• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Escape

Robin couldn't help his relief when Johann decided not to pursue him. No, the man seemed focused on talking to his sister and that gave Robin a moment to breath. Lucy was already nodding at her brother. Saying. "I'll ask around. Hopefully he's still in the area. " It would be more difficult to track him if he had gone too far. But the twins were clever, Knew how to hunt. They'd find him eventually. Lucy tilted her head at the question. Before saying. "No, I think it might be best to leave things and simply keep a eye on the puppy's sister. Its likely she might try and meet up with Cain soon. " No doubt she'd try and get in contact with him after she saw the mess. She was likely the two's best bet at finding Cain. They just needed to watch from afar for now.

Then Johann was mentioning there mother and Lucy tensed. She wasn't eager to see the woman, But Johann was right. It was wise to keep her informed. So, Lucy then quietly joked. "Don't suppose we could just send her a letter?" Yeah, No. That wouldn't work. So Lucy nodded. Saying. "I... Alright, We should give her a report. " Though Lucy was already tensing.

Seeing Eve was something that always brought anxiety, Atleast for Lucy. Johann had always seemed far more calmer with such. It was something Lucy was very much aware of. And perhaps a bit jealous of. That lack of fear Johann always showed, It was simply another thing Lucy felt she lacked in. Perhaps she shouldn't let herself compare herself to Johann so much. But it was hard to do. She though attempted to push away such bitter thoughts. Instead glancing towards Robin. Asking. "Are you planning to tie him up? Or just lock him in? " They were on the second floor. So Lucy very much doubted Robin could escape by the window. And honestly, He seemed rather weak, Especially considering his inability to shift. But Johann might want to ensure Robin didn't escape again, Or maybe just give Robin some extra feelings of hopelessness?

Crow was bound to Contact Cain, even if they didn’t decide to mount a rescue attempt she would surely at least plan to discuss his capture with someone. She’d need a shoulder to cry on and if Cain had been a friend of their mother’s and the one they’d called last time? It made sense he would be that person. Frankly Johann didn’t much care about Crow, she could live or die, didn’t matter to him. She wasn’t much of a threat on her own although he imagined she’d be an annoyance. At the very least keeping her alive might break Robin a bit more, knowing someone was out there that could try but wouldn’t, couldn’t once they got rid of Cain. They could capture Crow he supposed but then Robin would have friend, a source of comfort and where was the fun in that?

Lucy’s words were telling and Johann arched an eyebrow at her. He knew of her distaste towards Eve, but she was too open with it, allowed herself to show fear and this allowed it to consume her. Johann on the other hand recognised their importance, which alucy had grasped earlier but only in her reasoning to escape. Johann was confident in what they did, couldn’t see them as easily replaceable, Eve may not always be impressed by them but she had raised them and as such she was at least partially responsible for their failures. They were a team at the end of the day even if Lucy didn’t see that, thought it was only her and Johann against the world.

Hs glanced at Robin, he couldn’t just let him wander around he might harm himself so Johann slipped out the room for a moment, trusting his sister to keep Robin from wandering off before he was back, items in hand. Robin was not going to be impressed. First things first, Johann dumped a large dog bed at the foot of his bed, likely more to tease than for practicality but that wasn’t really the main thing, no in his other hand was a chain and collar. Robin’s current collar was okay, kept him shifting but Johann didn’t want to put it against too much stress, to really see if it was stronger than a metal chain so no, he’d get to have two collars. Johann linked the chain to the end of his bed before going to approach Robin. “you Better behave, if I come back here and find my room a mess I’m going to have to reevaluate being so lenient with you“ Johann warned, going to put a firm hand on Robin’s chest to keep him down whilst he clipped the collar on. He was being quite nice really, leaving Robin essentially free roaming and with some creature comforts such as a bed to rest in and a tv if he really wanted it. Their other prisoners would be falling over themselves to be getting Themselves the same treatment as Robin!

Johann could likely sense Lucy's fear, Knew her well. But he didn't mention it, For which Lucy was grateful. No, Soon he was more focused on his new dog. Leaving the room and Lucy and Robin alone. Lucy spared a glance towards the young man. He was cowering on the bed. Still shaking and once more Lucy had that feeling this was wrong. That look on his face was so familiar. But in the end she simply chose to look away. Johann was returning soon anyway. And it seemed he had prepared a bit for his pets return. Even bought a dog bed! Though Robin wrinkled his nose at the sight.

The scarier thing was the chain and collar. Already Robin was trying to move away. Johann was giving him a warning, And Robin tensed. Beginning. "P-Please, Just let m- " But he was cut off with a small squeak when Johann pushed him back. Already attempting to squirm to escape. But then he was feeling the collar around his neck, The chain feeling heavy. There was going to be no way he'd be able to break that with his hands alone. Johann was warning not to make a mess. But it was hard to say if Robin would listen or not, He looked terrified. And he was still feeling weak from the earlier events. But... He'd still certainly try to escape.

Lucy by then glanced back towards them, With Johann hovering over Robin, The young man had shut his eyes tightly. Lucy then said softly. "Life will be a lot easier for you if you're a good dog. " She might have felt some sympathy for him, But that didn't mean she'd stop her brother. For she was soon turning and walking out the door. Leaving Johann and Robin alone for the moment. Sure Johann would follow her soon enough. Robin would need to get used to this life. Still, The young man finally began. "Please, Just let me go. I won't tell anyone about this, I-I'll do anything. " He tried.

