• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Escape

“Deal” Zara agreed with her grin, she was sure it wouldn’t be too much trouble for Lucy to meet her dog. Whether Lucy would actually end up with A pig though…. Johann didn’t seem overly keen and for the time being Lucy didn’t appear to want to separate from her brother. He did have his own pet though so he guessed Lucy was entitled to one too. Maybe it’d be better for her to get something which lived longer though, like a tortoise? Maybe not the best at hugs though and harder to tell if it loved you whereas with a dog it was far more transparent.

Johann and Zara climbed out of the car once they'd reached the destination. Johann wasn’t surprised by Lucy saying she preferred dogs over cats, she wanted something which needed her, which she could cling to just as much as it clung to her. It went to show her weakness but Johann kept that to themselves as they walked to the restaurant. “I think both are sweet but dogs require more exercise, but that’s okay, gets me out of the house” Zara murmured. Maybe Lucy should ask for a dog whilst they were still at home then? Would give her an excuse to go out at times and get away from their mother.

”you spend a lot of time with your parents then?” Johann asked Zara, both the twins knew that could be…. A lot. Zara’s parents might not be as intense as Eve but they were still part of the cult so that spoke to some of their personality. Zara hesitated, having jumped a bit at being properly addressed by Johann. “Quite a bit” she admitted. “But I like to go into town and uh….spend time with the humans” she admitted, blushing slightly. “There’s a book club I’m part of and uh, also a knitting circle” he blush darkened as she told them that. “Sometimes we go out for karaoke“ she added quietly. Maybe it was bit weird that she hung out with humans, although vampires could hide easily enough among them but a lot of vampires, particularly purebloods, carried disdain for humans. Johann gave Her an appraising Look as if he was trying to see how he should take that and try to figure her out.

Zara seemed to like animals, Something Lucy could relate with. But... That wasn't the only thing she could relate with. Johann's question seemed to have surprised Zara. But the woman was honest with her answer. She seemed fond of mingling with humans. How... Odd. Of course Lucy had fooled around with humans before. But she hadn't really spent much time with them. Many vampires deemed humans as below them, And while Lucy wasn't so sure about that. She knew considering her family it would be best to keep her distance. So, Lucy then asked. "Does it not make you nervous? Considering there life spans? " Zara would easily outlive her friends. But it wasn't just that. Lucy imagined eventually humans would notice her lack of aging. She likely would have to separate herself from them before they even died of old age! They'd only buy her looking good for her age for so long!

The small group was soon enough entering the restaurant and Lucy soon was heading towards a table. Sitting down before she mused. "Maybe it would be good for me and you Johann to find something similar. Get us out of the house. " Yeah, Johann probably would not jump at that offer. He could be a bit lazy at times. besides, She didn't think a book club would be much his style. But... Maybe it would be a nice distraction from home. Maybe not with humans though. Lucy figured Johann would eat any human friends they made.

Lucy then said. "I mean, I enjoy the clubs we tend to go to. But it would be nice to mix it up. " That was the normal getaway. Going to a club or party. Getting drunk, Sleeping with someone. Lucy somewhat liked the idea of something... Mundane. She might not be keen on reading. But a book club seemed peaceful in a way. Maybe it would be a good way to feel normal for a while?

Zara sighed gently as Lucy asked about keeping a cover with the humans. “A bit” she admitted. “I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I thought maybe I could make myself look older. I could go to another town I guess but I’d miss them“ Sure vampires outlived humans but humans still lived quite long lives compared to other creatures, she could still have a long friendship with them if she played her cards right. “I even thought about telling them I’m a vampire“ she said quietly. She knew that was dangerous and they would doubt her and be scared but maybe she could make it work? Johann shot her a disapproving look though, humans were their prey but they far outnumbered vampires and they could be dangerous when scared, as much as they were stupid. They didn’t need a Lot of people knowing the truth.

And Lucy was suggesting they mingle with outsiders themselves. What had gotten into her recently! She’d said she’d wanted to leave and he understood her reasoning but he also thought that might blow over after a little while, maybe once they’d moved out she’d realise that it wasn’t great to be complete out of the fold. “Mix it up how?” Johann muttered as they took their seats. “I am not joining s knitting circle” he warned snd Zara couldn’t help but snort a little at the thought of Johann doing such a thing. It didn’t seem like the hobby for him.

”how about martial arts?” Zara suggested although she was sure Johann knew how to fight, so soothing like that might be up his street. “you could volunteer as a dog Walker?” Zara said to Lucy, give her some dogs to hug and a bit of normal life. “Can’t you see yourselves in a more mundane life?” She asked, “settled down and with kids?” She knew she’d spoken to Lucy about this a bit earlier but did they plan tk be attack dogs forever? Always on the edge of their seats and full of adrenaline, wouldn’t it just be nice to have lazy Sundays and worry about normal things like how their kids were doing in school? Johann was giving her a funny look though.

