[Act 3] Beyond the Doorway [Acrotomo]

Broken Heron seems curios and amused, at the same time.

There is something sneaky in the way he speaks, he wants to provoke rather than insult.

Mmmmh, then I wonder.

There are two kinds of women.

The first kind enjoys intimacy in complete freedom and for the sake of it, whenever they decide and desire, regardless of the pressure of their people.

The second kind, enjoys intimacy only to obtain something in return.

This something can take the form of approval from their people or the security of a husband, or even just money, but the common point is that they don't do for the sake of it, they do it because they expect something in return.

So tell me, Zenith, is your niece a slut or a whore?

Code:
Mastery of Small Manners, internal. BH is obviously not trying to insult Saph.

Nkemdilim's brows furrow in annoyance.

"Do not project your own limited understanding onto others. Just because you are only able to see sex as a tool or a toy does not rob it of its transcendental virtue. It is too large to be confined to your little boxes, and for that matter so is Sapphire. Even leaving aside her infinite complexity as a woman, she is a Solar Exalt. Confine her to your stereotypes at your peril."

Lost Mountain lets forth a rolling laughter

Easy there my friend you allow yourself to be tricked by the fox.

Handing each of them quarters of the ram to be taken to the cooking fires

And yes they are both very friendly to the senses a slight smirk spreads across with face as he turns and carries his portion of the meat but my guess there is more to those two than just being.... friendly

Broken Heron erupts in a loud laughter, then faces Nkemdilim, looking him straight in the eyes and faking a threatening vibe.

I promise, Nkem, maybe not today, maybe in a century, but sooner or later, I am going to make you laugh!

Alaura raises an eyebrow

I don't really see how it could be your fault that he has become rougher, but I feel you don't wanna talk about it. Family business is always so serious heh...
she adds with a smile.

You're lucky you have a protector to watch out for you though.

I have one too, my uncle Mel... well he's not my real uncle, but he's taken care of me since my father died when I was young... but he's not as rigid as your uncle.

Anyway, I just hope we will all get along, mainly because we have to... I just can't believe what we did today... by the gods, how are we going to fix this ?!

"There are better ways to do it than to insult the people close to me," Nkemdilim growls. The Southerner walks to the fire with his quarter of goat and begins to arrange a spit to cook it on. He turns his attention to Lost Mountain. "I intend to summon Jubal back at midnight. I will need a secure location, away from our visitors but close enough to help in case something goes wrong."

He pauses a moment, afixing his goat to the spit.

"Also, that ghost's task is not done. It is stalling for some reason. I believe we can use this to our advantage and pressure it into revealing its master, but at the same time we must be cautious. I sent Jubal to find an expert in Necromancy, but I will not be able to summon this being until midnight tomorrow. Until then, we must ensure that the ghost does no more harm and discovers nothing of import about us to report back to its master. Furthermore, we should do what we can to keep its host alive and hale. She may be able to reveal something about this ghost once we have banished it."

Broken Heron turns back to Jean Paul.

I hope you enjoyed the entertainment.

Now, where were we?

Jean-Paul squirms slightly under Broken Heron's gaze, but answers.

I appreciate what you all are doing for us, but I promise you, we're not being followed. If you are what I think you are, we're in danger from people following you than the other way around.

He waves his hands at the air.

If Sarah is going to be alright, then that means more to me than anything else. I thank you all very much for the kindness and openness you've shown us.

Sarah smiles as well, a smile that slowly turns into a grimace...

Broken Heron lets a prosaic "Oh fu£$%&!!!!" escape and hastens to assist Sarah.

Alaura! We need you!

BH has been assured by Judge's Ear Technique and considers the matter closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back