• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Detailed Naruto AU (Alternate Universe) RP?

What elements from the show should be copied/used as they are?

• History (Such as 3 wars, not the same details behind them)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kekkei Genkai (Bloodline Limits)

• Tailed Beasts (Not Jinchuuriki)

• Jinchuuriki

• Villages

• Technology ( Modern-ish without guns)

• Academy (Ages for Genin coming out of the Academy)

• Promotion Structure (aka Chuunin Exams, ect.)

• Time Skip (Period for characters to rapidly grow/advance time a few years)

• Not Interested

• Total voters
@Siri

Aye, Kenjutsu would fall under taijutsu. They are very similar so I figured it would make sense, granted how they use it is different, in the end its likely to be some form of martial art.

Note taken as far as Ninjutsu goes. It was more of a backwards way of having intellegence without it dictating everything... though maybe its good to have it as its own thing still mostly for the idea of planning and then countering said plan.

I'm trying to keep it simple for sure just for ease. There are lot of factors that really do effect it. Having stuff like speed or seals just add more complexity to it and take too much time really adding to figuring out stuff, its a big reason why I wanted to trim out the extras in the stats so it can be useful as well for general RP. I was thinking mentioning specialization as well just as a snip it in just for characters to have what they are good at mentioned specifically. At the moment I'm leaning at...

Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Genjutsu, Stamina, Intelligence, Perception, Stealth

Ninjutsu - General Ninjutsu stuff... biggest catagory. Possibly would be a factor in how much Jutsu someone knows, I'd probably do a chart for it since I don't wanna do some complex formula if I do so. ^^;;

Taijutsu - Hand to Hand, also including Kenjutsu being similiar in their practice.

Genjutsu - All sorts of Illusions. Also considers the individual being able to counter them if caught in one.

Stamina - A person's energy. Basically how much jutsu they can throw around and how long they can fight for.

Intelligence - General intelligence of an individual. It might include combat tactics and the likes, though generally a more broad catagory to see if your an idiot or not which should reflect in the RP :P

Perception - The ability to see details or chakra and make out fine details. Would be a counter to stealth

Stealth - Ability to hide or slip away from an enemy (aka replacement techniques and all). Ability to hide items and all that. Works against perception.

Thanks! I have a great image of what a part of the actual city looks like as well which I found pretty fitting.Just gotta fiddle a little with the image to avoid any unwanted objects. xD

If anyone has any extra ideas of what might be good of those stats above to change or have another to add feel free. Just remember its meant in some part to be used as a reference for the RP and as a way to stack up between fighters. I'm trying to keep it simple primarily for that reason. ^^;;

I have a general hook done. Its an early draft so it might be fixed up/changed. I figured I'd share it though to see how everyone likes it as a small little introduction to the plot. ^^

The land of Umarekawari is a place of temporary peace and constant battle. The region consists of several regions, in those 5 great Ninja Villages reside taking control of the region. The great villages stand as the epitome of what every village sought to be. They have prestige and wealth funding them. They were the backbone of any region they are apart of, their influence expanding out beyond their boarders. It was the dream of many young shinobi to be to be part of such a village. Not everyone is born with such a chance.

Kemurigakure (Village Hidden in the Smoke) is just a small village established long ago by Koseki, an industrial city established by merchants pushing the various inventions and the various technology that fills the world. It's very existence was ravaged by its involvement in the last war, leaving the once slowly growing village a hallowed husk. It was used by the alliance it became part of in the war and withdrawn only to be ostracized and left to wither away and die. Even Koseki which had funded it long ago has all but abandoned its financial support leaving the village to struggle to get by.

The newest generation of ninja from Kemuri has finished the academy rising up to take the mantle of being ninja. Will the next generation be able to pick up the shattered ruins of the village and allow it to find a place in the harsh world as a place worthy of respect or even to be acknowledged?

Pushing to get the RP worked out, I've decided to toss in the village names. Given most suggestions were pitched as small side villages and nothing was mentioned as far as wanting them to be larger villages, I've decided to fill out the rest. I'm going to be adding in a bit more of the history outline, primarily to make it easier to skim through pointing out alliances or important great villages.