”mundane is boring” he told her unequivocally. “and I don’t care for kids” he wasn’t going to say it was out of his future, he imagined that their parents wanted to have grandchildren at some stage but it wasn’t something he necessarily wanted and certainly not anytime soon. Kids seemed like a drag. “I mean I wouldn’t mind a wife or two, maybe a husband as well” he said with A shrug. “But i would Never limit Myself to one person” Even if he got married he was sure he’d still play the field. Maybe it would be nice to have someone to come home to, someone devoted to him but at the moment his pet would do. “I’d rather have a more exciting life than some white picket fence cr*p” he dismissed, he couldn’t speak for Lucy but he’d like to think his sister had higher aspirations than that, and if she didn’t? They’d need to talk again.

Last edited:
Telling people what they were was a dangerous thing. Zara would have to be careful and Lucy couldn't help but frown. She guessed she could understand the desire. Zara no doubt didn't want to hide herself. Not to people she was friends with. Johann also seemed to disapprove. But that wasn't the only thing he seemed to dislike. Yeah, Johann didn't seem eager to get a hobby. The idea of Johann knitting was a amusing one. But Lucy couldn't help but find herself looking down. Seemingly in thought. Zara was sweet, Offering alternate suggestions. But Lucy wasn't sure if such was something Johann would ever consider. But... She didn't have to be with Johann all the time, She could do this by herself perhaps?

Lucy listened to Johann before confessing quietly. "I'd like boring.... It seems peaceful. " Johann might have wanted excitement in his life. To sleep around and have fun. But Lucy wanted mundane. She wanted to not constantly hate herself for what she had to do, And her short comings. She wanted to stop having to be afraid of the world around her. And to stop constantly hurting others. Yeah, Johann might not be happy with Lucy's responds.

Lucy wasn't sure if peaceful was in her future. It was bitter to think about. knowing it was something she might never have. But... If two of Eve's pets could escape. Why couldn't Lucy? Such was dangerous thoughts and Lucy shook her head to be rid of it. Instead focusing on Johann, She wanted a change of subject. To think about something else. So she then was saying. "Anyway, Zara, I was thinking while we're shopping we'll need to pick out some nice clothes for Johann. I think he should have some more colorful things in his closet. " She said, Her tone becoming more teasing. Yeah, She had a feeling he wouldn't wear anything she got him. Though... He might want to pick up a few things for his new pet. So hopefully he'd atleast somewhat enjoy the shopping trip.

Lucy was right that Johann did not like her words. He gave his sister a long, piercing look as she claimed to like boring. Maybe if they’d been alone he would’ve snarled at her but his disapproval was clear either way. Lucy was too busy longing for an out, he didn’t believe she was being very practical nor did he agree with her opinions. He supposed he could understand wanting a bit of peace in your life but he was sure he'd Miss hunting and fighting. It’d be better if he could do it for himself, simply for the thrill of it rather than some duty to their mother but to quit it entirely? He really felt like today he hardly knew Lucy.

Zara could sense the tension at the table, not wanting to speak up and not sure how to dispel it but Licy was moving the conversation along and Zara was blushing as she glanced at Johann. “I don’t think I’ll be much help” she protested in a bit of a squeak whilst Johann glared lazily at Lucy. ”bright colours are harded to get blood out of” he stated, because blood was an occupational hazard plus obviously the whole vampire stuff anyway, he did have colour in his wardrobe! Admittedly they were usually darker, richer tones but it fit his aesthetic a bit more. “I could do with a new set of cufflinks though“ he admitted which was maybe not want everyone thought about when they were committing murder as a day job. “I don’t think I’ve ever shopped for cufflinks, I barely shop for myself” Zara admitted with a self conscious shrug. “I’m not going to parties and events like you guys“ she pointed out. She wasn’t as high up as them, didn’t go to fancy balls or even more common parties, it wasn’t really her scene.

”do you two do everything together?” Zara asked, curious about just how close the twins were. She’d always heard that twins tended to be close, closer than normal siblings and so far they’d seemed quite entwined and she almost always saw them together. “Like, do you see your futures together?“ did they ever plan to split apart or even when they had families would they still be almost attached at the hip? They were a dangerous pair and it was good to have a source of comfort but maybe it‘d be too much at times. Did Lucy find Johann overbearing? To truly break free of her current life then she may have to she’s the safety of her brother as well.

Lucy could practically feel her brothers glare. Though she avoided meeting his eyes. Yeah, He was probably going to give her a talk as soon as they split ways from Zara. She wasn't eager for that. But she tried to forget it for the moment. The group seemed willing enough to move topics though. For that Lucy was glad. Pouting at Johann's words then saying. "Well, Don't wear them where you'll get blood on them. " She pointed out. Except... Well, Knowing Johann that might be a bit difficult. He was agreeing to atleast get himself some cufflinks. Causing a mischievous smile to show on her face. "I'm sure we can find you something cute. " Maybe she could get him a set that had a silly or cute design on them! Though... He might toss them if she did such. Still, She'd certainly try her luck.

