• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Escape

Mari's touch was comforting. But Garter couldn't help the worries that twisted in her chest. Soon enough, Cain was leading there side and it was just her and Mari. Looking to the other. Mari seemed a lot more firm in her beliefs they'd stay free. Which did make Garter feel better. She was right, Cain was skilled. He was the best source of protection they had. But he was only one man, And Garter was uncertain how much help they'd be able to provide him. What if he was gone when Johann and Lucy came? Because one day the twins would catch up. Garter then smiled at the mention of killing them. Saying softly. "I don't think it'll be that easy, And I'm not sure it would solve things. " Because in the end, The twins were just there parents minions. If they killed them. Would there parents seek revenge? Maybe, Garter wasn't sure.

But Garter then smiled. "I... Its just hard to get my head around. Being free. I keep expecting to wake up and be back in that cell. Oh... I didn't realize how stuffy the air was in that place until we got outside. " It was easier to breath. The openness was amazing in many ways. But it was also scary. Garter did not know how to explain it.

Garter then confessed. "I... I keep expecting Cain to turn on us. Hurt us, But he... He doesn't.. He seems honest. " He was still part vampire, And he'd warned he could lose control. But he seemed kind so far. He didn't stare, He didn't seem to desire anything from them. Garter hoped he remained being kind.

“Maybe it wouldn’t solve things but it’d sure be nice” Mari shot back. Eve would not be pleased if her children were pleased and Mari could imagine she’d want some sort of retribution but who else did she have who was more skilled at her disposal? Would she come after them herself? Or send her husband? There weren’t a lot of ways to solve this though, they had to disappear off their radar which was unlikely, Eve would not let this slight go and they couldn’t really run forever, so if they couldn’t protect themselves properly from recapture then they needed someone else to help them out. Currently they were under Cain’s protection but he wasn’t invincible nor would he be around all the time, they needed someone, or a group who Eve would not mess with, but who could they approach for that? And why would they agree to take them in! It was something Mari would have to ponder and figure out.

”I’ve missed the fresh air” she agreed, ”the trees and the sounds of nature. They took so much from us and they deserve to pay for it“ but they couldn’t think about payback before they were safe. “Even if he does turn on us…it won’t be the same“ Mari reasoned, “he’s not the same as them, he might be an animal but he’s not a monster. He said he’s hurt people accidentally, everyone they’ve hurt has been intentional and they’ve enjoyed it“ Cain was such a better choice, not even the lesser of two evils.

“I like him” Mari admitted. “ he seems sweet and he’s a better option than i thought we’d find to be honest” She wasn’t sure anyone would have taken them in. “Plus, like us, he doesn't seem used to people. It’ll be s learning curve for us all.“ if he didn’t grow sick of them but that would be a problem for later down the line, they might at least be able to guilt him into looking after them a bit longer after he got annoyed of them.

Mari seemed hopeful for some form of revenge eventually. Garter couldn't help but feel a similar feeling. It was hard not to hate them for all they'd done to them. She was right, Cain was easily the better of the two. The others loved to cause pain. Cain seemed to try and avoid it. Garter found herself leaning closer to Mari. Murmuring. "I... Think your right, I just... I wish he had a different scent. He smells so much like vampire. " It was a frequent reminder of that place. He wasn't fully a vampire. But he had so many traits similar to them. Sometimes it was easy to forget. Garter then asked curiously. "He... Said he was going to teach us how to defend ourselves. Do you think we'd ever be able to handle one of the twins? " It seemed a impossible feat. But fighting wasn't the only thing they had. Mari had magic, She just needed more practice with. And while Garter so far could only turn into a snake, There was the potential she'd pick up more skills. Finally being given the chance to learn.

It was then Garter noticed Cain approaching the car. the tall man carrying a bag with him. Along with a few drinks. Sliding into the drivers seat. He passed the bag to Mari. Cain then said. "Here ya go. You both can go ahead and dig in. " He promised. It would be a bit before they reached the nearest motel and Cain was certain they likely were hungry. Garter though was staring at the drinks curiously because they looked a bit odd. Eventually she reached forward, Picking up the cup and taking and drink. Only to find herself coughing in surprise. "Its sweet! " She squeaked between coughs.

Such caused Cain to pause. Suddenly saying. "Ah man- Sorry, Have you had a soda before? I probable should have gotten water. If you don't like it, Its okay, They'll have water at the motel. " He was promising. But Garter waved off his concern. Saying. "N-No. Its fine. I was just surprised. " She didn't think she'd had anything other then water before. Maybe tea once? Garter then asked curiously. "Are.. A lot of drinks other then water this sweet? "

Garter had a much more sensitive nose than Mari, she found it difficult to distinguish any sort of scents except the more obvious ones like werewolves But even then she had to be pretty close. He was part vampire though and that was….vampires weren't good people. Cain was different though, vampires wanted nothing to do with him, would rather him dead, he hadn’t grown up in their toxic environment, if anything he seemed more like he’d want to have a pack like a werewolf even if he was currently a loner.

MarI considered the question. “I don’t know” she admitted. “We’ve held them off so far so we must be doing something right” yeah, distraction and running but the twins were trained and experienced in fighting, it’d take a lot to beat them one on one. “We’d at least have a better chance” that was better than nothing, they would survive longer in a fight and it’d surprise the twins, the element of surprise would be useful for them.

