[Act 3] Beyond the Doorway [Acrotomo]

Miss Fang smiles.

Don't you worry about that Sarah... children have a tendency to take most of their traits from their parents... even if your body fluids are corrosive, they don't seem to harm you in any way.

The fact that you've gone so far with the pregnancy makes me believe that your child may have the same resilience to your body fluids you have, or else he would probably not have survived in your womb that long.

We need to check this out and keep the baby safe anyway, and if necessary, I'll get some extra help... we can get some very talented people here in a matter of hours. Fate smiles to you guys, you've got yourselves two of the most talented doctors and powerful summoners.
she adds winking.

So what's gonna be the name of the lucky baby ?
she says while checking the belly of the mother.

checking for movement and pulse.

With a bottle bug and a Sobeksis or a healer race (which I would need to develop) I think we got them covered pretty well.

Int + Medecine +1 W: Miss Fang rolled the following in his 7 dice:

1, 1, 7, 7, 3, 5, 3

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 2 successes. +1 3

As Lost Mountain begins the process of cleaning the ram Heron so graciously provided for the evening meal, he becomes aware of the newest member of the caravan.

How long have you been traveling friend?

Nkemdilim secures the bonds on the ghost, then turns to Broken Heron.

"Would you keep an eye on our guest while I check on the new arrivals?"

With that, Nkemdilim walks toward the tent where he saw Alaura take the woman and slips inside. He nods to his fellow Solar, and then kneels by the young woman.

"So, what is the situation?" he asks, and examines his new patient while Alaura fills him in.

-----------

No need to repeat what was said earlier. This is just a way to get Nkemdilim the information.

Using Flawless Examination Technique using 1 mote of personal essence.

zzZzzZ.. what.. eeeh!? WTF? Nkem? Guest? Ghost? Arrival!?

Pissed off, Broken Heron looks at the prisoner.

Sgrunt...

He sits in the car and starts checking the gag and the ropes of the prisoner.

So, how was with the big bad Zenith?

--Miss Fang and Nkemdilim--

Nkemdilim, with Miss Fang's intelligent appraisal, tells him everything he needs to know.

Sarah has been the recipient of the mutating, warping influence of Wyld energies for quite some time. The change is constant and long-term, suggesting that she has lived in a sphere of that chaotic power. Whether it's the energies of a raw Demesne or the Boundaries themselves, it's impossible to tell for the effects are the same.

The effects in question would be acidic blood, urine and saliva. Any... other fluids are normal, explaining the possibility for copulation that led to the pregnancy. Nkemdilim understands that many important fluids and nutrients are transferred directly from the woman to the developing fetus, so evidence would suggest that the fetus has the same condition as its mother! If this is the case, then the fetus should be perfectly fine...

The danger would be for the delivering physician. During birth, any blood would immediately be deadly to a midwife, so there is still a danger.

But the good news is, the baby should be fine. All possible tests in this day and age indicate a fine and healthy infant, and a healthy mother to deliver her. She may not have the best nutrition, but wherever she lives, she was given the best food available.

A close community, perhaps. But one without a doctor. A community of people under the waves of Wyld energies, and not a single trained physician who understands their medical needs in sight.

--Broken Heron and Twice Again From Nowhere--

Hehh... I made enough of a missstake talking to Charging Sunburst, do you really think I will risk conversing with you, Deal Breaker?

The possessed woman's bindings are strong, her gag secure when it's set back in. It will keep her in place as needed.

--Jean-Paul and Lost Mountain--

Jean-Paul sighs.

Only the last two days, my friend, just to get to Jacob's Peak. We know how the outside world feels about us, but... I felt we needed to do something. I needed someone to tell us it would be okay, and I felt like I failed when we were turned away, almost killed. I'm so glad that we found you all out here!

Miss Fang smiles at Sarah.

Well, we both agree then, you don't have anything to worry about for your baby, he should be fine... the trick part is figuring out how to deliver it without melting our own hands... we have some time to figure something out... she says blinking at the Zenith.

She walks away to attend to the others but then stops and comes back with an intrigued expression.

You... said you were changed... was the change recent for you and your husband ? Have other people changed too ? I can't help but feel that something is out of place there... there should not be wyld influence in the area... unless you've been on quite a trip to get to the Peak.

What!? I have no intention whatsoever of wasting my time with you, especially if you continue to be such a waste of drama.

But yes, nice to see that you're fine.