Zara seemed not so used to shopping. Causing Lucy to frown for a moment. It seemed her family was just as controlling. But considering there earlier conversation that was hardly a surprise. But then Zara was asking something that had Lucy pausing. It was a interesting thought. Separating from Johann. He was the one person in this world she felt she could truly trust. She knew he'd always have her back. But... He was also aggressive. Far more then herself. Wanted a more violent future then she herself wished for. Thus she didn't answer right away.

Eventually she though did say. "I... I couldn't imagine him not being at my side. " That perhaps wasn't a proper answer. But it was all Lucy felt she could give. Because she didn't know, It wasn't just her desire to stay with him. But it also felt like her ability to keep up with him. would she eventually fall behind? Lucy many nights felt herself comparing herself to him. What would happen if there mother ever decided she wasn't enough? that she was a lost cause? Lucy often felt that was the case herself.

The twins were easy with each other. Certainly more so than they were with any one else. So it felt odd that they might one day be parted. Johann, diplomatically and pointedly waited for Lucy to answer first. He knew she was dreaming of a different life but so far she had invited him along for the ride. Where would she draw the line? They did not see themselves in the same place, would they each make compromises or would they crack and split apart? Johann would not exactly call himself an accommodating person so some requests of Lucy’s may hit a brick wall, ungiving and immovable, then they were see what stuff they were made of.

Her answer was undefined, carefully not picking one side or the other and he kept his steady gaze on Lucy, wondering what was going on in That skull. Sometimes he felt that could read her thoughts, a product of so much time together and a myriad of shared habits but sometimes she was a mystery when she carefully squirrelled away her thoughts and let him be the louder voice, when she took a step back and grew quiet, that’s when Johann wondered what she was thinking. “You can never shrug off family completely” Johann answered, his reply also a targeted warning to Lucy. No matter how much she tried to break free, she would never be completely rid of their parents and their past, nor of him.

”besides, Lucy wouldn’t want to be without me, would you?” He commented. She should be loyal to him, but then again she should be loyal to their parents and she wasn’t. This was different though, they’d gone through much of the same hardships, lived similar lives under the rule of the same people, they eeee almost one person poured into two. “Who else is going to clean up your messes?” and that was said with a teasing smile. He was there for her, much like she was there for him when things went wrong. There would always be some form of error, even if not on their part but if Lucy was setting off into the big wide world then he was sure she would encounter problems and cause trouble in which she’d want his help.

It was not hard to get the meaning in Johann's words, And Lucy knew he was right. She could never be truly free. But was it so wrong to have a little hope? Lucy then found herself saying. "No.. I wouldn't. " And that was more honest. She wanted Johann in her life, But she also wanted a peaceful life, Could those two things really both happen. If Lucy had to choose between them both... She wasn't sure which she'd pick. Johann was becoming more teasing though and Lucy preferred the joking. Though her thoughts lingered on the words. Messes. It felt like that was common for her. She though pushed it aside. Instead choosing for a moment lean against Johann. Murmuring. "What would I do without you? " Her tone fond.

Honestly, Maybe some therapy would do the family some good! Though maybe even a therapist wouldn't be able to untangle all of there problems. Lucy then spoke playfully. "I'm still not sleeping with you. " Yeah, Zara might be surprised that was a subject that had ever been on the table. Might be even more shocked to find out that the only reason Lucy wasn't interested in such was because Johann wasn't her type. Again, Maybe they should consider that therapy thing!

Lucy then sat up a bit straighter. Focusing on Zara. She then asked curiously. "Is there any specific time you're parents want you back? If they don't mind you staying out a bit late. Perhaps after shopping we could see about going to a party? " Lucy was sure they could find something to go to. Zara hadn't seemed to commonly go to such things, And well, Maybe she'd like to go to such a thing. Lucy figured she'd have a easy enough time getting along with everyone if she kept close to Lucy.

Lucy was sentimental, didn’t want to lose her dear old brother although would Johann be so conflicted about it? He was used to Lucy, things were easier with her around and more fun but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t drop her if she got in his way. His smile widened in lazy amusement as she spoke fondly to him. See, this is what he liked, when they were just joking and being easy, they got on better when they weren’t thinking about their…job, just when they were going about normal things without much pressure on them.

He rolled his eyes as she said she still wouldn’t sleep with him, “you're missing out” he muttered “I’d be the best you ever had” He was confident in his abilities, part of their duties was occasionally seducing people, they had to be good at all of it and well it was a part Johann enjoyed, he might not be Lucy’s type but he was sure he could physically pleasure her at the very least. Zara watched them with rather wide eyes, she’d not expected mention of this and certainly not so casually. Maybe they were just playing? A weird sort of joke between them?

