• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Acceptance and Love (1x1)

"that makes sense." she decided, looking to reina and speaking to her as if it were just the two of them in a room. because for the moment it almost felt like it could be. no jaylen. no bartender. no other uno players or whatever. just her and the nice warm woman. "Jaylen is the nicest human." it was simply the nicest thing. "did you know his daughter? where did she go? maybe I know her." she asked, curious. wouldn't that be something. to tell jaylen about her sister. "have you ever met a changeling before?"

Reina shrugs. "Not really, all we know is that he told us his wife died of a broken heart shortly after. The two wanted to badly to raise their child, but alas." she sighs. "The government sucks and we should overthrow it."

"well... maybe it's better." she asked, trying to reconcile things. "I mean. just because you wanted to raise your kids... I mean, that's good. but... I mean. there's still a lot of mean people out there. we'd probably be hurt if we were out in the world."

"It's never going to be perfect, but we're doing the best we can to reintegrate and re-learn. To re-write the history books, that we helped." Reina smiles. "We were taking a break before we delve into some old hospital records of changeling babies."

"you have those?" she was deathly curious, now. "do you think I'm in them?" it was a good question. she didn't know where she was from. but maybe raina would? maybe raina would know who Raven was. "do you think my parents might have wanted me too?" it was the first time she'd even considered that. she'd spent her whole life knowing she was hated and abandoned. but... what if she wasn't?

"Maybe so." Reina nods. "It would help things. And these are like, from years ago, and the hospital literally does not care about these kinds of records."

She hooked a laptop up to the projector.

"what does it say about them?" she asked, sitting at the table between two other people. she could feel the eyes of the whole room on her, and it made her want to cower behind her wings. and yet, there were things to learn. so she refocused that energy.

"have you ever... met someone like me before?" she was curious, looking aeound the room. if anybody had, she wanted to know.

"Mainly birth records since they refuse to write birth certificates for them. Now *that's* cruel." Jaylen said.

"We all have." Reina said as she typed. "Mostly really scared ones that have been driven off their reservations. My wife is taking care of 3 little ones right now."

"what's a birth certificate?" she didn't know what it was. if she didn't have one, it wasn't creul. but now she wanted to meet the others. "how... how many are out there? hiding, like me?" she wanted to know. she wanted to meet them. to talk to someone who spoke her language. literally.

"Currently, a good chunk of them are recovering slowly from bullet wounds." someone piped up. "We're going to have a big meeting in a few months."

Jaylen nods. "Yeah, I was told about that."

"How old is she?" Reina asked "12." Jaylen replied.

Reina began looking at records from 12 years ago.

"or late eleven. we don't really count human years." it wasn't like their animal selves aged faster than human selves. it was more a cultural rejection of human society. they measured in moon cycles, and in star rotations. they weren't people.

"Gotcha." Reina did some typy typy, and a few minutes of scrolling.

"Oh worm." Reina clicks on one. "One born to Jessica and Jason Ross, in 2008."

she paused for a second, looking up. wasn't Ross... like. the Ross farm? the one she was staying on? "are you... are you sure it's me?" she stood up, curious as all hellfire now. this couldn't be right. she couldn't be the baby ripped from Jaylen's parents. she couldn't be jaylen's... sister?

"Thos're my parents!" Jaylen exclaimed.

"The child in question..... born in the form of a raven." Reina read. "The parents had one fully human child, Jaylen..."

"can you tell if it's a girl? there's a lot of birds... maybe it went to another reserve?" she didn't want her hopes up. she really didn't. jaylen was... she was so kind. and if jaylen was her sister, and those were her parents... then she wanted that. and she didn't know what she'd do if she got that ripped away.

"They said it was female in the records...." Reina said as she looked. "Dr. Mary Grey, she's actually one of us, so she could tell."

"It's depressing that the Ross' died 4 years ago." some dude chimed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back