• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Butlers *Anime*

"Kuroha."

His blue eyes slowly moved up from a painting he was currently working on. "Yes, mom?" Never had his mother called him during the day, not after the years where he basically isolated himself from them. He waited for an answer from her, intrigued as to why she even called him. But he could tell she did not hear him. Kuroha sighed.

He lifted himself up from the seat and walked to the entrance of his room. "What do you need mom?" he called out.

"Come here," she replied. Kuroha hesitated, not wanting to leave his room. But he decided to go do whatever his mom needed. "Coming," Kuroha yelled as he walked down the hallway.

'Wonder what she needs me for?'

He walked to the living room, the area where the voice sounded from. "Alright I'm here...what do you ne-"

He froze at the entrance of the living room. He saw his mom, dad, and then another person. One where he couldn't tell what gender the person is, male? Maybe female?

"Kuroha," his mother began softly, "We have seen how...alone you are most of the time and well...your dad and I decided to get you a friend."

"You mean a butler," Kuroha answered flatly. His eyes wandered down the butler. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and sighed. Never would he have imagined his parents going to this extent. He shrugged his shoulders then deciding why not have a butler.

Kuroha lifted his eyes up to meet the butler's.

"The name's Kuroha. Kuroha Samishi."

The sound of a bark snapped him out of his memory. Kuroha's eyes wandered, taking in his surroundings. He was in his room, trying to do homework but grew bored. He placed his pencil down and sighed. His neck ached from the position it was in. Awkwardly he got up and stretched. Then at that same moment his belly grumbled. Clenching his stomach with one hand, he called out, "Sora! Can you bring me a sandwich please?"

Still to this day, Kuroha found it awkward having a butler. And even more awkward is that he still can't tell what gender Sora is. He feels that Sora maybe a male but always has the small thought of him being a girl instead. But he didn't ponder on this idea that much. It fact, Kuroha appreciates the companionship with the butler. It has been the strongest out of all his other non-family relationships.

"Right away Kuroha!" Sora replied as she heard her master's voice call to her from his room. She walked quickly to the kitchen and grabbed the sandwich that she had already prepared for him from the fridge. She put the sandwich onto a plate and filled a glass up with cold water for her young master. She had been the butler to Kuroha for a short while and was glad that she had become his butler. She fixed her white shirt and red tie as she walked up the stairs to his room. Sora knocked on his door announced that she was coming in for she didn't know if he was still working on homework. She opened the door and walked into his room and up to him to give him his requested food.

"Here you are Kuroha. Is there anything else you need?" She asked with a smile and placed the plate and cup down on his desk. She hadn't told him that she was actually a girl, but she figured what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Her grey and purple eyes wandered to his homework and she sighed seeing he hadn't finished it yet. "Mast- I mean Kuroha, are you still stuck on your homework?" she asked loosening her tie as she fumbled, almost calling him master. He had told her to just call him Kuroha, but every now and then she would forget and call him master.

(
@LifeNovel )

Savagely punching the, well, punching bag, Connor's thoughts began to wander. The mindless tedium of him hitting the bag in various combinations didn't really help either. Left, pause, left right, pause, left right left left right hook. Somehow, it got to when Len became his man servant, or butler if you will. It was like any other day, Connor had just gotten in a fight and was now walking home with a quickly swelling black eye. When he reached his house, however, and opened it, the usual sight of his mom or dad standing at the table, she tapping her foot furiously and dad with his arms crossed and a frown on his face, wasn't there. Instead, it was some stranger who he assumed was a burglar. And he would have gotten a good punch on the guy if his mom hadn't stopped him, saying that this was the new help that they got. "Great, somebody we pay to do nothing." he said, figuring that they had survived so far without one. But all that got him was being sent to his room until dinner. The next few days had been rough for everyone, but Connor managed to adapt and get used to the fact that there would be another person in the house. Giving the bag once last good hit, he grabs his water bottle and takes a drink. Len was probably waiting for him, if not in the training room already.

"Ohohoho this is going to be good!" Sosomi rubbed her hands together as she examined her master prank plan.

"Sosomi!"

"Yea dad?!" she responded.

"Come here for a sec!"

"Coming!"

She looked over her diabolic plan once more before she poked her head around the corner and asked, "What'cha need?"

