• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fate's Flame

Valeria stared at the shaky writing he had written on the floor and held him close, her eyes shutting tightly, though the tears still spilled through. She didn't know what to do and she prayed to the Gods and Goddesses. She hoped with all her might that someone will come through those trees and help her dear friend.

Her mind as well as her body went into shock, and her mind wandered to fond memories of her when she was younger. She remembered wishing for a red stolla, or any coloured clothes, really, that wasn't her usual white or other neutral colors. Her stolla was now red, a very dark and deep red. She didn't want that red stolla anymore.

Anastasia got up slowly and looked at him. Moving towards him slowly, she kissed his lips once more slowly and bid him goodbye. "I'll see you tomorrow," she whispered, slipping the bag of coins he'd given her earlier into his pocket. "I love you," she said before stepping back and replacing the walls around herself that she kept up to keep their love a secret. She moved through the forest, away from Decimius and Valeria towards her house.

Tony, hearing the cry, ran toward it, recognising the voice. He skidded to a halt, eyes wide as he noted Valeria cradling a boy that he knew too well. He froze, the sight of blood making memories flash up in his mind

Marcus let Anastasia go, he hesitated to hold her hand and ignore the scream but curiosity made it that he didn't stop her. I'll see you later my love. He thought walking in the direction of the scream. He's thought filled with what it was or what he would find. He heard the name that was screamed and hoped it was actually his imagination and it was the scream of an animal getting slaughtered by hunters. He knew of Demecius feelings for Anastasia, It was one of the reason he didn't want to make it public yet. He hoped that his friend would eventually move on and no one would be hurt. He brushed one of the branches away but what he saw was heart breaking. Valeria holding a bloody Demecius, a knife on the ground next to him and his tongue on the floor. He immediately ran to him kicking the knife into bushes. '' What the hell happened!? Demecius! Why? Why did you do this?'' he shouted grabbing the guy lifting him up. He couldn't let him bleed to death. His panicked eyes and doubt, he didn't think anymore of the possibility of them having been caught. All he wanted to do is save him.

He was unable to talk and so couldn't answer his questions, his body limp in Marcus' arms

Tony immediately moved from the shadows, "Calm down Marcus." He muttered, his voice its usual emotionless tone, "You'll only panic him further" He continued in the same tone, ignoring the memories of his past that flooded his mind. He shook his head to himself, and looked around, wincing slightly at the sight

Valeria didn't acknowledge Tony's presence, and when Marcus came through and ripped Demicius' body from her arms, she didn't react. All she could do was quiver from her spot on the ground, her front drenched in blood, crying quietly.

"This is not how the story is supposed to go..." She kept repeating softly. How could one do that to himself, even though he had many friends that loved him so?

Tony then moved, crouching beside Valeria and placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, watching her with worried eyes, "Its ok..... We'll work this out" He said softly, emotion leaking into his usually void voice. Each movement Tony made was gentle, not wanting to alarm her

Anastasia made it back to her house within the space of a minute. She hoped that Marcus would be okay, and she knew that her nerves and underline fear that something would hurt him wouldn't go away until she saw him again but there was nothing she could do now but wait and try and get some sleep before she had to wake up to start the chores the next day.

Valeria fell quiet and leaned away from Tony's touch. For some reason, she felt part of the reason why this happened. She had the story playing in her head all this time, ever since she saw the love Decimius had for Anastasia, and things were going in the right direction, until Decimius let Anastasia out of his sight. Valeria thought she should have done more to push the two together instead of letting them go on their own free will. There were so many opportunities that she could have had to leave the two alone, but wanted to see it pan out in front of her own eyes. She felt foolish for believing that Decimius and Anastasia could ever be a happily ever after.

Tony pulled his hand back, not expecting her to react like that, but not really blaming her. He watched her with his emerald eyes, frowning slightly, "It wasn't your fault Valeria" He said softly, having a feeling he knew what she was thinking. He'd done the same when his brother had died.

