• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Detailed Naruto AU (Alternate Universe) RP?

What elements from the show should be copied/used as they are?

• History (Such as 3 wars, not the same details behind them)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kekkei Genkai (Bloodline Limits)

• Tailed Beasts (Not Jinchuuriki)

• Jinchuuriki

• Villages

• Technology ( Modern-ish without guns)

• Academy (Ages for Genin coming out of the Academy)

• Promotion Structure (aka Chuunin Exams, ect.)

• Time Skip (Period for characters to rapidly grow/advance time a few years)

• Not Interested

• Total voters
@Siri Oh okay haha. :P well I'd say probably it would be a more general kind of illusion... it would take a lot of effort to maintain a genjutsu around a village to that extent. I'd say just using the pollen would be interesting enough idea that isn't all that crazy. Heck, it could be a basis of what could of influenced some types of Genjutsu, looking to the natural world and mimicing it. :)

@SummerWolf Welcome to the shuffle!

Alright, working on getting the Great Villages Established. As of now none of them are taken, though I am talking a bit about making one of them as a possible fit for it. If you have village ideas you think would work for them, or have a small village you think could be converted to a larger one to fit feel free to say so here or message me directly so we can figure out a general theme for it!

If a village isn't filled in I'll create one up myself, but I figured I'd pitch this out here now so if a good idea for one is figured out, the name can be put down and it can be worked on.

Great Villages

Fire Nature: Okigakure (Village Hidden in the Embers)

Earth Nature: Chikagakure (Village Hidden under the Earth)

Water Nature: None

Lightning Nature: None

Wind Nature: None

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22806-hanarei/

@Hanarei

It probably

would

, which is why I said I wasn't sure. x) *Desperately wishes Kishimoto had given a more in-depth explanation of how genjutsu works and how smaller hidden villages manage to defend themselves*

Oooh, an influence on genjutsu-creation--I like that.

Also,

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11634-summerwolf/@SummerWolf

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11634-summerwolf/, welcome to the cool kids' club!

@Siri As far as I take it, Genjutsu works by playing on an individuals senses. Bascially manipulating a persons mind into believing something to feel the pain or think something is happening. A lot of Genjutsu relies on the visual component being one of our main senses, though there is ones that do work on other senses such as Hearing. Visual is just likely the best type to use due to the ease it is from how we function to trick the mind. :P

Hanarei said:
Alright, working on getting the Great Villages Established. As of now none of them are taken, though I am talking a bit about making one of them as a possible fit for it. If you have village ideas you think would work for them, or have a small village you think could be converted to a larger one to fit feel free to say so here or message me directly so we can figure out a general theme for it!
If a village isn't filled in I'll create one up myself, but I figured I'd pitch this out here now so if a good idea for one is figured out, the name can be put down and it can be worked on.

Great Villages

Fire Nature: None

Earth Nature: Chikagakure (Village Hidden under the Earth)

Water Nature: None

Lightning Nature: None

Wind Nature: None
Once again, my Kashigakure shall become a village, soo... Make it the Water Nature village because water is an essential component in baking X3

Quite a long period of quiet. A last chance here to pitch village ideas, particularly if you do got an idea for a Great Village feel free to speak up, so far we have 1 out of 5 (Earth being taken leaving Fire, Water, Wind, and Lightning).

As far as the RP goes, I'm, leaning towards creating the actual RP/character creation/ect. perhaps either late next week or early the week after. I think as far as development goes there is enough for me to formulate the RP and it being in working condition to start it off. Feel free if anyone has anything they wish to add or suggest to do so.

Speaking of... another poll cause I can! Would you all like me using the naruto 'stats' as a way of helping to dictate a character's strengths/weaknesses? In short it usually looks something like...