Robin‘s struggles were almost cute but Johann and Lucy were clearly viewing him in a different light. Lucy actually seemed to feel sorry for the poor boy whereas the thought didn’t seem to have even crossed Johann’s mind in anything more than a mocking manner. She wouldn’t stand up against Johann to stop Robin’s Torture. Was she scared of Johann? In a similar way she was scared of Eve? Or was it simply a fight not worth having, no personal stake in it, an argument that would only cause discord. Perhaps Mari had been right though and Lucy was the weak link, Robin might be able to work that angle, play on her sympathy. If she was going to cut ties and break free, might as well take robin with her right? Except she had been the one to suggest they go get him, she was not innocent in his capture.

Lucy left the boys alone for the moment though, giving them some privacy. Johann chuckled as Robin begged. “I can get you to do anything anyway“ he promised the werewolf. “What would freeing you do? Besides, your sister will know what we’ve done so the cat’s already out of the bag” but that had been the idea in the first place. Johann moved his hand that had secured the collar to stroke Robin’s cheek tauntingly. “You’ll get used to this life” Johann reassured him although that was probably nightmare fuel. “juts be grateful it’s me that has you and not my mother” although maybe some people would prefer Eve, meant less overall attention whereas Johann had a lot more time to focus on his one pet. “I’m not so bad as long as I get what I want” He flashed Robin his fangs and gave his cheek a little pat before retreating. Its not like he wanted a lot from Robin really, he wasn’t asking for bright conversation or a husband or anything stupid, just a bit of blood and some use of his body, that wasn’t too hard. “Behave” Johann reminded him as he went to follow after Lucy, exiting his room.

”oh I’m going to enjoy punishing him when I get back” Johann commented to Lucy as he found her, arobin was bound to try something, it was in the nature of all new captures, when they still had hope and the resignation hadn’t quite set in. He’d try to escape, probably break something and that meant Johann got to tell him off. Now they just had to find their mother. Presumably she wouldn’t be in the cellar, she could be in her bedroom but Johann was guessing she was probably in the living room or the study, doing whatever a lady of leisure was meant to do. Johann took to the stairs and yes he could definitely hear voices but it wasn’t just their mothers, maybe she had guests over and then they wouldn’t have to speak to her long?

(I was thinking she could be meeting the girl and her parents about the planned pregnancy, you know putting it into motion. I’m not really sure what to make her like. Blonde is Johann’s usual type and I feel Eve would probably know that but I was thinking maybe more mousy or dark haired. I was wondering if maybe there should be a special reason she was picked? Pure blood but anything else?)

Last edited:
(Hmm... Well, I feel like she should have something a bit special. As Eve might have picked a vampire with a bit higher of a position otherwise. Maybe she's a distant descendant of some renowned ancient vampire? Or has some kinda unique look. Yellow or red eyes maybe? Or maybe she has some sort of magical ability? )

Robin couldn't help but shiver at Johann's words, He did not want to think about what Johann would want him to do. Just wanted to return home, See his sister and brother again. Except Hawk was gone and thus that was something he'd never experience again. Which one of these vampires had been the one to kill him? Johann claimed he'd get used to this life, Robin didn't want that to be the case. Hated the feeling of Johann's hand on his cheek. A soft whimper came from Robin, But eventually Johann was getting up to leave. And Robin was given a chance to properly breath. Though he stayed still until he heard the sound of the door closing. Opening his eyes, Tears were in them and he slowly sat up. The chain felt heavy on his neck, He was still feeling weak from being drained. But he had to move, He had to try and escape.

--

Lucy waited outside for her brother. But it did not take him too long before he stepped out. Rolling her eyes at his words, Before warning. "Just remember, Scars last. " He would be keeping Robin for a while it seemed, Probably wouldn't want him too scarred up. But Johann knew how to hurt without leaving too many lasting marks. It was hard not to feel some pity for the young man. But Lucy pushed such thoughts aside. Following after her brother as they set out to find there mother. Deciding to let him take the lead over such matters. Lucy did not want to do much talking.

Except it seemed Eve might be a bit busy. As they walked Lucy could hear voices. No doubt guests, Lucy was never really fond of Eve's guests. Often they had connections to the cult and that carried bad memories. Briefly Lucy considered suggesting they leave, Come back another time to update Eve on the hunt for Cain. But Cain decided to bite her tongue. No, Things would be quicker if they faced her now. She wouldn't be able to put her full attention on them. Thus, She continued to quietly follow her brother. Attempting to quiet the anxiety twisting in her chest.

(I was thinking something along those lines. I‘m happy to go with magical ability just gotta think what. Maybe she’s a bit of a charmer? Can tell people what to do? Or maybe can sort of conjure a forcefield? Johann likes to go on the offensive so it might be interesting to have someone with a defensive power.
To be honest I feel like this kid is going to end up being a daughter, I just really struggle to imagine Johann having a son.)

Oh Johann knew scars lasted hence why he’d carved his name into Robin in the first place but he got her point, best not to break his toy before he’d got a real chance to play with him. Time for more serious stuff though, Johann didn’t break his stride but did wonder who they had over, their voices too muffled for him to make out the conversation. Never mind. Johann was soon appearing in the doorway to the living room which caused the chat to peter out as Eve and her guest turned to look at them. Johann did recognise them, fairly frequently visitors to their estate given that they were members of their cult and all.

