• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fate's Flame

She pressed the sponge to his right wrist, wiping the blood from his skin. She put the sponge back in the water and squeezed, washing the blood away. She took the bandages and wrapped one around his wrist to stop the bleeding. She then repeated it with his other arm and secured the bandage tightly. "You don't have to tell me, but I'm here for you. You know that right?" she asked as she looked into his eyes.

Decimius stood outside watching her house. Protecting her. That was when he heard the whispers "of all the girls available to him the child of the Emperor chose her?" The first voice was nasal and his whisper was quite high pitched, Decimius couldn't see it's owner. He could however make out the man who responded. He was tall but large, his head was shaved completely and he had a scar underneath his left eye "the Emperor wants her dead. We cannot fail him" the voice definitely matched the owner. Low pitched but he spoke in facts. Decimius was alarmed at what he heard said, unsure what he should do. He decided to observe for now, if necessary he could jump in to protect Ana later.

Marcus had left at some point since he had to go back home. He honestly didn't feel like it and lazily walked down the market place. It was the only busy place at such times. After a while, he sat at a small restaurant with a lot of young couples. He recognized it as one renown name around the city and decided to try it out since he was hungry. He sat on one of the table and ordered one of there specialities that he actually never had back at his house. "Pizza.. Sounds weird but must taste great i guess?" He told himself.

(I decided there was pizza at that time.)

Anastasia got up and took the bowl outside, pouring the content into a hole and watched as it drained into the ground. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to rid the scent of blood from her nose. Her peace, surrounded by the wind and the trees as the scent of freshly baked bread blew towards her house, was short-lived. The men intending to kill her grew closer, and as she opened her eyes she spotted them. Five of them, of all shapes and sizes coming towards her. She prayed that they were coming for another house but she knew her prayers were short lived. They were right on the outskirts, and there were no other houses beside hers. She considered running inside, but dismissed it almost immediately. Although her father would probably have gone to work, Tony was still inside and if they were here to kill her like she suspected they would surely kill him too. She thought about running into the forest but feared that she would be worse off in there than out here in the open where they might be spotted. So instead she stood like a deer caught in headlights and waited to see what they would do.

Two of the men quickly grabbed her as another pulled out a knife. She screamed and tried to struggle but she knew it was hopeless. And as they plunged it into her stomach, pain flooded her body. Her knees buckled and they began to kick and punch her, ignoring her pleas and cries for them to stop. The man with the knife dropped it, and Ana clutched at her stomach. "No!" she cried out. "Please stop! I didn't do anything," she sobbed, as she began to throb everywhere, the pain overwhelming her senses.

Valeria woke up with a start as she thought she heard a scream that belonged to a woman. Her blood ran cold as she thought as if the screams were caused from someone being stabbed. She was sober now since it was dark and she was lying underneath a tree, next to the river. She shakily got up to her feet and slowly made her way through the forest, unsure of where she should head or what she should even do.

Marcus was casually eating and pretty much eating up his delicious pizza. He wasn't really paying much attention around him but he heard a group of people talking more whispering something about the emperor. As he focused more, his face grew from happy to pretty much panicked. He immediately ran towards Anastasia's house feeling confused and angry and all kind of other feelings confusing him even more. He could feel the adrenaline pulsing through his veins as he grew closer to her house and saw 5 men kicking someone. He immediately talked one on the floor and the guy just stabbed himself somehow.

Ana's sobs quietened as the pain became too much to bare and black spots clouded her vision. She tried to hold on as best she could, but it was like a weight was pressing on her trying to push her out of her own body. She lay unmoving, beaten and bloody as she waited for it all to end.

His hood fell back on his back, his face now showing. He saw the men around all gasp seeing that Marcus had just killed one of them and looked infuriated. They all ran away cursing and middle fingering Marcus. The son of the emperor saw the blood of him, he had just killed someone. One of his people. He immediately crawled away, confused at how everything seemed unreal. Maybe it was just a bad dream but reality hit him hard as he heard Anastasia sobbing behind him. He turned around looking at her in pain, he felt like crying just seeing all of this. He blamed himself for all of this. He gently touched her cheek, it felt cold and he could see the bruises from the dim light. He felt like screaming in rage but he had no time for that. He picked her up and saw the blood on her stomach, he ran to her house.

Ana gripped his shirt, falling in and out of consciousness. "I love you Marcus," she tried to whisper but it hurt too much to talk, her skin stretching as she moved. As the blood loss became too great, she drifted into a state of unconsciousness. Her entire body went limp in his arms and her breathing became shallow as she struggled to breath.

Valeria watched all of this happen, hidden in the brush. Tears rapidly collected in her eyes as watched Marcus take Anastasia's limp, bloody form into his arms and into her house. No, no, no... She edged away from the scene backwards, shaking her head furiously. The worst of luck has rubbed off from me unto her... Without another glance at the scene, she turned and sprinted away.

Marcus immediately rushed in and ran to her room placing her on her bed. His clothes completely stained with fresh blood, he could feel the stench of it and it disgusted him. How could his father do that to him? To a girl of the city? Because they loved each other? What was wrong with that? Was it because of his damn debt to Rome or his other shitty decisions in life? Marcus honestly didn't get why he would hire 5 men to kill the women he loved. Marcus immediately pulled out what he had left as dry clothes and pressed it on her wound. He couldn't bring her anywhere or he could lose her just because of time. He continued pressing on the wound not wanting her to lose more, he tapped her cheek ''Don't sleep please, don't sleep, I'm begging you Anastasia... please..It's going to be alright.'' he said trying to wake her up. He started crying not knowing what to do. He looked at Tony who somehow was here and just screamed at him, '' What the fuck am I suppose to do! All of this is my fault!'' he screamed angrily

Ana squeezed his hand and curled into him. "Dont leave me. It's not your fault," she said in a croaky voice as she clung to him as tightly as she could. "Everything hurts," she murmured as she opened up her eyes and gazed at him. "You are so handsome."