Cain was back pretty soon after he left and she smiled gratefully, taking the bag and handing a burger to Garter. Garter was having a drink first though and Mari couldn’t stop herself from laughing at the surprise on her friend’s face. “Not usually that sweet” Mari reassured Garter. “Juice is nice” she said. “a bit sweet but more natural” she explained. Oh it felt nice to smile, there hadn’t been a lot of real smiles in their cages. “Try the burger” she insisted, nudging her friend, going to unwrap her own and take a hungry bite. Goodness she was starving and she made a little delighted noise as the taste hit her mouth. She’d not had anything this nice in a long time. Yeah, she thought she might enjoy their time with Cain.

Mari was soon laughing, And well, Garter was surprised to hear it. But... Happy, Soon finding herself grinning as well. It had been a while since she'd heard proper laughter. She listened as the other talked, Curious. Juice... Garter thought she'd like to give such a try. She then was reaching for her own burger. Unwrapping it and studying it for a moment before she took a hesitant bite. Only to find her eyes widening. "Its good! " She said in alarm. It was easy to forget that food was supposed to taste good. Often what they had been fed... Well, Garter wanted to forever forget that slop. It was difficult to keep herself from wolfing down the burger in front of her. Forcing herself to slow down.

Cain seemed amused by them. Setting off. He then said. "Next time I'll get you both some pizza. I'm sure you'll love it. " He mused. They'd surely like the opportunity to try new things. Mari seemed to be a bit more experienced in the outside world then Garter. A part of Cain wanted to ask just how long they'd been imprisoned. But he didn't want to ruin the cheerful mood. Maybe Cain would need to take them somewhere nice soon? Let them celebrate a bit. It seemed ever since they'd escaped they hadn't really had a chance to enjoy there freedom.

Cain would need to think on the matter. For now, He figured the girls likely would just want to rest. Thus he was glad when a motel finally came into view. Soon parking. He gestured for the both of them to follow as he went to go get checked in. Garter was pausing as she climbed out of the car. It was late, And she found herself more aware of every shadow and every scent. Saying. "I... I smell vampire around here. " Her voice hesitant. Cain though sent her a glance. Saying. "Don't worry, It smells like a bitten. I doubt they'll be after you. And I'll be in the same room with you both. " He spoke softly. Hoping to ease her nerves.

Mari continued to grin as Garter enjoyed her burger, and soon her own burger was gone and her stomach was grateful For the food. She happily took some slurps of soda, wiping off her greasy palms on the napkins provided and watched as they pulled into a motel. It was darker, made it easier to hide, or easier for other things to hide. Mari was at least glad that her wings weren’t visible, in the darkness they’d be glowing like a beacon. She frowned as Garter talked about scents, again she’d not been able to pick anything up but it did alarm her a little. Not all vampires would be with Eve, she knew that, but she still didn’t want to come across any.

Cain was trying to be reassuring which she appreciated but….”bittens haven’t been much better to us” she admitted. “Bitten servants have prodded and poked us, trotted us around like animals. They still treated us like dirt, happy they weren’t the bottom of the pecking order” when you were below the others, you were probably just glad to have someone to pick on yourself. Mari slipped her arm into Garter’s, wanting to keep close to her and to give them both a bit of comfort as she followed after Cain.

They probably all looked like a mess, two bedraggled girls covered in plasters and grime following a rather intimidating looking man into a sort of seedy motel. But again, it was a motel, they probably wouldn’t ask too many question, both a relief and sort of worrying. Did many supernatural creatures come here? Was this a motel for creatures like them? Or was it just a bitten or two? Mari couldn’t help but glance around, eyes scanning everything and everybody, it paid to be cautious but she was also curious, she’d not really been to many or any motels in her lifetime so yeah definitely a new experience.

Mari seemed to share Garter's nerves. Was soon explaining them to Cain. Who looked sympathetic. He still attempted to provide some comfort. Promising. "Whatever happens, We'll be okay. " He ensured, Hoping his presence provided atleast some comfort. Leading the girls along. Garter was grateful for Mari's touch. Leaned close against her. It was difficult to relax. The quietness did not help her nerves. But, Things were fairly easy. Soon enough Cain was going to the front desk and getting them a room. And indeed, They certainly looked a odd sight. Cain was a large man, Naturally looked intimidating no matter how small he tried to make himself. Mari and Garter also looking injured. The person working the counter though only gave them a curious glance though, Didn't ask questions. Just accepted the money and gave Cain a key.

Cain then was going to lead them both towards there room. And well, Garter soon saw the source of the vampire scent. a few men standing outside a room chatting. They must have been joking around for Garter could see one laughing about something. But the mans gaze was then moving onto the girls. Expression curious and Garter freezed as he shot her a smile. Hurrying to stay close to Cain as they reached their room finally. Cain wasted no time in opening the door. Gesturing for them to go inside.

The motel wasn't much, It was a cheap place. Thus the rooms were hardly the best, But Garter was still happy to see the inside. A bed- They were going to have a proper bed to sleep on. Stepping inside, She watched as Cain closed the door. Beginning to take off his coat and set it aside. He then told them softly. "If its alright, I'm going to go ahead and take a shower. I feel like I still have blood on me and- Sh*t, I forgot my bag of clothes in the car." He then glanced towards them, Asking softly. "Will you both be okay if I leave for a moment to get my stuff? " He could understand if they wanted him to stay close. After everything they'd been threw? They might not be eager to be left alone.