She could see her father standing in the middle of the living room facing her. The way he was posed seemed suspicious.

"Mmm soooo? You got anything to show me?" Sosomi already catching on to something.

"Well I know how much you've been complaining how your friends are such sissies when it comes to jokes and pranks soooo..." he prolonged his explanation.

"Yea? Yea? YEA? C'mon dad spill it!"

He granted her a huge grin and stepped aside revealing a well dressed boy. Sosomi's mouth was wide open. A moment of silence enveloped the room.

"Omygoodness you got me a butler?!" she screeched as she ran over and threw her arms around the butler. Then she turned and gave a hug to her dad. "Thank you!" she smiled.

Her head then turned back to the butler. "We are going to be the best of friends! The name's Sosomi Kaloa!"

Sosomi bolted upright in her bed as she awoke to birds screeching outside. She once again was dreaming about that day. But she knew it was real. Her arms stretched upwards and she gave a huge yawn.

Her hand scratched her wild pink hair as she put her glasses on. "Kohaku! Oh Kohaku!" she yelled. She threw her legs off the bed and stretched once more.

Kohaku blinks and bows. "Yes Mrs Kaloa?" He said softly while looking at her, he had stood back up and blew at his blond bangs that continued to fall in his eyes.

Kuroha smiled back at Sora, "Thank you." But then he saw his/her eyes wander over to his unfinished homework. "I was too occupied with bullies teasing behind me during class to write down notes," Kuroha mumbled his pathetic excuse. His eyes shamefully moved down to the ground. He didn't ever show humiliation to anyone but Sora now.

"D-do you think...you could help me..." he mumbled.

"What do you think we should do today?" Sosomi yawned. She rubbed her eyes then looked at Kohaku. Feeling refreshed and alive, her eyes sparkled as she looked at Kohaku.

"Someone bullied you? What class? Who was it? Where do they live? Want me to rough them up for you? Should I go and make them beg on their knees for your forgiveness?!" Sora asked urgently and walked closer to him and looked at him, her eyes full of rage and concern. Sora then sighed as she knew she couldn't do anything right now. Once Kuroha asked for her help she nodded and picked up the sheet of paper. "Well don't worry about you being bullied anymore Kuroha. Just remember I will help you with anything!" she said encouragingly and looked over the homework then began to explain it to him as well as she could. She was thinking of when she was going to enroll at his school and what student she would have to make lay off her master first.

(
@LifeNovel )

Last edited by a moderator:
LifeNovel said:
Kuroha smiled back at Sora, "Thank you." But then he saw his/her eyes wander over to his unfinished homework. "I was too occupied with bullies teasing behind me during class to write down notes," Kuroha mumbled his pathetic excuse. His eyes shamefully moved down to the ground. He didn't ever show humiliation to anyone but Sora now.
"D-do you think...you could help me..." he mumbled.

"What do you think we should do today?" Sosomi yawned. She rubbed her eyes then looked at Kohaku. Feeling refreshed and alive, her eyes sparkled as she looked at Kohaku.
Kohaku blinks as she asked him. "Uh I don't know ms... What do you normally do?" He asked while tilting his head slightly and looking at her with his bright eyes. (@LifeNovel)

Ren blinked in surprise when his parents showed up with a young man around his age dressed in a nice suit. "...what is this about?" He asked slowly as his mother smiled. "We got you a butler! I know that you have some trouble with some things so I figured he could help!" She said and smiled. Ren sighed softly. "I see... Well thanks mom... I think..." He said softly. (@Peachypants)

The young man with the white hair bowed once with his hand over his chest. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir" he said after the couple who seemed like the young mans parents had finished talking. While still bowing, he looked up from the ground and looked at the young man with green-isch hair. After a brief moment of staring he straightened his back and adjusted his tailcoat before looking around in the large room.

--

As the leaves of her beautiful cherry blossom tree began to fall down on the ground a young girl stood with her bare feet in the soft strands of grass dressed in a purple yukata and her dark blue hair in a low bun. She was as she usually would be, fixing in her garden of rare flowers. Over the years, her garden had grown to be quite exquisite. The young girl, Aiko, turned to walk back towards the mansion. Just as she reached the glass door, she stopped to notice her parents along with an unfamilliar man. The man had this messy blonde hair and those michievous eyes that made her feel slightly at unease. "Oh there you are! We've been looking for you. This is your new butler, I know that you've been searching for one." The lady next to the man om her left said and gestured towards the butler.

