• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fate's Flame

Vaila

Cybernetic Princess.
Vaila submitted a new role play:

Fate's Flame - A reincarnation story that follows the lives of 8 people as they are reborn over and over again.

T

he theory of reincarnation is that when your body dies, your soul

is reborn in another body, but the theories don't stop there. Some people believe that our souls are reborn for a reason. So that we can find the one person we are truly meant to be with.

But sometimes jealousy can cause untold damage. A group of 8

friends first met in Pompeii, Ancient Greece, but something went wrong. A sorceress grew jealous of their friendship and...
Read more about this role play...

overview

T

he theory of reincarnation is that when your body dies, your soul

is reborn in another body, but the theories don't stop there. Some people believe that our souls are reborn for a reason. So that we can find the one person we are truly meant to be with.

But sometimes jealousy can cause untold damage. A group of 8

friends first met in Pompeii, Ancient Greece, but something went wrong. A sorceress grew jealous of their friendship and the love they shared so that they would never be reunited again, but fate had other plans. So over and over again, the 8 friends would meet and fall in love but it would always end in disaster.

After dying each person would wait in ghost form for the others to

die before they are reborn again, but when they access the spirit world, they have the chance to see all of their past lives. To remember all that they have done. But when all 8 meet in the spirit world, they are reborn and forget everything.

And when you're reborn with the same souls over and over again, a

sense of familiarity takes over as karma and familiarity draw them together yet again.

maps

dw01mountainll2.jpg

Pompeii, pre eruption, is where our story starts in the year 79AD. It's where the sorceress curses all 8, and it's where we flash back to in our spirit forms. The story starts on volcano day, as the lava flows down into the streets.

001a1e31_medium.jpeg

On the coast of Britania, 4 of our people are brought to rest before they carry on towards the battleground for the Battle of Badon. (Think King Arthur)

siege_of_paris_885_480-zm.jpg

Tens of thousands of men arrive outside Paris in late November of 885, just after our 8 are finally settled. One by one the 8 are killed off until only one remains, just as the Imperial army arrives to defend Paris in 886.

A time period known as The Anarchy. A civil war in England and Normandy broke out lasting 19 years. The war caused a breakdown of law and order.

The Black Death spreads throughout Europe, where it is believed to have wiped out 50% of the population by it's end.

Others to be added later.

rules

Standard RPNation rules apply.

1. No God-Modding
  2. No Perfect Characters
  3. No Duplicating Characters, you can use the same character details but each version must have a new background and name.
  4. Only serious role players please. Not the ones who only come on once a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
dw01mountainll2.jpg

The story starts in Pompeii in 79AD. Our heroes were sat in a small outdoor tavern where its citizens could enjoy a snack and a cool drink. They were surrounded by shops, each clearly marked with carved signs: a goat for the dairy, grapes for the winery, bread for the bakery. The streets below their feet were paved with pebble stones as buildings of white and grey stretched up towards the sky. The sun was setting, hovering on the edge of the skyline as pink light tinted the clouds.

Anastasia was sat, laughing as she tried to sip the remaining liquid from her cup. Looking up as she brushed a fallen lock of dark brown hair from her face, she looked around at her friends and wondered what she'd done to be granted such wonderful company. She reminded herself to thank the Gods later, saying silent prayers in her mind as she finally drained the last of her drink. Her pale blue eyes, reflecting streaks of pink as she looked to the sky, as she was reminded that it was time to depart. Her father wouldn't be home for another few hours, but she still had to prepare his supper. "I should be getting home," she said, standing from the table slowly as she looked around at her 7 friends.

He looked around at each of them cautiously, still unsure of how he'd managed to get himself into such a kind and helpful friendship group. His gaze lingered on Anastasia longer than the others. He really liked her, it was about time he showed it. He bit his lip as he stood up "I'll...I'll walk with you" he said, trying and failing to sound confident, his face turning an instant shade of crimson

Marcus was running the street wearing what seemed like poor clothes. He was actually trying to blend in to go meet his friends at the tavern. His father was very strict when it came to he's out things. Unfortunately, his father put guards to spy on him. Tsh... He ran in the streets finally reaching his destination and slamming the doors behind him. He saw his friends and walked towards them '' I'm sorry for being so late guys..'' he said sitting at the empty spot next to Anastasia. He looked over at her, '' Oh were you already leaving?'' he asked a bit deceived.

A small smile crossed Valeria's lips as she looked around at her group of friends before she took another sip of her drink and then placing the cup back onto the table. A playful glint shot across her eyes as she looked between Decimius and Anastasia. "He is definitely captivated by her..." She wondered if he would finally muster up the courage to tell her of his feelings.