No one questioned them but they got a few curious glances from the receptionist and the bittens. Mari didn’t like the smile and she made sure to use her arm linked with Garter to keep her friend moving. They were soon in the relative safety of the room, it was small but functional and Mari was glad for the walls to shield them from prying eyes. The walk and been tenser than she’d realised she sat on the bed, breathing a small sigh. It was more luxury than they’d had in ages and whilst it was hardly a 5 star resort she thought it’d do.

Cain had to dash already though. She glanced at Garter as he said he had to go to the car. They couldn't rely on him forever and he wouldn’t be around 24/7 either, they had to get used to him taking small trips away, to being by themselves. They should be fine, he wouldn’t be long. Yes there were bittens but why would they bother them? The twins shouldn’t be about either, she imagined it’d take them a little while to be tracked down again and the smell of vampires might mask their scent a little. “go” Mari urged, “we’ll wait here”

They could lock the door whilst he was gone, there was a peephole so they could check who was there although the cheap door likely wouldn’t hold for long against anyone eager to get in but she figured Cain would come back quickly, he only had to pop to the car. “we can put the tv on” she suggested to Garter, might act as a distraction, she wasn’t sure how often Garter had seen a TV, the vampires had them but it’s not like they left their prisoners to watch them. Garter might want to hear if anything was coming for them though and a TV might drown that out. Mari reached for the remote anyway, turning it on low for now.

Garter hesitantly nodded in agreement that Cain could go. He'd only be gone for a bit, What could possibly happen in that time? They'd need to get used to him not always being there. The man gave a nod, Promising he'd only be gone for a bit before he was slipping out the room. Leaving the two girls alone. Mari then was suggesting putting on the tv, That luckily did give a bit of a distraction. Sure, Garter had seen the tv's in the vampires home. But she'd never really had a chance to sit down and watch it. She thus was soon curiously focusing on it. Moving to sit on the bed beside Mari.

Garter then asked curiously. "Did you have a tv where you grew up? " Garter herself could not recall such things when she was young. But she supposed it was possible she'd had one and simply couldn't remember. Garter then focused on the screen. She got so focused she nearly jumped when she heard the sound of knocking. Fear gripping her. Leaning close to Mari, Then the door was opening. Luckily it was only Cain! The trip had not been far after all. He carried a backpack slung over his shoulder. Closing the door behind him and then looking up. Smiling. "Hope y'all didn't miss me too much. " He said playfully. Before then moving across the room. Towards the bathroom. Closing the door behind him.

Maybe Garter was a bit too on edge. It was hard not to jump at every little thing. But... This was still good. They were fine, Nothing had happened. And maybe it was okay to relax a bit? Garter then looked at Mari. Saying softly. "You know, He is a friendly guy. But I keep forgetting how intimidating he looks. I'm trying to decide if he looks scarier then Johann. " Cain was a big guy after all, His eyes certainly had a intimidating shine to them. But it was hard to find him too scary with his stance. He just had a posture that seemed as if he was trying to make himself smaller. Perhaps he'd be scarier if he stood taller?

“Not personally” Mari replied. “One of the other fairies, they liked collecting human things, visiting the city, they had a TV. Sometimes we’d gather round a watch a movie but not very often” she explained. Much of human life wasn’t a shock to her, she’d been to cities and towns, tried their food but not done everything, just wasn’t a total stranger to their ways whereas Garter seemed to be lacking a lot more experience with them although she had been captured very young so that wasn’t surprising.

Cain was back and giving Garter a fright. Mari wasn’t nearly as frightened but only because she reasoned no one else would knock. She smiled gently at his return and turned back to Garter, feeling safer now that he was with them and listened to her speak. Cain was certainly an intimidating figure and he seemed to have the fight to match but he was far kinder than he initially appeared, he was a long way from being anything like Johann, she still understood the comparison though.

”He doesn’t look at us the same way Johann does” Mari said. “He seems nice, you can tell by the way he stands that he isn’t trying to scare people. Johann has nothing but violence behind his eyes, if creatures have souls then he doesn’t” Mari insisted coldly. “But Lucy….she’s differ from from her brother. I don’t know if either of them have realised it but she doesn’t have the same killer instinct. She will kill, I know that, but I don’t think she enjoys it the same way he does. “ Lucy was the one who had killed Hawk after all but something in her eyes….Mari didn’t think she was quite like her brother. They might be able to use that but Mari wasn’t sure how much weakness was in her.

Garter thought it was a nice idea, Everyone hanging around to watch a movie. Maybe they could find a movie while they were here? Though Garter already found she was feeling tired and feared she might fall asleep before she finished it! She listened curiously as Mari spoke about Johann and well, She couldn't help but agree. The way Johann looked over them? It was a vile feeling. He stared at them as if they were prey. She then was bringing up Lucy and that had her thinking for a moment. Before saying. "I.. Suppose you're right. Honestly, I don't remember seeing Lucy as often near our cages as Johann. He.. would come and mock. " Lucy seemed to ignore them mostly. Only really messing with them if she was in the presence of her brother.

Garter then asked. "I... I wish we'd been able to free some of the others before we left. " Though she knew very well it wasn't possible. They had barely made it out themselves. Besides, Not all of those caged would react well. Some could be dangerous. Might think giving them in would get themselves better treatment. Garter then said. "That lady with the cow tail, The one who told us where Robin was? I didn't know her too well, But I once was caged next to her for a bit. She had a really pretty singing voice. " Garter recalled. There were others as well, Some of those caged were cruel. But others... Garter was fond of. Such as Mari!