Marcus tried control himself, it was no time to panic indeed but he couldn't not do anything. '' Tony, Take care of Valeria. I'll bring Demicius to..my house..there is a good doctor..a friend of mine.'' he said starting to run towards his house. He knew that if he brought Demicius to he will be caught an probably forbidden to step foot outside of his walls including his garden. He ran in high speed finally sprinting to the front gate, his lazy guards obviously too busy drinking Guards of my ass He thought. He knew all to well that they were going to be the reason if his father was ever assassinated by the rebels. He managed to get in the house knowing there was a trail of blood and he barged in one of the rooms. A pretty young man that looked the opposite of Marcus. Blonde with blue eyes, he was the assistant of his friend but he was trustworthy in Marcus opinion so he didn't mind. The blond man named Samuel looked at Marcus curiously, '' Oh how bloody.. place him here.'' he said with his british accent. He was studying researching on different herbs in the region. Marcus placed Demecius on the place designated. He looked at Samuel, both sharing that kind of look. No words had to be exchange and Marcus knew that he would save Demicius. He exited the room without a word and made sure all of the blood was washed off without his father being warned thanks to his servant. All shared the same ideals of his and would follow him no matter what.

Valeria looked down at herself, choking on a sob as she saw all the blood on her stolla, on her arms. Everywhere. She shook and her breathing came in small gasps. She needed to get the blood off, but didn't want to return home like this. She got up shakily and made a run for the river, tears blinding her sight.

When she got to the river, she immediately flung herself in. A huge splash sounded as she was submerged into the calm river. Luckily, the current hadn't picked up tonight. She resurfaced with a huge gasp and she waded in the water for a moment before frantically rubbing at her arms that were stained with the blood of her dear friend, of her dear brother.

Decimius grabbed Marcus' hand just before he left and tried to mouth the word tablet at him weakly. He desperately hoped he would understand.

Tony ran after her, and his eyes widened at seeing her jump in. He jumped in after her, after shedding his shirt, knowing he would need that to warm them, and pulled her to his chest gently, "Its ok..." He said softly, gently rubbing her arms to remove the blood

"L-let go of me!" Valeria cried as she hit futilely against Tony's chest after he pulled her against his chest. She wasn't as strong as she seemed and she suddenly felt so angry. Angry at Marcus, Anastasia, Decimius, and now Tony. She would not go calmly into this night. Not without a fight.

Tony winced as she hit him, and flinched. He backed away, rubbing his aching chest. It always hurt to be touched there, let alone to be hit there, as old wounds from his abuse hadn't healed correctly, causing the constant pain each time the area was touched. He hoped she didn't comment on the multitude of scars over his chest, instead moving closer, "Calm down..." He said softly

Valeria just stared at him, shaking from either anger or the cool night. She didn't notice the touch of his scars underneath her hands as she hit him before. She just shook her head and laughed.

"I am calm..." She said incredulously, her lower lip quivering. She turned away and climbed out from the river, wringing the water from her ruined stolla. And the for the first time in years, did thoughts nor stories not run through her mind, leaving her very weary mind empty.

Tony climbed out after her, grabbing his shirt and abandoned coat, and gently wrapped it around Valerias shoulders, knowing she needed it more than he did. He sighed softly, "He'll be fine. You'll see." He replied quietly, rubbing his chest

Valeria wanted to shrug off his clothes, but didn't have the will and wrapped it around closer to her. "You do not understand what I have done..." She muttered miserably as she pressed his coat to her quivering lips, her hazel eyes darting from one side to the other as if she was reading a slab. Her feet shuffled to a tree and she slowly sat down, bringing her knees up to her chest.

Tony crouched in front of her, his hand over a large scar on his chest, "You haven't done anything. He chose to do this, you didn't make it happen" He stated calmly, really hoping she didn't hit him again

Valeria looked up into Tony's emerald eyes, and for just a second thought about how she hadn't noticed the brilliant shade of green he had. She shook her head and looked down. "No, I..." She took a breath. "... I've planned this story out, however, I let it get this way. It was supposed to be a love triangle between him, Marcus, and Anastasia, and Decimius was supposed to woo her with love letters on small clay slabs and his soft heart..." She let out a chuckle and looked to the side, a blush of embarrassment tingeing her cheeks. She was rambling and speaking mad. "Do not mind me. I'm just speaking nonsense..."

Tony let out a rare, soft smile, "That sounds perfect Valeria. And who knows, it could still be true. He can still write, and no one knows if Anastasia and Marcus will stay together. Anythings possible" He replied quietly, watching her

A small smile replaced her frown and she nodded. "I should not get my hopes up. Marcus is next in line for the throne and I don't think Anastasia will let that go, now that she has him wrapped around her finger, or should I say he has her...?" She let out a dry laugh, pursing her lips.

Looking back at Tony, she noticed he was smiling, something she rarely saw him do. "You should smile more often." Valeria got up and took a step to the side, looking up at the sky that was so dark. She had lost count of time and didn't know whether it was far or near to morning.

"I am so very tired. Walk me home, yes?" She asked, looking to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back