• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fate's Flame

Marcus hesitated whether he should let go of her hand or keep in his. After this morning, he wasn't even sure if he wanted to ever be a secret anymore. One day or another he would have to face his father about this. He just wished he wouldn't be so repulsive of his city and despite the labour working man. One day, they won't recognize me if I wear a hood would they? It's only a holding hands..it shouldn't cause any problem.He told himself to pretty much reassure his decision and he kept her hand stepping out of the house. He was nervous at first, unsure if he was making the right decision but he felt like it was needed. What kind of man would he be if he was always a coward when in front of people. He wanted, he craved showing who he loved dearest and that was all.

She stepped outside and looked down at her hand still in his, her heart pounding. This was a hug step for them, effectively coming out of the closet as a couple. "Are you sure about this?" she asked, squeezing his hand in support as she looked up at him, the breeze blowing past her face brushing a few strands of hair across it.

''Don't make me doubt now that I decided to. I'm mentally preparing to face my father......sometime this week......maybe.'' Marcus said gently and somehow in a teasing way to hid a bit of his nervosity. He was curious to see her reaction to this, obviously meeting the parents means somehow kind of an engagement or an official dedication to the couple. Marcus honestly had a couple of engagement despite his young age. He never married tho and some were still in Hiatus since he had no interest in them. All of them were picky and annoying royalty girls from all kind of different country.

"I need another drink to cool my nerves..." Valeria groaned as she made it at the top of the hill, pausing for a moment to place a hand on her face, trying to calm her shaking form. As she exhaled slowly, she dropped her hand and continued down the hill. What luck I have to have stumbled upon the home I wanted to pay a visit to at some point. I hope not that witch has placed a curse upon me. Oh Gods and Goddesses, I beg of thee, watch over me...

He heard Marcus' words as he stepped out. Thoughts passed through his head of telling his father about his son. He would surely end their relationship. But then what kind of a friend would he be? He should be happy for Anastasia, not sad for himself. He sighed and scribbled two words down on his tablet and he rushed over to the two with their hands entwined and lifted the board up to Anastasia, blushing deeply and sadness and regret clear in his brown eyes.

I apologise

Ana ripped her hand from Marcus' and wrapped her arms around Demicius' neck, hugging him tightly. "Why on earth would you do something so unbelievably silly?" she asked him rhetorically as tears flooded her eyes. She pulled back slightly and placed her hands on his shoulders. "You have to do what the doctors say and use whatever cream they give you. Promise me you will?" she asked, looking at him with big blue tear filled eyes. She glanced briefly back at Marcus before turning to Demicius.

He shrugged awkwardly and tried to write something, the words looked poorly written because of her close proximity to him

For you I will

Marcus saw Decimius and didn't do anything to hold her back. He wasn't going to interrupt them, Decimius probably needed it and what kind of person would he be holding her back? He wasn't controlling so he simply looked at both smiling. He was glad that he was alive and still cared about Ana. She wouldn't be able to handle losing a friend. Marcus simply crossed his arm out of habit and looked at both with a small smile. He then wondered where Valeria had gone too..

Ana smiled at him brightly. "Thank you," she whispered before stepping back. She stood next to Marcus, feeling awkward being out in the open. Looking around slowly, she could see no one but for a small figure in the distance. A woman, she decided as she began to walk closer, and one she recognized as Valeria.

He stared at Marcus and started to write something else. He showed it to him, steel in his eyes now. He looked bigger than he usually did, his eyes looking like they'd lost their spark

Make her happy and never stop doing so. It's what she deserves.

Valeria somehow got to thinking about Marcus once again and speaking to herself yet once more. "Though Marcus could be with Anastasia and the two could elope, however..." Her voice dropped softly. "... Who could ever be the most suitable heir for the throne, but most beloved Marcus? He is not like his father, not a bit like him at all. He could change this city for the best; he only has the best interests for this place at heart." A sigh left her lips. "Anastasia could not run away and elope with him anyhow for she loves her father far too much to leave him behind. Perhaps his father would have a change of heart for his son?"

She kicked the ground lightly as she walked, arms swinging beside her. "Marcus stop being such a fool and accept the marriage proposal from that lovely rich daughter in Herculaneum. Do not be a fool for love..." Valeria did not want to see Pompeii get any worse simply because the ruler did not give a care. She and Marcus had a conversation before of his distaste for his father always bringing up these arranged marriages, but she wished he would just bite his tongue and comply. She truly did believe Marcus could turn this city around and for the best.

She looked up and noticed Marcus, Anastasia, and Decimius a bit a ways from her. Quickly shutting up, she stopped in her tracks. I have been set with a curse, have I not?

Marcus looked at Decimius and chuckled a bit with what looked like a smile hiding many emotions. He felt extremely happy that he wouldn't hate him to much for this but also sad since everyone should have the right to be loved by the ones they love. '' I will always give my all to bring her happiness..'' he simply mumbled to him before turning and facing Valeria in the distance. '' Sister! Now you are finally joining us? '' he asked laughing and walking in her direction.

