• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Zombies!

Danielle Smith

Dani whipped her head around at the sound of another human voice. Dani raised an eyebrow at the girl, immediately observing how confidently she approached the group. She also noticed she was slightly out of breath, but decided not to question it. Questioning too many things had led Dani to panic before, and she didn't need that distraction now. Still, Dani's hand moved slightly further down her side.

"Well, it seems like today all the survivors have decided to make an appearance," the blue haired girl laughed, undoing the bun on top of her head before tying it back up tighter. Messing with her hair had always been a habit of Dani's, but it seemed to grow stronger as she found herself alone during the disaster.

Dani turned back to Michael, nodding slightly at his explanation. "I've not heard much about the current situation of other places, hell, I'm not even from here. I just ran for, God, I don't even know how long, whenever the outbreak began. I just had to get away."

@Kestrel @MrPotato @Honourable Louse

Sarah sucked in a breath, putting both palms forward to show they were empty.

“I don't mean any harm. I just haven't seen anyone in weeks. At least, anyone I could talk to. Um…” Her eyes darted nervously between the crossbow and the pair of dogs while she tried to think of what to say. She only caught the bluenette’s nervous tick at the edge of her vision, but it put her somewhat at ease. Nothing about her or the older gentleman screamed outlaw, and even the redhead seemed more apprehensive than aggressive. Maybe introductions would ease the tension?

“I’m Sarah.”

Michael folded his map back and put it inside one of the pockets in his suit. He smiled warmly to the girl, trying to show a bit of friendliness. "I'm Michael."

Phoenix lowered the crossbow. "I'm Phoenix. The dogs are Koda and Angus." When the dogs heard their name, they looked at her attentively. "Good dogs," she said in German. They wagged their tails again. "The wolfhound is Angus, and Koda is the dog that found y'all. He used to be a Search and Rescue dog, 'till he got hurt. He was retired, but now he's been helping me find survivors. You're the only ones we've found who haven't tried to kill me." She got on her knees to pet the dogs and retrieve the ball from Koda's vest. She threw it, and have both dogs the command to go fetch. Both dogs ran off, and Phoenix went back to sizing up the group. Koda and Angus both seemed okay with them, so Phoenix decided to give them all an honest chance. "So, Sarah, where are you headed?"

Danielle Smith

"I'm Danielle, but call me Dani," Dani introduced herself, smiling slightly at the girl. It felt good knowing that these people didn't seem to have any intentions to harm her, and she felt like maybe she had found a few people she could stick with for a bit during this horrible, disease-ridden time.

Sarah returned a smile of her own, visibly relaxing with the weapon no longer pointed at her. She adjusted the strap digging into her shoulder while she considered the question.

“Well… I’m not sure exactly. I’m looking for some friends of mine, but all I know is which way they went.” Her smile faded as concern tightened her expression. “I live around here, or, I did anyway. I got picked up in the evacuation, but they didn’t, and by the time I got back the only thing left was a note.”

Danielle Smith

Dani shrugged off her jacket, the rising sun meant heat, and her back was already beginning to sweat. She tied the jacket firmly around her waist, before hoisting her bag farther up on her back.

"What way did your friends head?" Dani asked, considering helping Sarah find her friends. After all, Dani didn't have anyone to find, anyone that would be waiting for her. The thought didn't seen as bad before, but suddenly, when Dani was here, surrounded with all these people that probably had families and friends looking and waiting for them, it hit her like a ton of bricks. These people were the only people she'd spoken to since she left home, and she didn't know if she'd ever speak to anyone else.

"Mind if I see the note?" Phoenix asked curiously. "Do you know if they were they on foot, or in a vehicle? If you have something with their scent on it, like some clothes, and they weren't in a vehicle, then Koda may be able to help find them."

Angus reappeared with the ball in his mouth, followed by Koda. Both dogs were panting, but their tails were still wagging. Phoenix was surprised with how happy the dogs were to see more humans.

Michael frowned when he heard the word friends. He was suddenly reminded of the fateful incident when his group was ambushed by a horde of the zombies.

All his colleagues and students were brutally slaughtered by the zombies. He tried not to recall that incident.

“West” Sarah replied, setting her bag down and crouching over it. “One of their cars was missing, but I doubt they got very far with it.” Bag unzipped, she retrieved a folded notebook page, shooting a meaningful glance at the pile of cars blocking the road as she stood and passed it to Phoenix. The writing was rushed and cut off suddenly.

Sarah,

heard on radio they evacuated around gym. theyre saying its contained but know theyre lying. were all leaving together. roads out are closed, trying trail by matts then 26 west, dont know where to. well try to

we love you

Kim

“The trail it mentions goes through the woods and comes out by Route 26, maybe thirty miles out of town. It isn’t on any maps, so they might not have blocked it. I was going to follow their path and look for their car, then go from there.” She met Phoenix’s eyes, “Wherever they went, it’s going to be far. I really appreciate it, but I can’t ask you to just drop your own plans for me.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Phoenix shrugged. "It's no biggie. I don't have many plans, besides heading north west." She didn't want to give to many details about where she was going. She planned on going to Montana, where her sister had lived. Even if Julie was gone, or dead, Phoenix had to know. "Do you have something that belonged to them? Anything with their scent on it will do. Preferably uncontaminated, but anything that smells as much like them as possible. It'll give Koda a fighting chance of locating them."