She jumped slightly when Lucy addressed her again and she tried to school her face into something less alarmed, “I don’t knew when they want me back but I can’t imagine my parents getting mad with me spending more time with you” she admitted, Lucy and Johann were high up and the children of Eve, her parents would probably be pleased with her. “A party sounds fun” she admitted. Johann looked to Lucy “I’m not babysitting her“ he insisted, she would be in Lucy’s care unless she provided something more interesting for Johann to deal with her, no he'd rather move around a party and find something more fun.

Yeah, Lucy was going to have to pass on spending the night with Johann. He talked highly of himself, But frankly she wasn't that convinced. Poor Zara seemed rather bewildered though. Her expression was a bit amusing and Lucy had to suppress a laugh at the way she jumped. The girl seemed interested in going to a party. Johann seemed less thrilled to bring her along. Though Lucy nudged him. Saying. "Oh, Don't be so sour about it. " She urged. Before looking at Zara. Promising. "Don't worry, Just stick with me, I'm sure it'll be fun. " Hopefully Zara wouldn't wander off or something. There mother might be a bit annoyed if they somehow lost her.

Lucy then was then reaching into her pocket and pulling out her phone. Humming slightly. It shouldn't be too difficult to find something. If nothing else they could go to some sort of club. But Lucy hummed as she scrolled. "Hmm.. Martin's probably having something going on. He's always got a party happening it seems. But... He's also a d*ck. " Still, It would likely be a place they'd find plenty of vampires. Zara might find it useful to make such introductions. Connections were good to have. But Lucy didn't really want to deal with vampires. They could be a bit snobby.

Lucy then murmured. "There's also a club that looks like will be pretty busy tonight. Oh- I remember that place. Remember the harpy that was there? They were pretty cute. " Such could be fun. One never really knew what they'd run into there. Lucy had been a few times. Sometimes it was useful to have connections other then vampires. They sometimes heard useful rumors after all. Lucy then looked from her phone. Glancing between the two before asking. "Any preferences? " She wasn't sure how Zara would feel about seeing other creatures besides vampires. But then again, She might prefer being around them? As for Johann. Lucy figured such simply depended on his mood.

Lucy would be a better guide than Johann that much was clear and Zara nodded, she’d stay by Lucy and hopefully not be abandoned. Now they just had to figure out which party to attend. Zara would’ve figured that Lucy was better at picking than herself but she was asking for input nonetheless. Vampires or other creatures? She wasn’t sure she’d ever seen a harpy but Johann had rolled his eyes as his sister mentioned them. Of course she’d think they were cute.

”the club sounds good“ Zara suggested with a shrug. She wasn’t sure she wanted to hang around too many other vampires really and she figured if they did the twins would happily drop her in a heartbeat for someone higher ranking or prettier or more fun. At least in a club of other creatures they might stick together. Johann arched an eyebrow at Zara but didn’t argue. “You planning on chasing some literal tail?” He teased Lucy. She seemed to quite like the exoticness of the harpy whereas Johann would say he preferred more human/vampire looking partners. That wasn’t to say he didn’t see the appeal in more strange creatures but he wasn’t as attracted to them. He preferred something with a human form. Harpies were hardly the worst offenders though, they weren’t quadrupedal at least and were smart enough.

“remember you’re looking after our new friend” he pointed out although the way he said friend was disingenuous and a little mocking. Lucy couldn’t go off and have too much fun because then who would look after Zara? And then what would their parents say? Johann on the other hand planned to have some good drinks and good company if he could find any. Lucy shouldn’t get into too much trouble at a party, assuming the attendants weren’t as handsy as vampires tended to be.

Zara seemed interested in the club. For which Lucy was glad, The creatures there always tended to be a bit friendlier in Lucy's opinion. Vampires weren't exactly the nicest of creatures after all. Johann seemed to understand Lucy's reasoning a bit more. Causing her to grin at him. "Depends on the tail. " She always had found more feminine creatures attractive. Didn't mind things being a bit more exotic. Johann was quick to point out Zara and Lucy glanced at her. Teasing. "She's free to join! " Her tone joking. But Lucy then shook her head. Promising. "Nah, I don't plan to get that wild tonight. Not much in the mood. " Sure sleeping around could be fun. But Lucy wasn't really feeling that tonight. She far rather just enjoy the night.

Lucy then explained to Zara. "Most of the creatures we'll see will probably just look like humans. " Many creatures could hide there more fantasy like traits. Or were simply humans with abilities. Might even be a few vampires there as well, Though Lucy expected if there were they'd likely be bittens or of low standing. This would also be a good chance for Johann and Lucy to ask questions about the escaped prisoners. Maybe find out more about Cain and if anyone had seen him. Though Lucy figured there chances of success were slim. Still one could hope.

Lucy then looked at Johann. Musing. "I hope you're not planning to get into too much trouble. " It seemed like the twins would mostly be parting ways when they went to the club. Lucy to show Zara around. Johann? To flirt. Hopefully Johann wouldn't start any fights or something without Lucy being next to him. Sure, She would jump into any fray that happened. But she'd rather avoid that.