“Johann sweetie, do come in“ Eve insisted, patting the couch beside her. Johann arched an eyebrow at his mother’s invitation but didn’t decline, going to join her although no such offer was extended to Lucy. “You know the Hendricks of course“ Johann did although it felt odd seeing them in the day time, they looked a bit more boring in the light. Mr Hendricks was dark haired with beady blue eyes like a rat eyeing a tasty bit of fruit, Mrs Hendricks had mousy brown hair and a stubborn smile and of course there was their daughter, someone Johann was a bit more used to seeing outside a robe but not someone he’d ever really spoken to. Zara Hendricks had dark brown hair, was a bit plumper than her two parents giving her curves in many of the right places and possessed a curious set of violet eyes. Johann couldn’t help but feel they were all watching him for some reason. Don’t get him wrong, he was used to attention, didn’t exactly dislike it but this felt different, it always felt different when Eve was involved.

Eve patted her son’s knee before letting her hand rest there. “I was hoping you could keep the lovely Zara company for the day whilst I spoke to her parents” Eve suggested in the way that wasn’t a suggestion at all and Johann gave the girl a sidelong glance before his gaze switched to Lucy. Huh. ”we actually came to speak to You about the girls” Johann said which earned a tight squeeze of his knee and a stern look from Eve. “I’m sure you have it handled, I know you wouldn’t let me down” Eve insisted with a honeyed smile. “But if you must, take her hunting with you,“ Eve said. “although I’m sure there’s more than one way for you kids to have fun” Eve wanted Rid of them it seemed which wasn’t too bad, although Johann wasn’t too sure about adding an interloper to their day, Zara herself didn’t look thrilled but she simply pulled her jacket a bit tighter around her when Johann glanced her way. Maybe it was better to let Lucy take the lead with her.

(A forcefield would be cool! It would be interesting to see her and Johann fighting together.
Also yeah, I agree with the idea of Johann having girls. Seems like it would fit him. Lucy's gonna adore any daughters he has. I dunno if Lucy would ever have kids. I imagine if she did it would very much be a oops sort of thing. Or she felt pressured to have them. )

It was not taking long before they were reaching the source of the chattering. Though it died down rather quickly when they entered- Or well, When Johann entered. Even Lucy could tell there were eyes on him. Though perhaps she was a bit relieved by it. It ment no one paid much attention to her. Something Lucy was just fine with, Though she did take note of those in the room. They were not unfamiliar visitors, Lucy had seen them during plenty of rituals. It seemed Eve intended for them to get rather friendly, As she was offering for Zara to go on a little playdate it seemed. Lucy tried not to frown as she met her brothers eyes. Before her gaze was moving to Zara.

Had anyone other then Eve suggested it, Lucy might have been thrilled. Perhaps dark hair wasn't Johann's cup of tea, But Lucy thought the young woman was rather beautiful. Eve's involvement had a way of souring such thoughts though. Alas, They'd just have to make the best of a bad situation. Eve soon seemed to tire of there presence. Was encouraging them to go off. Which well... Atleast they didn't have to spend long lingering around. Lucy herself felt a bit awkward hovering near the door.

Lucy then spoke up, Saying. "Me and Johann can certainly keep her company. Perhaps we can go to town together for a bit? " Getting away from the house was always nice, If they had to spend the day with Zara... Well, Lucy would prefer to do it away from thoughts of the cult. Except she'd be a fairly big reminder.

(I can sort of see her and Johann getting into an argument and her just putting up a forcefield to annoy him.
Yeah I can imagine Lucy doesn’t want to bring kids into this mess but Johann doesn’t really have a choice. He’s much more suited to an uncle role though, ignoring of course his misdeeds with Alicia in the other timeline, where he doesn’t have as much responsibility. I think Lucy would be cute with children though but probably a lot further down the line if she didn’t have some accidentally. Eve wants the next generation, more people to control so I can see her trying to set Lucy up to get pregnant as well but that might be a bit harder)

Lucy was eager to leave, Johann could see that and he glanced at his sister again whilst Zara’s eyes flickered to her parents for approval, or maybe help. “Go dear, have fun” Zara’s mother insisted with a pushy smile and Zara nodded, climbing to her feet to go and join Lucy. Johann couldnt help but feel he was missing Something but Eve didn’t give him any time to question it as she was soon urging him to go with a push on his back. Alright, he guessed it was them three for the day then. Except….”also make sure to shower darling before you go, the smell of werewolf is just clinging to you” Eve said. Oh yeah….that would make sense. Johann had actually already sort of gotten used to it and he guess his room was probably going to start smelling like it. He’d need to get the servants to put some air fresheners in there or something, make sure they washed Robin regularly to try and get rid of that doggy smell.

”that was weird” he muttered to Lucy as he exited the living room and let his eyes sweep back to Zara curiously. Why were they saddled with her? She didn’t exactly look like she wanted to be here, she hid half behind a curtain of hair and had her arms crossed defensively over herself. At least she didn't stick out like a total sore thumb, she wore all black: a skater dress peppered with small white blotches, a black jacket and a pair of black lace up combat boots. She wasn’t exactly the usual vampire elegance Johann was used to but more casual then again he guessed not every day could be ball gowns and silk dresses.

