Yūbina Maeno

AvidElmV2

Four Thousand Club

NAME.

"Hey! I'm Yūbina Maeno!"

Yūbina Maeno

GENDER.

"What!? I'm a b-beautiful young girl! Can't you tell? Well, m-maybe beautiful is a little too much.."

Female

AGE.

"My mommy used to say I'll learn lots of new things about myself when I turn thirteen... That's really specific if you ask me."

RANK.

"I just got out of the academy! I'm officially a Genin!"

Genin

VILLAGE NATIONALITY.

"O-oh, I come from Amegakure! Don't you think our rebreathers are so cute? Hehe!"

Amegakure

CLAN. 

"My clan name is Maeno, but... N-No. I was born in this clan, and I'll carry its name proudly for years to come! That's what I promised mother!"

Yūbina hails from the dying Maeno clan, a clan who's past, and overall existence, [SIZE= 16px]is relatively unknown. They are known by a very small group for their strange plant like physiology,  agility, and inhuman chakra capacity. The clan's member's are very susceptible to Katon techniques and blunt force, being very fragile. A well-placed strike can easily down a member of this clan, which is why they attempt to excel in their defense. Another strange fact about the clan is their ability to 'absorb' a portion of the water from Suiton techniques and transform it into energy for themselves, healing minor injuries and revitalizing themselves[/SIZE][SIZE= 16px], as well as their ability to absorb nutrients from the soil as a minor substitute for food. This does not apply to the earth used in Doton techniques. The clan member's Kekkei Genkai only begin's to manifest itself at the age of 13, and even then, there is a very small chance it will appear.[/SIZE]

KEKKEI GENKAI.

"What's a 'kinky genki'...?"

The Maeno clan's Akuma No Hana, translating to Demon Blossom, is the base 'technique' for the rest of their skills, all of them being heavily situated around the uses of nature as a weapon. If you think this may sound very similar to the Wood release techniques used by the Senju clan, you are very right and very wrong at the same time. Both Kekkai Genkai is focused in the woodlands, but while Wood release control's the aspect of what its name entitles, Nature not only controls but can also create most if not all forms of fauna and plant life. Weeds, vines, and most importantly flowers go on to do the users bidding, ripping and rending their target's apart as if they were paper or shooting poisonous darts into their flesh. For all of the techniques power, the clan's member's are often very fragile and physically weak, relying on their speed and techniques to dish out debilitating damage.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE.

person7.jpg

"People say I'm really pale, but I think it's normal."

Yūbina is a fair skinned lad with a small stature, seemingly underfed as well due to her thinness, although this is natural for those of the Maeno. She has wide, hazel-brown eye's that always seem to be filled with an innocent curiosity, except for when she is truly angry or emotional. She has full jet black hair that hangs down to her shoulder, her bangs hiding a series of unsightly scars on her forehead.

CLOTHING.

"I like my clothes... W-what? You don't...?"
Yūbina is often seen wearing a short black skirt that fits tightly around her waist with a plain white shirt, the bottom tucked into her skirt,  and a floral crown adorned top her head with two flower head bow's tying her dark hair into pig tails. When on mission's, she wears a tight black jumpsuit transitioning from black to gray the further down it goes. The jumpsuit's right leg is lined with pockets, which 

Yūbina keeps a random assortment of items inside of, whether or not they will be of help to the mission or not.

PERSONALITY.

"I'm way nicer than a lot of the ninja in Amegakure! They all get mad too easily..."

Yūbina is a bubbly, energetic young girl, often failing to understand, or just refusing to, the lifestyle of a shinobi, most notably the sacrifices they may have to make and the lives they will eventually take. She can be very headstrong when it comes to her beliefs, refusing to see it any other way no matter how wrong she is. She is also quite temperant, like most shinobi in Amegakure, but she has learned to control her anger and supress it, although this skill can be just as easily forgotten as it was learned. The girl attempts to be very independent, preferring not to seem weak to others, although this, as stated before, just an attempt. Despite her strong nature and attempts at maturity, the girl is still a fearful girl and has been looking for something stable to build a life on since the death of her family.

BACKSTORY.

"...Jeez, you sure do ask a lot of questions, don't you...?"

