• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom How To Save The Dragons

StarrySkyofLostSouls

Reach for the stars
*Suppose to be Novice!*

This is Berk; it may not seem like much… But we have something that no one else has… Dragons. They use to be our enemy, but now they’ve all moved in. Others might have problems with dragons, but we certain do not. Everything seems at peace, the dragons are our friends and partners, Drago is gone… Except… Only one little problem… The dragons seem to be disappearing… and No one knows why. So it’s up to a group of Dragon Tamers to find a way to repopulate the dragon population with their dragon partner. However there only seems to be one of each Dragon so for this to work they’ll have to find a mate within the selected few dragons that are left. So you’re going to have to get along with that Dragon’s human partner if you want your dragon’s species to survive.

• Swearing is allowed
  • Romance is allowed but fade to black
  • Violence is allowed because sometimes Dragons or Riders don’t get along~
  • No one liners unless necessary
  • HAVE GOOD GRAMMAR PLEASE
  • No controlling other's characters
  • You may have up to two humans and two dragons
  • If you have any questions PM me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valhama woke up swiftly when she heard the usual Viking horns go off, which usually meant something was wrong. She quickly threw off her covers and quickly got changed before racing down the stairs where her twin sister, Valara was waiting, worry evident on her face. “We’ll talk when we figure out what’s going on.” Valhama said as she rushed passed Valara out the door causing the younger of the two to follow. Once they reached the Great Hall, Valhama shouldered her way passed the other Vikings to reach the table where the Chief stood, looking quite upset. “…Mostly all the Dragons are gone… We don’t know how or why… But… There are still a few dragons around… Maybe some young Dragon Riders can get them to repopulate? I don’t even know if they’ll repopulate with another species of Dragon… But we have to try… So… Do we have any volunteers?” He asked while Valhama quickly stepped forward and pulled Valara with her, a few others stepped forward as well. “Good. Go find your partner if they are still around and meet me in the Ring. I have a few words of advice.” He said and the meeting ended.

Valhama and Valara made their way to the Ring, currently flying on their respectable partners, Valhama on Twilight Glide and Valara on Dusk Storm. The two quickly landed and dismounted as some of the others arrived as well. Hiccup the Horrendous Haddock III walked into the ring, his prosthetic leg clanking slightly with each step, Valara watched in admiration under her bangs while Valhama watched slightly as Astrid, his wife followed him, her axe at her side as always.
“So… For this to work, you’re Dragons will have to get to know each other… You also will have to get to know the Dragon’s partner in order for this to work since you should have rather tight bonds with your partner if you managed to have your partner since a young adult or since whenever you found it. Now I know you may not want to… but please… think about the island… and think about how interesting it would be when there are new kinds of Dragons’ flying around and their abilities and-““What my husband is saying, is that… The last hope of the Island… is in your hands…” She said before leading Hiccup out as Valhama noticed no one seemed to be stepping forward so she did. “Since no one is deciding to step up, I will… My name is Valhama Hoffland, this is my partner, Twilight Glide.” She said as Twilight Glide walked over, bowing her head slightly, her mask like horns curled downwards rather then up and she seemed around at least a quarter smaller than the average male Stormcutter. “And since it seems we’re the only Dragon Riders left. We might as well try to get along. So might as well introduce ourselves and get all this stuff out of the way so that the Dragons can size each other up.” She said while putting a hand on her hip. Valara stayed near Dusk Storm, as he protectively put a wing around her to help shield her since he knew that she wasn’t a bit fan of crowds and got shy easily. (@cloudyblueday, @Sukiyaki )

Last edited by a moderator:
Asger was awake and hunting alone in the forest, he was watching a deer, he raised up the spear slowly, getting in his perfect form, ready to throw it with all of his might, when the Great Horn sounded. The deer took off spooked, and Asger sighed, lowering his spear, he looked in the direction of their village and frowned, they only sounded that in dire emergencies. He made his way back with haste and walked into the Great Hall.