Marcus felt weak and powerless faced to this. He wasn't use to this feelings and simply sobbed, hiding his face on the crook of his elbow that rested on her. He couldn't handle this, '' All of this is my fault.. I decided to go public now and look where it lead you..'' he said with a broken voice. He then remembered the story of some sorcerer in the forest. He never believed in this stories but if she did happen to exist, she would help. The city was too far away at the moment. He managed to bring Demecius to the castle since they were in the part of the forest closest to his house. Now they were kilometers away. '' But...I'll fix it.'' he said wiping his cheeks from the tears and holding Anastasia closely to his chest still pressing on the wound.

Valeria had made her way to the hut hidden in the cliff, tears falling ceaselessly from her eyes, sobs wracking her body. She composed herself, but did not wipe the tears from her eyes for that would be useless, and barged into the hut without even knocking. An ugly, old woman was hunched over the cauldron and she stopped stirring as she gazed up at Valeria with such a hideous smile that exposed all her rotting teeth.

"Sorceress, I implore you for help!" Valeria cried as the hag watched her with amusement. "My dear sister is dying!"

"Oh, such a pity," the crone said in a high pitched crackly voice. "However, I am afraid I cannot be of much help."

"You must help, you must!" Valeria cried as she took the hand of the hag into hers, which she immediately dropped since it was freezing cold. "I shall..." She took a deep shaky breath. "Do anything you say..."

The smile on the hag's face grew more sinister and it chilled Valeria to the bone, but she had to ask. "Anything, child?"

"Y-yes, anything! I shall do anything you ask of me. I am your puppet, your doll!" Valeria yelled in a cracked voice. She didn't know what she was getting herself into.

"... I want your youth." The crone demanded and Valeria's eyes widened. She couldn't simply give her own life away. She was young and still had so much to live for.

"It is yours," she said without a quiver in her voice. She would do anything for her friends. Even if it meant, selling her beauty and life away.

"Come hither, child..." The old woman motioned for her to come closer and Valeria obeyed. She stared into the hag's black bottomless eyes as the hag grabbed onto her arms, digging her talons into her arms a bit. Valeria could feel herself withering away, but she could not look away.

Then she felt pain. Intense pain. The pain of aging. With this searing pain, she could feel herself grow older at a much rapid pace. As all this was happening, the hag cackled away.

Soon enough, Valeria was nothing but a pile of ash on the floor. The only thing that could define who the remains belonged to was an old, green ribbon that she wore in her hair amongst her ashes.

"Tsk, tsk, naive girl. Do you not know that not even the most powerful of sorceresses cannot put a stopper to death or even bring the dead back to life...?" The hag, who was now a much younger and beautiful woman, sighed before she disappeared right on the spot. Though she would be back again for she envied the passion the girl had for her friends and perhaps there was the same passion and love in her friends that she may have to place a curse on them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbeknownst to the others Decimius lay slumped against the walls in the shadows opposite Anastasia's house. The body of the tall man he had seen earlier was laid a few feet away from him however his knife was buried in Decimius' chest. He was weakly writing a message on the tablet by his side

My dearest Anastasia

I'm sorry for everything. How I have behaved around you these last few years. I hope you do not feel as if there is anything wrong with you as in my eyes you are perfection. I know Marcus makes you happy and that is why I took this blade. Live happily with him. I love you and always have.

Decimius

Tony flinched when he was yelled at, eyes wide. At the scream he had ran out, but had instantly turned and ran back inside, as the blood was making him relive other things and it made him shiver, and so he hid against the wall in the corner

Marcus held Anastasia close to his chest, running towards the forest and thinking of all the stories that was once said. The cliff....That's what the stories always said.. the cliffs. Marcus ran as fast as he could, occasionally glancing down to Anastasia, '' I'll get you someone, don't worry... I promise..'' he said in between pants as he finally saw the house. With the last energy he had, he sprinted towards the house and dashed into the door. Anastasia still in his arms, he fell to his knees '' Is there anyone here!?'' he shouted in desperation.

Tony was running after Marcus, afraid his friend would do something foolish, or that Anastasia would die. As he noticed Marcus fall to his knees Tony fell beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder

Decimius watched Tony, Marcus and Anastasia leave, all passing him by without noticing. He looked down at the tablet one last time before his eyelids fluttered shut. Finally, he was at peace

"Marcus," Ana whimpered in his arms as she closed her eyes. "Marcus, stop... It's ok." She opened her blue eyes and looked up at him. "You can find someone better now. Someone who your father approves of and will love you as much as I do. Someone who you can be proud to have at your side," she croaked out barely above a whisper. Her vision was fading and she knew it was almost time. "I love you so much."

Marcus looked at Anastasia's face, bruised up and everything, she still was the most beautiful women he met. He cupped her cheek as his eyes teared up, he couldn't see anything anymore with the tears patterning his red cheeks from the running. He placed his head on her chest, '' How can I? I could never love anyone but you Anastasia! I loved you , I saw my future with you and only you. I don't anyone but you! Why can't that bastard understand that. Don't leave me Anastasia..Please...'' He gently kissed her lips and placed his forehead on her's as he couldn't control the sadness and desperation in him.

(I thought maybe we'd wander the streets of Pompeii :P )

Decimius stood over the dying Anastasia in the arms of her lover Marcus. He wondered what it would be like had he not discovered their secret relationship. Would things have ended up differently? Probably not.

Ana closed her eyes, drifing into unconsciousness. It was only a matter of time before her heartbeat grew too weak and eventually gave out but she couldn't bare to keep her eyes open any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back