Garter then murmured. "I also remember meeting one of Eve's favorite once. He... I think his name was Jayce? He... Was kind of nice, He shared a biscuit with me. " Garter had been young then, A child. Jayce was a rare sight for most of them. Garter could not recall him ever being caged or collared. Yet he never attempted to flee. Garter didn't really understand why. Surely he had to be tempted? He might have been given more freedom then others. But he was still trapped.

(I just had another thought about Johann and Victor. So I totally planned at some point for Johann to propose to Ellie and obviously after the whole cult & Alicia thing that was pretty fresh but I could see them getting married maybe further down the line. How do you think that would work out? Victor seemed pretty fond of Ellie himself, and she wasn’t closed to his attraction either. It might work quite well if she joined the family and would be another set of hands to look after a child although I can see it Backfiring on Johann somewhat when they both decide to team up against him. I’m not sure she’d necessarily live with them though, i feel like Johann is a slightly different person around Ellie and she would definitely scold him or try to stop him from taking advantage of Victor but it does maybe give Annabelle one person she gets along with although she may be a little confused about the whole dynamic. Although Ellie basically hadn’t planned to marry him until he was actually a good father to Annabelle or if he ever got divorced from the twins which I guess he did get better but would he be a good enough father that she’d actually agree to marry him? Also I just realised that Johann is now a twin who married twins!)

Johann hurt because he enjoyed it, Lucy did it because it was duty. Neither were to be exactly trusted but she’d rather her chances with Lucy, although Johann could be rather self serving, and The way to his shrivelled up heart? Through his pants which is how they’d distracted him earlier then again she wasn’t convinced Lucy wasn’t the same, she’d heard she was quite fond of women. Mari murmured her agreement with Garter, the cages were a horrible place to live and if it had been possible she would’ve freed them all, even those that were dangerous or would tell, they all deserved to live a life other than that.

Jayce? Yeah Mari had met Jayce before although he wasn’t that common a sight probably because he was rare and maybe a bit delicate although she knew he was a prisoner just like them, his chains just invisible. “We never got to chat much“ Mari admitted, sometimes their masters like more than one toy to play with, hence how she mainly had seen Jayce, she’d seen his powers too and resisted a shiver at the thought. She hadn’t liked him touching her at all, the cold or the fire, even in slight amount made her feel uneasy.

”you think a lot of vampires have so many slaves that they have favourites?” Mari asked bitterly although she did know that actually most vampires weren’t like Eve, that actually no one was like Eve, maybe some had prisoners but to the same extent as her? Only a rare few kept such an exotic and extensive collection. “Eve is a right piece of work. The damage and pain she had inflicted on so many people, not even just us and the other prisoners, her own children. Obviously the twins Are horrible but that can’t all be nature, I wonder what she did to them growing up to make them so nasty”

Last edited:
(I could totally see them all being together, Though I imagine a lot would depend on Johann. I could see her accepting his proposal, Though not getting married right away, Like maybe moving in with them to see how it works with them all living together and then deciding from there if she thought it would work out. Which again would probably depend a lot on Johann. Like, If he starts taking advantage of Victor or neglecting Annabelle I could see her being like- Until you mature some more this ain't gonna work. )

Mari was soon asking about other vampires, And Garter did not know. Maybe bittens werent. But the high up ranking ones? Garter would not be surprised if that was the case. She could recall plenty of Eve's friends. When they were ment to entertain guests. The ways they had looked at them. It was a thought Garter did not want to think about. Garter then shook her head. Murmuring. "I... I hope we never see her again. " Some form of revenge might be nice. But Garter would rather simply never having to face the woman again. Mari pointed out a interesting thing. The twins surely were influenced by her. Garter swore Lucy even seemed scared of the woman. But it was hard to say, Garter had never seen Eve hurt them. But that was likely something kept behind closed doors.

She was about to say more when she heard the sound of the bathroom door opening. Cain stepping out. Hair still a bit damp from the shower. Wearing a old shirt and some pajamas. A friendly smile on his face when he caught Garter's eyes. Before gesturing towards the shower. Saying. "I'm sure you both would probable enjoy a warm shower. " He understood they might prefer to wait until morning though. They both certainly looked tired. But that wasn't the only thing. They didn't exactly have a change of clothes. That... Might be something they'd need to go shopping for tomorrow.

Cain though after a moment paused and said. "I... If you want some clean clothes. Your welcome to anything in my bag. I doubt they'll fit, But atleast you can change your shirts if you want. " They'd be big on them sure. But it was better then nothing. Cain could see dried blood on there own clothes. No doubts from the few wounds they'd gained. Cain then promised. "We can shop for something a bit better fitting tomorrow. " He ensured, Beginning to walk towards the other bed in the room. Flopping down on it.