@Soul OMU

Peachypants said:
The young man with the white hair bowed once with his hand over his chest. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir" he said after the couple who seemed like the young mans parents had finished talking. While still bowing, he looked up from the ground and looked at the young man with green-isch hair. After a brief moment of staring he straightened his back and adjusted his tailcoat before looking around in the large room.
--

As the leaves of her beautiful cherry blossom tree began to fall down on the ground a young girl stood with her bare feet in the soft strands of grass dressed in a purple yukata and her dark blue hair in a low bun. She was as she usually would be, fixing in her garden of rare flowers. Over the years, her garden had grown to be quite exquisite. The young girl, Aiko, turned to walk back towards the mansion. Just as she reached the glass door, she stopped to notice her parents along with an unfamilliar man. The man had this messy blonde hair and those michievous eyes that made her feel slightly at unease. "Oh there you are! We've been looking for you. This is your new butler, I know that you've been searching for one." The lady next to the man om her left said and gestured towards the butler.

@Soul OMU
Ren sighs slightly. "Thanks mom... Anyways bye.." He said as he closed the door after they left. "Well that was unexpected... Anyways I'm Lie Ren, Ren." He said while looking at him.

Akira smiles a bit and bows. "It's a pleasure to meet you!" He said and looked at her.

@Peachypants

((Going to sleep, I'm sorry))

"Kosuke Grey at your service" The white haired man said with the tiniest smile that was barely visible. "So, what may I do for you, sir?" He asked politely since his job was to help with any sort of thing. Even if it meant searching for potatoes in the bathtub, if that was what his master would want. Grey took another look around in the room and raised his eyebrows in amazement.

-

Aiko smiled towards the three. "Thank you, mother. Now if you would excuse us." She said just before her parents left. "My name is Hitomi Aiko, please call me Aiko. If you want a job here, you only have to follow one rule. Don't step into my garden. No excuses. No one else than me is allowed to visit my garden." She said, not with the intention of being so harsch but she had to tell him the truth. If someone were to step onto her perfect little garden, she would immediately throw them out of the house. Even if it were a relative.

@Soul OMU

Peachypants said:
"Kosuke Grey at your service" The white haired man said with the tiniest smile that was barely visible. "So, what may I do for you, sir?" He asked politely since his job was to help with any sort of thing. Even if it meant searching for potatoes in the bathtub, if that was what his master would want. Grey took another look around in the room and raised his eyebrows in amazement.
-

Aiko smiled towards the three. "Thank you, mother. Now if you would excuse us." She said just before her parents left. "My name is Hitomi Aiko, please call me Aiko. If you want a job here, you only have to follow one rule. Don't step into my garden. No excuses. No one else than me is allowed to visit my garden." She said, not with the intention of being so harsch but she had to tell him the truth. If someone were to step onto her perfect little garden, she would immediately throw them out of the house. Even if it were a relative.

@Soul OMU
Ren nods slightly while starting to walk. "I will show you around and show your room then." He said as he headed down the hall, takes care of his house like he does his garden, with great care.

Akira nods as he follows, smiling as he walks with her. "Of course ms. Hitomi." He said softly.

(Night.)

Len was sitting quietly at the other side of the practice room, where his master was beating up the punching bag. He still remember the day he was brought in. His master had given him the scare of a lifetime and almost punched his face. However, Len did not blame him, after all, it was in self defense. He walked over to him as he drank his water. Len extended his hand with a towel inside, saying nothing. He was doing as told, help but do not speak. Speaking got him yelled at, and that is what he hated.

Kuroha tried telling her everything was fine but all he could do was open his mouth and stutter, "Uh um I uh..." His eyes were lifted once he felt his/her intimidating presence approach him closer. Kuroha gulped with a bit of fear and admiration in his eyes. His mouth closed from attempted stuttering when Sora finally came to his aid with his homework. His eyes once more dulled to their drabby shade of blue. "Th-thank you Sora," he whispered as he turned back to his work.