“why don’t you girls have a chat whilst I get cleaned up” he suggested. Johann did not often talk to the other member’s children although Zara seemed a similar age to them, he didn’t find them particularly interesting, not that he’d actually bothered to stick around to find out if that was true actually. He didn’t imagine Lucy knew them much better themselves, she didn’t like to stick around after rituals. “I’m sure you probably have loads to talk about: dresses, boys…..other girl things” he shrugged, Lucy would find something he was sure although she might not be happy he was abandoning her so soon But he probably wouldn’t be gone too long, not that he was overly eager to get back to them. Zara seemed a bit meek, looking at him with big eyes Which she soon switched to Lucy, not really sure what to say, she wasn’t sure they had anything in common besides their parents. The twins had always come across as a bit unapproachable to her.

(lmao, Yes! Her force fielding Johann out would be awesome.
I think Lucy would be a good mom as well, And I imagine Johann would probably be a lot more involved in her children's lives then his own. I could def imagine Eve though trying to arrange something with another cult member, Tho I think that would be enough to give Lucy enough of a push to try and leave. She would not stick around for that. )

The three were soon being dismissed. Not before Eve was pointing out Johann's new... Scent. Yeah, Johann might struggle to keep the smell of werewolf off him. Such tended to cling to everything. Hopefully a shower would help. The small group was then finally leaving the room, And Lucy was eager to go. Walking out, Her gaze flickering towards her brother when he spoke. He was right, It was weird. Lucy wasn't sure she wanted to know what her mother was planning. Because whatever it was, It couldn't be good. Johann couldn't linger long. He probably should go get cleaned up, Would he go to his room to do such? Lucy had to wonder if Robin would have caused a mess by now. But she soon pushed such thoughts aside.

She nearly rolled her eyes at Johann as he encouraged Zara and Lucy to interact. Lucy though just waved her hand dismissively. "Uh huh, Just hurry up and take a shower. " Her attention then moved towards Zara and well... There was certainly a awkwardness in the air. Even Zara seemed uncertain and Lucy had to wonder if she knew what was going on with her parents and Eve. But Lucy figured that might be best to ask about later.

Instead, Lucy then said. "Its close to lunch time, I figure we can go to town and get something to eat. " Though Johann might not be that hungry, Considering he'd recently fed off of Robin. Eh, That was his problem. Lucy then asked. "Are you okay with Thai food? Theres a great little place in town. If you're not so keen on that, Well- I'm sure we can find something else. " Lucy figured going and getting some food would be a decent way to pass the time. Who didn't like food?

(He’s going to be so annoyed by it!
oh I can definitely see him spending more time with her kids than his own but yeah I don’t imagine she’d want an arranged marriage and especially not anyone Eve picks. Johann probably won’t Understand all the fuss but since he’ll be tricked into having a kid he’d probably go with her.)

Johann did not want to go back to his room so quickly, because he’d get distracted and he’d already played today, might as well give his new pet some time to settle in Before he disturbed him again. Aww, how sweet of Johann. He shouldn’t be too long though. Didn’t mean things would be less awkward though. What did Zara really have in common with them except the bits they didn’t want to talk about? Did she enjoy the cult? Or was she just plodding along like them?

Zara seemed a bit surprised when Lucy actually spoke to her As if she’d been expecting them to stand in awkward silence until Johann got back. “Whatever you want, thats fine with me” Zara mumbled with a nod. It was probably easy to tell that Zara was of slightly lower status but even so…she Didn’t seem the most confident in their presence. She twisted her fingers together, glancing around the house. Lucy seemed….like she was trying at least. “So…Uh…” Zara really wasn’t sure what to say, where did she start? She didn’t knee what common ground they held and from what she knew about the twins she didn’t exactly want to get on their bad side.

”are you really twins?” She asked, wondering if that was a stupid question. “It’s just…uh…you don’t look that alike” she pointed out. Lucy’s blonde locks were rather a shocking difference to Johann’s raven hair. “I’ve never really met twins before” she admitted, fingers still twisting together. “People always say that twins have special powers, that’s …uh.. that’s not true is it?” She asked. Could they read each other’s minds or something? “I’m an only child but I always wanted a sibling. Is it nice having a brother?” Lucy’s answer may be different considering that Johann was her brother but they were quite close even if their circumstances were unusual. At least Zara also understood unusual circumstances.

(Lol, Johann thinking Lucy's being too fussy over the matter. Then he ends up having a kid and just being like. "hmm... You know, Maybe ya got a point. " )

Zara seemed rather uncomfortable. Which Lucy supposed she could not blame. But Zara seemed atleast a bit willing to make conversation. Soon questioning Lucy, Who looked a bit amused at the question. Lucy then said. "Indeed we are, Don't worry, I know I'm far prettier then Johann. " She said teasingly. But she knew what Zara actually meant. Lucy and Johann did not look that much alike, Besides having similiar eyes. But Lucy didn't think she looked much like any of the family. Sure, She knew they had some distant relatives she somewhat resembled, But her mom, Dad and brother? No... A part of her wished she was more similar. Maybe it would make her feel like she fit in better, Perhaps she could dye her hair? Except that would just be covering things up. It would not truly change things.

Lucy brushed such thoughts from her mind. Instead focusing on Zara's question, A touch surprised by it and a small giggle came from her. But it was not meant meanly. Only amused. Lucy then explained. "No, No, Perhaps if we were identical? I'm afraid the only power I have is being able to share embarrassing stories about Johann when he was young. " He likely had just as many about her. So that was maybe a fight she didn't want to start. Lucy then confessed. "But... Its good having a sibling. I know I can depend on him. I couldn't imagine not having him around." Despite all of Lucy's self doubts. She knew in the end she could trust Johann. Her and him were a team.