(Yeah, I feel she’d be wary of him not keeping up the good work once they got married like how he just took advantage of Victor after their marriage. She wouldn’t take it very well. But also she had a bit of a thing going with Lucy as well. It was essentially her dream since she was little to marry Johann but now she’s older she knows she needs to pick carefully to make sure he’s in shape and not going to be a terrible husband. Granted I don’t think he’d ever be great, he’s quite lazy and very self serving but he’s been basically trained since he was young to try and get in with the royals So he won’t want to mess it up again)

Mari didn’t really want to see Eve again unless she was being tortured or Eve was locking in a cage or something equally awful. She didn’t like the twins one bit but Eve was the mastermind, she was the one who deserved the most of their ire. She’d take the twins getting hurt though, they weren’t innocent in all this. Cain was coming back though which made the room feel a little lighter and his smile helped relax her. She didn’t think anyone had ever looked so friendly at her.

It would be good to be able to change their clothes, something big might be comforting really, they were probably too used to being exposed. “Go take a shower” she urged Garter.”I’ll have one after” she promised. “we’ll be right here” She didn’t know if Garter would get stressed being separated from them but they weren’t going anywhere. “I’ll get you a shirt out“ She said moving to to Cain’s bag so she could find something for Garter.

She managed to pull out two shirts, one for her and one for Garter and looked towards Cain. “Thanks” she said. “You’ve been nicer than we deserve” she admitted. “I… we’re not really used to being around new people” Cain probably knew that already. ”we’ve not really been out for a long time and Garter? She’s not really used to the human world at all, I’m hardly that well versed so uh….sorry if our questions get in your nerves a bit. Most of the time we’d just get ignored, or punished for asking too many questions” she revealed. “It was best to keep your mouth shut unless told otherwise” She sat on the bed and gave him a gentle smile. “You can ask us stuff too though. I can see you’re curious, i won’t be offended if you want to know. It might help to talk about really”

(Oh yeah, Lucy definitely had feelings for Ellie.
If Johann and Ellie married though, I feel like Ellie would be much more able to keep him in line. Like I don't think she'd put up with his antics for a minute. I could imagine her and Victor both teasing him a lot as well. )

Mari was soon encouraging Garter to take the next shower, And the young woman seemed a bit hesitant. But eventually nodded. Heading towards the bathroom with a bit of uncertainty. But Mari ensuring they'd be near put her a bit at ease. Soon enough then it was just Cain and Mari left alone. The man stretching out on the bed for a moment before sitting up. Listening to Mari talk. Expression soft. "Its fine, Don't worry. I... Enjoy the company. " He expressed. It was nice to have some companionship. He'd been alone for some time. Besides, The girls seemed to need some help. They'd been locked up for a long time.

Mari was offering to answer questions. Cain could think of some questions certainly. But... Despite her words he was still wary of asking to much. He didn't want to bring up any bad memories. Cain though in the end asked. "H...How long were you both trapped there? " Mari might not know how much time had passed though he realized. Though she likely had some vague idea. Garter didn't seem to know much about life outside of the vampires home. So he could merely guess in her case.

Cain then said softly. "I noticed the illusion magic when I was running from the vampires home. I assume that was you? How well can you cast? " If she was experienced. Well, It would provide some extra further protection should the vampires find them. If not... Well, It was something she certainly should practice on further. Cain could see the use in it easily. They needed to be ready for whatever was to come.

(I think Ellie grew fond of Lucy as well, depending on how Lucy ended up, I could see Ellie inviting her over. I think it’d amuse her to annoy Johann by also seeing his sister and I understand that Lucy wouldn’t want to be used like a pawn but I don’t think it’d just be that to Ellie, she would enjoy Lucy’s company and another person to stand up to Johann and put him in his place.
Johann would probably regret a few life decisions when Victor and Ellie gang up on him, they’d keep him on his toes, especially as Ellie got more confident with Handling Johann and understanding him better once she found out about his parents. Once she knew about Alicia it was almost like a spell was broken, she could see him a bit clearer and wasn’t so mystified by him.)

Cain was still holding back probably the more burning questions he had and she understood that he was trying To not upset her too much but she figured locking it up in her mind would give it more power over her and she didn’t want that. Besides, it’d be therapeutic for someone to truly understand how debased Eve and her family were. She quirked her lips. “It depends, what year is it?” But it seemed she was teasing him a little, she’d caught glimpses of calendars and find like. “Too long” she said. “probably about a decade” she said give or take a little, fairies preferred to use nature as a clock than human methods. “Garter was only a kid when she got captured, at least I was a bit older” she said although she wasn’t sure how much Garter would want her to reveal and she didn’t know the full story either, just the snippets she’d caught off her friend.

Oh he’d seen her magic? “Depends on my energy, how stressed I am, how hard I’m concentrating” she explained. “But I’ve never cast anything too big, the wolves were one of my bigger illusions. I don’t get to use it that often so I’m rusty, besides using it the bedroom, Eve mainly just liked to see how furniture of clothes would look” small petty things that Mari had just felt relieved to be able to walk around for. “I mean I can do other things but again I need practice” She told him “I can call butterflies, it’s not really that useful a skill unless you’re trying to pollinate something” she shrugged. “and I’ve got fairy dust which is useful“ It was used in a lot of stronger spells or potions. As she’d said to Johann earlier it was a powerful aphrodisiac but mostly it was what the intent put into it was. If you wanted to help someone fly then that’s the power you’d put into your fairy dust or if you wanted to shrink someone, make them invisible, that’s the intent you’d use but it had been a long time and Mari was not as well practiced as some others would be. Mainly her fairy dust was used to protect her wings or entice Eve and her friends in the bedroom.

