving him towards his goal. All the people he killed, all for nothing. The Old Man knew everything all along, and was only using Tommy to do his dirty work. Tommy threw up some more thinking about how Sheri would make that cute little smile whenever he would see her. He needed to stop thinking about it, he only needed to think about that fucking Old Man.

Ari stood, quietly beginning to clean the bile on the floor with an old rag, her hands still a bit shaky. She didn't speak, but her body language spoke for her. Full of regret and misery.

Leven watched Tommy walk out and hurriedly took the other exit, frowning slightly at the man's strange words. 'I hope ya'll were worth it'..? Did that mean.. his memory flashed back to the phone call and he flinched, leaning against the wall outsise the gymnasium. Picturing the scratchy telephone voice he'd barely caught while the person on the other line was talking, Leven was transported to the remains of a house, a family sized one, blown to bits. It didn't take long for the pieces to click together in his mind and the picture to come into view.

He snapped his eyes open and waited to regain his bearings before hurrying after Tommy, not sure what to say when he'd just insulted him so horribly. So instead of speaking Leven stood a couple feet away from where he crouched, avoiding looking at his limp grotesque arm and letting the silence stretch out.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Tommy." He said quietly. That seemed good enough, not ezactly the sympathizing tone Leven was looking for but it would have to do.

"Y-you had perfectly good intentions, I think, and, and he ruined it all. I'm sorry."

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucina nodded hurriedly, pressing the very tips of her fingertips to his forearm. "Sorry, sorry," she mumbled, though she doubted he could feel the light pressure she was applying. Her face grew gradually more pale as she concentrated, the dark circles under her eyes becoming more pronounced. "T-there," she said after a few minutes, her hoarse voice sounding pleased. "You'll be okay now. Just make sure... your burns..." She trailed off, realizing that he probably wouldn't care.

She looked guiltily at Mac and Leven out of the corner of her eye. Hopefully they wouldn't totally hate her for helping Tommy. She just couldn't let him go out there like that, even if he was a Hunter. Now, at least, he'd be healed enough to make it to wherever he was going and rest.

She looked up at Leven, then down again. Her scrubbing continued, hair falling into her face. He had..apologised..? "I..I'm sorry too." Her voice was quiet, guilt in it's tone.

@Brown @No4hx

Tommy slightly leaned back and looked at Leven, then at Lucina. "I'm not gonna come back... Ever. Don't worry, my time will come soon..." Tommy would have killed them all if he wasn't stupid enough to catch feelings for the group. That was the first time he ever had to 'integrate' himself into a group that he would have to eventually kill, and he handled it horribly. He liked the kids spirit, and even talking to Ari sort of made him see how truly terrified these deviants really were. It made him think of how Sheri would have turned out if she were still alive... Tommy stood up and slightly limped out of the gymnasium.

Leven followed Tommy out with his eyes, giving him a slight dip of his head as a sign of farewell, then looked at the others. He was still suspicious and no where near trusting, but they hadn't given him reason to hate them or fear them yet, so Leven figured there was no hurt in staying with the club. Besides, when someone was hurt, like mac or Eizan, it was only human nature to help out (he may not be human but it helped make him feel normal to think this way) and right now the two of them needed, maybe Eizan more so than Mac, some support in getting back to the class room.

"Let's just go. Lucina, he's not coming back, he has something to take care of. Eizan, Mac, do either of you need any help in getting back to the classroom?" Leven asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets while his voice returned back to the typical monotone flatness.

She stood slowly. "I..I guess I'll see you guys ar..around, huh..?" She gave a shaky smile to everyone in the room, giving a weak wave and starting to walk out. She didn't belong, she knew this for sure.

Tommy limped out of the gym and immediately started crying angrily. As the tears rolled down his face, he limped toward his bike, taking a seat and tying up a bandana to cover his forehead. The burns on his chest hurt like crazy. He had to sit down on his bike to catch his breath for a moment.

Mac rubbed his temple where he suffered the brass knuckles hit. "Meet yall back in the classroom I guess" he said before disappearing.