Ninjutsu Taijutsu Genjutsu Intelligence Strength Speed Stamina Handseals Total
# # # # # # # # Total #

Would you like this added in as a way as a guideline as far as figuring out certain elements characters would exceed others on, perhaps modified in a simpler format to be easier to use to help evaluate specifically in the RP, or not included at all? As a note I'll probably put certain total values with recommended minimums, with the idea of growth being possible as the novice learns over time in the RP... and it works as a good way to see who is in it for the powers and who is in it for the Rps. :P

Vote Here if You Want Ninja Databook Stats or not!

@Fallacy @ValkyrieRose @Kiyoko Tomoe @Kinzu Hekmatyar @Kishune @Siri @DaughterofAthena @Kyubi @TheSilentAkuma @Edward Valentine @Lazy Rocktime @GizmoJr @Edgey @SummerWolf

Voted!

Also, an idea for a (Fire) Great Village, I guess?? Feel free to adapt as needed.

wow look another village idea

Okigakure [Village Hidden in the Embers]

Okigakure is an older village, tucked away inside a giant, dormant volcano, with all the buildings carved into the inside facing cliffs. Fires flicker continually from many buildings, sending up sparks of flame and smoke up through the mouth of the volcano and causing many to believe it is still active, rather than dormant. It was one of the earlier shinobi villages to be established, so it's status as a Great Village isn't really that much of a shock—the depths of Mount Koppai hide a large force of Oki-nin, a majority of them holding a Fire Nature, and two primary clans that have been feared for generations.

The Nagaoka clan, in possession of the Lava Release bloodline, tends to dominate all inter-village politics, and Okigakure's kage has, many times over, been a member of that clan. Their bloodline is terrible and great, although the exact nature of the lava tends to vary from clan member to clan member, and it's said that the very ones to subdue Mount Koppai in the first place was an Nagaoka.

The Ikari clan, on the other hand, is in possession of the Ash Release bloodline, and tends to compete with the Nagaoka clan on a generation-basis—if they don't manage to become kage, they are always appointed as the Nagaoka's advisor. The Ash Release is sometimes looked down upon, seeing how it is, indeed, mere ash, but it can surround, suffocate, and combust far more quickly than the Lava Release can, and is far more graceful.

Although rivals for political power, the two clans have never actually spilled blood over the feud, and some of the newer generations tend to be on better terms. If an Ikari is the kage, a Nagaoka's their advisor, and vise versa. If a Nagaoka tamed the volcano, an Ikari was the one who rose a village from its ashes, and the two clans have been intertwined since Okigakure's founding.

While some of the civilians live in Okigakure itself, many also live on the skirts and hills of Mount Koppai, raising crops and animals. The area around Okigakure is quite fertile, due to Mount Koppai's volcanic soil, and the land is surprisingly green and lively for a place that apparently houses a live volcano. However, while the normal citizens of the country, not the ones who know the whereabouts of Okigakure, have their own stories about this, many shinobi know the
general (but not the exact) location but are unwilling to attack due to the village's dangerous position not only inside a volcano, but also within a volcanic belt, which they are rumored to be able to relight at any moment (and possibly have, at some point in time?).

Opinions? Suggestions? Anyone?

Also, it could possibly be in a more barren landscape, one ridden with active and dangerous volcanos, I suppose, and citizens live in Okigakure because there's simply nowhere else
to live, but I don't know what Hanarei has planned for the different lands and stuff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good to see more interest... makes it so I can't be lazy and need to work faster. :P lol

As a side note, if using the 'stat' system its mostly their as a basic guideline. Someone with a rating of 3.0 versing someone with 2.5 in Taijutsu, the person with 3 would have a decent advantage over the other. In a fight the two would likely come off being around par with the other person in that area, though the individual with .5 higher would likely see places in which they might gain an advantage or an upperhand. A 1 point difference would lead to that person often having the upperhand in combat, likely the latter resorting to more defensive in combat most likely to stand toe to toe with them. At 2 points, it would be very difficult for someone to beat another in that field if they are using that skill alone to beat them. It doesn't mean cunning can't create an advantage, but it would be very unlikely that you could use say Taijutsu alone to beat someone with that much of a greater mastery over it.