Lucy then thought for a moment before suggesting. "I imagine Johann might take a bit of time to get ready. " Werewolf could be a smell that was a bit difficult to get out sometimes. So Lucy then continued. "We can wait in my room if you'd like? " It would provide a place to sit atleast. And if the conversation got a bit too awkward they could simply turn on the tv. Zara might not be comfortable with that though. Something Lucy was soon realizing and thus offered. "Or I could show you somewhere else in the house? The garden in the backyard has some really beautiful flowers this time of year. "

Zara’s eyes widened slightly at the joke as if she didn’t know how to take it. Tough crowd. Lucy and Johann shared no powers which was disappointing but what she’d expected. As for the embarrassing stories? Zara wasn’t sure she’d like someone to have that sort of information about her, she preferred to be a bit private she guessed. Lucy was... a lot more welcoming and open than she’d first assume though and was soon offering to take her somewhere whilst they waited. “Your room is fine” she said. “I’m not sure I’ve really seen much besides the living room and the hallway“ she admitted, and obviously the cellar but that didn’t count and it was normally quite dark anyway. Most of times she was here though it was because of the rituals and then they didn’t wander very far afterwards, she’d always gotten the impression that Eve didn’t want any unruly children wandering about touching her things so they mainly congregated in the living room.

”you and Johann arent often there though” she commented. “You know…after things” The absence was fairly notable given Eve’s position and their frequent hand in ceremonies. “I thought….maybe….you didn’t like us“ Zara ventured carefully. Maybe the twins found them boring? Maybe they were, Zara wasn’t really sure, it was always awkward to tall afterwards especially after some of the things they made them do, sometimes to each other, but shouldn’t there be some sort of comradery?

Zara seemed surprised by Lucy joking, And well, The moment was a bit awkward. But Lucy was trying to keep things friendly. Zara seemed open to waiting in Lucy's room, Which caused Lucy to relax slightly. Motioning for her to follow as she began leading the way threw the halls. Glancing back at Zara as she walked. "Perhaps later I could give you a tour of the house? It is rather big. " The girl seemed a bit curious to see the place. Of course, There would be some rooms Lucy would avoid taking Zara too. But she could show her around some of the place. Zara was soon speaking about her and Johann and such had Lucy raising a eyebrow.

It was a uncomfortable topic. Lucy was quiet for a moment before saying. "I cannot speak for my brother, But I've no ill will towards any of you guys. " She might not interact with them much. But she had a feeling many of the younger members would have preferred to not be involved in the ritual. Most had little choice. Being near them was simply a reminder. So Lucy then said easily enough. "Me and Johann normally just have other things to do. So we normally can't stick around. " Yeah, Lucy did not think it best to mention her own anxieties.

They were then reaching Lucy's room and she pushed open the door. Leading the way in, And well.. Zara might be surprised by how... Normal the place looked. No blood lined the walls, Nor evidence of the cult the family worshiped. If anything Lucy preferred to decorate things in a more cheerful way. Heck, There was even a few old plushies on her bed. Her mother rarely paid attention to the bedroom afterall and Lucy would prefer things to be peaceful where she slept. Of course, If one was to look underneath things, They might find a weapon or two hidden. In case of a emergency, But other then that? The room was fairly nice. Lucy then told Zara. "You're welcome to turn on the tv and watch anything you'd like. Make yourself at home. " Lucy urged.

“That’s be nice” Zara said as Lucy offered To show her around later. Lucy didn’t seem to hate them at least, didn’t mean She liked them just that she bore them no ill Will, still better than nothing. Johann on the other hand was unaccounted for it terms of opinion but Zara figured he might be worse to ask than his sister. She followed Lucy to her room, nodding at the explanation. She didn’t know tons of what the twins got up to but she’d heard stories about the kinds of things they’d done, that you didn’t want to get on the bad side of the family. Still, she felt her own family were probably too close for comfort.

”oh, you’re room’s nice” Zara murmured, stepping and looking around, she let her fingers trails along the bedspread curiously. She wasn’t really sure what she’d been expecting but she hadn’t really expected to be allowed in it. “So are your clothes” she added with a glance at Lucy, she did think the other girl dressed nicely. “You’re very pretty you know” she added although she was sure that Lucy did know. “A lot of the guys quite like you” There weren’t tons of younger members to the cult but enough to make a bit of a fuss of Lucy, pretty and with status and money, what more could you want? “and a lot of the girls like Johann” she added which was also true for similar reasons. Some seemed to like the …mystery of not knowing them, the way they were always too busy or unwilling to hang out, even if it was also a bit rude.

It was quite odd really how they could fawn over one of them, how girls for example could have a crush on Johann as if he were some unobtainable being when they’d a few hours before been forced into intimate rituals with him but she guessed there was a difference between Having a choice and being force, between the fleeting and the official. They weren’t being courted, they were being used. That part of their lives, down in the cellar, was completely separate. “I’m sure you’re both probably seeing someone though, or got your eye on someone, I mean you can have practically anyone” Zara shrugged going to sit down on the edge of the bed, she’d heard a few rumours about them and the royal family although she wasn’t sure how true they were, again she never really got to speak to them. “I’ve actually never had a boyfriend” she admitted, not sure why she was confessing that to Lucy but she’d already warmed up to her considerably, she seemed quite nice really.