Great Villages

Fire Nature: Okigakure (Village Hidden in the Embers)

Earth Nature: Chikagakure (Village Hidden under the Earth)

Water Nature: Namigakure (Village Hidden in the Wave)

Lightning Nature: Sougengakure (Village Hidden in the Grasslands)

Wind Nature: Tougengakure (Village Hidden in the Tundra)

Hopefully the general names/hinting of the origins is entertaining, I'll eventually put a snip it of the three I created up. ^^

Uhh... Clearly my Kashigakure was denied by the looks of that... Dammit... There goes my hopes and dreams.

I was honestly wanting it as a village, soo... Forgive me for being so emotional about it not passing as a village... Don't let my disappointment get in the way though, still a great RP that I'll probably join regardless of my Kashigakure :x

Well, its not exactly a village that makes sense when you're making a setting where things are more grim/serious tone. It would be like bring a disco ball to a funeral, it would be so out of place. ^^;;

'Eh, can I perhaps at least manifest my desire for a village through a dark channel by creating some sorta evil Kage of one a' the villages? Really jsut a request, not even a big one at that as It's just me wanting to still do some kinda contribution as I've only had my Kashigakure idea :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean if you want to contribute feel free, probably not as some Kage (not really bothering with them yet). There isn't exactly an 'evil' Kage either, its a much more morally grey kind of scenario. The evil would be much more in line with the Great Beasts if there is going to be something purely 'evil'. :P

If you do got general ideas for the villages (the latter 3 being ones I created) feel free to pitch the idea using that general mold. I only vaguely have the basics plotted out for them. Otherwise you might contribute through your character given some kind of background might work towards adding to the village or something to some extent (so long as its not too crazy). I'd not be opposed to there being the "Donut Village" as a shop in the town your character happens to be the child of the owner. xD

Hanarei said:
'd not be opposed to there being the "Donut Village" as a shop in the town your character happens to be the child of the owner
That idea's no good... I didn't come up with it myself, so it's not my contribution... I wanted to contribute through my own ideas, but now I feel like you're contributing ideas to me >///< I'll still use the donut shop idea though...

Also, I'll at least try and build off of that, maybe see if I can get it to become a fundamental part of the village in some way... Perhaps the first food shop the village ever had, and a building that's survived through all that's happened with the owners having been my character's family since it's start? Of course, not current family, but stuff like my char's grandfather, great grandmother, etc. etc. :x

Also, I should soo have my character's parents like, leave for a while due to circumstances, thus leaving my character to have to take care of the shop full-time on top of already being a full-time ninja-in-training X3

Well if you got a good idea for a village feel free to pitch, I could change it up, though I wasn't getting any real ones pitched so I just had to throw together my own for those. ^^:;

It would be very hard to even try running a shop while doing ninja stuff haha xD

Alright, I have sketched out the Character Sheets, I primarily want to post them here to ask if they are clear enough or if I should simplify them a bit. I tried to make them clean though I can understand if they can be confusing since i do use some of the BB code to try and keep them tidy. Just give me a shout if there is any issue so I can adjust them. Just keep in mind that this might not be the final version of the character sheets I'll use (nor do I really put the guideline for the stats in for how much you can put) so while you can start working on filling it out, just note it might change. I'm posting this up mostly to see a general impression people have of it so I can fix anything up before I post the final draft up. ^^;;

Also, I'll be trying to put an interest check thread up with the finalized idea today at some point and hopefully have the thread up tomorrow for the RP itself, at the very least by Monday with the hopes of sorting out the general teams next week whenever everyone gets them all sorted out. ^^

@Fallacy @ValkyrieRose @Kiyoko Tomoe @Kinzu Hekmatyar @Kishune @Siri @DaughterofAthena @Kyubi @TheSilentAkuma @Edward Valentine @Lazy Rocktime @GizmoJr @Edgey @SummerWolf

*Character Image Here*

Name Here

CSHead_Basics_zpseyfguw1x.jpg

Name:

Nickname:

Date of Birth:

Height:

Weight:

Sexuality:

CSHead_Background_zpsmsfitoiu.jpg

• Personality:

(At least a solid Paragraph or two)

Dislikes

✔ Like1

✔ Like2

✔ Like3

✔ Like4

× Dislike1

× Dislike2

× Dislike3

× Dislike4

CSHead_Stats_zpskulqz1ka.jpg

Ninjutsu Taijutsu Genjutsu Stamina Intelligence Perception Stealth Total
Ninjutsu# Taijutsu# Genjutsu# Stamina# Intelligence# Perception# Stealth# Total#

Specialization: (What is your character the best at and focuses upon the most?)