"Hmmmm how about we go to the mall today?" Sosomi asked. "The mall, a great idea! Let's do that," she answered herself. Excitement sparkling in her eyes. She jumped up from her bed and turned towards Kohaku, "Please fix my bed and I entrust that you will pick out an outfit that says 'love me but obsess over me' while I attend to my beauty in the bathroom." Sosomi walked over to her bathroom closing the door after her.

Sora set down the piece of paper and looked at her master, placing her hand on her hip she looked at him. "Sorry Kuroha that wasn't my place to get so irritated. But I promise I won't let it happen again" she said and placed a hand on his shoulder lightly. "Is that all Kuroha or is there something else I should assist you with?" Sora said stepping way and speaking once again formally. She had no idea when it would be the right time to actually tell him about her secret. Now? No...maybe....

(@LifeNovel )

Koharu nodded as he went over and started making her bed, nicely and neatly, humming softly as he does before going through her closet to pick out an outfit to her liking, picks out a cute skirt and blouse with draw strings at the clevage, grabs a wrap for her to put on top. (@LifeNovel)

Kuroha jumped a bit from the touch on his shoulder. He never felt a gesture of comfort for years, it was foreign to him. A spark of warmth ignited inside of him. What is this feeling? Could it be...happiness? Comfort? Love? He looked up when he heard Sora talk.

"Please no need to apologize. I could use some...push...or strength would be a better word," Kuroha said.

"Just...stay by me," Kuroha whispered as his eyes wandered over to nowhere. He didn't realize his initial until he reviewed over it in his head.

"Oh! Uh-hum I mean no that is all. Thank you," he quickly said as he blushed lightly.

Sosomi brushed her teeth, brushed her hair, and placed some makeup on. She hummed a little tune and swished her hips as she did these things. Soon she finished and slammed the bathroom door wide open and rushed over to Kohaku. She reviewed over the clothing choices. A moment of examination soon over and she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Splendid! Such a cute outfit! Oh it screams my name!" she praised Kohaku as she grabbed the clothing and placed them on top of her looking into the mirror and seeing how it would look on her. "I must say you might even have a better taste in clothing than me!" she exclaimed as she spontaneously took of her pajamas not really thinking about Kohaku standing right there and placed the selected clothing on top of her under garments.

((OMG THAT WAS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!))

"Oh what was the name of your school Kuroha?" Sora asked right before she left his room with a small smile. She had been thinking up a plan on how she was going to enroll at his school when she didn't even know the name of it. She ran her fingers quickly through her short black hair, her grey and purple eyes full of excitement. "Don't worry Kuroha I won't leave." she said and her smile widened a bit as she heard her young master say this to her. (@LifeNovel )

Last edited by a moderator:
Grunting his thanks, he takes the towel and wipes off the worst of the sweat. He was used to the butler being there, but he still didn't fully like how he did things he could do himself. "Get ready to leave, or whatever it is you do." he said as he walked off to change into his street clothes and maby take a shower, (after catchig a whiff of himself he decided to deffinatly take a shower.) After a while in the locker room, Connor came back out, hair and the back of his shirt wet and still toweling off a little. "Alright, let's go."

Len was already good to go, standing there. With a curt nod, he followed his master without question. He thought that his master was fine, just like anyone else, except maybe a bit more violent. Sometimes Len did speak up, but not often. He had lived on the streets and found that it was best not to talk to those above you.

"Nothing? Not even an 'OK'? Or a 'Fine'? You don't talk much do you?" he said, not exactly mad, or really curious. At that moment, he was just talking to talk. "Why the hell did you become a butler in the first place? You could have gotten the same money with a job that makes you do less. Me, I'm good at boxing. I would like to become a proffesional boxer, fight with the best of them. I'd make it big with all the benifits, except I could break a couple bones or even die, but those are small things." He continued this line oof thought all the way back to his house, where his mom was cooking something in the kitchen.

"Oh good, you're home. Go help your father stack some fire wood. He's not as young as he used to be and to stuborn to admit it. And you, Len, help me with setting out the table. I just have a few thing to do left." Before she had even finished speaking, Connor had thrown his stuff into a chair and gone out the back screen door to help his father split and stack the fire wood. They didn't use all of it, some they sold to people who hadn't got enough before the winter came.

(Last one, night.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back