Valeria put on a tight smile. Sister? She kept herself from scoffing and rolling her eyes, making herself loosen up a bit. "Ah, there you three are! I was looking everywhere for you all!" She slowly walked over to the group, putting a hand on her cheek, rubbing it a little to lighten up the colour upon it. She hoped they did not notice her face blushed from drink.

He looked at the group of them sadly and turned when none of them were looking to slip into the shadows. He knew they were his friends but he needed to be alone. He needed to think.

Marcus smiled at her, '' I was actually thinking of you. Wondering where you went after drinking like a man at the Tavern,'' he said remembering the night before looking at all the empty cups in front of her. He wondered how she could still walk normally back home after drinking so much. He wasn't much of a drinker, not really liking the taste of it. Tho, occasionally, he didn't mind drinking a bit of local wine.

A sad look fell upon Valeria's face as she was reminded of last night, but she shook her head and wrapped an arm around Marcus, walking closer to Anastasia. "You mustn't worry about me. I can handle my cup, thank you," she said curtly and then wrapped an arm around Anastasia's shoulders. She looked between the two on either side of her. Valeria did tend to get a bit more loving and loose when she had a drink coursing through her veins.

"Ah, the star crossed lovers..." She let out a giggle as she stroked Anastasia's hair and Marcus' hair, though she gripped Marcus' hair a bit. "I am surprised you two are seen together given what happened with poor, poor, poor Decimius. To think you two would take that as a sign of foreboding on the relations between the two of you."

Tony wandered into the Tavern, not noticing his friends, and sat in the corner, looking tired. He hadn't slept, and rarely did, but now he had more straight cuts on his wrists, that he tried to hide. Where he had found the sharp object was anyones guess, but whatever memories had be conjured by his mind as he slept had affected him badly

Anastasia was lost for words, deathly pale and sick to her stomach as she heard the words come out of Valeria. She couldn't believe that she would say such a thing, but with the smell if alcohol pouring off of her she shouldn't have been surprised. Her friend usually spoke her mind, but she'd never said anything so cruel to her. And it was impossible that her relationship with MarcusL could have caused such an effect in Decimius. He didn't even like her, or so she thought.

Sent using Tapatalk

A breath of air fell from Valeria's lips in a small, content sigh. Her arms fell from the shoulders of her two friends and she pat them on the back, patting harder against Marcus' back. She walked in front of Marcus, facing him.

"Most dearest Marcus. You would do your friends proud no matter what the choice, even if your father does not approve." She looked into his deep blue eyes, feeling herself getting lost in them. She placed a chaste, friendly kiss upon his lips like any friend would do. She pulled away, patting him on the cheek with a half smile. "You have my blessing," she said while looking over to Anastasia before looking to him again.

Valeria walked over to Anastasia, pulling her into a tight embrace. She stroked her hair, curling locks of her dark brown hair amongst her index finger, then whispered into her ear, "Sister, you do not know what blessing the Gods and Goddesses have bestowed upon you..." Before she pulled away, she placed a kiss upon Anastasia's cheek and then walked away, not wanting her bad luck to rub off on her dear friends.

As she walked away with haste, she touched her fingertips to her lips tenderly. My very first kiss. I would not have it any other way... No one would have guessed that she had never been kissed before. Her friends probably thought she had the most experience with romance and such, but no one really knew. She was a closed book after all. She broke into a run, disappearing from view.

Marcus felt the pull in the hair, but held himself from saying anything. He felt the hit in his back, which cut his breath short, and he was about to say something rather rude but then felt her lips on his. He had not expected and just froze into it. He never had any romantic feels for her since he met her after Anastasia. Once she left, he looked at Anastasia with perplexed eyes. '' Do we usually do that between friends? why didn't she do that to you?'' he asked a bit confused. He never really was the touchy type so maybe that was normal for other young adults.

Tony heard his friends, and looked toward them, his eyes dull with a touch of fear hidden in them. He looked back at the table, pulling at his sleeves to hide the marks on his wrists

"She kissed my cheek instead," she said softly. "Maybe she likes you," she continued swallowing hard as jealousy prickled her. It was an unknown feeling to her and she frowned. She didn't feel jealous when he flirted with women the way that she probably should have, because she already knew that he loved her but there was something about what Valeria said and did that hit her hard. Shaking her head she turned to him and sighed. "Lets go sit with Tony, I can see him over by the table in the tavern."

Decimius walked up to Valeria and looked at her questioningky, raising his tablet that had two questions scribbled down for her

Why did you do that? Do you like Marcus?

Valeria let out a breath of air as she swayed on her feet a bit. She wondered how Decimius had found her before she eyed the tablet he raised to her. Her lips worded the words she read silently before she let out a laugh.

"Do not be idiotic. That is absolutely ridiculous," she said as she pushed the tablet away and resumed to walk away.

Tony huffed, drawing circles on the woodwork of the table with his finger, pulling again at his sleeves to hide the marks. He huffed softly, not looking up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back