• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yu-Gi-Oh! The Clash of the Gods

MetalOcean

UoBzLjP.png
About 10 years ago, 11 stone relics were dug up, and put on display. Though, many questions were asked due to how old historians dated the items. Some items weren't even 100 years old and made of metal, and were somehow worn down to the point of becoming stone. The strange thing is, the items were found with shallow compartments that normal items of their kind didn't have.
The items are:
The Century Pistol,
The Century Sabre,
The Century Dagger,
The Century Helmet,
The Century Bow,
The Century Glove,
The Century Axe,
The Century Mask,
The Century Sword,
The Century Shield,
and The Century Boots.
Though, a month ago, the most powerful of the Century Items, The Century Sword, was stolen by somebody using a strange monster and a strange type of duel. Along with this, Industrial Illusions announced that three cards of a new type were stolen. To add onto the bad news, The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode was stolen. But, there's always light in the dark, so a tournament opened up a week after all of that happened to promote the new feature introduced into duel disks by Kaiba Illusions, a collaboration project between Kaiba Corp and Industrial Illusions, though the two companies remain separate. The new feature is the introduction of monster AIs, allowing for more advanced fight animations, and being able to talk and interact with monsters outside of duels, though some extremely rare monsters have animations that are somewhat buggy.

OOC:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/yu-gi-oh-the-clash-of-gods-ooc.323802/
Character Signup:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/yu-gi-oh-the-clash-of-gods-character-signup.323803/

Last edited:

yugiohcla-png.295591

Hundreds of guards scream, some drop to the floor, others run as fast as they can. All weary of the only door blasted open in the entire building. There is only faint light in that room; the light that is under a display case of a 6 foot stone sword. A tall boy steps to the display case with a smile; he punches through the glass of the display case. The boy begins to cry as he grabs the sword and pulls it out of the display case. The sword begins to shimmer. Rock of the sword crumbles away to reveal a sleek metal sword with neon lights laced around the blade.

The boy wipes away tears and attaches sword to this back with a large magnetic plate on his back. Sirens awake and the lights of the room flicker petty red.

The control room has only the lights of the myriad of television screens that surround the supervising guard.The supervising guard watches everything unfold; the guard calms down his breathing and begins to laugh at the intruder. The supervisor turns on the intercom:

"So you really think you are going to get out of here, aye! Hah!"

"Mhm"

"So what you gonna duel me, is that what you want!"

A large dueling desk jets out of the wall of the control room toward the supervising guard. The guard pulls out a deck.

The supervisor yells, "Dueling Network Engage!"

Grid lines appear all over the control room and display room. The grid lines begin to fluctuate.

The boy stares at the display case and speaks," Your name is Erick Jameson. If you do stop me, I'll just have to hunt you down."

"...what, you say...?"

"Dueling Network Engage.."

63830f45145c5fc44a26736c582f0690.jpg

GBhkG6l.jpg

-Is Nami's first words as she returns to her first newscast in two years.
"Because the Kaiba Illusions getting bombed will now give me nightmares."

She has returned to DNN, the news center that is always available to watch on any Dueling Network connected device; she stands at DNN's headquarters, in front of this weird robot statue that her ex-friend Beth got the station to buy for design-but they couldn't spend the money on something like a decent coffee machine in the break room or some good writers to make up news stories without having to wait for some cool crap like this to happe-

Nami reports the coverage," We have pictures coming in now of Kaiba Illusions Visitor Center being robbed and demolished from the inside. Surprisingly, we have already been notified that an artifact called a Century Item has been stolen. This is a truly tragic day as we do not know the status of staff health or how this will affect the-oh, yeah it looks like they are still going on with the city tournament in about a week, wow today still has the ray of sunshine right?"

Yes, her new strategy of undercutting the tragedy will surely keep at DNN this time. Grace will soon be striked with revenge for stealing Nami's job at DNN - Wolrdwide. Yes, today marks a day for Nami.

9e87a0ed75108b5ee039e53109be6a5f.jpg

The "Duel Cafe" is bustling with customers staring at the strange girl on her knees in front of door. The quaint cafe is a little red building wedged with skyscraper concrete, even the the roof of the building was covered by a office room of the building over. Little tables with, now, untouched coffee and cakes scattered with customers.

