Yseult DuBois

Neon Valkyrie

She Who Is Called I Am
Human

Member Form

What do you expect from RP's? : Hmmm ... well, really I only have a few expectations; That people try to get along, even if there's conflict between characters. That everyone do their best to be inclusive, creative, and respectful. Finally, and I don't really consider this an expectation as much as a hope, that everyone write with others in mind.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain :
Uh, no, in this case I expect everyone to kneel before Zod.
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? :
Oh, all the experience. I've been roleplaying for a decade in one form or another, one website or another. Then there's those times with the psychiatrist ...
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : The short list would be the types I don't like; Arranged marriage, romantic slice-of-life, Quest roleplays, and Arena-style roleplays. I can't think of anything else that I'm not open to.
What times are you available? : Strange times, but at least say ... 6-7 days a week at one time or another. I'm on PST, but I work weird hours, often in the wee bits of the morning.
How long on average are you on? : Oh, hours and hours. I'll also pop online during breaks, but I refuse to post anything longer than a few sentences on my phone. It's just ... smartphones were not created to produce great literature.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : A million and one, so long as they're one word each. Depends on the length, how much I have to back-reference or read, and whether or not anyone else is online when I am. Worst case scenario, a post a day. Best case scenario, I break RPNation's servers.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Oh I'll blow up ya world if you let me, but it's not for me to monopolize world creation, and when I get going, I tend to be ... thorough? Obnoxious? Something along those lines. Sometimes it's best to keep things curt, lest the task of posting become an arduous and studious endeavour.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Not unless it's just a general framework. I'm simply paralyzed with indecision when controlling a character that I haven't created, because I don't really know who they are on the brain-side.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Pffft, yes, yes, and yes, even though you only asked once.
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Hmmm ... I will go for a soft yes. I would be happy to once I'm practised with your system, but not before then. I mean, I could come up with a plot and do the flavour-craft ...

Last edited:
General Traits

Character Picture: ( optional )
Character Role: Companion
Character Name: Yseult DuBois
Meaning of Name: Yseult; Fr. - Archer / DuBois; Fr. - "Of the wood." ~ (E-zold Dew-Bwah)
Alias: Neophyte Priestess of the Church of Unification
Race: Human

Appearance
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 127 lbs
Hair: Brun
Eyes: Vert
Body Marks: N/A
Description: Yseult is a fair, slender girl of modest, almost boyish proportions. Thick locks of chocolate brown hair cascade around her shoulders, framing her delicate, youthful features while thick plumes of lashes frame her large, peridot eyes. Muscular despite her size, her labours are clear in the roughness of her hands and feet. Freckles are spattered across her nose, arms, and presumably the rest of her.

Last edited:
Biography

Birth Place: Lorraine Island, Ildumar Archipelago
Date of Birth: Nware 16, 979 CYAD
Nationality: Easterner - Ildumarienne
Personality:
Determined - "Nothing is impossible, just temporarily out-of-reach."

Hardworking - "The maker rewards the deserving. If you want something, throw your whole self toward it, and when you've given enough, the world will reciprocate."

Selfless - "We are only as strong as the arms that hold us up, as stalwart as the hearts that stand behind us, as capable as the hands joined with ours."

Sheltered - "The priests taught me how a person SHOULD live outside the church walls ... but the actual LIVING of it continues to vex me."

Indecisive - "I have spent my life following the instructions of others. You cannot simply instruct me, now, to think for myself."

Naive - "Good men don't lie, and evil men don't pray."
Weaknesses: Institutionalized - Yseult has spent her entire life behind the walls of a monastery. She has about as much experience with the outside world as a young schoolchild.
History: One stormy day in Nware, 18 years ago, a priestess of the church of unification stepped out onto the steps of the cathedral on L'isle de Lorraine. There simply to survey the grey, rainy morning over a cup of hot tea, the woman wasn't terribly surprised to find a little, green eyed baby girl staring quietly up at her. The girl was skinny, wrapped in a pillowcase and laid carefully in a nest of burlap and wicker. A note had been clumsily scrawled, and folded, and tucked in with her wrappings, a note that read simply;

"This is my little angel, Yseult. She has her late mother's eyes, and I can no longer bear it. Please keep her safe, and tell her that I love her ... but I loved her mother first."

Yseult was raised as orphans are; her days were spent in school, her afternoons were spent doing chores around the church, and her nights were spent in the dorms with the other orphans and cast-outs. She was always happy to serve the people who took her in, and even pledged she would one day become a disciple herself. She was seventeen, two years into her vocational studies, when she was called to see the head priest. Sitting her down in his office, he handed her the letter she was found with. It took her weeks to recover, but when she emerged from her room, she was twice as resolved to prove herself to the church. It seemed only natural that the local parish would volunteer her as a companion to the saviour when the time came.
Life Skills: Cooking, sewing, woodcraft, knitting, knot-work, painting, reading, writing, drawing, and music theory, though she only knows how to play her flute.