Once he reached the Great Hall, Asger walked in and looked over to where the Chief stood, looking quite upset. “…Mostly all the Dragons are gone… We don’t know how or why… But… There are still a few dragons around… Maybe some young Dragon Riders can get them to repopulate? I don’t even know if they’ll repopulate with another species of Dragon… But we have to try… So… Do we have any volunteers?” He asked while Asger looked down as two sisters walked forward, well one walked forward and pulled the other, and a few others stepped forward as well. “Good. Go find your partner if they are still around and meet me in the Ring. I have a few words of advice.” He said and the meeting ended.

Asger made his way to his Dragon, Freyr and Freya. The mighty beast looked at him twice and each head lowered to greet him. He smiled up at his friend and kissed the head of Freya first, then Freyr. "We're going to go meet some others. You two behave, yeah?" Freyr nodded, but Freya looked away. "Freya, you behave, show little brother how its done." Freya sighed and nodded as well, and Asger got up onto their back. As they flew, Freyr and Freya were clearly disagreeing on which way to go. Freyr pulled to the right and Freya pulled to the left. "Hey you two, only I do the pulling, fly straight!" The two started go forward and let Asger guide them to the ring. He patted the base of each of their necks and slid down and looked at the Chief and his wife. He listened to two talk, and watched them leave.

Valhama came up and started talking, she was also the one who pulled the other sister along as well, clearly she was a natural leader. Asger stepped forward and smiled, "I am Asger Halldor, these are my friends, Freyr and Freya." At the mentioning of their names, each head went down, acknowledging the others in the ring. And then Freya snapped at Freyr, causing Asger to turn and stare at her, the Left head looked down, knowing it had upset Asger.

Valhama raised a brow at him as she turned to her twin who she knew was hiding. "Nice to make your acquitance... Valara you going to introduce yourself or do I have to?" She said while the younger twin slowly stepped out of Dusk Storm's wing and looked around nervously. "Uhm... Hello... I-I'm Valara Hoffland.. This.. Hey! Dusk Storm!" She said as Dusk Storm pushed her towards Valhama with his snout. "This is Dusk Storm..." She said softly.

A Monstrous Nightmare lumbered into the ring, dragging behind her a young girl trying to escape it's grip, "Venom let me go! Damnit, get off of me! Bad dragon!" She was shouting, before being flung to her feet beside Valhama and skidding to a stop just before tumbling into her Stormcutter. When she looked up, she could feel everyone's stares burning into her, and she swallowed, then started to stutter,"I, uh, I'm Megin, um, Ilea and uhhh, this is Venomtooth, she's a Monstrous Nightmare... If the dragons are disappearing, then when have to fix it... Right? We don't want to lose our dragons, they're our friends and companions... They make Berk the place it is now..." She stopped there, then reached over and rubbed Venom between the eyes, Venom had already taken her place beside her rider and friend.

Valhama blinked slightly at the sight but said nothing as Twilight Glide carefully made sure that the girl hadn't been hurt when running into her, she gave a slight nod when she noticed no wounds. "Exactly. So we can't fail." She said while looking at everyone else. Valara bit her lip slightly. "A-Astrid told me that we have to be careful... The Outcasts are still at large and we don't know if the Beserkers are facing the same problem and might try to steal our dragons if we get to close..." She said softly while Dusk Storm rested his head on her shoulder.

As Solvik would have bin resting outside in the forrest with FlyTrap,as she was laying on the Ground and all her heads eye,d s closed Resting,as for Solvick would be Inbetween Sunflower and Violets head siting on the ground and lean on Sunflowers Long Neck as he carves on his Bow with a small Carving Knife and making a bear and a deer as its being chace by the bear and a arrow Right Behinde the bear,as he Finishes he hears the horn and it must not be Good

As he gets up and Flytrap raises her heads and Boah looks towards the Village as Solvik says in a worrid tone "The horn....we better go There faaAAASSTT!"he manages too say as he is being pulld up by his Tunic By Sunflower and she places him On her neck and would spand her wings and start too Flap them strongly geting air and making her way towards the Village with Her Partner,as they Fly No dragons can be seens Flying above as this was odd as they all have dissapeard "Were are all the Dragons?...and Pleas tell mi befor you do that ok"as he says that all of the heads Rolle there eyes and contine