The crowd already questioned her age, she was 15, and why she was on her knees, her reply was "I'm waiting for the owner!". After a tension filled 20 minutes, the owner of the cafe steps outside to see the girl.

The owner is a thin man with a piece of hair clinging onto his chin. Dressed in a fine silk dress shirt and jeans, he leans toward the girl.

He says," Fine, I can give you some left over biscuits from yesterday. You've won your pity and I hope you can have a good day."

She looks up with an angry face,"No. I want to duel for my food."

"...So you don't only want me to pity you with food, but you want me to make you feel better by taking it?"

"Yes!"

"Are you crazy? If I was your parent, dear god."

"And I need to win too!"

The crowd begins to murmur, with a few giggling at the girl. She was a regular, nothing like this ever happened before though. She was also known to be the worst duelist to have ever come to the cafe.

The owner's eyes widened and he quickly returned inside, only to bring out a bag of biscuits to throw on the floor to the girl.

He yelled,"Take it already!"

The girl's stomach growled.

She repeated, as she had for the last 20 minutes, " I swear I've gotton stronger, if you just give me a chance already! I'm hungry!"
Khaistorm Khaistorm SamanthaRose SamanthaRose Kaze Kitsune Kaze Kitsune K KaibaNationYGO @Saban

"I say duel her." Asked a mysterious voice behind the crowd. Getting their attention the people turned to see a young male sitting at a table having a mock duel with his friend. He looked over his shoulder to show a smile that was full of joy. "Unless you're scared to duel her of course. What do you think kaze?" He asked as he looked over his shoulder to the person he was dueling.

"Hm i believe it would show what she capable of so of course i'd have to agree." I would look over from where i was sitting and looking at the two people in the center of the crowd and smiling while looking towards at them away from the duel.

"Then it's decided." I turn back to the owner and the girl with an amused expression on my face. "This is a duel cafe isn't it? So it's only fair if you accept her challenge. And as a duelist, you should respond as of such." He explained.

[/border]

9e87a0ed75108b5ee039e53109be6a5f.jpg

Khaistorm Khaistorm Kaze Kitsune Kaze Kitsune

The owner squinted his eyes at the two duelist. One white haired, young, the other black haired. His cafe did bring in the young crowd but sometimes he couldn't stand there manners would still take some time to develop. But to try to justify this, it was ridicoulous. It was-

"This is idiotic. You know what. Go ahead and duel her. If she wants. The point of this cafe is a nice calm place for people, not to be shouting for duels. You can go do that in the streets of this city if ya want. Ridiculous!"

The crowd shrugged and they all slowly returned to there meals and conversations, seems like everything was going to be solved in a bit. The girl stood up and waved to the white-haired teen.

She spoke with a soft tone:
"Thank you..."

The girl rolled up her humongous sleeves to reveal a thin rectangular box strapped on her left wrist. The box had green borders and a LCD screen displayed on the top, showing hundreds of little notifications. The girl tapped the top of the box and a rectangular metal wing jetted out from the side of the box. And a BEEP came from the device.

Beta-The-Electro-Magnet-Warrior_zpsdnjwi7da.png~c200

"BEEP. Thank you for allowing my untalented duelist to participate in a game of wits with you."
"Alright, Beta you came out because you were pumped too, right! We are finally making are way to the tippy top!."

"I suppose, I'm merely here to enjoy the battles of fellow entities in order to gain financial or social status."
"One of these days... So Yeah."
The girl waved again to the white one, "My name's Kayla. "​

My eyes widen up as I saw beta morph in front of me. Hearing her I snap myself out of my amazement and revealed a small smile. "It was nothing. I'm pretty sure you would have mopped the floor with the old guy anyway haha." At that moment a blazing humanoid manifested beside me with his arms crossed against his chest. Even though having a mask over his face you can feel the irritation. "If I told you once I told you many times before. Respect your elders Sora. You are a user of the heroes. So act like it." Sora stuck his tongue out at his companion and waved off his comment. "He started it. He should have dueled her. As a duelist, he had no right to decline it." I replied. "THAT ISN'T YOUR PLACE TO RESPOND!" He shouted in my ear. "Yeah yWhat'sWhats done is done geez," I said before smiling at the girl revealing her name. "Dont mind my partner. My name is sora, nice to meetcha kayla." NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay Kaze Kitsune Kaze Kitsune

Zachary looked at his waist, and the belt around it. Attached to the belt were four boxes of an obviously high quality. He smiled as he looked at them, his most valuable possessions in them. That's right, they were his deck boxes. At least three were. He took off a necklace he was wearing and inserted the key attached to it into the first deck, turned it, and opened the box containing his mixed deck and took out the only card in the side deck compartment.