Kekkei Genkai:

Details:

CSHead_Arsenal_zps1o0ietve.jpg

Equipment

• List

Special Items

ITEMNAME

(Appearance and Description here)

CSHead_Jutsu_zpspn8mhmkr.jpg

• Rank D

Jutsu Name

Rank C

Jutsu Name

I am sorry for my inactivity, I didn't get any alerts about this thread. But few I didn't miss the RP coming out

(I going to post/edit in my thoughts on the recent posts now)

Just checking to see if it is too late to show my interest for this and have a spot. Haven't been on this website in a while and didn't plan on staying until I saw this. I'm really interested and I think it seems like a lot of fun.

@Check Sure, this was more for general interest and world building, I was leaving it open for recruitment in general for when I would create the actual thread. I'm posting the actual interest check soon with the solidified idea sometime soon to see how much more attention it might grab, while putting up the thread itself in a day or two for people to actually sign up and join.

(For further reference I never want to come across as rude and I am somewhat tired so my writing may be crap and mistake ridden despite my editing)

@Check it is never too late!

This is my disagreeable views on:

The Point System

1. Ninjutsu- Battles of ninjutsus is determined by application of jutsus and advantages jutsus have over other jutsus, so a point system wouldn't help in fights that much, though it could be used for learning ninjutsu/showing how much ninjutsu learned but not how skillfull a person is at a certain jutsu as that is specific for that Jutsu.
  2. Taijutsu- I say it should be spilt into the following 4 groups (maybe it could be spilt into sub groups and potentially renamed Physical Ability)
  3. Technique-stances, fluency, amount of formal training. May retain the name Taijustu as Taijutsu is about technique.
  4. Strength-'ow 'ard ya 'it. (how hard you hit)
  5. Speed-how fast you are.
  6. Agility and Reflexes- How quick you are to react and how quickly you can change your direction.
  7. Genjutsu-In the official Naruto lore, genjutsu is when you mold your chakra to make an disturbence in an enemies chakra circulatory system. This is done by making Yin release chakra and placing it into the opents body. (Yin release chakra is charkra which is molded to be at a spiritual, physical ratio of 2:1 and yes I just used this to explain how genjutsu works.)
  8. Stamina- May be subbed under Physical Combat.
  9. Intelligence-The system should not have intelligence category, as it fall under most of the other categories and is a aspect dictated mainly by the personality of the charecter and writing style of the RPer.
  10. Perception- Porably should also help against genjutsu.
  11. Stealth- Should be helped by genjutsu.

My only problem with the amazing CS is that there is a sexuality thing. I personally am against defining sexuality straight away because the writer may change their mind as they write but are limited to what they wrote in the CS. Admittedly you can retcon it but only a certatain manga artist likes to do that *cough*Masashi Kishimoto*cough*

(I am joking he doesn't enjoy doing it)

Besides not pointlessly defining it will make it un-retcon-able (definitely a real word). I still think people should think about the sexuality of their character though.

Who needs a ramen stand, We have The Donut Village! With the best prices in town! Technically the only prices, but still, there the best.

(I want to add that Ino runned the flower shop sometimes in canon)

@Kiyoko Tomoe don't be disheartened, thinking up the donut village gave us a laugh and gave @Hamstring (dam you auto correct) I mean @Hanarei a idea, that is contributing, and more then most people in this thread (I still love you lurkers). But still talk add more if ya want.

Oh and do you want to team? (you never answered.) My character is going to have a sweet food obsession (mainly donuts) and as your character is related to the donut shop owner they could've became friends that way If you want.

Concerning my to be Named Character

Due to the above mentioned donut obsession, I thought of drawing more inspiration from Naruto and decided to make their motivation the same for similar reasons because I am original and creative:

(This is part of her bio presented in a very badely writin way.)

So she was raised by a single sturgling parent (the other died in the war before) who died when she was 7 because of a factory accident. Being too young and weak to work, she was then sent off to a orphanage who paid her little attention due to the overwhelming amount of children orphaned by the war. At age 11 she was forced out of orphanage because they desperately needed space.

