Other Your favorite game character(s)/your least favorite game character(s)?

FlyingDemon

In this thread, it will talk about favorite characters, but about those who are, in the opposite, a reason to be disliked.

like always, stay civil and try to not to put a lot of pictures, remember to say where these characters came from.
also, respect other opinions, even if you like a character that they dislike.

i start.

Kat from Gravity Rush (2012-2017).
Gravity-Rush-1.jpg

not only is she courageous but very loyal to the world of the pillar, she helps everyone, no matter if it involves sacrifices on her part,
she can be clumsy as being able to defeat an army of Nevis on her own.

Kat is in reality the queen Alua from the kingdom of Eto, she wanted to help the people below Eto to escape gravitational storms, the apple she had in the opening of Gravity Rush is a crystal that she used to get her message across.a younger Cicero hated her for the fact that she still has no guardian and pushed her, a deity give her finally her guardian, the cat shapped creature known as Dusty, but lose her memory in the process.

From the same game: Syd.
tumblr_onguvjjClv1tkl1s9o3_1280.jpg

Syd is a mysterious character, but he is also dedicated to protecting the people of Heksville from all threats, he has a sense of humour but also a sense of responsibility and proves to be good at building things or repairing them.

It is revealed in the game that Syd is in fact the servant of Queen Alua (Kat), he was the only one to trust her, he created a robot Alias to help Kat regain her memory and many of her powers. he's the one who controls the nevis, like when he helps Kat defeat Wolp (Cai's guardian) from detroying the world.

Sly3-murray2.png
Murray from the Sly Cooper serie.

the most interesting character in the saga, Murray is probably also the strongest and funniest, very loyal but also very useful.

about the disliked.

Katelyn (Kate) Moriarty from, Sherlock Holmes, devil's daughter (2016).

fr-sherlock-holmes-the-devils-daughter-story-trailer-309590-1464965693-high.jpg
when I first saw her, I thought she was nice, but the more the game goes, the more she shows her true face.

Selfish, spoiled-brat, she always blames her adopted father for things, instead of knowing that he also saves her life, without which she would have died.

Seriously, did she need to sulk, the next day or Sherlock defused a bomb?
did she needed to follow Alice, a crazy young woman who "talk to the dead" without questionning it? Alice was really an obvious insane person.She even kept the body of her father, William Hamilton in the crypt, how does that raise no suspicions to Kate? i know she is young, but come on.

i find her really hard with her adopted father, he offers her a roof, clothes, an education, but nothing is right for her.

Cai.
King_Cai.png
Cai is a bit like Katelyn, at first they seem nice, but in fact, Cai is even worse, he's arrogant, he doesn't care about the fate of the world and wants to do everything in his image, he was elected in Kat's place because she didn't have a guardian.
He act like he is a great king, yet, it's not the case..

He is the one who freed Elektricitite, a very dangerous goddess for the world of the pillar, his guardian Wolp destroyed Atlas after hearing Cicero (the chancellor) who see now the young king as a danger, wich is ironically true, considering that Cai released the chaos on Hekseville.

Sly Cooper. (2002- ????).
Sly-cooper-intro.jpg
despite the fact that he is the main hero and one of my favorite characters, I now realize that he is really pretentious compared to his ancestral line, always saying that he is "the descendant of a long line of master thieves" and he overestimates himself a lot compared to that.

So even though he's the main character, I don't think he deserves any more sympathy for that, I leave his place to Murray who really deserves it.

Last edited:
images

Ignus all business. (Final Fantasy XV)
He cooks, I assume cleans, has the brains and is openly honest not to mention a bad ass in his own story. He should have gotten more appreciation than he received by his bros still Ignus is one of my favorites. I have another favorite too.
latest

Eizen (Tales of Berseria)
He stands by his creed and he's a pirate and he's determined to get his tunnels. If you haven't played this or plan to play don't watch it.

Character I don't like
C29s4JWUoAA5cfK.jpg

Artorius(Tales Of Berseria)
His reasons for doing what he did I thought were weak. I thought he was annoying and talked too much. I could go but yeah...

Favorite character
Scorpion
Chun li
Kitana
Li mei
Wonder women
Harley quinn
Tira
Taki(she's ok)

Most hated with a freakin passion
Subzero
Cammy/ken/ryu
Superman
Talim (looks weak and annoying)
Sophitia (looks freaking weak)
Xianghua

My favorite:
Handsome Jack - Borderlands 2 & Borderlands; The Pre-Sequel
tumblr_ooz0loP1Jd1qcxzu2o2_500.gif
I like Jack because he was written pretty well, and his VA also voices one of my favorite DBZ characters in the English dub. Another thing is that he was actually funny, and he had a goal that he would stop at nothing to get. Lastly, he made me want to kill him. That may sound weird, but not a lot of antagonists make me care much for their presence in the game. What Jack did leading up to the ending made me want to kill him the instant it happened.