"Beast King Barbaros, you're amazing." He said to his card, smiling. He was about to put it back into the box when he saw some people talking with one of their monsters. He put his necklace back on and pulled up a chair near the three others and sat in it.

"How are you three doing?" He asked them.

Last edited:
Hearing the voice call out I turned to see him and shook my head. "Well, we would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that miss Kayla didn't put such a hard punishment on herself. I mean if it was me ill already broken my promise of no eating." He laughed. MetalOcean MetalOcean

"I don't know what you're talking about, but what monster is that?" Zachary asked, looking at the masked figure, who is obviously a monster. "I'm thinking it's a Flamvell monster, but that set didn't have any humanoids, did it?" He asked, drawing a blank. "Is it... A hero?" He asked, after rubbing his chin for a few seconds.

Sora gave the male a blank stare until realizing what he meant. "Oh, you mean him?" Points at blazeman. "This is my partner E-hero blazeman. He and I been through a lot together and I couldn't ask for anyone better. Even if he is a nag." I said softly which caused blazeman to throw a fireball at me causing me to laugh.

Zachary instinctively started reaching a hand out to grab a drink to put out the fire, but then remembered that it was a hologram. "Seems cool. What's his effect? I have a friend who uses Heroes as well." Zachary asked, looking at Flameman again.

"Effect? You mean his real card effect?" He sat there and thought about it. "I forget hehe." He replied sheepishly which blazeman sighed deeply at his master answer.

"Wait really?" Zachary asked, looking a bit dumbstruck. "You must use him all the time, or at the very least often, right? You said he's your partner, so you should remember it by heart. I remember my partner's effect by heart." He said, bragging a bit at the end.

"Guess im more of the 'On the spot' Type of guy haha. No point racking my brain over things like that when all is insincts when it comes to dueling right?" He said as he lean back in his chair.

"Nah, I guess not. Plus, my partner's effect is simple. You can summon him without tributing at the cost of 1100 attack points, or summon him with three tributes to wipe your opponent's field. Gives him a good amount of versatility." Zachary said before the other one started talking. "Same. My memory isn't that good either when it isn't for dueling. Also, what's your name?" He said to both.

"Zero Kitsune or Fox people call me by either but sora calls me kaze so one of those three it's up to you"I would be drinking a pop at where i was sitting.

"My buddy here just said my name. But just in case, the name is sora kurosaki mate. It's nice to meet you." He said before getting to his feet and leaving a $10 on the table. "I'll love to stay but i have a date to be to and ill hate to be late hehe. Ill catch you two later." He said before walking out the shop

"Then I'll see you later, probably." Zachary said before putting his chair back where he brought it from and then going to his table to pay his bill and leave a tip.

As he would walk down the streets he stops to a television window display that held the news feed of the accident at Kaiba corp. "Why would this unknown assailant steal a sword used over 3000 years ago? No one knows we attempted to get answers from the director of the building and this is what he had to say." A small screen appeared beside her head showing the new director of Kaiba corp trying to avoid the press but with no prevail. "I don't understand why you morons are still even here. We at Kaiba crop has everything under control. But just in case you're watching this, you thief. I hope you're prepared for what's to come cause no one steals from Kaiba corp. Not on my watch." He finished as he walked away leaving the reporters with more questions. The screen vanished leaving the lady alone once more. "With this will finish today's broadcast. On recent events, the duel tournament that everyone is excited for is coming up. Hope all duelist is ready for what's to come when it comes to dueling the duel champ themselves." Sora sighed and walked away from the screening and continued walking down the road. "Duel champ huh? Sounds like a neat title for yours truly."

I would look at television and be interested in the sword, more than the tournament "Why steal sword, rather than an expensive blueprint or technology why a relic, hm" I would continue on my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back