Last edited:
Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire:

Modest Robes: Build for travelling, comfort, and generally being the only piece of clothing one owns, this long, darkened-azure garment is meant to inspire tranquility in onlookers. Tight in the shoulders, with a square collar and buttons down the front.
Under-things: A thin, white robe worn under her heavier garments for comfort, and modesty.
Coat: A long, patched, brown leather coat lined in cotton.
Hat: A wide brimmed leather hat with a flat top, protection from the rain, usually stored in her pack.
Personal Items:
Stick: a rather hefty looking, 3-foot-long section of oak branch that Yseult picked up along the road one day after overhearing a comment that she'd be useless if a fight broke out.
Religious Focus: A silver medallion bearing the symbol of the church of unification, meant as a focus during prayer or spellcasting.
Pack: a brown canvas backpack she keeps her things in.
Flute: A wooden flute she bought at market one day.
Wooden comb: An ebony comb with a little white flower painted on the handle.
Craft supplies: A small bundle of crafting items including a needle and a bobbin of sturdy thread, knitting needles, a small pocket knife, a set of pencils and two sheets of paper.
Books: A journal, the scriptures of unification, and a tame romance novel.
Mess kit: a set of metal eating utensils, a plate, a cup, and a cook-pan for using over a fire.
Sparkwheel: A small, handheld tool for starting fires.
Waterskin: a waterskin ...

Last edited:
Combat Section

Metatron:
Description: A metatron has learned a few words in the language of creation. By force of faith and will, these words can inflict harm, curse, inspire or empower, heal, and protect.
Elemental Affinity: Light/Darkness/Fire
Types of Artes: ATK/DEF/HEAL/SPT
Base Stats: HP 4 / SE 20 / CCA: 4 ///

Special Ability: Voice of Power - Outside of combat, in a face-to-face conversation, Yseult can compel a single creature to obey a single command. Whether or not the attempt succeeds, the creature cannot be commanded again for 24-hours.

Personal Artes:

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Septus
Type: DEF
Description: Creates a ten foot diameter sphere that is impenetrable, protecting those inside, but also immobilizing them. Spell centred on Caster.
Elemental: Light
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Arte level 2
Name of Arte: Curatus
Type: HEAL
Description: Heals target creature within 30 feet up to 12 damage.
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

Arte level 3
Name of Arte: Benedictus
Type: SPT
Description: Buffs a single attribute, be it health, defence, attack, a particular skill or ability, etc.
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Arte level 4
Name of Arte: Anathematus
Description: debuffs a single attribute, like bless in reverse.
Elemental: Darkness
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

Arte level 5
Name of Arte: Conreptus
Type: ATK
Description: Fires a large ray of searing golden light from the user's body. Creatures and objects caught in the light are subjected to fire damage.
Elemental: Fire
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE
CCA: 15

Last edited:
Please have a look inside the quote below. It will show any comments or changes I may suggest regarding the combat section.

Please make the necessary changes as needed.

also whenever possible please move your character to the CS thread section which is now open

https://www.rpnation.com/forums/characters-section.4218/

Combat Section

Metatron:
Description: A metatron has learned a few words in the language of creation. By force of faith and will, these words can inflict harm, curse, inspire or empower, heal, and protect.
Elemental Affinity: Light/Darkness/Fire
Types of Artes: ATK/DEF/HEAL/SPT
Base Stats: HP 4 / SE 20 / CCA: 4 ///

Special Ability: Voice of Power - Outside of combat, in a face-to-face conversation, Yseult can compel a single creature to obey a single command. Whether or not the attempt succeeds, the creature cannot be commanded again for 24-hours.

If your character applies this ability on another character, you would always need the players permission to perform it.
Using it on NPC's may be easier. But it can be viewed as OP in many ways.

Personal Artes:

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Septus
Type: DEF
Description: Creates a ten foot diameter sphere that is impenetrable, protecting those inside, but also immobilizing them. Spell centred on Caster.
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Unfortunately, most artes have a single target. In the case of DEF artes, they protect either the player or 1 character. In the future, Targeting Techniques will be made available for your character to increase the number for protection. For now, however it is only 1 person it can protect.

Arte level 2
Name of Arte: Curatus
Type: HEAL
Description: Heals target creature within 30 feet up to 12 damage.
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

Range is irrelevant here. Also +12 HP is excessive considering the artes level and the fact that players start out with 6 HP. For this level of healing either +3HP, or a status effect cure would be more appropriate or a combination.

Arte level 3
Name of Arte: Benedictus
Description: Buffs a single attribute, be it health, defence, attack, a particular skill or ability, etc.
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

When building SPT types, you need a specific effect and specific duration.
I suggest something along the lines of the following: +3 DEF DICE for 3 turns/posts
There you see it targets Defense Dice and has a limit to it.

Arte level 4
Name of Arte: Anathematus
Description: debuffs a single attribute, like bless in reverse.
Elemental: Darkness
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

debuffing is done by status effects, which come from the Arte Type PNM ( phenomenon ) SPT is naturally used for allies

Arte level 5
Name of Arte: Conreptus
Type: ATK
Description: Fires a large ray of searing golden light from the user's body. Creatures and objects caught in the light are subjected to fire damage.
Elemental: Fire
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE
CCA: 15

ATK shares the same targeting limitations as all the other types just so you know.
Approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back