”so…how old actually are you?” She couldn’t help but ask. He clearly aged like a vampire so she wondered how long he’d been on the run. Fairies were admittedly similar in the aging department, they were around longer than humans and she’d heard of some really old fairies although never personally met any fairies older than about 150. They weren’t immortal but they did have a slower lifecycle.
(I wasn’t really sure how long to say they were captured for or really how old they are. I figured maybe Mari was in her twenties and captured as a teen?)

(Lucy and Ellie def had some cute moments. I could imagine if Ellie was seeing her on the side it would be very easy for Lucy to start feeling used. But also, I don't think that would really make Lucy leave. Like Lucy went threw a lot, And Ellie is something that has kept her grounded during a good bit of it. She'd want to hang on to that security.
As for ages, Hmm.. I imagine Garter is probable about 21 or so? So maybe Mari is around the same age, Or slightly older? I imagine Lucy and Johann are probable a bit older, Though I'm not sure how much? Maybe in there 30's? )

Cain listened to her sympathetically. It seemed both her and Garter had been locked away for a long time. Cain would need to do his best to make sure that didn't happen again. But it could be something easier said then done. She described her use of magic, And mentioned using it in the bedroom. Something that made Cain frown. But he tried not to let his thoughts linger on that. Still, Her spells could be useful should they ever get in trouble again. And Cain thought when they got a chance it might be good to encourage Mari to further practice. Maybe they could find someone else skilled with such magic? Get her a tutor! Cain would need to keep that in mind. He paused though when the questions were turned on him.

Cain gave a teasing smile at that. Saying. "Don't you know its rude to ask some ones age? " He pointed out. He then shook his head. Explaining. "I'm 51. I... And I'll just say, I think I look pretty good for my age. " That number might surprise Mari. Cain only appeared to be in his early twenties. He then confessed honestly. "I... I think thats been one of the more difficult things for me to wrap my head around. " It had taken him a while to realize he didn't age normally. And it was a bitter thing to think about. Many of his friends and family continued to grow old. He would perhaps outlive most of his companions in life. But it perhaps would give Garter and Mari some comfort, He'd been alive for sometime. He'd know how to keep them out of trouble.

Cain then asked. "What about you? How old are you? I.. Don't suppose fairies age slowly, Do they? " And maybe his tone was a bit hopeful. It was understandable. Cain wanted some companionship in life. Companions who wouldn't age faster then him. Sure, He had the werewolves. But Cain was very much aware he'd likely outlive them. That was a thought he didn't want to think too much about at the moment. So he soon forced such out of his mind.

(yeah I think an interesting part of Ellie’s personality is that she also likes to use people, she isn’t too dissimilar from Johann and Lucy in that she likes looking out for number one but she’s maybe a bit less ruthless about it. She’s a bit more playful in her manipulation. She’s not actively trying to hurt people but she is also still self serving At times. I think she’s be quite happy to string Lucy along although she would care for her so not using her completely but not not using her.

Yeah, early thirties ish? Although I again imagine Johann isn’t really much more than a teenager at heart. I do have an interesting image though of them Being about the same age as Mari and Garter, like if they’d been there that long they’d essentially seen them grow up and turn into who they are now. Withwray they’ve known them for a long time!)

Mari rolled her eyes at his teasing. “Yeah well my people skills need a brush up” she replied, he was bound to get a few rude questions from them, his age was pretty low down on the list so far, she’d been asking about the blood he was drinking earlier! 51? Huh, not ancient then, although not a kid and not as young as he looked. She smiled in amusement “you look alright” she said as if she were trying to spare his feelings but her grin made it obvious she was playing.

He wanted to know about fairies which was fair enough and she sat on the bed, laying out and tiling her head to look at him. “25, 26, I’m not sure exactly” she admitted, it was hard to keep track of days exactly and it’s not like they celebrated her birthday. “Mmm, you’re in luck, we don’t age like humans, or werewolves” she agreed. “We keep on going, probably until our magic gives out” she shrugged, it wasn’t something she had to think about for a while but she’d look fairly young for a while, like now she didn’t look much younger than her real age but her ageing had definitely slowed, although some of that might never be seeing the sun.

”I’ve never asked Garter actually. It was miserable to think how long I might actually live in a cage, made me wish for something shorter” she admitted. “But…being free? Maybe it’ll be alright if I’m not too lonely” she didn’t exactly plan to go back to the fairies, they’d never come for her and unless she was taking some form of revenge, she didn’t really want to be talking to her old community. She didn’t want to be alone though, to live long and suffer solitude, no she’d rather a companion. “it must be hard living on your own” Mari murmured looking at Cain carefully. “especially being part werewolf, I know they run in packs. You don’t seem like you’re made to be a solitary creature” he was too nice, too Easy to accept their presence to be a true loner. It must be so difficult for him to contemplate life alone, without a pack or friends that would love as long as him, no family. “Would you like a family?” She asked quietly. ”I don’t want to go back to mind but it must be different if it’s one you’ve picked, who’s picked you” Then there might be a bit more loyalty. “I cant say if id ever want children but it might be nice in the early years to be so close” To actually love someone enough, trust someone enough to have a child with them? That was….hard to imagine.