As they reach te Village they would land and see people In the Ring,as he would make his way Inside and Flytrap Following and as Solvick enters he was Not much of a talker but it was better too say ho he was in a situation like this and says "
Sorry im late,Im Youlgor Solvik at your service....and this is Flytrap"he says as he gestures at his Snaptrapper as it it Puffs

Titus flew in on the back of his massive Seashocker, the two heads snapping at the air. He jumped off his back and rushed over to his sister, putting a huge smile on, "Heeey, don't worry sis, nothing is going horribly wrong. We just have to make friends!"

"I know. It's horrible." She muttered, then Venom bonked her on the head with a wing and narrowed her eyes, which only made Megin grumble more and cross her arms.

"... Anyway, I'm Titus! Megin's older brother. And this over here is Bane on the left, and Dvant on the right." He said proudly, the two dragon heads showing up on either side of him, Bane making a big happy face, while Dvant just looked mischievous.

"So how is this going to work anyways? I mean, can dragons even... you know... go with other dragons?" He scratched his head, thinking about Freyr and Freya both agreeing on a partner didn't make sense to him. Then Asger looked down, "Sorry Freya, looks like Freyr gets to choose girl." He patted her neck base, and she retorted with a snort. "Dont give me attitude, I didn't make you." Freyr lowered his head to Asger, who held up a closed fist, and then Freyr booped it with his head. Freya snorted again and looked away, "Now girl, this is for all of you, Im sorry."

"Aha! Glad these two are both male in mind... Still, how will this work?" Titus said, looking around at all the different dragons, "They can't possibly ALL... Fit... Together? I mean..." He said, looking at his hands, before Megin forced his hands back down to his sides, "How do you think we keep finding new dragons?... Different combinations of different dragons will come with different offspring..."

"If the bits fit." He said plainly at her, and Bane, Dvant and Venomtooth all looked at each other.

Valara blushed a bit in embarrassment. "A-actually... The Scuttleclaw seems to look like a combination between a Deadly Nadder and a Hideous Zippleback... It has the body of a Nadder, a head shaped like a Zippleback and it's mischievousness..." She whispered shyly. Valhama raised a brow at her sister. "Wow... You really know your stuff Vala." She said with a grin.

"So I guess we know the brains are in your duo." Asger smiled at Valara, "But is that what we should do? I guess try to match the closest dragons there are? Im not much of a dragon guy, I only know about Freyr and Freya." He looked around, "So I wouldnt even know who to start trying to get Freyr interested in." Freya looked down at him and huffed, "And Freya to get along with, Sweetheart Im sorry you know we only have Freyr bits." Freya huffed again and looked up and away, angry at Asger. Freyr on the other hand, put his head behind Asger, finally understanding what he was implicating and becoming shy.

Valara blushes in embarrassment and sucks her head a bit to hide behind her bangs. "I think what Vala is saying is, it depends on who they could get along with along with who the trainer gets along with... Because your dragon reflects you..." Valhama said and looked at Valara for confirmation. Valara nodded shyly as Dusk Storm nudged her.

Solvok would hear them as he looks back at FlyTrap and she growls at him making sure he has Nothing in his minde as he would raise both of his Shulders and lower them and say too her "Hey dont look at mi like that,im not going too say anything alright.....Ok...So basacly....Im kinda confused....how are we going too do this?"he says kinda confused as he was not a dragon expert and his minde was like spill milk

"What..."

"She means the dragons will probably get along best with whoever the trainer likes best. And more specifically, their dragon." Titus said, patting her head, and the younger sister scooted away uncomfortably, "So. YOU. Have to make FRIENDS." He said, poking her on the nose, and she grumbled more, then Venom went and bonked her on the head again, "OW, would you stop that!?" She grimaced, rubbing her head and glaring at Venomtooth. "Yeah, well, if anyone needs me, I'll be in the woods. Away from all these people..." She said, climbing onto Venom's neck and holding onto her horns, as the dragon made a sound like and sigh and flew off.