(This will be rewritten and finished for my CS)

I really hope that not everyone backstory is as dark, and I won't make her a clone of Naruto and I need sleep and sometimes else and blah blah blah.

On a side note her personality is a mix between Hinata's (everyone's favourite Kunoichi) and Naruto's because that is pretty similar to my real life personality.

The map suggestion is going to come after I 've redrawn it a million times, I can't do anything fancy because one of my laptop's hinges melted and the entire thing overheated. Oh and I also have to take in consideration the new villages added in the thread and Hidden Ember is much better idea then Hidden by Buring Leaves.

Oh and on the subject of village names I went on to Google translate to find a few names for the earth nation:

Hōsekigakure- Village Hidden in Gems/Jewels/Gemstones

Daiyamondogakure-Village Hidden in Diamonds

Vajragakure-Village Hidden in Diamonds

Emerarudogakure-Village Hidden in Emeralds

Rubīgakure-Village Hidden in Rubies

Out of theses I am leaning towards Hōsekigakure and if one of them is chosen I currently only have the idea that there is a rare crystal bloodline which seemingly appears randomly in people living there and that it particularly gives you kageship.

Jishingakure- Village Hidden by Earthquakes

Nadaregakure-Village Hidden by Avalanches

If nobody else wants to expand on theses I will happily do so.

@Kyubi

Stats TL:DR - I'm trying to keep it simple enough while still being useful, thus why I took out a lot of the catagories from the default stats like that strength and speed since its overly cumbersome to deal with, and I want them to be a small reflection of the character and a reference, not some crazy overly complicated system. Its meant as a vague guide or reference over the ultimate dictating factor. ^^;;

Ninjutsu - The way I see this being is reflecting both how much Ninjutsu someone has, as well as their potential with it. Its less to do with knowing how to counter and more so the assortment of techniques someone used and the overall strength they possess with it. Someone with say a score of 5 in Ninjutsu could use the same technique as someone with a rank of 1 and likely blow them away with it. For example

Wind Release: Great Breakthrough Specifically mentions this with the technique.
Taijutsu - From my Short TL:DR, its just far to much to be putting down and makes things far too complicated when factoring in things. Really how would you determine when one part beats another? Its just overly convoluted and really makes things tricky to figure out. As much as I'm into system based games at times, I really didn't see this RP going into such a territor, I'd rather it be much more organic then forced in based completely off the numbers, I like it just being as a rough estimation point.

Stamina - Stamina isn't just endurance, its also deals with an individuals Chakra. Its a bit more then just physical, its very much linked with everything in some form or another.

Intelligence - Honestly intelligence for me goes beyond the categories. You can have an idiot who is skilled in some areas (aka a good example being naruto :P ). I had debated this as I wanted it to be more done on the player side, but I primarily elected to keep it as it can be a reference point mostly. I can see it being used as a way to deal with some types of Genjutsu or figuring out stuff.

Perception - Aye, I see it being able to worked against Genjutsu as well, particularly with someone developing a keener grasp on sensory techniques. :P

Stealth- If your meaning it working against Genjutsu... then it really wouldn't. That said, it could be used to slip away before some Genjutsu is cast using substitution technique, but it wouldn't really help much verse types of Genjutsu such as sound based Genjutsu at all.

Sexuality wise it's primarily there for the sake I know people like to put that stuff. I guess in a way to stop awkwardness between characters, since I do know a lot on the roleplay front tend to branch out from the normal 'straight' pairing and I figure its nice to include that. If someone changes their sexuality for some reason, it could always be changed by them.

Character background wise, I'd only note that academy age would be about 6 or so when children get into it. Given your character was part of the village in some way at that point, its likely the village itself would find a way to help her out giving her a place to live either with some adopted family or under a watchful eye of someone. Its possible if you like for her to be in the orphanage to go along that angle where she just ventures to the academy to learn if you like to push that angle, or ultimately if you wanted something along the lines of your character secretly not being in the orphanage for whatever reason they could try and hide that fact from those in the village. I don't see them actively abandoning a young shinobi in training if they can, even if it means having to do some strange work around to try and support them.