Fire Keeper - Dark Sous Series, mainly the third one
tumblr_o9ypy0a0TH1ul930go3_500.gif
Despite being there for nothing but leveling up my character, I felt a connection to the Fire Keeper. She was a character bound to her duty and no matter what your character did, she was there to help them along their journey. You could kill her(she'd just respawn), and she was still willing to help. In the dark universe that is Dark Souls, the Fire Keeper shines a little light on it, even if she isn't everyone's favorite sun praiser or onion knight.

Wei Shen - Sleeping Dogs
wei_shen_beating_someone_up_by_superninjanub-d6odheu.jpg
A man too deep in his job. Wei was fucking cool dude. I have a crap ton of favorite characters, but he definitely is somewhere in the top 10. There isn't much I can say without spoiling the game. Too be vague, this man went through a shit ton and lost a lot of people along the way. He may have considered them friends, or not, I'm not sure, but the things he witnessed while doing his job... I honestly felt sad for the guy. He was a captivating character though and I enjoyed playing as him through his journey.

Characters I dislike:
Will Add Soon

Ah. My favourite and most hated characters. Well...

The Favourites

Arkham city - catwoman

One of my favourite characters by far, and no, not because I like seeing her leap around in tight leather.

batmanarkhamcity_207_catwomandive.jpg

Seriously though, her story arc is awesome. And the fighting... got to love whipping those stupid thugs into shape and leaping off walls.

Skyrim - Astrid

Skyrim. One of my favourite games of all time. It's normally mentioned by me on lists similar to this all the time, for it's story, mod capability, freedom, the works really. But Astrid has to rank as my favourite character from the series, this ruthless, taunting female assassin (not to give away too many hints) plots a plan so ghastly even sithis would be thinking twice. It was my favourite quest line in my initial run through, and it's probably the quest line I've done the most, whether through loading up old save files or creating entirely new characters.

skyrim_character___astrid_by_skyrimphotographer-d4j6glg.jpg

X - com Enemy within - Bradford

My God do I want to punch this guy. And the game has had me yelling this guys name (no, not like that) in amused frustration before, at his various decisions, comments and actions. Stop taking all the credit you loveable jerk! I'm the one in charge. (Which is why everyone is dying.)

2351002-xcomenemypreview.still005.jpg

My most hated

Civilization 4 - Pacal

Okay, I don't know whether this really counts, because he's more like a faction. But my God, is the AI good with this faction. Prepare for Pacal to have all the wonders, all the great people, be friends with everyone, and super rich. You knock him out fast, or prepare to be riding around with Calvary while he's getting into space.

ign_bts_516b.jpg

Vermintide - That fire breathing bitch *cough* Sienna

Admittedly, my hatred of this character is a bit unfounded. But whenever I see her, (especially with that voice) I want to stick an arrow through her brain. Thank God friendly fire isn't a thing in the Vermintide world.

image.jpg

I'd say both of mine come from relatively recent Bethesda titles

Best:
-Paarthanax (TES5-Skyrim). Chilled out dragon boi, and I wish he didn't spend all his time at the top of the world. I never did the blades' quest to kill him since in my opinion he's more than earned his redemption to undo and finalize the death of Alduin, and I never do the blades' quest to kill him. When people (or dragons) are young they can only see things very one sided and make mistakes or be blinded by prejudice or power. I wish there were more dialogue options for him, so you could just go chill out with him and debate philosophy.

Worst:
-Preston Garvey (Fallout 4). Aside from basically being a meme for the egregious side quests, he is a seriously flat and uninteresting character who just likes being a good guy and fighting for the minutemen. Which would be fine if he was just a shopkeep or side character that was only around for one quest, but he's one of the main characters of the entire game and pivotal to a lot of the major quest lines. All of the other characters at least had their quirks, like the british octopus robot would call you by your characters' name or piper would call you "blue" since you wore a blue jumpsuit, and at best had entire arcs.

ooo! my absolute favorite game character has to be this lovely boi, Wrench from Watch Dogs 2. i loved him since he was first introduced because, hello, he’s an asbolute memelord. and after the W4TCHED mission? yep, i was a goner. he’s forever got a soft spot in my heart.

my least favorite.. don’t laugh at me, cause this just has to be said. Jason from Heavy Rain. don’t get me wrong, i love kids; i’m a child development major and work at a daycare for christ’s sake, i have to love kids. however, this kid? gods, he infuriated me. i don’t know if it was him, the situation, or how cringe the entire scene was, but not a single tear was shed for Jaaayysoooon.

754FBE2B-B286-48CA-A9A3-7D749587CA57.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back