Without further ado, Broken Heron moves out of the cart and, still throwing from time to time a side glance to the possessed woman, he reaches Lost Mountain, the goat and Jean.

The Eclipse seems in a bad mood.

Where's Sorcery Team? We need an exorcism, like, fast...

You... said you were changed... was the change recent for you and your husband ? Have other people changed too ? I can't help but feel that something is out of place there... there should not be wyld influence in the area... unless you've been on quite a trip to get to the Peak.

--Miss Fang and Nkemdilim--

Sarah is at first delighted by the wonderful news, but Miss Fang's questions seem to disturb her. Something behind her eyes tells her to keep quiet about the details.

Mmm... Where we live... Has remained hidden for a long time. With bandits and raiding Icewalkers up here, not to mention the Realm sticking their fingers into things and killing... people like us... We're not supposed to talk about where we come from, definitely no details. I'm sorry.

Though this topic should be important, there's something exhausted about the offered response, as if she just doesn't have the power to put forth much effort into her words.

Only two days, yall must not be far from home.

Looking up towards Broken Heron, Lost Mountain gestures towards the tent Miss Fang and Nkem went into I suggest knocking before you go in, pregnant women are still women after all.

Turning back to Jean-Pual Where did yall come from?

--Jean-Paul, Lost Mountain, Broken Heron--

Ahh... Jean-Paul pauses, startled at how much Lost Mountain can deduce. The question of where he is from has stalled him.

We're not supposed to talk about it. Being what we are, we're often scapegoats for the problems of others. Targets. I'm sorry.

Broken Heron grabs Jean-Paul by the shoulder and forces him to stare right in his eyes, then flashes his Caste Mark.

Being what I am, I'm often a scapegoat...

The Mark fades down.

I don't give a damn about what you are.

You need help, we'll help you.

But we are in a delicate situation, we have wounded and sick people.

For their security and safety, now you will tell me everything, or I swear, I'm going to kick your sorry ass up to Jackob's Peak!

Miss Fang looks at her Zenith circle mate smiling after having heard Heron's comment.

Whao... and I thought you were the blunt one and he was the smoothtalker... we're really oughta teach the Eclipse some manners...

I mean even the barbarian is more friendly than the two of you gathered.
she whispers laughing.

Jean-Paul's eyes widen in horror.

W-what are you? And what do you want, I don't understand! What do you want from me now? We're not a threat to you and your people!

Jean-Paul tries to push away from Broken Heron, fear in his eyes after seeing the Caste Mark.

The Exalt ignores the poor man overreaction and continues to speak in his calm yet unapologetic way.

You belong to a demi-human race or have been obviously mutated by the Wyld.

Both options require that you come from far, and I don't see how you could have traveled so much with a pregnant woman, especially given the treatment that the Immaculate Order prescribes for those of your kin, or mine, for that matters.

Now, we are traveling in very difficult conditions many of our men have been struck hard and are recovering only now.

It is entirely possible that someone hostile may have followed you.

Also, as much as I see indeed that you are no threat to us, I cannot rule out the possibility that you actually are, for the lives of the good men and women that accompany us are my responsibility too.

It is therefore important that you tell us where you come from, for the safety of my people, yours and the one of that woman and her child.

If you want to know who I am and my story, I will be glad to tell you.

Code:
Mastery of Small Manners, personal essence

Jean-Paul pulls on his ear nervously, looking at Sarah as he responds.

It's just a commune. A place for people like us, to the northwest. That's it, it's a tiny place, barely 50 people. We're not a threat to anyone, and no one followed us from Jacob's Peak. We've been hidden from the world for a very long time... That's how we've survived, and will continue to survive.

He pauses, and steels himself.

If you think you're in danger from us, then we'll leave. We know when we're not wanted.

The Easterner's voice becomes more relaxed and friendly.

None here would leave you people to your destinies, threat or not.

But we have to know what we are facing.

Possibly it will make YOU feel safer when I will question likewise the next bunch of strange travellers that will happen to join our path.

And since I am an Exalt, I can assure you, I'm good at this.

Now.

There are too many things we are not understanding, to many strange things happening... Do you believe in coincidences?

I don't.

So please, explain to me why you had to leave your own people, those who share the very same persecution you do. Wasn't safer there?

Code:
Judge's Hear Technique, personal

Miss Fang approaches the scene and lends a hand on the shoulder of the savior of the day in a friendly gesture.

It's because of his wife, Sarah. Her body generates a very powerful acid due to her mutation and they were scared for the baby so they went to the Peak to seek the help of a doctor.