As far as the Earth Nation goes, that one was actually pitched by @Siri with a backstory for it all developed out. Its not one of the ones I tossed together. ^^;;

@Kyubi

Stats TL:DR - I'm trying to keep it simple enough while still being useful, thus why I took out a lot of the catagories from the default stats like that strength and speed since its overly cumbersome to deal with, and I want them to be a small reflection of the character and a reference, not some crazy overly complicated system. Its meant as a vague guide or reference over the ultimate dictating factor. ^^;;

Ninjutsu - The way I see this being is reflecting both how much Ninjutsu someone has, as well as their potential with it. Its less to do with knowing how to counter and more so the assortment of techniques someone used and the overall strength they possess with it. Someone with say a score of 5 in Ninjutsu could use the same technique as someone with a rank of 1 and likely blow them away with it. For example

Wind Release: Great Breakthrough Specifically mentions this with the technique.
Taijutsu - From my Short TL:DR, its just far to much to be putting down and makes things far too complicated when factoring in things. Really how would you determine when one part beats another? Its just overly convoluted and really makes things tricky to figure out. As much as I'm into system based games at times, I really didn't see this RP going into such a territor, I'd rather it be much more organic then forced in based completely off the numbers, I like it just being as a rough estimation point.

Stamina - Stamina isn't just endurance, its also deals with an individuals Chakra. Its a bit more then just physical, its very much linked with everything in some form or another.

Intelligence - Honestly intelligence for me goes beyond the categories. You can have an idiot who is skilled in some areas (aka a good example being naruto :P ). I had debated this as I wanted it to be more done on the player side, but I primarily elected to keep it as it can be a reference point mostly. I can see it being used as a way to deal with some types of Genjutsu or figuring out stuff.

Perception - Aye, I see it being able to worked against Genjutsu as well, particularly with someone developing a keener grasp on sensory techniques. :P

Stealth- If your meaning it working against Genjutsu... then it really wouldn't. That said, it could be used to slip away before some Genjutsu is cast using substitution technique, but it wouldn't really help much verse types of Genjutsu such as sound based Genjutsu at all.

Sexuality wise it's primarily there for the sake I know people like to put that stuff. I guess in a way to stop awkwardness between characters, since I do know a lot on the roleplay front tend to branch out from the normal 'straight' pairing and I figure its nice to include that. If someone changes their sexuality for some reason, it could always be changed by them.

Character background wise, I'd only note that academy age would be about 6 or so when children get into it. Given your character was part of the village in some way at that point, its likely the village itself would find a way to help her out giving her a place to live either with some adopted family or under a watchful eye of someone. Its possible if you like for her to be in the orphanage to go along that angle where she just ventures to the academy to learn if you like to push that angle, or ultimately if you wanted something along the lines of your character secretly not being in the orphanage for whatever reason they could try and hide that fact from those in the village. I don't see them actively abandoning a young shinobi in training if they can, even if it means having to do some strange work around to try and support them.

As far as the Earth Nation goes, that one was actually pitched by @Siri with a backstory for it all developed out. Its not one of the ones I tossed together. ^^;;

(Are we still going to use this thread?)

I quess it's more of a very convulted mixture of both.

Sure I quess we should just explain their taijutsu stuff. (I did think it could be complicated but again I was tired)

Stamina- That is why I said may.

Intelligence- That makes sense (the first part was what I said just rephrased).

Stealth- I said that it should be helped by it because in cannon people use basic genjutsu to help hide.

So they should think about their charecters sexuality, (what you said is what I meant when I said this.)

I was thinking that she could of got her own apartment, maybe she went to live in The Donut Village (the shop not the mythical village of doom and unbeatable ninja) or just stay at the orphanage.

I read it as hidden by earth, not as hidden under earth,(I was tired) and thought you were stuck on a name.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Sure, I'd love t' be a team with a sweet-loving character xD

[/QUOTE]
Okay it is settled then :)

Oh and guys almost all similaritys with naruto my character had with naruto have been changed, besides there wasn't much of them to begin with anyways.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to put up the details of Chikagakure on here, didn't I? Shit.

Does anyone want them now? Just to sate their curiosity? It might take me a bit to clean up the summary that I PMed Hana with, but I probably should've posted the details on here sooner, given it's a major village in the RP. >u>;;

Just message me any final drafts. I'll be adding it directly to the RP. Lets keep the chat focused on the new thread though, and anything world building wise just message me directly, putting that it is for the RP in the topic so I see. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back