(Yeah, Honestly they all are such fun and interesting characters. I feel like it would be weird for Charles to see Lucy and Ellie together. Like, I could imagine him being rather confused when he finds out about it.
Oh, I like both ideas. Since Garter was a little kid when she was captured, she would have seen them pretty young probable if they were close to her age. I'm cool with whichever route we go with! )

Cain did a mock gasp at her words as she said he looked alright. Though it was clear it was all playful. It seemed Mari was fairly young still. But the news she'd live for a while? Well, That was calming to hear. Hopefully Garter was the same, Though Garter herself might not know for certain, The girl had not seemed to know too much about her species. But that was understandable. It seemed even Mari hadn't had a chance to ask Garter.

They had freedom now, and it seemed the talk was moving more on what to do with that freedom. She spoke of worrying about getting lonely, And that was something Cain could relate very much with. She asked if he wanted a family and Cain glanced away. He then after a moment confessed. "I... I always wanted kids. Just to have a domestic life. " The idea of settling down, Getting married and raising a family. It had always appealed to him. But such seemed a unlikely future. He wasn't even sure he could have biological children. Perhaps adoption? But then unless he found a creature with a life span much like his... Then he'd have to watch them fade eventually from old age. Even putting all that aside, His lifestyle made it difficult. He had to constantly be moving. It was hard to open up and let others into his life considering what it involved. Over all? A lot of things had prevented Cain from that future.

Cain then said. "I often used to wish Robin, Crow and... Hawk were mine. " He expression turned sadder when he mentioned Hawk's name. Swallowing. He then said. "I used to visit them whenever I came into town. I remember when they were tiny pups. " He cared about them deeply. Had cared about there mother. It seemed Hawk's loss was beginning to hit him. Maybe because this was the first moment he'd been able to sit down and process it. Cain then said softly. "I... I'm sorry, I just need to step outside for a moment and get some fresh air. I'll be just outside the door. " He murmured. Standing up. Seemed he needed a moment to himself.

(Yeah, he’d want Lucy to be happy though but I can see him not wanting to get involved. He doesn’t want to know what goes on in their household between his friends, sister and ex-girlfriend. Plus with Orpheus about being brother to both Ellie and Victor although he’s treated basically as victor’s baby so might not be too weird.
I can see them maybe a little bit older than Garter, same sort of age as Mari so they saw them grow up a bit even if not from super young.)

Mari wasn’t surprised by Cain wanting a family, he seemed like he craved companionship and the werewolf in him was probably screaming for a pack. It was….sad the way he’d longed after the other wolves. Sweet as well she guessed but more heartbreaking. He'd known their mother, had seen them as pups, tried to look out for them and now? Now Hawk was dead. This conversation certainly helped bring back the guilt and self hatred and clearly it was too much for Cain and that was more than fair.

”okay, take…take all the time you need.“ she said, it probably didn’t help him to be around the people responsible for getting Hawk killed. It made her chest twist a little that he was leaving but she couldn’t force him to stay, he wouldn’t be far, just….she hoped he’d be back soon. “I’m here if you need me” she murmured quietly before looking up at the ceiling with a sigh. This was a mess. Hopefully when Garter came out the shower she wouldn’t freak out that Cain was no longer in the room. She didn’t know how to help Cain, she’d always heard time helped but she was pretty sure that wasn’t true, things never got less painfully, you just got more painful things to pile on top that made you think less about the first lot.

(Lmao, I can see Charles just walking into there house. Then immediately seeing all the chaos then turning around and walking out.
I like that! Them being close to Mari's age. Btw, For the wolves. I figure Hawk was 28, Crow is probable about 24 or 25. And Robin is probable around 18 or 19.)

It didn't take to much longer before Garter was stepping out the bathroom. A towel around her. Pausing as she noticed Cain was gone. Though she assumed he was not far judging by Mari's relaxed demeaner. She thus was soon walking over. Saying. "The shower was nice. Its.. I didn't realize how much dirt had gotten on me. " She said, Not all had been dirt and mud. Some had been blood. A thought she tried not linger on. Gently she then picked up the shirt laid out. And well- It was certainly a bit too big for her. But it would perhaps be a nice night shirt to wear. so Garter soon was moving towards the bathroom to pull it on. Glad for the extra privacy the place allowed.

Privacy... It hadn't been a common thing back with the vampires. It had always felt like back then someone was staring. Now, No curious eyes were around to peer at her and Garter found herself glad. Pulling on the clothes and stepping out. She walked over towards Mari and sat down. Asking softly. "Did... Did Cain step outside? " Her tone curious as she glanced towards Mari.

(Should we go ahead and timeskip. Maybe to the next day? Or we could do Johann and Lucy going after Robin? )

(Yeah he’s quite protective of Ellie and Lucy so would want them to be treated right but he does not want to know what goes in in their personal lives, thinks it way too much info.

yeah we can timeskip. Johann and Lucy going after Robin I reckon. That’s going to be horrible really, Hawk died trying to rescue him and they’re going to kidnap him again!)

Johann was feeling displeased. The girls had gotten away, the hybrid had gotten away and his new little toy had escaped too. Hawk at least was dead but they needed to rectify this situation, it made them look weak and he didn’t like that. Eve hadn’t said too many words on the problem but it was clear she wanted her pets back and she wanted her children to step up. She was very good at giving looks that said a lot. Johann would not particularly call himself a people pleaser but the indoctrination from his youth made him want to earn his mother’s approval, although perhaps that was all sons and not just him.