Nikko

... Where am I... Why is it so dark... i felt liquid on her arm, face, and her leg. She pushed that rubble off of herself...

"Ugh, where am I?" Liquid still dripping from my head, and her arm. I felt shock as I regain my collection of memory's of how I got here. Who would abandon a 12 year old at side of a road.

"Hello?! Is anyone there?" I shouted as loud as I could.. I couldnt see ANYONE at all.. What happened to the world? Am I the only one left here is this world...

Lovelesswolfgirl said:
Nikko
... Where am I... Why is it so dark... i felt liquid on her arm, face, and her leg. She pushed that rubble off of herself...

"Ugh, where am I?" Liquid still dripping from my head, and her arm. I felt shock as I regain my collection of memory's of how I got here. Who would abandon a 12 year old at side of a road.

"Hello?! Is anyone there?" I shouted as loud as I could.. I couldnt see ANYONE at all.. What happened to the world? Am I the only one left here is this world...
Can you read the rules and submit a character first?

“Not with me,” Sarah shook her head as she took the note back from Phoenix. “But Matt’s house is only a block from where the trail starts. We could stop in there.” She packed the note away and stood, lifting the duffle bag to her shoulder.

“And, thank you.” She smiled softly. “This really means a lot to me.”

Danielle Smith

"I'm sure we'll find them. It'd be hard to get very far in a car with all the debris and bodies around,"Dani said reassuringly.

"Driving would be the most sensible option but we have to be really careful. The noise it will create and we need to stock up on lots of fuel too."

julia-look_zpscgyu4k4u.png

At: unknown street

With: none

After three hours of walking away from the Hospital, Faye was still not able to find a place where she could stay at least overnight. She was thirsty, hungry, and most of all, tired. She didn't even know where she is right now. Faye was just randomly walking. She sat down at a nearby tree and rested for a while. As she was taking her time, she looked inside the large medical bag that was on her back for a while and there she saw different medicines and multiple kinds of treating tools. Where am I even going to use this for? She had no clue on how she would be able to survive that time. Faye didn't even know how she should be feeling after her father became into a zombie.

Trying not to think too much, she leaned her back at the tree, slowly closed her eyes, and there she fell asleep. After a few minutes, she heard some footsteps slowly approaching her. Her eyes slowly opened, her vision a bit blurry. She rubbed her eye and as her vision cleared, there she saw a kid, standing right in front of her, just creepily staring. The kid's eyes were white and her veins were a bit exposed just like when her father was not him anymore. Faye wasn't sure yet if the kid was already infected so she calmed herself a bit and asked the little girl.

"Hey, are you okay? Where are your parents?" The small girl that was holding a teddy bear didn't answer her question, instead, she tried to bite Faye on the neck. Luckily, Faye was able to push the little girl away from her. She quickly stood up, took the large medical bag, and ran away from the infected little girl. She thought she was able to escape from the kid, however, she ran into someone and started hitting her head from the body of the person she ran into which caused her to fall to the ground. Unfortunately, it was another zombie and this time, it was a man which is scary as fuck.

The zombie then tried to bite her as well, but Faye was able to manage to keep him from biting her. "Heeeeeelp! Anyone! Please!" She didn't know what to do anymore. She was so scared and nervous. From there, tears began falling from her eyes. As she was keeping the zombie man from biting her, she thought of asking God for her to live. Lord please, Help me!

Michael heard the scream. It was a scream of a lady in need of help. The scream sounded pretty close to them. Its either bandits or zombies.

Michael quickly made the decision to get to the scream. He quickly went South, moving past cars and decomposing bodies before he finally saw the young lady with a zombie about to enjoy a hot meal.

Not wanting to make a sound and attract an entire horde, he decided not to shoot. Instead, he uses his hunting rifle as a bat. He kicked the zombie off of the lady and swung his rifle like a bat and bashed the zombie's head.

Teeth and guts flied from its head. Of course, the zombie didn't feel any pain. He repeated the same action, this time harder and more swift. The zombie was knocked out and laid on the floor, dead.

Michael slung back his rifle. That little encounter already tired the old man. He let out a sigh of relief and turned to the woman.

He offered his hand to pull her up,
"Are you alright?"

With: @MrPotato

As Faye was just about to give up, an old man came and kicked the zombie that was on top of her and smashed its head using his rifle. The old man repeatedly hit the zombies' head which caused its teeth and guts flying away from it. It was a brutal way of killing a zombie. Faye was disgusted but somehow, she felt a bit relieved in seeing the zombie killed like that.

The girl then took the old man's hand and stood up from the ground. "Th-Thank you." She said with a trembling voice. She picked up the things that fell from her medical bag. She doesn't know what to do anymore. More tears fell from her eyes as she places the medical related things inside the bag. She was just about to decide to give up but then a rescue came. Life is so random. She murmured to herself. The girl lets out a big sigh, placed the bag on her back, wiped her tears, and stood up once again. Faye bowed to the old man and thanked him again. "I thought I was going to die. Thank you. Thank you so much. I don't know how I could thank you enough but I want to let you know that I appreciate you saving my life."