Lucy and Johann went back and forth, earning a wide eyed look from Zara as Lucy said she was free to join. Luckily Lucy was soon brushing it off and being more serious. Zara wasn’t sure what she’d say if Lucy earnestly turned to her and suggested she jump in on the action with a harpy! Probably not yes. Lucy wasn’t in the mood for messing about but Johann was almost always in the mood for it, unless he was angry. He’d already had fun with Robin earlier but that wouldn’t stop him from finding another playmate later. Maybe for the best, it wouldn’t end well for Robin if Johann returned unsatisfied to find his room wrecked.

Zara nodded in understanding. Maybe she’d fit in quite well? She’d not told the twins of her power, it wasn’t something she advertised and she was aware Eve knew but wasn’t sure she’d told her children. They hadn’t mentioned it to her at least so she was assuming they didn't know for the time being. She sort of liked ti that way, meant they didn’t think she was too weird.

“I don’t get into trouble I can’t handle” Johann reassured his sister which wasn’t to say he’d behave but meant whatever he started, he’d finish. Still, they should try to relax tonight not cause too much of a ruckus. “so Zoe, what’s your deal?” Johann asked, using the wrong name because of course he would, probably on purposed too. “Are you really just this plain or is there something underneath this?” Johann asked with a brief gesture towards her. Well that was rude! Zara frowned, hurt and a bit shocked at the sudden attack. What exactly was she supposed to say to that? “I’m as boring as I seem” Zara muttered flatly, not even bothering to correct Johann on the use of her name. Yeah Lucy was definitely going to be her favourite sibling. She could tell him about her ability, try and impress him but he left her feeling a bit deflated and she didn’t feel like proving herself to someone being an ass,

Zara's wide eyed look was cute. Maybe Lucy would need to tease her more? Her attention was soon more on her brother and well... His words didn't instill confidence. But Lucy didn't think he was wrong. He could probably get out of any trouble he started. Seemed he was already planning to start trouble by insulting there new friend! Lucy resisted a sigh at Johann's words and considered shoving him out the chair. She resisted the urge. Settling for simply kicking his leg under the table. Before focusing on Zara. Musing. "Ignore him, Johann can be a d*ck. " Because well, It was true. Her brother certainly could be rude!

Lucy did pause for a moment, Considering Zara for a moment before addressing her brother. musing. "And Johann, She's not plain. She's making herself look plain. " Lucy perhaps might not be as good as her brother in combat, But she was good when it came to people. Zara was pretty, But that might be harder to notice with the way she hid herself behind her hair. The way she stood. It felt like she was hiding herself. Such behaviors might not be even intentional. But it was there and Lucy had picked up on it. She could understand the feeling very well. But well, In Johann and Lucy's line of business, They had always been forced to make themselves stand out. They couldn't hide away.

Lucy then told Zara softly. "I understand if you prefer that. But if not, Eye contact is important. You have pretty eyes. Its a shame you hide them. " She had noted the pretty color. Violet. Oh, Maybe when they were shopping they could get some nice eyeshadow to bring out the color! Lucy would need to add that to the shopping list. Though Zara might not be interested in makeup. Still, They were going to a club. So she might be more willing to get dressed up really nice!

Johann narrowed his eyes at Lucy upon feeling her kick him but he didn’t bite back nor argue that he wasn’t a jerk. Zara meanwhile frowned as Lucy talked. Just making herself look plain? Thanks. It almost seemed like Lucy was agreeing with Johann, and then she mentioned eye contact and she was back to blushing as Lucy picked up on her nervous habits. “Uh, ... Thank you?” Zara replied, not really sure how to take that. “I don’t really like to be noticed though” she admitted and maybe the universe had a sense of humour giving her a power which was bound to draw attention to her but also making it one that shielded her, meant she could somewhat hide, but in plain view. “I don’t really know what to do with attention”

Johann hummed at the obviousness of that statement. She wasn’t an ugly girl but she sat there as if she were unused to her own skin which wasn’t really a common vampire trait. He guessed at least her uncertainty made her rarer for a species so full of ego. “That’s easy, you bathe in it” Johann commented with a flick of his wrist. “You use it to get what you want.“ Johann told Zara who was back to frowning “I don’t know what i want” she protested, or if she wanted anything at all. “why don’t we start easy with wanting to get laid” Johann suggested With a fiendish grin.

“you’re not my usual type, but as Lucy said you do have nice eyes. I’d f*ck you, if Only to stop myself getting bored otherwise” Yeah, he was being rude and it was unclear if he was put off by her presence somehow, was in a bad mood or was just being his normal rude self. “And I’m sure Lucy would too” Johann added with a look at his sister. Maybe he was trying to make it awkward between the two girls? Or just make Zara feel uneasy, she certainly seemed shocked at his…openness. “You seem enough of her type” He knew Lucy had more fondness for the feminine and Zara was unusual enough With her eye colour to likely catch Lucy‘s attention and maybe his sister, who doubted their lifestyle, found Zara’s meekness, her shyer nature to be sweet or cute or something equally soppy.