For one to know and understand Yūbina one most learn of the history and origins of her clan. A fact unknown to most, Yūbina's clans member's were not born into this world. They were made into it. They simply weren't and then were. The original clan's member's were test subjects in a series of DNA splicing test that took place sometime in Amegakure's past. The test subjects, 500 in whole, would be split into test groups of 100, each group infused with either the DNA of octopi, chameleon, jaguar, ect. The particular group that Yūbina's, and every newer plant subject, cells can be traced back to the very first plant subjects, who were spliced with the more 'savory' strands of DNA from a multitude of plants, so many in fact that one would have a hard time naming them all in one sitting. The clan, of course, wouldn't come to be for some time, when the DNA splicing technology used for these test was perfected. Or, atleast, good enough so that the subjects wouldn't start growing bulbs all over their bodies.

The Maeno, as the team tasked with their creation had begun to call them, were subject to the most basic fundamentals of education, as well as a Physical Readiness test that most didn't pass due to genetic defects caused by playing God with mankinds DNA. Still, a good number of them moved on to be considered stage 2 Maeno by passing these test, a step away from being 'perfected'. Each Maeno was identifiable by a unique marking on their forehead, simply playing at the fact that they weren't considered human. Interestingly enough a strange mutation appeared in those of the second generation Maeno. One strangely inexplicable and, all the same, entirely welcome. The Maeno's chakra, moreso the spirtual energy than the physical, had increased tenfold from that of the last set, far suceeding that of the average man. While an ordinary Genin could only stretch their chakra so far before their bodies gave up, the Maeno could go far beyond that and never even drop halfway below their own reserves. While their chakra had become much stronger, almost compareable to that of a Jounin, their chakra control had taken a significant decrease, the energy running rampant and free in their bodies, making it harder to focus and control. Whether this was a side effect caused by the nature chakra held in the plants or some other unforseen consequence, no one knew.

Throughout a Maneo's life, their memories of the events occuring in the labs were constantly wiped and replaced with a powerful genjutsu, almost guranteed to last a lifetime, similar to the ANBU's Time Reversal Technique. This kept them in check, preventing the event of a rebellion due to the harsh treatment. At all times, there was only one or two Maeno in commission and even then both were kept in seperate cells and knew little more than the faces of those caring for them.

Upon turning the age of 13 and beginning exhibit qualities of plant life, a Maeno was thrust into an unfamilar enviroment from the lab in Amegakure, the distance and circumstances varying from their accomplishments beforehand. The point of this was to see if it were possible for them to survive on the nutrients of the soil and manifest their abilities while they travelled back to Amegakure to recieve their warm welcome. Most, however, died from starvation during the journey or just disappeared off the map. Amazingly, one Maeno actually made it the entire way, collapsing outside the city gates. When he was given an autopsy, it was revealed that he had been dying of excessive salt intake when he appeared. This viscious cycle continued, claming life after artifical life, until, eventaully, it was Maeno, Yūbina's turn to take the walk.

The procedure for Yūbina wasn't much different than it was for anyone else. She was forcibly drugged and dragged out to the borders of the Land of Lightning. She was given a ragged burlap tunic and an equally rough and scratchy pair of pants to wear and was left to her own devices. Instead, however, of waking to the dazzling sun and the creatures of the day, Yūbina was greeted by the cresent moon and its many holes and the warmth of what seemed like a campfire. Sitting up to find the source, the girl was met with the sight of a man with well kept golden hair and sharp, blue eyes that seemedto  dance with a fire of their own. Like many others, he sat around the fire with his back turned to them while others set up their tents, yet he was the first to answer, his voice as smooth and sweet as honey. He explained to her how the group, who turned out to be foreign mercanaries from a land much farther than any she had ever heard of, -Whats a 'Europe'?- had found her in the middle of the road during their travels. They mercanaries, although their line of work less than satisfactory, were all kind to her, sharing their names and  stories. There was George, a former slave looking for a better life, and Lord Rennault, a disgraced knight who wished to have a purpose, and Helga the acrobat who was simply looking for adventure, and they all confided their secrets in a child they met only a few hours ago. Strange people from strange lands with stranger customs.

After this, the group took her along with them, not feeling it right to leave her on the side of the road with nothing to eat or drink. They taught her to survive in the wild and how to think and act under pressure. She even took fencing lessons from the leader of the mercanaries, the golden haired man named Ebalard, the blacksmith in the group promising to make her her own weapons with their leftover materials before they parted. She found a family in the people and had she known the lies she'd been made to believe she would have never left. But she had to go back home, to her real family in Amegakure, her mind told her. And so, the group took her so far as their destination, which was quite far from her own, and went on their merry way. Stopping to rest before she continued to trek home, Yūbina made it back in a record fifteen days and in perfect health.

