Your Favorite(or prefered) Exalted martial arts style

Andrew--I apologize. I read Fruan's post as yours. Window tends to squeeze the view a bit' date=' so to get text, I have to scroll a bit. [/quote']
I'm sorry too, Jakk. I'm sorry I called you Irish.

Even still' date=' you might want to consider looking up the word rant. It doesn't mean what you think it does.[/quote']
Only because I love you like the drunken, misanthropic father figure I project my feelings of inadequacy and frustration on that I never had.

Here we are. It's a noun.

1. Violent or extravagant speech or writing.

I meant 'extravagant.' I take it to mean a rant can be violent or extravagant.

And extravagant means:

1. Given to lavish or imprudent expenditure: extravagant members of the imperial court.

2. Exceeding reasonable bounds: extravagant demands. See Synonyms at excessive.

3. Extremely abundant; profuse: extravagant vegetation.

4. Unreasonably high; exorbitant: extravagant fees.

5. Archaic. Straying beyond limits or bounds; wandering.

2 and 3 function for the purpose I wish to utilize the word rant.

Admit it, Jakk. You do go on when the mood strikes you.

Ormseitr said:
Trust me, Andrew, it really works. Really good shit, man.
I could never trust a Scandinavian. Nothing personal.

How about we stick to the topic' date=' okay? The new edition combines both brawl and martial arts, but in the mean time which of the current MA's is your favorite?[/quote']
Hepp! The new edition combines both brawl and martial arts??? I've been pretty much blind to any information about the second edition of the Exalted core rules. Where have you heard this?

Andrew--I'm a Kraut-Mick-Nip. German-Irish-Japanese. Three of the crankiest folks on the planet, and all of them give definition to the world "alcoholism".  In many dictionaries, there's a picture of a leprechaun, an Aryan ploughman, and a sariman all together right next to the word as an illustration. I take no offense at being called Irish.

You call me Swiss, I will fucking gut you, and leave you gasping like a fish. But that's because it's hard to hate the Swiss, and I figure somebody has to.

Yes, I do go on. It's what I do. But I hardly rant. I can be verbose. But considering some of the folks on the site, I figure I'm in good company for that...

But that's because it's hard to hate the Swiss' date=' and I figure [i']somebody[/i] has to.
Unless you're a European Jew who's somewhat miffed about how they collaborated with Hitler to steal all of your peoples' wealth, and still refuse to make restitutions. But that's trivial, really.

-S

See! Dirty Swiss. It only renews my irrational hatred. It tastes sweet, like new mead, and fills my soul with its dread power.

You call me Swiss, I will fucking gut you, and leave you gasping like a fish.
Switzerland is not a Scandinavian country. They maybe wanted to be, but the gargantuan Swedes would not let them.

Besides, the Swiss are a fine people. Swiss Guards have protected the Pope for over five hundred years. I love the Swiss.

The Swiss are just Germans who took a wrong turn. Or French who didn't have the guts to go for their own country. Or very lost Italians. Then there are the Romany who are really fucking lost. They are a bastard people collecting on lost gelt of other nations. A curse on their bastard houses.*  A curse on their Confederation, a curse on upon their cheese, and their fine machine craftsmanship. That they have guarded the Pope alone shows their heritage and tinge of evil Evil. EVIL!**

*If anyone who posts here is Swiss, I will attempt to take your heritage into consideration, and the utter lack of moral fiber into account, and try to receive your commentary without the rancor I would otherwise save for your bastard nation.

**Andrew--that is a better example of a rant.   :D

I think America and Canada are truly the bastard nations of the world, Jakk. After all, think of the inscription on the Statue of Liberty. They're just ASKING for the scum of the Earth, and competing with the Foreign Legion, to boot.

Hey, we stole this country fair and square. Didn't you see the flag that folks planted when we claimed it?  

Australia, now that is a bastard nation. Let's send our worst and most useless folks on a sea voyage across oceans--not just one, but a couple*--and then let them roam free to molest the natives and local animals to their heart's content. Sure, they can swim away... to islands full of cannibals and Eastern devils. Hah!