"Just give me a moment, meet ya there," Lucina mumbled. She tried to rub her hands clean on her skirt, but the blood was dried now. She could still feel her pulse beating harshly in her throat, and each time she blinked it was more difficult to keep her eyes open. Damn it, don't pass out on the floor of the gym.

"Hmmm?" She called sleepily, glancing up at Ari. "I don't think I can stand up," she informed the brunette, a bit of panic creeping into her voice. She had worked her magical abilities far past what she was used to, and now every muscle in her body seemed to be locked into place. But she'd sooner pass out before she complained about it- especially not with three other people in considerable more pain than she was needing her help.

She slowly turned, offering Lucina a hand. "J..just..r..relax..I..I.." She swallowed. "Do..do you need anything?"

Lucina took Ari's hand, pulling herself up weakly. She leaned heavily on the poor girl, her words becoming more incoherent. "You're nice," she sighed. "Could we go back to the... the uh, classroom? I could sleep on my desk."

She sat her down on a table, shaking her head with a small laugh. "I..I don't think either of us are s..strong enough." Ari looked around, trying to stay calm. "I..I have s..some ice..?"

Leven quietly watched as Lucina sleepily stood, unsteady and about to pass out at any moment. He looked away and started to walk towards the class room, but when he heard Ari's words he cursed under his breath and turned around.

Walking over with his head down he stiffly held out his arms towards them in a quiet offer of help. Leven hesitantly placed one hand on Lucina's shoulder to keep her steady but continued to deliberately avoid eye xontact with either of the girls.

Helping wasn't his strong suit, which is exactly why leven needed to practice the skill more and get better.

"I'm sorry," she apologized to Leven, her pale face burning red briefly in embarrassment. If she wasn't so weak, he wouldn't have to do this. "I can just, uh, stay here until things... pick back up," she said quickly, turning to smile at Ari. "If anyone needs ice, it's Mac. I didn't help him at all..." Her weak smile twisted guiltily. Poor Mac.

Leven clenched his jaw anr shook his head, "We aren't just going to leave you here alone. You're coming, I - I'll carry you if I have to." The moment it was out of his kouth he regretted it but repreased his wince at his own words.

Leven lifted his gaze to look at her firmly, he'd made up his mund. He was going to help out no matter what, heneeded to learn to be nicer and more helpful and this was the first step.

"Come on, it's not far, and it's no bother to me don't worry, I want to help."

"I..I don't think he likes me.." She muttered, glancing in the direction of the classroom. Almost like she feared him. Ari stepped aside for Levin, shifting quietly. "S..should I go..?"

@No4hx @Zelda18

Leven gave her a look, a bit of pleading flashing breifly in his eyes. He didn't want to be left alone with Lucina but he also didnt want to hurt her feelings by saying so. He tried to convey this to Ari in the look he offered but obviously she wasnt a mind reader.

So he tried for jyst simply shaking his head, keeping his expression nonchalant.

"No its fine, I could, uh, use your help in case there's any trouble on the way there. You can be the, the safety monitor..."

Leven trailed off an mentally winced, outside only glancing in her direction before returning his attention to Lucina. Idiot, what the hell was that? Now you just look stupid.

Tommy sped off on his motorcycle once he had caught his breath, the eyes of a demon guiding his hands. He was given a second chance; he wasn't going to fuck this up. The Old Man was the leader of the hunters in this section of the world, and taking him out would mean peace for the deviants; and his state of mind. He would have to put things in motion, moving quickly, not putting himself on the radar.

Lucina's face reddened once more as she looked between Ari and Leven. She shrugged at the shy girl, wondering why she thought Leven didn't like her. He hadn't done anything that particularly made her think he didn't like someone- aside from Tommy.

She shifted awkwardly, avoiding both of their gazes now. "There's crutches somewhere in the nurse's office," she said in a small voice. She sure as hell didn't want it to have to come to him carrying her, what with Leven looking so uncomfortable already. A random idea went through her head; could she heal herself enough so she could walk? The immediate answer came from her muscles- no. She'd definitely pass out if she tried that.

She could read exactly what he said, bowing slightly. "I..I..I'll be i..in the class." She walked away slowly, ending up in the classroom. She put her head down on the desk, silently contemplating. Why didn't anyone seem to like her? She wasn't sure why she had even tried anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back