She was perfected and her spot among the gods was forever reserved.

She was quickly taken in by Amegakure's medical ninja where she was then handed off to the  government officials overseeing her project before anyone even noticed her. After a few checkups and test to prove that she had, in fact, made it back using her acquired abilities.-why did standing on this soil make her feel full? Why was it turning gray?- Her memories and experience, which she was quick to share, were consequenctially wiped and replace. Fencing training? Her mother had spent some time 'abroad' and 'picked up a few things. Beautiful blonde man? Her father had been very handsome after all. She was given a alias to go by, an entire history, a home, fake relatives, ect. Yūbina Maeno was now someones next door neighbor and seemed to have always been. Everyone knew her and no one asked questions. It was as if she hadn't just shown up out of thin air. Yet, despite being set free onto Amegakure, Yūbina was never truly free. She always was being watched no matter what she did, and being judged for it. For the scientist, she was just a germ in a petri dish they were toying with and observing, noting how it behaved around other germs and how it interacted with them. For the third stage was not perfection. She would never truly be perfect.

Her life would be orchestrated forever and always by the powers that be.

CHAKRA AFFILIATION.

"Oh, this is a question I know the answer to!"

Yūbina, like others in her clan, is talented in both Doton and Suiton, although she has only recently started training in Suiton and has made minimal progress. When it comes to Doton, however, she has come a very long way, even capable of transforming her constructs into mud when they become wet to slow down her opponents, although after this she loses control of the chakra infused inside.

JUTSU STYLE. 

"Right step, left step, parry! H-hey! I got it! I go- OW! Uh, c-can I get a bandaid please...?"

Yūbina has minor training in the art of Kenjutsu and fencing although is looking to expand her knowledge. The girl has created her own practice, Ken-Fen, utilizing the best principles of both the practices, as well as using her knowledge of Kenjutsu and the unfamiliarity of fencing to most ninja to her advantage. Along with this, Yūbina trains her skills in ninjutsu, although her main focus lies in Ken-Fen.

SUBJUTSU.

"I'm good at other stuff, too!"

Besides her strengths in Ken-Fen and ninjutsu, Yūbina, utilising her surprising knowledge of medical herbs, makes a great psuedo medic, even without any formal training. Without the actual training provided to medical ninja's and their techniques, however, Yūbina and her herbs can only go so far... and, to a lesser and much more technical extent, Yūbina can cast 'genjutsu' using one of the hallucenogic plants in her arsenal.

GEAR.

"Look at all my cool stuff and know its okay to be jelly!"

Among her arsenal of random objects and trinkets, Yūbina has very few truly dangerous weapons, but they often make up for it by being unorthodox and therefore inconspicuous. One of her more obvious weapons is her rapier, a foreign weapon introduced to Yūbina by a foreign sword for hire. They are each standard fare and neither better than the other. Her next weapon is the average kunai, albeit with a serrated blade. She uses this akimbo with her rapier as a close ranged weapon for when an opponent leaves her rapiers range.

[SIZE= 16px]JUTSU.[/SIZE]

Yūbina has learned a few Doton techniques among the basics taught to her throughout her career as a shinobi, most being created by her herself. Most are rudamentary and used as party tricks, but there are a few that can do major damage. At this point in time, she is completely unaware of her Kekkai Genkai.

Doton Release: Stone Hail [D-Rank]

Channeling her chakra into her palms before slamming them down onto the the ground, Yūbina can move her chakra through the earth and gain control (levitate, lift launch, or shake) most stones, although larger rocks will require more control over the users chakra. At her current level of control, Yūbina is only capable of lifting one medium sized boulder with intense effort and ten stones. She can also shake loose the earth with ease.

Doton Release: Inescapable Hell [D-Rank]

Caving the earth in beneath a target, Yūbina is capable of creating an opening large enough to swallow[SIZE= inherit] most men whole, the earth capable of closing in around them and crushing or suffocating them.[/SIZE]

Doton Release: Hiding Like A Mole [D-Rank]

This technique is similar to the Inescapable Hell technqiue, although it targets Yūbina by dropping her into the earth, channeling chakra into it fast enough to churn it to fine sand, allowing Yūbina dig through it like a mole. The user can pinpoint where they are, despite being underground, by sensing the magnetic forces. They can also sense the positions of those on the surface via the shifts in the earth and use that information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy.

Doton Release: Stone Dragon [C-Rank]

This technique functions as a weaker version of the Doton Earth Dragon, with very little differences except for a slight change in size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back