She turns to the man with a smile which turns in the middle of her speech to a dark expression.

Jean Paul, your baby and wife are fine, you've got nothing to worry about. We will do our best to deliver it in the safest conditions possible.

However, we cannot let your people be subject of discriminations because of their difference, and furthermore we cannot stand by and let you all be exposed to such severe wyld influence and loose your humanity, because in the end, not now but maybe in a few generations, that is what you will all loose.

She then looks at him in the eyes.

In a few years time now, as my powers grow stronger, I may be able to give you your true bodies back... I'd like to offer your people a chance not at surviving, but at living a normal life.

The saviour of the day listens carefully to Alaura, but seems unconvinced.

Once more he speaks to the man in a very calm and friendly way, this time especially careful not to come out threatening.

Jean.

Is this the truth, and the whole truth, or is there something else that you are unwilling or unable to tell us?

Nkemdilim smiles slightly at Alaura's comment, dipping his head in acknowledgement of her point.

"You understand, Jean, that we are in as much danger as you. We only seek to ensure that you will not pose a further threat to us."

Miss Fang frowns...

Gods, I know I'm a often careless but those two are way too paranoid... okay missy calm down... you just met them, you had a rough day... they're just asking stupid questions because they feel insecure, and you should also be feeling like this.

...and takes a slow deep breath and walks away from the inquisitors towards poor Sapphire who had a long and painful day too.

Come on Sapphire, let me check that wound and take care of it. Our camp will be ready soon..

Alaura is moody, and will spend the next 4 hours tending Sapphire, Nessa, Jarod, and Toki with Wound Mending Care, committing 40 of her motes to them til tomorrow morning.

Do you need 4 medecine rolls ? (they should get back at least 3HL each during the night) + the suxx gathered on the roll.

Interactions with Miss Fang are still allowed :)

Sapphire nods to Miss Fang, silent and watchful. It vexed her slightly at the distrust the others showed but she really couldn't blame them. Not after all that has happened these recent days. The young woman very well couldn't help that she was perhaps too trusting than common sense dictated. She follows Miss Fang with a slight thoughtful frown.

Back to the camp shortly thereafter, Miss Fang examines her friend from the night caste:

Boy, that ghost really messed you up... I really don't like it... he's too powerful. I'm sure some minion of what Jorune had sent him our way, or perhaps it was an enemy of his... I don't know, I just think we should get rid of him before he actually hurts that woman any further...

She checks at the other solars while she starts cleaning the crimson and black wound with onguents she prepared long before the trip to the Peak...

I always carry a ton of those when we go on a trip... boys always get some bruises when they work and then they start whining... and when one starts whining, there's an opera coming your way.she says as she transfuses her essence into Sapphire body.

You might feel a little warmer... that's normal.

So what do you think of our circlemates ?

I kinda like Heron, he's crazy and pushy, rush into things, but I'm like that too, so I like him.

The barbarian I can't really figure out. He seems like a nice guy... but Nkemdilim, that man has issues... I don't know what happened to him or what his childhood was like but it seems like he had it rougher than anyone I know... he's too blunt and straight to not have been deformed by some twisted methods of education... he really scares me actually.

Sapphire tilts her head slightly keeping her mind off of the diminishing pain a slight smile forming.

"Heron is an okay person I gather. Reckless if nothing else, I can't fault him for that. At least he is friendly and that I find quite nice. Lost Mountain, he's a strong person, sensible I think. Moreso than I. I think. I think he can be quite a dependable person, a ... Mountain so to speak. As for Uncle Nkemdilim, I... I do not know his past but he wasn't all like this, not before." Sapphire sighs slightly. "Though perhaps it had been there all the time and I just never saw it, too concerned with ... other things. Granted that seems like ages ago, when he was toting over me like a mother while ... things happened. Still I can't help but feel that its somewhat my fault that he's a harsher person." She laughs suddenly, softly, a bit jovially as well. "Complete nonsense assuredly. He is a man after all, older than some I have dealt with. Perhaps its age."

So what do you guys think about our fellow Solars?

I am not too much of a breast-man but Saph...

The young man bites the air, teeth clacking together.

And mmmmh.... I do wonder about the strength of her femoral abductors.

He glances briefly towards Alaura.

Then again, the intellectual type, so caring, so poised...

His smile opens in a big grin.

She's a beast waiting to be unleashed, I tell ya!

Code:
Sorry guys, I could not resist... =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back