"No need to thank me miss. I mean, I can't leave you to get eaten right?" Michael joked. He thought he really must have arrived in the nick of time.

"Sorry I had to be a little violent with that guy. It's never a pretty sight to kill one." He spoke apologetically while looking at the zombie he had killed earlier on with its guts all over the road.

"I'm Michael, the Old Man" he joked once more.

@Sweetronica

"Then I'll follow you there," Phoenix said decisively. She understood the pain and desperation behind missing loved ones. "If any of y'all are interested, you're more than welcome to come along. There's strength in numbers. I have a vehicle, an ambulance I picked up."

There was a sudden scream, and Michael ran off towards it. "Angus, Koda. Follow," Phoenix commanded. Both dogs ran off after Michael. Even on three legs, Koda was still fairly agile and quick when he needed to be. Usually, he just tried to persuade Phoenix to carry him places, or pick him up to put him in the truck.

Pace yourself. Control your breathing.

Sarah repeated the thought like a mantra as she tailed Michael and the dogs towards the source of the cry, duffle bag bouncing against her hip. Phoenix had been inviting the others to come along, doing more for her than she could have ever reasonably asked, when the sound reached them. Sarah had taken off immediately, but as much as she wanted to sprint ahead, get there as quickly as possible...

Her fist tightened around the strap. After days without, her medicine would take time to kick in, and she knew from experience the result of overdoing it. Her passing out would help no-one.

It was unbelievably frustrating. She had thought she’d made peace with it, accepted that her place was to guide others to a goal out of her own reach. But that was a lie. She had, after all, never stopped trying, never stopped refining her technique, and if she were completely honest with herself she was probably stronger now than at sixteen. Stronger, but not as strong as she should be. It had taken Armageddon to realize, taken being thrust into a world where her abilities were needed and she found them lacking to understand how much it still hurt.

She came around an upended box truck to see Michael swinging and instinctively turned her eyes. Inhaling deeply a few times to calm her racing heart, her gaze swept their surroundings as she approached, keeping watch while Michael helped the girl, a teenager by the look of it, to her feet.

“We should get moving.” Her breathing was still a little heavy, but she kept her tone even. “That scream will have drawn more attention than ours.”

With: @Kestrel @Honourable Louse @MrPotato

Faye wanted to thank him enough, but only words are all she can give to him for now. However, right after she was saved by the old man, she decided to be strong enough to be able to at least protect herself from unexpected dangers. Faye lifted her head up and lets out a sigh. "Yeah. Good timing." The old man apologized to her because of how he killed the zombie but it wasn't really a big deal for her. In fact, she was a bit relieved and satisfied to see the zombie dead.

"My name is Faye, Faye Monroe." She said right after the man introduced his self. She then heard some footsteps approaching their way and there she saw a girl with two dogs, breathing heavily. "We should get moving." The girl with two dogs said. "That scream will have drawn more attention than ours." Faye fully agreed to what she said. She totally forgot that the dead zombie beside her is not the only 'zombie', there are still more out there. "Yeah. We should get going."

She then started walking, following the path of the road. Faye stopped for a moment and quietly listened. She heard some voices but at first, it was a bit vague, however, as she narrowed her eyes, there she saw multiple zombies walking towards them. "Shit. There they are." She knew that her scream caught too much attention of those walking corpses but she doesn't have much time to feel guilty.

"C'mon! Let's take the other side of the road." Faye started to run as fast as she can towards the other side of the road. It was a bit unsafe to just randomly run, but she has to live, she still has to go home. God. first a kid, second a man, and now, a group of them? How fortunate. Do you really want me to live? The girl thought.

Phoenix stopped as the newest girl ran off across the street. She commanded Angus to follow. Hopefully, he could protect her.

From Phoenix's vantage point, she could only see three of those things. She propped up her crossbow on an the hood of a car. An arrow was already loaded. She shot one zombie in the head, and made it actually dead.

The zombies turned towards her and approached, outstretched arms, clawing the air. She backed up and reloaded another bolt. The small zombie group came around to her side of the car. Phoenix killed the nearest one, which only left one more.

Koda barked a warning, and another zombie grabbed Phoenix's leg from underneath the car. It crawled out and chomped on her boot. She squealed and yanked her foot away. It was mostly just a head, torso and arms, with bones from the pelvis down, where the legs had been chewed off. The body was partially burned, with the right side black and crispy.

Bike rose in her throat. The burned, rotting flesh smelled horrible, and made her gag. She swallowed and kicked it away.

Danielle Smith

Dani's head whipped around as Phoenix began to be grabbed at by zombies. She managed to ward them off by herself, but there was no doubt there would be more, more than the group of five could handle.

"We have to get going if we're going to help Sarah find her friends. We'll need to gather supplies, quickly, and hope that we can get the hell out of here without attracting too many of those zombies," Dani said, her voice quickening as her blood pressure began to rise.

"By the way, I'm Dani," Danielle greeted the new girl quickly, offering her a small wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back