Anime & Manga Your Name Opinions

AllHailDago

Rough Tough Creampuff
So I've seen generally positive reviews but dunno what it's about. Nor do I know anyone personally who's seen it. I don't want to Google it out of fear of spoilers.

Anyone seen it who can give me a brief description and opinion on the movie and br as spoiler free as possible?

I'd say going into it spoiler-free is definitely a good idea because all I knew about it was the basic concept so when the main plot kicked in my jaw hit the ground and didn't quite get back to its original position until after the credits ended.

Basically it's set in modern-day Japan and involves two teenagers who wake up inhabiting each other's bodies without understanding why. There's a lot of gorgeous scenery of a small town in the mountains and modern day Tokyo, with a very endearing supporting cast aside from the two leads. The animation is also absolutely lovely and there's a great soundtrack by the band RADWIMPS. There is a fantasy element to the movie beyond the body-switching premise but elaborating any further would be spoileriffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back