Lucy was not at all surprised that Zara didn't want to be noticed. Then Johann just had to pipe up, And he wasn't exactly wrong. Attention could be very useful. Lucy and Johann had often used such things during hunts. But once again Johann just had a way of taking things to far, And Lucy very much figured he was doing such on purpose. Ugh. So much for them possibly making friends. Though... Maybe this was for the best. Eve obviously had some sort of sinister plan to want them to hang out together. So... Some distance could be good. Didn't mean Lucy approved. And of course he had to bring her into his rather harsh words. Lucy then let out a long sigh. "Seriously Johann? " She then shrugged. Leaning back in her seat.

Lucy for a moment considered grabbed her brother by the arm, Pulling him away and having a little chat with him. But well, Knowing her brother? That would likely just make him worse. She also... Didn't want to start a argument. So, She instead shook her head. Huffing. "Johann, I'm not interested in getting in bed with her. " Sure, Zara was pretty. In a different situation Lucy might have been smitten with her. But... Zara was also apart of the cult. Sure, It might be nice having someone that could relate. But there was also a lot of dark memories there. Zara would simply be a reminder.

Lucy then confessed to Johann. "Besides, I... Don't think I'm really interested in having any more one night stands for a while. " They were nice enough. A distraction. But... Maybe pursuing something more serious would be nice. Especially if they left home? She could maybe have a proper relationship. That would be nice. Oh, Johann might not be pleased with that though. Especially not after the groups recent discussion about Lucy wanting a more tame life.

Well wasn’t Lucy full of surprises? She didn’t want to seduce Zara it seemed although Zara looked a bit relieved by that, clearly not keen to get involved in whatever was going right now. Johann was giving her a funny look though, disapproving and disdainful. He understood the angle of her being in the cult but Lucy just left it at that, didn’t even flirt whilst rejecting her, left it blunt. Not only that but it seemed she didn’t want to hop into bed with just anyone. She was getting stranger and stranger by the hour.

”what, you going to get yourself a partner?” Johann sneered. “You already have a partner, me!” Although as earlier mentioned not in that context, still what did she want with a long term relationship? Unless it was with the royal family then how was that beneficial? Oh Eve would not be pleased if Lucy brought home a low ranking partner. ”you really think you’ll be able to find someone? Not a lot of people want a girlfriend who’s been ridden as many times as the local bus, or by as many people” Johann muttered dismissively. It appeared he didn’t agree with her decision although such talk likely wouldn’t make her change her mind, he knew that.

Zara was not used to Johann’s sharp edges though and was frowning quite angrily at him. “What a horrible thing to say to your own sister” she spoke up, seemed a little surprised at her own words coming out of her mouth, that she dared speak to Johann in such a way. “Some partner you are, you should be building her up, not tearing her down. No wonder she wants to find someone who might actually show her some real affection“ Of course Zara knew how hollow the rituals could make you feel, even if she’d not actively participated much in them, but to then come out and have Johann as her ‘support’? It seemed like a tough life.

Lucy could tell her brother wasn't happy with her before he had even spoken. Could feel his eyes on her. Then he was talking and Lucy rolled her eyes a bit. Seemed Johann did not understand her desire for companionship. Probably saw himself as enough. Maybe Lucy should just let that be the case. One couldn't exactly always trust other people. But Lucy wanted a proper relationship. Something more normal and sweet. Was that so wrong to hope for? Johann's words got particularly harsh though and Lucy averted her gaze. Biting her tongue and deciding it best to let the comment go.

Lucy might have been ready to let things go. But Johann's words at incited some anger in Zara, Who seemed to have the desire to defend Lucy at least a bit. Honestly, It was kind of sweet. Ill advised, But sweet. Lucy was surprised to see the other speak up. Yeah, Maybe it was best to reign things in before it could get any more aggressive. Lucy then said softly. "Zara, Its fine. " She urged. Before she then was looking towards Johann.

Lucy figured a change in subjects would do everyone a bit of good. Might distract both Johann and Zara. So Lucy then said. "Anyway, We probably should head out soon, We can get some nice clothes for when we go to the club. " She was explaining. Though she could certainly feel a certain awkwardness in the air as she spoke. Lucy did her best to ignore it. Instead looking towards Johann, Before saying. "And you should probably pick up some clothes for your new pet. " She pointed out. They could focus on clothes shopping. That would surely be a decent distraction. But Johann and Zara might not be so eager to drop the previous harsh words.