America and Canada both were good dumping grounds--look at the low born Irish in Boston and New York as fine examples of the English culling their herds, and the French did the same with theirs--see the Acadians and Quebec. Of course, then the Canada sent us the Cajuns, but again, we bought that strip of land, and all the indiginous people from France, fair and square. We have a treaty after all that proves it. Of course, none of the indiginous people had a written language, or a codified system of laws to refute it, or ambassadors for that matter, but hey, we have a strip of paper to prove our claim. All they had were the bones of their ancestors--and those don't fare so well against bulldozers...

*I am awed by the idea of setting up a penal colony across two oceans and two seas. How much of a mad do you have to have to send folks on a trip that long, and then set them up to live on the ass end of creation? Not just dump them into the deep water to be done with them, but so full of spite that you set them up in a land that hostile, in waters filled with even more hostile folks and critters. THAT is some spite for your ass.

No wonder the Australians take so much joy in beating the snot out of the English in cricket.

No wonder the Australians take so much joy in beating the snot out of the English in cricket.
We're battling back!  Sure, its taken a while, but we've finally put the cucumber sandwiches down and started throwing the croquery about in a hissy fit of immense proportions.

~FC.

Getting back on track, I'd have to say it's a tie for me.

If I'm playing a Celestial, Tiger all the way. For a Terrestrial, I can't get enough of Five-Dragon Style.

Thank you for turning a thread into a verbal slugfest not that any of you are lacking in such scathing words that would probably kill whatever god/goddes or whatever you believe in.

Anyways have fun hanging at each others throats, hope you get a vein then we can see all the good stuff.

How much of a mad do you have to have to send folks on a trip that long' date=' and then set them up to live on the ass end of creation?[/quote']
If you're looking for a serious answer, I think it had a lot to do with a land shortage in Great Britain amongst the noble class. Setting up Australia as a colony was a great way to give the royals some breathing room, and making it a prison colony was an easy way to get slave labor. Early Australia was really much more of a slave camp than a prison.

-S

Tur13l said:
Thank you for turning a thread into a verbal slugfest not that any of you are lacking in such scathing words that would probably kill whatever god/goddes or whatever you believe in.
I think everyone's been joking around so far, actually.

-S

Except for the Swiss part.

Alpine horn blowing poncey tarts. Holey cheese eating, watch-making, oooooh, we're too good to make military alliances with the folks we'll sell our daughters to, and accept your gold and stolen goods with the aplomb of a Soddom whoremaster accepting children into their stable.  A pox on all your chalets.  

Except the Rom. Those poor bastiches deserve a break.

:wink:

Oh' date=' and It'd be a tie between VboS and Monkey. Grand Daiklave MA, Ho![/quote']
You'll also want to have 5 Dragon style in there... To make an unholy trio of MA styles that allow Grand Daiklaves, but no armour...

Haku said:
Oh' date=' and It'd be a tie between VboS and Monkey. Grand Daiklave MA, Ho![/quote']
You'll also want to have 5 Dragon style in there... To make an unholy trio of MA styles that allow Grand Daiklaves, but no armour...
Celestial Monkey does allow armor, around the same time it allows Daiklaves.

-S

Stillborn said:
Haku said:
Celestial Monkey does allow armor, around the same time it allows Daiklaves.

-S
Ahhh, but VBoS does not... which mean if you're using those 3 styles in conjunction... VBoS sticks it to you.

I actually really like the Crimson Pentacle Blade Style.  It is, perhaps, the only MA style I can truly dig as a competitive style.  Whereas masters of the Celestial and Sidereal styles are downright rare in the world of Exalted (taken on a personal scale), users of Terrestrial styles are far more plentiful.

I also think Crimson Pentacle is extremely flavorful, especially in the way the five postures are described.  It is also downright cool in that it is specifically designed for group combat hinged towards the Terrestrial Exalted, who are supposed to be masters of fighting in force.

Granted, the charms are not...good.  Not at all.  Still, they are pretty potent for say, a God-Blood of some variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back