Zara seemed to be a bit on the shy side, But the girl was talking a bit more. Her words mostly compliments that could very well by her trying to stay on Lucy's good side. Something Lucy was very aware of, But she still found her cheeks turning a bit red when called pretty. Musing. "Thats very sweet, You're rather pretty yourself. " Lucy supposed it was not to odd to think that a couple of the other cultists children fancied her and Johann. Lucy herself had rarely felt the same towards them. Most men had rarely caught her interest, Besides. After the things they had done? It left a bad taste in Lucy's mouth many days. She knew her brother did not tend to be as affected by such matters. Perhaps might take a shine to someone in the cult one day. Though she doubted he was much interested in dating. Likely just would want some more casual fun.

Lucy raised her eyebrow a bit at Zara's words. Before moving to sit down beside her. Saying. "Actually, Currently no. Atleast for me. As for Johann? I think he's a bit too wild to settle with one person at the moment. " Maybe eventually he'd slow down. But right now? Lucy could not imagine it. Zara seemed open to talking. Confessing she hadn't dated and Lucy tilted her head. Before shrugging and saying. "Its not a rush, I've dated a decent bit. Nothing ever for long. " Lucy had of course gone out with plenty. But they never lasted. Lucy supposed no real spark was there.

Lucy then confessed. "Men aren't normally my cup of tea. " Seemed they both were confessing things. But Lucy didn't really try to hide that about herself. She was far more attracted towards ladies then men. Though she was sure Eve would prefer her to marry a man one day. Probably wanted heirs after all. Especially if Lucy could catch the interest of a prince or something. But Lucy wasn't that keen on that future.

Zara seemed shocked at being called pretty herself, blushing slightly and trying to hide behind her hair. Lucy was probably just trying to be nice. But she was Eve sitting next to her which was friendly of her. She really would have thought that Lucy was seeing someone but she guessed not and Johann? He was probably seeing a lot of someones. Johann certainly did take a shine to certain people, such as Robin, even if that was a slightly different example but often he could get what, or who, he wanted. He could be possessive though but did that extend to Lucy? He’d offered to share Robin with her a bit.

Zara couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow as Lucy admitted it wasn’t men that really caught her eye. Huh, she’d always pictured Lucy as hanging off a man’s arm or just trying to seduce men she guessed but that was likely due to Eve. Lucky Eve though, she had two children willing to seduce both men and women so could easily suit a target’s needs. “You don’t want to settle down one day and have kids?” She asked curiously. “That’s what my parents want for me, the higher up the better and the sooner the better” Who didn’t want to use their kids to improve their own standing?

”im not really sure how I feel about it” she admitted. “They didn’t have me this young, I mean practically no vampires have kids this young!” She pointed out. “That’s a long time to be a mother you know, especially when you’ve not been much of anything else.” If she had kids now then at The end of her days then only about 5% of her life probably would’ve been her not being a mother! “I’m not even sure I like children” she confessed, “I’d try and love my own child but what if I don’t have the knack for it? And the thought of giving birth makes me queasy,” A whole person coming out of you? Seemed like a lot. “But my parents have decided that’s what life has in store for me” Zara did not seem very in control of her own life, similar in a way to the twins.

The way Zara tried to hide her face Lucy found a bit cute. Though she decided to keep such thoughts to herself. Pausing at Zara's question, Well... That hadn't been a question she had been expecting. She then shrugged. "I, Perhaps. But its not something I'd want anytime soon. " Maybe a loving partner would be nice. But Lucy could not imagine having children. Not when she was apart of that cult. She had no intentions of bringing someone else into that life. But, Zara was soon explaining her parents wishes. It was something that had her tilting her head.

Lucy listened to her explain. Seemed her family wanted to set her up. Would no doubt be expecting grandkids and it was doubtful Zara would get any say in the matter. It was not a simple thing to escape. Lucy knew that struggle very well. Had her own issues trying to escape her own parents grasp. Thus, She was sympathetic towards Zara. She then after a moment said. "I... Its difficult to escape the fates our parents have planned. A marriage you likely won't be able to avoid, But... Having children? That could perhaps be delayed for a bit." Perhaps such could be a dangerous suggestion. So Lucy decided to be a bit more careful with her words.

Lucy then continued. "While I cannot suggest you do anything. In the cabinet in my bathroom I would suppose I keep birth control, But who counts pills in those bottles? And if some one were to use my restroom after say, Our regular rituals. They'd have easy access to them. " Lucy was willing to provide Zara some help. Though Lucy would leave the choice to take it up to her. She might not be so eager to go against her parents. Besides, Such would only provide a solution for so long. Eventually the family would likely figure things out. But it could be months before they realized. It would atleast give Zara time to try and think up something else.

Lucy was open to the idea of eventual marriage but they were all still young, no need to rush and best to get herself into a better position first where she had more control over her own life. Zara wished she had the same conviction but her parents…. She didn’t see herself having a choice in the matter. Lucy was telling her to pick her battles, she could have a husband but try to delay Children, lots of people had trouble conceiving after all, it wasn’t implausible but it wasn’t what her parents wanted and she didn’t put it past them to have fertility tested first so they could be more confident in them practically selling her off.