Hopefully that explains a general gist of it. Remember the stat system would be just a vague guideline, I don't want it to fully dictate out a fight either. Its meant for both fun, a way for characters to progress, and a small guideline to look towards to help direct what the flow of combat would be. ^^

Umm I.have a question though I kinda wanted to play tail beast. Even sealed in someone character I think I can be relatively active for it. Could this be an option for me. Like how kurama or eight tail communicate to their host

@Shippo There are no tailed beast in the RP, rather demons, with a few great ones around. If you want to have a lesser demon attached to your character that is fine with me, but none of the great beasts will be used in that form. Just mostly so no one is crazy powerful.... also it does allow you and the demon to grow together. :P

As far as the name goes, I'm not quite decided. A simple name would be to title it "Naruto: Kemuri" or "Naruto: Kemurigakure" in more long form. I'm not quite decided so I might do a poll or ask for names for that. Either way I figure it would be good to really flesh out general Great Villages and then have the smaller ones put in concrete. The world map would be nice but we don't really need to have it starting off at least. ^^

@Siri The village idea looks fine. I'd say if anything having the volcano dormant would be best. Having it dormant would be a nice little touch as to why the village is built into the volcano. I'd see less of ninjas not knowing where the village is as much as the difficulty of actually climbing up to it if its built on a rather steep mountain, with a large range near it.

Ok I wasnt really meaning like to make people over powered but whatever. Naruto verse without tail beast is not really naruto to me.

Well as far as the RP goes people were against tailed so I created a more eldritch variant, something meant to spread fear from their very being. Looking over what you said though I just noticed you were mentioning actually playing the tailed beast. In that case... yeah I'd be against it. You say its not about the power but honestly... yeah... I can't see it being anything but that as a reason anyways, not that it matters since you did state specifically you want the tailed beasts specifically so my variation wouldn't fit what you want. Sorry then.

Clearly reading you didnt read what I said it your rp I am out. I just do my own thing at some point

I know I read, was just clarifying that point less for you and more for anyone else if it was brought up. I just like to explain out things, specially when I miss read the post and thought you were talking about being a Jinchuuriki not realizing when you said Tailed you actually meant the beast itself. ^^;; GL on your RP search.

I am looking forward to seeing how the handbook will play out, it seems like a good idea. Now I just need to find a acceptable balance without having my character being overpowered, since the guy I have in mind wouldn't yet have a clear strength in his early stages. Which relates to his fighting style and its particular use that has a potential to be used in a variety of ways and allows a balance of Jutsu forms.

Anyways haha, I am looking forward to this and potential of using the handbook like they do in the wikia/series.

@Saru As far as I was using the stats, I was leaving it more as a recommended start and then a 'max' you could do for a character. So say it would be "Genin are often 12+ points total, max you can start with is 18" you can then do say 10 points in, and through the RP have your character grow to be better in the various fields and change it to reflect that (given its not like magically jumping up, and doesn't pass the max I put in place). It has that edge of showing improvement while also being that reference guideline, all while not having to put in some clunky system and keep it free form. I really want that element of growth in characters, both physically as well as mentally as things unfold and stuff comes to light.

Looks like so far a majority are in favor of using the stats, with more siding towards using them more RP focused. Given that detail, what do you all think would be good to include for it? So far for the stuff I'm thinking of including for sure...

Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Genjutsu

Those are all 100% given and are easy to see mixed in, with each covering a broad area of stuff. As far as 'likely to include' I'd just list

Stamina

Primarily since stamina would be a factor in how long someone might be able to maintain a fight should it drag on.