Johann had bristled at that words, at the notion that Zara thought she could speak to him like that. He was allowed to be rude, she should not get jumped up and stick her nose in where it didn’t belong. Lucy was being sensible though and trying to calm things down. Zara clearly didn’t agree with Lucy calling it ‘fine’ but she understood what she meant. It wasn’t a fight worth having and Johann was an enemy best not to have. He’d irritated her, her foul expression clear about that, the most she’s expressed really besides shock but she let it drop even though the two continued to exchange tension fuelled looks.

Johann thought about fighting the matter more, putting Zara in her place but he acquiesced to his sister’s change in tone, maybe Zara’s words had made him reconsider the support he gave her. “Fine” he muttered. The mention of Robin was likely meant to divide his attention, get him to focus on someone that pleased him a bit but he saw the transparency in that move so it lessened it somewhat. “I don’t think he’s going to appreciate how well I’m treating him” Johann murmured, giving Robin his room to sleep in, buying him clothes, keeping him fed, he would be living a life of luxury if he behaved Well enough. Johann didn’t mind some struggle, enjoyed it really but he didn’t want too unruly a pet.

“Do you two have a lot of….pets?” Zara asked as they got up to leave. She knew that a Eve was partial to an exotic creature but she wasn’t sure about the twins, wasn’t entirely sure how she felt about it. By now it was clear that Johann had some such creature of his own, one human enough to require clothes, and she wasn’t a detective but she was guessing a werewolf based on the way he’d smelt and the car. It made her a bit uneasy really. Vampires were meant to hate werewolves and she wasn’t exactly fond but they weren’t really that different than humans and she was friends with humans so….she thought it sounded cruel but she Knew there’d be nothing she could do for Johann’s pet.

Lucy couldn't help but feel some amount of relief when the both seemed willing to drop the subject. That didn't stop the two from glaring at eachother. But well, Lucy supposed that couldn't be helped. Lucy took a moment to pay the little groups bill before she was then getting to her feet. Aiming to lead the way out of the restaurant. Yeah, Johann's new pet probably would not appreciate anything Johann did for him. But well, Lucy figured if she was in the same position she likely would act the same. She paused a bit at Zara's question. Glancing towards the other girl. Before confessing. "No, Johann's got the one but thats it. " They'd have to see how keeping Robin went. Johann might decide keeping the werewolf was too much effort.

Thus Lucy said. "We've only had him since this morning, Johann took a liking to him. " Stepping outside of the building. Lucy took a moment to glance around. She knew there were a few clothing stores not to far. Thus she was soon gesturing for the two others to follow her. She didn't want the two of them in the confined space of the car after there recent argument! That might only add to the tension. Lucy soon enough couldn't help but find her expression becoming more curious.

Lucy then asked. "Are you planning to keep him in your room when you go to bed tonight? " Robin was likely to try and escape. Might try and attack Johann in his sleep. But well, Robin had also seemed fairly out of it after everything. He might be too exhausted to do anything. Johann could also just tie him up somehow if he became too much of a pain to deal with. Johann always seemed to have handcuffs laying around after all.

Johann had taken a shine to Robin and he didn’t take a shine to too many things. Maybe his entertainment wouldn’t last but whilst it did then Robin could stay alive. Zara felt weird hearing them talk to casually about the imprisonment of someone when they themselves felt trapped and Lucy at least didn’t seem to like it. She kept her mouth shut though, not eager to have another argument with Johann but maybe privately she might end up speaking to Lucy about it if they were ever alone again.

”of course, I can shorten the chain” he pointed out, make it so that Robin couldn’t get too near him but how much damage would weak little Robin really be able to do to him? “But dogs get crate trained” he continued. “So that’s what I’ll do” He really did plan to demean poor Robin as much as possible still it could likely be worse, he could drive a nail through Robin’s foot to keep him in place whilst he slept, might be a bit noisy though. “I asked one of the servants to grab one by the time I’m back” he explained to Lucy. How he was going to get Robin in it was another matter but he was stronger than the boy could likely force him in if need be.

”I imagine he’ll cry in the night but that’s what all puppies do” he continued and Zara had wrinkled her nose in distaste at the conversation. Johann really did seem foul at the moment as she was fully aware he was not talking about a dog. “Depending on how tonight goes though, might have some fun first” If he found someone pretty at the party then Robin might be safe but if not then he’d get to experience Johann’s….affection without the haziness of a bite.

Seemed Johann was wanting to keep Robin at his side. Such could be dangerous. But Lucy trusted her brother could handle himself. The man had fought far more intimidating things then Robin. But, Johann seemed to be considering some safety measures by caging Robin. Except, Lucy wasn't sure if Johann was wanting to do such for his own safety. Or to simply torment the werewolf. Wasn't sure if she even wanted to ask. Lucy then murmured. "Just... Be careful and don't accidentally kill him. " Robin was more useful to them alive. If he was alive they could use him as bait. Lucy figured it would be easy enough for Johann to accidentally kill the man. Especially if he tried to feed on him again too soon.