Zara was getting quite a lot of surprises today, her eyes widening at Lucy’s suggestion. It was really sweet of her to offer that sort of solution but it was scary. What would her parents do if they found out? It wouldn’t be a forever solution but it would delay things. “You’re really cool” Zara breathed, eyes twinkling a little as she looked at Lucy in appreciation. “I….thank you“ she said “I might take you up on that” she wasn’t sure if she wanted to, if she could, disobey her parents like that but to have the option open made her feel better, “if you keep being that nice you’ll end up as my baby’s godmother” she joked with a small smile.

”baby?” Said a voice from the door. It seemed Johann was back, his hair still slightly damp but smelling a lot less like werewolf and instead freshly cologned. “Who‘s pregnant? It better not be mine” Johann commented, not that any baby Lucy had could be his, she was never willing for that sort of fun with him. Zara had jumped slightly at his voice and was now blushing at the interruption, going a bit quieter, it was easier talking when there was just one of them but both? And she barely knew them really, it had made her clam up a little.

Lucy found Zara's words amusing. The little starry eyed look she gave her was sweet. Lucy hoped her offer would atleast give the girl some relief. A small laugh came from Lucy at Zara's reply. About to make her own comment when she heard the voice of her brother. She was soon rolling her eyes as he spoke. Saying. "Johann, I don't think anyone wants you to have a kid. " Her brother could be a bit... Irresponsible after all. Yeah, Him being a father would perhaps be best avoided. Lucy then waved her hand. Informing him. "No ones pregnant. We were just talking. " She then was standing up and approaching him.

It could be difficult to get out the smell of werewolf. But Johann had done a decent job. Still, She could detect some of the scent lingering. Lucy though brushed such thoughts from her mind. Instead asking. "We're planning to go get something to eat. I hope you still have a appetite? " It had not been that long ago since he had fed off of Robin. But he could still keep them company if nothing else. Lucy though paused. Glancing back at Zara and saying. "Oh- By the way, During the drive, Johann's car smells a bit of wet dog. Apologies about that. " Robin had been in the backseat after all and they hadn't exactly had a chance to clean it.

Lucy then thought for a moment. Her mother wanted them to keep Zara company, But Lucy wasn't sure for how long. Though Lucy assumed such would be for a while. So she then asked. "Is there anywhere you might want to visit while we're in town? We could go shopping after we eat or maybe see a movie? " A movie might be a safe bet, Zara seemed shy. It would give her the option to avoid talking should she wish. Though shopping might also be nice.

“Hey, I could make a cute kid” he grumbled, not that he wanted a child but he had good genes, someone could want a kid with him! At least no one was actually pregnant though and the sentence had him actually looking at Zara who was now hiding behind her hair again. Johann nodded at the suggestion of something to eat, torturing and playing with Robin really took it out of a guy! He rolled his eyes at Lucy’s complaining about his car but she wasn’t wrong, maybe she’d be nice and let Zara sit in the front? Maybe not, meant she’d have to sit in the strongest smelling part of the car.

Zara considered the question. “Shopping would be nice” she admitted after a little while, voice quiet. “You’ve got good taste” she even smiled at Lucy, maybe she’d be able to help her pick out something nice. Johann rolled his eyes again “you’re playing into a stereotype of women” he muttered but didn’t argue. “Cmon, let’s get out of here“ he insisted, there was no point hanging around here, Eve had seemed to want to get rid of them.

”what do you reckon our parents are talking about?” Johann asked the girls as he led the way to the car. Zara pressed her lips together, seeming reluctant to answer. “Nothing good” She said quietly. It was never anything good, probably something to do with the cult. Johann gave her a curious look before raising an eyebrow at Lucy. “mysterious” Johann mused. It must be fairly important to be talking about it in thr middle of the day rather than after one of their meetings.

Yeah, Johann's ability to make a cute kid was not the part that concerned Lucy. No, She was more worried about his ability to care for a child. Knowing him he'd probably forget the kids name or something like that! But Lucy was soon more focused on Zara. Smiling at the others words. It would be nice going out shopping. Johann comment though? That caused Lucy to go and gently shove him. Her eyes rolling. Well, It seemed Johann was in the mood to be a bit of a brat! Luckily he didn't argue further. Instead was urging them out and Lucy set out after them.

The topic soon became more tense. What was being discussed was perhaps a bit worrisome. It seemed Eve had not wanted them to listen in judging by how she'd sent them off. Lucy's gaze then moved to Zara. It was hard to say if the girl knew anything more then them. It was entirely likely there parents were keeping her out of the loop as well. But they could all assume it was not something they'd like. Lucy then murmured. "I'm sure we'll find out eventually. Hopefully its nothing to bad, I fear I might start developing grey hairs at this rate. " She was maybe a bit too young to worry about that. But... The twins lives were stressful. She doubted they'd become easier anytime soon.

Soon enough the little group was reaching Johann's car. And Lucy paused for a moment to inspect the backseat. Which well... There was a bit of blood back there. Robin's neck had been bleeding a bit after all. So, Lucy tsked. Before looking to Johann. Smiling at him sweetly. "Don't suppose I can talk you into letting me drive? That way me and Zara can take the front seats? " Johann might not be so eager to let Lucy drive though.

“I’ll let you know if I seen any” Johann told Lucy conceding her grey hairs. He was a little less worried about their parents as a whole if not entirely happy with being kept out of the loop. Eve didn’t want them to listen which meant it very well could involve them but hey maybe it'd be a surprise party or something? Not all secrets had to be bad. I mean this one probably was given who their mother was talking to but….maybe not?