From there its a bit more uncertain. Intelligence could be applied, though its hard to really limit it in terms of an RP or how it might apply within the context of roleplay. I did think of some element of making it useful without influencing some 'smartie always win' mainly tying it into how much jutsu a person knows (I'll put in spoiler below) though it does come off possibly making stuff to complex. Speed is another element that is more on the fence since it can be confusing when superior speed would take over say superior Ninjutsu... and generally is a mess that likely is easier to judge including it as part of like Ninjutsu or Taijutsu. I thought about the idea perception/stealth as well as counteracting agents to one another, though it can also contribute to bloat.

Primarily, I see intelligence as being a small factor in combat, but manly being an influence over how much Ninjutsu someone might know, possibly also limiting what types people can pick up. I can see some stuff like Medical Ninjutsu being partially closed before an 'intelligence' wall due to what it entails, though I don't want to apply. As far as Jutsu known it might work something like this (keep in mind this is an example).

Intellegence | Known Jutsu

1 = 3 D-Rank

1.5 = 4 D-Rank, 1 C-Rank

2 = 6 D-Rank, 2 C-Rank

2.5 = 7 D-Rank, 3 C-Rank, 1 B-Rank

Ect... Having a bit more to it though generally giving a max number of a certain rank of Jutsu someone might now... possibly mixing in their rank as a factor in how much they can know per intelligence. I do think it can be a nice way of using it, though it is a bit more complex. If I used it I'd probably put together a chart or something and do it as simple as I possibly could. ^^;;

It is possible we could combine stuff together and do it more RPG/stat kind of system... but it just becomes overly convoluted for something that isn't suppose to be that complex it begin with. I'm just looking for general input as far as what stats people think would be useful to put in place not just for fluff but over-all acting as a very general guide for RPing stuff out. Anything you guys think should be included in the stats that would be nice detail, or anything you wish to comment about what I mentioned?

Alright, I've been working working. I made up a Banner for the RP, nice and simple one I created as a first idea. Curious if it looks good, figured it would be good to have it showing off a little of the village itself. Hopefully it gives off a good vibe of being a village, having those elements of industry/technology while showing signs of being worn down. I figured it was a nice image that fit the general feel of the village giving that type of blend. :) Might touch up or adjust stuff, but hopefully for now this works as a good general basis. :P

Naruto_Kemuri-Banner_zpsvfi4r1gc.jpg

@Hanarei

Hm, do you think kenjutsu would fall under taijutsu?

May or may not be planning on making a character who uses a sword.

I always thought that the Ninjutsu ranking encompassed both the number of jutsus one knew,

and

how well they could use it (their mastery of those jutsus). For sake of simplicity and to avoid confusion, I'd recommend either leaving the number of known jutsus as something to be taken into account when deciding the Ninjutsu score, or create a separate topic for it, rather than putting it under Intelligence, imo, since calling it Intelligence might be misleading. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One way to do the Intelligence stat would be to split it into Combat Intelligence and General Intelligence, maybe? Combat Intelligence could refer to one's ability to strategize and come up with plans under pressure, as well as analyze the enemy's attacks in the heat of battle, while General Intelligence could refer to intelligence in the more traditional sense of the word—their skill in mathematics, reading, general knowledge about jutsu and people, etc. Or you might be right and it could be left out all together, lol. ^^

Again, I always thought the Speed category referred to the speed of ones

physical

ability to attack and evade (like while using taijutsu), and the Hand Signs category referred to how fast and easily one could form the hand signs and, therefor, attack using ninjutsu. Those both more refer to reflexes though, since a ninjutsu can move pretty fast once the user manages to cast it, and a physical attack might be blown away last second by a ninjutsu that took a bit longer to cast. Probably not very helpful, and I don't have many ideas/proposals but that's just what I've always seen it as.

Keeping the stats sheet simpler would be better, as I see it. Maybe allow a section on the CS sheet for us to explain why a character has that score in that category, or just to describe their skills in that category? Or perhaps just a general overview of their skills? If that makes any sort of sense. >>;

Nice banner! ( ' U ' )/ I really like the image used to portray Kemuri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back