Her attention was soon moving forward as they were reaching a store. Well, It seemed it was time to do a bit of shopping. Stepping inside, Lucy then was focusing her attention on Zara. Talk of Robin forgotten for the moment. As she then was asking. "Are you alright with wearing makeup? I was thinking we could get something that might bring out the color of your eyes a bit more? " She hummed. Oh, They could have a decent bit of fun picking out something nice to wear. But... Lucy was aware that she might need to look for something a bit more tame for Zara to wear. The girl seemed a bit timid. Might prefer something not very revealing. But that was fine. One didn't need to dress revealing to look pretty.

Lucy then looked towards Johann, Having him come along might not be for the best. Lucy had a feeling her brother likely would be a bit... Critical. Especially after Zara had talked back to him. So, Lucy then encouraged. "Johann, You probably ought to browse the mens section for your pet something. " She urged, And well, It was probably obvious she was trying to shoo him away. Hopefully he wouldn't resist too much!

Johann would try not to kill his new plaything, would rather let him regain his strength a bit before draining him again. He didn’t dismiss her warning though, who knows what he might do in his anger If Robin really annoyed him. And speaking of people who’d annoyed Johann, Zara nodded at the question about makeup. “You can try, but people won’t be looking at me, they’ll be looking at you” she said, she really didn’t think she measured up to Lucy’s beauty at all and even if she was pretty, she didn’t have the confidence like Lucy, didn't have the presence or the experience to attract any real attention.

Johann didn’t argue, seemed quite pleased to be able to leave them behind and off her went to find something for Robin. Maybe he’d come across something real sexy for him! Maybe not though, he should get some essentials at least. Zara spoke again once Johann had left. “I stand by what I said earlier: you’re not like your brother” but earlier she’d meant it in that they looked different, now she felt that she’d identified a gap in their personalities. Johann was harsher, meaner, Lucy was more willing to give her time, maybe it was an act but she seemed far more tolerable than Johann.

”I like him better at the rituals, he talks less” she added, just the chanting and sacred words, not his own thoughts and vile opinions. Good thing he was handsome hey! Well maybe not, it meant more people listened to him. She realised though that maybe she shouldn’t be saying this to Lucy. “Sorry, I know he’s your brother, I’m not trying to offend you” oh, she didn’t want to annoy Lucy, she’d been so nice to her! And now Zara felt bad, she knew people could get defensive over family.

Zara seemed not to have much confidence she'd receive much notice. She seemed to think everyone's attention would be on Lucy. Something that nearly made the girl tsk. She didn't like the way that Zara seemed to compare them. Didn't think it was something that would be good for Zara to do. Though maybe that was a bit hypocritical. Lucy often found herself comparing herself to Johann. It was hard not too. Speaking of, Johann was soon enough leaving the two's side. Though he didn't leave the two's minds it seemed as Zara was soon speaking. Lucy then was focusing on the other. A bit caught off guard by Zara's words. But... Not upset. Instead a small laugh came from her. Clearly amused. "Don't worry, I know he's a d*ck. " He could be a rather cruel man at times. But... in there line of work? That was something of value.

Lucy then was going to lead Zara towards the clothing section. Figured they could pick out makeup once they'd found something proper to wear. Lucy then was saying. "He's not always so... Rude. I promise. " Sometimes he could be nice! Especially if he wanted something from someone. But Lucy figured Zara might not be that convinced and thus didn't try to defend her brother much further. Instead she was soon looking threw the clothes.

Glancing at Zara. Lucy then encouraged. "Maybe we could get you a dress? Can't go wrong with a black dress when going to a club. Though I'm a fan of a bit more color. " Lucy liked a little bit of brightness to her clothing. Zara might not be so eager for a dress. Which was fine. Lucy then was saying. "You could also go with something with pants. Maybe a crop top to go with if you're comfortable with that? Or maybe just a nice shirt to go with some ripped jeans? " Lucy was murmuring. Seeming to be enjoying the chance to help Zara dress up.

Luckily Zara hadn’t offended Lucy and she smiled slightly as she admitted Johann wasn't the nicest guy. She was right that Zara didn’t believed Johann could be that pleasant but she wasn’t going to argue the point and instead followed Lucy through the store towards the clothes, listening to all her suggestion. Lucy really did seem very nice to her and it set her more at ease.

”a dress sounds nice” she agreed. “And black works for me“ She wasn’t sure how she felt about a lot of colour. As she’d said earlier she wasn’t too used to drawing attention to herself but maybe it wouldn’t be so bad? “We could try some things and see what suits?” She suggested, it’d be quite nice to just have a girls day and try on different outfits and make up and just….she wasn’t used to having a vampire friend And not one like Lucy.

”i don’t think I’ve ever met a harpy before” she mentioned to Lucy, knowing she’d talked about them earlier. “Are they friendly? Not a lot of other species like us” she pointed out, vampires weren’t the most likeable creatures but they were respected somewhat, or if not feared and most people considered that good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back