Apparently Johann’s car wasn’t up to Lucy’s high standards, sure it was a little bloody and smelt like dog but it was luxury! she couldn’t have everything. “You’re so fussy” he muttered pulling his keys out of his pocket and handing them to Lucy. “You owe me” he warned before climbing in the back which wasn’t really something he did unless he had a friend he was getting busy with. Again another wonderful reason not to sit in the back. Zara took a seat in the front then since Lucy was driving and hopefully not crashing the car!

”did you get into a fight with a werewolf recently?” Zara asked, curious as to why the smell was everywhere. Johann flashed her a grin “he didn’t really put up much of a fight” Johann countered. “I could‘ve shown you my new pet if you’d wanted“ he told Zara although she might not really be eager to see a werewolf or to see what Johann had done to Robin. “I’m sure you’ll get a chance another time though” maybe when Lucy was giving her a tour. Would she be horrified by the fear Johann had put into poor Robin? Werewolves were their enemies but keeping one prisoner was a bit unnecessary and rather cruel.

Johann luckily did not argue and was passing Lucy the keys. Causing her to grin at him. "Thank you Johann. " Moving to take her seat behind the wheel. It wasn't often she drove Johann's car. It was a bit of a nice change honestly. She then soon enough was setting out. Zara of course had questions though. She could smell werewolf. So was no doubt puzzled. Johann was soon talking about his new pet. And it caused Lucy to tsk. "You know he's going to trash your room, Right? " No doubt the lad was struggling to escape. But those collars had kept contained far worse creatures then him. He was also weak from the previous events of the day. Thus his chances of escape were low.

Lucy still was feeling conflicted about Robin. Guilt could be such a annoying feeling. Though she tried to push such things down. Instead saying. "I didn't know werewolves fur could be so soft. Though I suppose I hadn't had a chance to pet one in there animal form before. " Normally when they encountered a werewolf it was them forced to fight it. She hardly stopped to appreciate the creatures pelt. Though Lucy didn't spend a lot of time petting any animal. Having a pet seemed like a nice idea. Perhaps if she ever escaped her parents home?

Escaping seemed like such a far away dream. Johann seemed atleast willing to consider the idea. Which made it feel far more real. Maybe it was okay to hope for a better future? So Lucy then said. "I think I'd like to have a pet oneday. I always thought pot bellied pigs were cute. They're so pudgy. " She mused. Sure dogs and cats were cute too. But Lucy had always thought that pigs were adorable. She wasn't sure if anyone else in the car would agree.

Johann scowled at the implication his room would be a mess but they both knew she was right. Robin was probably going mental. Johann was sort of hoping he’d just curl up and go to sleep but he probably needed to get some frustration out so Johann expected to return to little left standing. Hopefully Robin didn’t hurt himself though, he was weak enough as it was already. Johann might have to shorten the chain or something when he slept, just so he could get a good night’s sleep without Robin trying to strangle him or something not that he thought the boy would be capable of succeeding. Zara was frowning at the whole conversation, Johann was keeping a werewolf in his room? Why, that seemed like a bad and unappealing idea.

Lucy said they were soft but so were dogs, Zara didn’t think she’d want to stroke a werewolf. A pig was a bit of better option but Zara still couldn’t help herself but laugh, a tinkling little sound. “A pig? They’re massive” she pointed out to Lucy with a smile, not that they weren’t cute but they were big pets go have. Johann arched an eyebrow at Lucy in the rear view mirror. “Would you really look after a pig?” He asked her, Lucy was the more caring out of the two but that was a low bar to top so don’t mean much. Would she grow bored after a little while? Johann would not be looking after her pig if she gave up.

”we’ve got a golden retriever” Zara told Lucy. “It’s nice having a pet, I'm not sure about pigs but dogs really love you, they’re good companions” Maybe Lucy should start out with a more conventional pet? But Johann had the doggy side covered. “If you get a pig I’d love to come and see it” Zara said with a smile. “I’ve only ever seen them on farms” which weren’t places she visited a lot. “They do always look quite happy, snuffling away or just sleeping, I bet they’re good cuddlers”

Zara seemed amused by Lucy's hope of one day having a pig. Such causing a grin to form on her face. Her brother did not sound so confident in her ability to care for such. Though Lucy soon pointed out. "Yes, I imagine such would be far from the hardest thing I've had to do. " No, A pig would atleast give her companionship in return. She'd like something soft to pet and care for. Zara seemed to have more experience then the rest of them when it came to pets. Having her own dog. Perhaps that was a decent option for Lucy to consider. A dog would be nice. Maybe she could even get a puppy?

Lucy then mused. "Only if you let me see your dog. " She mused playfully. Such seemed a fair trade. She got to pet a doggy, And Zara could pet her pig! Lucy then was focusing ahead, As she soon was pulling the car into a parking lot and bringing it to a stop. Seemed they had arrived at the restaurant. It had not been far, One of the reasons Lucy had suggested it. Lucy then was stepping out of the car.

Lucy then found herself saying. "But you know, I think I prefer dogs over cats. " Cats often seemed rather cruel, Somewhat reminded her of a few vampires she knew! While dogs just always seemed far more... Friendly and happy. Sure not all were like that. But many were and it was nice. If she ever escaped her mother, Maybe having something like that would be good for her. That kind of unconditional love seemed nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back