Valhama blinks and raises a brow before shaking her head. "Alright then... That means we have to get to know each other and let our dragons get acquainted." She said while putting her hands behind her back, linking them. Valara lightly rubbed Dusk Storm's snout as Twilight Glide lightly rested her head on Valara's head. Valara smiled a bit and scratched Twilight Glide's neck lightly before Dusk Storm got jealous and scratched him as well.

"Alright." Asger turned toward Freya and Freyr, "Group meeting lets go you two." He held up his hands as if to pull the Dragon heads into a huddle. Freyr leaned down and looked at Asger, slightly confused. Freya just looked down and huffed, "Freya come on, Im sorry that we can't make you happy too." Freya leaned down and the Asger began to whisper to the two. Freya looked over at Valhama, then shook her head and went back into the huddle. "Her? She doesnt seem like anyones Friend." Freyr nudged Asger who looked at him, "Fine! Fine, we'll try, but dont get your hopes up pal. And you!" He pointed at Freya, "No messing stuff up." He held up two closed fists, and each head booped a fist, and then he patted the bases of their necks.

The steady beating of a hammer could be heard filling the town with a new beat, a constant sharp clang as metal hit metal. The process was long and enduring it took some time, but Allon didn't feel the fatigue. Allon was alone in the outdoor blacksmith area, slowly forging a new sword for some villager with a desire to kill. It was one of the most respected practices of Allon's tribe and his work reflected it, the village practically wore his armor and used his metal work for everything. Course this didn't matter to the tribal man, only the fact that his metal was always made with the same arduous process his ancestors used. The slow melting of the metal, then the forming of the base product, and finally the cooling and sharpening to make the finished piece. By the time he placed the sword down for cooling, Allon heard the horn sounding a meeting.

His thoughts interrupted by the horn he was thoroughly aggravated, but not enough to quit his work. Finished the short sword would take hours longer, but the cooling process allowed him some time to take off. "Gloom! Mist!" Allon called for his dragons, all the while placing on his armor. Allon was six foot, toned with muscles practically forged by his work at the anvil, and his heavy armor it was a wonder any dragons would partner with him. Though upon seeing his abnormally large dragons it made sense why they were the ones the chieftain gave him. Gloom came bounding towards Allon at a excited pace, wanting to be in her partner's arms. Allon gave a soft smile before placing his hand up, Gloom stopping just so her forehead touched it. With their traditional exchange done, Allon wrapped his arms around the Night Fury's neck for a moment. The embrace was small and by the time they released Mist had already made her way over. The Smothering Smokebreath let a small stream of smoke out the side of its mouth before turning to look away from the two, feeling the usual jealousy bubbling up at the two. "Come here Mist, uvesira tomana." The native soothing tongue of his people reflected with his first language. With a hand to the head and a small embrace Allon was finally off to the meeting.

When he settled down in the pit he glanced around, not sure if many new who he was. His house was on the outskirt of the village, allowing plenty of room for his activities. Therefore his name was well known due to his wares, but his face and dragons most likely weren't.
Wonder if anyone here is one of my customers, that would be quite an introduction. Allon knew the gist he heard from eavesdropping, the dragons were disappearing and inter-species re-population was a must. He got off Gloom, placing his dragons on either side of him as his eyes wandered between all the people.

(@Soul OMU Hunter's here mother fudgers!)

( *Sticks tongue out* Fine.)

Valhama raised a brow at Asger and his dragon as they did some sort of huddle before shaking her head and focusing on the group. "Alright... So any questions, threats or attacks before we get started?" she asked while putting her axe down slightly. Valara stood in between Twilight Glide and Dusk Storm while calmly scratching their necks' slightly while looking around shyly under her bangs, observing everyone quietly.

Allon strolled over, not wanting to seem like he eavesdropped, but it was quite obvious. "Bura chocktaw, I'm Allon Yosmer." His voice projected with a under used smoothness. His body was bent down in a small bow, arm crossed over chest in respect to the other riders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back