So, Johann had been a bit touchy since the incident. He wanted it fixed and he wanted to forget about this whole thing and just play with his let werewolf. Except he needed a pet werewolf for that to be able to happen. He didn’t blame Lucy as such except it was kind of her fault for letting them get away and his sister really should know better. At least Johann had the excuse of being up against the unknown with the hybrid. He’d made sure to let the other pets know they wouldn’t have the same luck. He didn’t want any of them getting any ideas to do something stupid and Damage themselves.

Johann needed to let off some steam really. He’d been too annoyed to really spend any time with a friend or victim in the bedroom, no he needed something a bit more….energetic to get his tension out. He was probably annoying Lucy by now, pacing like a panther in a cage, oh the troubles of being close with your twin is that when they had a problem, they became your problem! He wasn’t usually so showy with his tension but he was annoyed and Lucy already knew that, maybe his irritation would urge her to do something.

(I feel like Johann and Eve have a much more twisted relationship than they have with other people, like even with Eve and Lucy I feel she’s definitely done some extra work on Johann.)

(Yeah! I think Crow's going to be in a difficult position. Like rescuing Robin is going to seem impossible. They barely got him last time. And she has her niece to think about, If something happens to Crow? Well, Her niece isn't going to have any werewolf family left to teach her about being a werewolf.
Also yeah, I agree. Eve probable can tell that Lucy doesn't have the same sort of aggression as Johann. So thats probable given her further reason to focus on him. )

Johann was agitated and it seemed he wanted to make sure the world was aware of such. Lucy certainly knew it. But she'd decided to be a good sister. Had done some sweet talking and looking around. And thus finally had come up with a lead. Of course, Johann probable could have eventually tracked Robin down himself. But... His methods normally involved more threats. And sometimes a more subtle hand helped. The young woman had eventually sought out Johann to give him the good news. Stood in the doorway of his room, Leaning against the doorframe. Observing the man for a moment and well.. His frustration was clear in the air. But Lucy simply let it hang there for a bit. Before finally asking. "Hey Johann? Who's your favorite sister? " He only had one sister they knew of. So perhaps a pointless question. But Lucy had a large grin on her face.

Lucy waited a moment before humming. "I did some asking around, And I located where your little puppy is staying. Are you up for a hunt? " Though she had a good idea of what the answer would be. The two of them had lost a lot of their recent battles. Those escaped prisoners were turning out to be a real hassle. But that werewolf boy hadn't seemed the cleverest of the bunch. He shouldn't be too difficult to catch and they could use a win. Would perhaps break this losing streak.

Lucy then said. "Of course, If you don't want your pet back thats fine. " She shrugged playfully. Of course she knew Johann wanted him back. Johann was not someone eager to lose his toys. And he'd been rather fond of Robin. Lucy almost felt sorry for the werewolf. But oh well. Hopefully Johann wouldn't break him.

(eve had definitely done some messed up stuff to him.
Poor Robin with no one else to look out for him!)

Lucy, what did she want? To mock him? He wasn’t in the mood snd he was about to send her away when she revealed good news. She’d found his toy! How fun. It wasnt a fix to everything but it’d at least please Johann. He grinned, too many Teeth and sharp edge of pleasure in his eyes. “Just when I was starting to think you were my least favourite sister” he teased because obviously, only one sister. Lucy had pulled through for him, maybe he should praise her again? She’d seemed to like that last time but no maybe he’d wait until they actually had Robin.

”go on then, show me where my puppy is” Johann insisted using Licy’s less this. Friendlt nickname for Robin. Did Johann even know Robin’s name? The boy had said it at one point but Johann didn’t really care, he’d call Robin whatever he wanted. Robin on the other hand mind not forget Johann’s name seeing as he’d carved it into the man’s chest, Johann would be interested to see how that was healing. Johann moved to his counters, snatching up some handcuffs and a gag, which was probably more used for the bedroom than kidnapping activities but would do for now. Besides, if he bit Robin again he could probably just walk him right out of there with little protest.

(sorry for the short post, I wrote it out snd then it deleted so got a bit annoyed)

(No worries! )

Johann was soon perking up at the news that Lucy had found his little pet. She thus was grinning. Motioning for him to follow her as she explained. "Him and his sister seem to be staying at a hotel not to far away. " They probable thought staying in a more public area would give them better protection. It did mean they had to be a bit more careful, But Johann and Lucy were skilled. It would not be too difficult for them. Lucy was leading the way outside, Taking a moment to lazily stretch before making her way towards Johann's car. He always tended to have plenty of tools in the thing. Johann was someone that often seemed prepared for anything. Which was good, Because it ment Lucy didn't have to bother getting supplies together. Flopping down into the passenger seat.

Lucy then said. "From what I can tell, His sister normally is gone during most of the day. So he should be alone. " See, Lucy was such a good sister. Scoping out the place ahead of time for Johann. But that did leave the question... Crow. Did they just go in, Grab Robin and leave? Or did they deal with Crow? They could stick around. Ambush and kill her when she returned home. It ment they had one less problem to deal with. As Crow had shown herself to be a problem considering that little rescue job she did.

But, Lucy was also having other ideas. Asking. "Think that group knows that hybrid well? I was thinking, If we leave the she-wolf alive. She'll probably try and get that hybrid to help rescue the puppy again. " Lucy shot a grin at Johann. Musing. "We can lay out a little trap for them if they do come. Get two birds with one stone. " Lucy mused. Would Robin be tempting enough bait to lure that hybrid? They might be wary about returning to a vampires home. So Lucy supposed it depended on how important Robin was to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back