• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Grand Adventure: If One Piece had a baby with Treasure Planet

KamiKahzy

Tectonic Nomad
Supporter

The main thread is open! Check it out

here!

The title's pretty self explanatory but for those that are interested allow me to go into detail. A few years ago a friend of mine (who happens to be on this website btdubs) decided to help create a lovely little plot bunny of an idea. And the idea was simple: high adventure. And that's exactly what this story aims for, a world filled with both magic and technology where your only goal is exploration and adventure. Gather your crew and take to the skies in an airship bound for riches and glory! Can you endure the harsh sands of the Manum Desert, or the dark jungles of Daritz? Can you withstand the Siren's call? Can you fight off pirates, giants, driders, ghosts, automatons, heavenly beings, even zombies on your quest for knowledge and fame?

If the answer be yes then sign up for the crew swabbie! The Three Seas be callin', and only the brave and stupid should answer the summons!

Now that I (hopefully) have you all thoroughly hooked lemme go into some specifics. First off this is a narrative adventure, no dice needed. As such there will be a semi-solid list of magical abilities listed along with the creatures capable of performing such feats. This will be more of a guideline than anything since under extreme circumstances even a human (nearly the least magically gifted race of all) could perform feats of high magic given enough time, patience and equipment. That said don't expect to perform such an act and come out with your brain still solid and whole. Keep to your limits whenever possible for your sanity, mine, and the rest of the players.

In addition there will also be a list of both playable and non-playable races posted. Some of the playable races include but are not limited to: Stars (non-magical star people), Humans, Manumites (lizardfolk), Anthronians (furries of all varieties), Satyrs, Driders, Shapeshifters (Animorphs ftw), Elves, and Dhampirs (Vampire Lite). Other races, such as Angels and Demons, will be described but may or may not be playable. If one were to ask nicely I may be persuaded to add in other races such as Gnomes, Orcs or Dwarves. However in this world setting there is no set "home" for such races so come prepared with your own back story on where the hell you were spawned.

And then we come to the technology. This world is supposed to be a smooth blend between high magic and steampunk so for the purposes of theme no technology can exceed anything beyond what was available around WWII. Beyond that go nuts, the world is your acorn!

Now depending on how much interest I receive for this RP I will be deciding if this story will have slotted characters or will be free to join with 1 character per player. In this world there will be 3 main factions to begin with: the Explorers, the Pirates, and the Rivals. The Explorers are just that, explorers. Their mission is to discover if the rumors surrounding a lost artifact are true, and if they are to retrieve said artifact to their employer at the earliest convenience. The Pirates are also straightforward: pillage and steal! The Pirates will be lead by myself (sorry but this spot is near and dear to my heart), and will be captained by the mad yet fair Miles Greytooth, a man of the seas without compare. The Rivals sole purpose in life is to sabotage the Explorers and their expedition due to bad blood between the employers of both parties. Should there be so much interest in this thread that I don't know what to do with it I will open up the story to free entry (if you pass my tests) in addition to the already slotted characters. At that point if new players wish to join current factions they must get the OK from that faction's leader. If they wish to create new factions of their own they will have to get the OK from me.

And that's about the long and short of it. Let the comments begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're either crazy excited or just plain crazy. Either way you're my kinda player, welcome!

I can't hear that word without thinking of Team America: World Police. And then my thinking moves on to marionette intercourse and then finally sadness.

I don't see why not. What god would you follow? There's no set religion in this world so feel free to get creative.

Sweet! I'll probably keep this up all weekend to see what kinda interest this story will generate.

Either a red-tinged fur lioness or a black with silver highlighted fur bobcat. I am torn between the two. Both would be bipedal for the most part but like most anthros gain speed on all fours. Claw tipped pawed hands, tail, ears etc

@ShalRavenne

Sounds about right. You can color your fur however you like, just as long as you stick to one species you'll be fine. I had a Russian snow leopard as the Pirate's cook last time this story went down. Giant barrel of a cat, would throw you overboard if he caught you pinching from his galley.

@ShalRavenne

Depends on your upbringing. The Captain grew up around pirates so that's just his accent, but if your character grew up educated there's no reason she can't talk proper.

@Vizriel

There is not, nor will there be until I put up the actual thread. This is just to see if I can generate enough interest to warrant posting the story at all.

However I will keep you in mind when I start looking over the applications for either faction leader. I'm going to be extra picky when it comes to that particular spot because that player will be responsible for accepting and managing the players on their crew.

Ok I understand. Well just keep me posted. One Piece is my absolute favorite manga/anime and I think this idea rocks.

I maybe should have used a different idea as the title since the magic in this world is more traditional than the whacky, zany type in One Piece. Not to say that that kind of magic CAN'T exist here, it would just be more localized to very specific beings.

I was talking more about the idea of a crew with different abilities and skills flying around space together.

The technology and magic magic in the same setting makes it unique. Personally my character is gonna be an expert at an ancient extraterrestrial form of martial arts but thats just me.

Actually Fairy Tail might be more appropriate, but I haven't watched it so I can't say for certain.

@Vizriel

So your character specializes in Star-Fu?

Can my guy be a weapons handler who works for the Explorers but ends up getting stuck with pirates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back