How this group even managed to befriend her still mystified her 'til this very day. She wasn't one who was made a friend of easily. Yet she felt a strong connection with these people that sat amongst her, a bond so strong she could never make heads or tails of it, though some of them vexed her to no end at times. She was glad for the company though. Being the oldest in her family and with the passing of her dear mother years ago, it definitely put some stress on the girl.

"Oh, that reminds me, I must be going as well before the house gets turned upside down," she said as slowly rose from her seat. "We should do this more often," she added, feeling the need to get out of the house more often and forget she was the caretaker, even if it was just for a few mere minutes.

Then Marcus ran in and Valeria looked to him. "Well, well, look who finally decided to show up."

She giggled and smiled at him sweetly. "I have to be home before dark," she said with a nod. "I can only stay for a few more minutes." She brushed a dark lock of hair behind her ear as she retook her seat. "I have to cook my father dinner, but he's working late this evening so I suppose I can take my time."

He leaned more on his seat stretching a bit, '' Well Sorry, my dad decided to make me a prisoner in the damn castle thanks to all of the political tension.'' he said a bit irritated by the subject but he felt relaxed around all of his friends. He was probably one of the last ones to have joined the group of friends. He ordered one glass of water not feeling like drinking or anything and once he received the glass, he gulped it in one go. He had ran for so long that he was still breathing loudly.

Tony was watching them from his seat, being his usual quiet self. He ran a hand through his hair in agitation, not liking crowds of people, which was unavoidable when it came to taverns. He glanced around at his friends, absently wondering how he managed to get his way into such a group, and how they put up with his silent and overly nervous ways. He wasn't drinking either, he didn't trust anyone not to spike anything non-alcoholic, and he knew what alcohol could do to a person, and he didn't want to end up like his father.

Joe blushed even more and sat back down and started to stare at his drink instead of looking at any of the other people at the table. He was foiled at every opportunity with her. A frown started to appear on his fave. Why wouldn't she acknowledge that he liked her?

Valeria's eyes moved smoothly between the interaction between Anastasia and Marcus. "Is this a love triangle I smell a'brewing...?" She thought and her hazel eyes fell upon Decimius, who looked a bit crestfallen. "He needs to step up and woo her before someone else does. Ah, however does he believe with his all his heart that the odds are within his favour when she has eyes set for the emperor's son?"

"...A heartbreaking love affair amongst the three: one, a mere working class son and the other, the heir to the line of royalty, after the heart of the beautiful maiden with pale blue eyes, who only has eyes set for one... This is a story unraveling for the ages..." Valeria's mind whirred with ideas for stories, poetry, and prose. The art of writing and everything associated with it was her passion. Ever since she laid eyes upon a stylus etching the symbols of words upon a clay tablet, she fell in love. It was as beautiful as the murals on the walls of the temple. Art also had a place in her passions, though she did not know how to make it.

She slipped from the table and over to the bar, ordering herself another drink. She paid and went back over to her seat at the table, sitting down and sipping her bittersweet drink. Her face she kept from any hint of excitement from the scene before her and kept calm. "I have to see with my eyes how this plays out..."

Marcus eyed Valeria, he was with this people long enough to know when they were in their thoughts. He wasn't one to usually interrupt there day dreaming but somehow, her eyes had a mischievous feel in them. He was curious to know what she was thinking and was going to try anything to know what they were. '' Dear Valeria,'' he started saying playfully. He had tendency to slip a few sweet words when he talked to girls, '' What are you thinking of?'' he finally asked with a sly smile after taking a sip of his water.

He stared at Marcus jealously. He always knew hoe to charm a girl and make them like him. Mpg just that but his father was the Emperor. It was so unfair. No girls ever liked Decimius in the way he wanted them to, they only ever had eyes for his friend.

Valeria came out from her thoughts and looked over to Marcus with a bored look overcoming her face. "Hmm?" She leaned back in her chair, draping her arm around the back of the chair that sat next to her, her other hand holding her drink close to her lips.

"Oh, nothing your mind can grasp..." She replied in a slight derisive tone, a sly smile crossing her lips that matched his before she took a sip from her cup. Her eyes narrowed a bit at him as she stared at him for a few moments. She didn't quite take a liking to Marcus ever since he joined their little group. He was one of the few that vexed her, however not in a way of hatred, no. She cared for each one of her friends deeply, even if she didn't show it to some of them most times.

"Oh, you're not going to entrap me in your games, dear Marcus..." She thought, but she did have to admit, he did amuse her at times.

Anastasia laughed softly. "She's got you there Marcus," she teased, smiling at Valeria happily as she tried to keep from laughing too loudly and attracting attention to herself. She was fairly shy, even with her friends, but they didn't seem to mind. She poured herself another glass of water and sipped it, enjoying the cool liquid as it refreshed her after a long hot day in the sun.

Marcus smile faded to a bored one. He looked at Valeria in a fuck-you-im-not-an-idiot way. He looked at Anastasia giving her that hurt look when she spoke up. She, who was usually shy, just plainly agreed with Valeria that he was pretty closed minded and not intelligent enough to understand. '' Look at you guys ganging up on me. Well let me tell you something, that pitiful mind of mine will be ruling you guys. I would watch what I say , If I was in your place.'' he said smirking and crossing his arms on his chest. He didn't really mean what he said. He was indeed the next one to succeed the crown and he was looking forward to it, but he was far from being like his father who was close minded. He hoped for a bright future with great progress in all department including rights.

Anastasia blushed and looked down embarrassed. "I didn't mean to offend you, it was meant as a joke," she said softly, feeling guilty all of a sudden as she began to ring her hands together, fidgeting nervously. "I do apologize Marcus," she continued before finishing her drink. She looked up at the sky to see the light fading and sighed softly. "I should be heading home. Goodnight." She stood slowly and smiled at the others briefly before beginning to walk the familiar route back to her home.

He watched as the three argued, trying not to smirk as for once the girls rejected Marcus "let me walk with you" he got up and followed Anastasia

Marcus laughed and jogged towards Anastasia giving her a big hug, '' Oh come one! I was joking too Anastasia. It wasn't serious.'' he said trying to reassure her. He had a small bag with gold coins in his hand, he broke the friendly hug and handed it to her. '' I know of the hard economy at this moment and I felt I should give you this to help. I know of this great pastry maker not far from here. Maybe a good cake for you father will give him a smile after his hard work.'' he said placing the bag in her hands. He wasn't forcing her to take it but didn't really give her a choice. '' For now Goodnight! I'll be enjoying my escape!'' he said walking back to the table in the tavern.

Valeria winked at Anastasia before letting out a soft scoff as Marcus gave Valeria that look. She rolled her eyes as Anastasia apologised to Marcus. "Like he'll do anything to any of us..." She would have said more to Marcus, but didn't want a fight to break out. She already had one too many an argument with Marcus in the past and just wanted a peaceful outing with friends.

"Go get her, boy..." She thought as she watched Anastasia leave, then Decimius going after her. Valeria exhaled after she finished her drink. She thought that she best get home, not wanting to linger around Marcus more than she had to.

"I'm sure my house is already in shambles by now..." She murmured to herself, not looking forward to heading back into reality. She bid her friends a good night and headed out into the pebble stoned streets, taking a left toward the fields to head home.

"But...." she said, trying to object, but he was already gone. She would return it tomorrow, slipping it into his pocket when he wasn't looking. She knew he was trying to be nice, but she didn't want him to think that he had to buy her friendship, she liked him just the way he was. Even if his hugs made her blush and he could sometimes come across as a little forward for her taste but she found it refreshing. "You don't have to walk me home," she whispered, looking up at Decimius briefly. "It's really not that far."

He blushed again, his face a very deep shade of red "I know...but I want to...we are friends after all" he shuffled his feet "I just want to spend some time with you"

"Well thank you," she said, smiling across at him as a soft breeze blew the hair back from her face. She closed her eyes and breathed in the lingering scent from the bakery with a smile. It was one of her favourite smells, freshly baked bread, and although it was late and it had almost faded from the air she still enjoyed the scent. Turning around a corner, she spotted her house and smiled over at her friend. "Thank you for walking me home Decimius," she said sweetly, placing a hand on his arm briefly.

'' Goodnight Valeria~'' Marcus shouted from his place. He knew that he annoyed that girl but it was stronger than him. Despite the fact that people tended to see them as rivals or more like people who couldn't stand each other, which was true, he considered a close friend. Close enough for him to talk about his problems but just distant enough to hold a few details too. They had that kind of best friend who annoyed each other constantly in his point of view. Now he didn't know for her, but that is how he interpreted it.

Sitting back in the tavern, he ordered a few drinks for himself and his friends to enjoy the rest of the night. Not thinking that there was possible consequences back home.

He stuttered at the contact for a few seconds, placing his hand onto hers "it's....it's nothing...just happy to help" he mumbled, avoiding looking at her face, knowing that would make him even more awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back